Cineplex Employee Reviews

not that frun
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 August 2017
wack and trash i hated it and the managers are bias af, unless you re liked by the managers good luck having a good time. I reccomend not working there at all
Pros
free movies
Cons
mainly a highschoolers part time job, lot of fun and good management
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 August 2017
the movie theatre was one of my more enjoyable jobs, always had a good time at work even on the long busy days. my managers were great to deal with if you ever needed anything and i never had any problems working here.
Pros
work parties, good management, easy to get along with coworkers, easy job, good pay for part time highschool job
Cons
occasional rude customers, cleaning up after movies sometimes quite bad
asdasd
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2017
When working at Cineplex the best perks of working here is getting free movies. You are allowed to watch a movie after your shift is over. This really shows their appreciation to their employees.
Yikes
Concession Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 August 2017
Or no. Just don't. Honestly this place makes me uncomfortable, worked here for 2 years with no mention of a raise above minimum wage, for any of the employees. If you get promoted you get a literal miniscule increase, and thats barely enough. Long hours, thankless work, rude customers and bosses who don't care. This is what is wrong with minimum wage work.
okay temporary job
Guest Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2017
Fairly mediocre job. The guests often put you in a terrible mood with their non-stop senseless inquiries and incompetence. Other employees are friendly enough.
Cons
Being stuck at your desk all day
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 July 2017
Cineplex was my favourite job thus far. Management and coworkers made it feel more like a family than anything else. A typical day at work would consist of at least 4-6 hours of work on concession, with a mandatory break after working for 5 hours. The atmosphere was welcoming and exciting and it made me excited to go to work. I love the benefits that you get as well from being a cast member. There are screenings of new movies, and games nights, and cast appreciation days and it brought the Orion Gate family closer together.
Pros
Free popcorn and drinks on shift
Cons
Not enough hours
Work at Cineplex.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2017
When in concession there's always something to do from sweeping to stocking candy. I learned to take initiative because sometime you can't find the TL
Pros
50%off food, free popcorn & drinks, Cast passes(admits 2 people)
Cons
1 shift a week, normally get asked to go home.
Interactive workplace with a need for quick thinking
Team Leader / Cast Trainer - Movie Theatre (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2017
A typical day would be dealing with hundred of guest and providing the proper services that they need. Things i have learned while working there is how to manage a team efficiently and how to train new members efficiently. The management team is always there to office necessary assistance and to attended to the needs of the employees. Hardest part of the job is dealing with hundred of people at once but once you've become more accustom with large numbers of people it becomes easier. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to provide other employees the training and skills they would need to accomplish their task.
Fun and enjoyable
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2017
Would never know what to expect at cineplex, anything can and will happen. Pretty fun meeting new people and interacting with the guests, always nice to surround myself with positive people and environment.
Fast paced, fun and inviting.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 July 2017
Cineplex is a great company enviroment and benefit wise. However since it is a theatre the hours can sometimes become over whelming and you often work very late.
Pros
Free movie tickets, free popcorn and soda during shift, half off food during shift.
Cons
Long and late hours
The company provides a wonderful experience with also the chance to work with an amazing group of people!
Cast Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2017
The typical day at work in Cineplex is quite fast-paced. It'll really fire you up in an un-energetic day! You could literally implement the experiences from the job for many careers open in the market. It has been a hectic but educational ride working for the company. I've built a wonderful bond amongst most of my colleagues and management. All-in-all, Cineplex produces a comfortable, enjoyable, and challenging (in a good way) working environment.
Productive, smooth running
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 July 2017
Handling cash, assisting customers, as well as showing customers to their designated theaters. I learned how to handle situations with customers and improved on my customer skills altogether. The atmosphere at Cineplex was enthusiastic and every employee, plus the managers, got along fine with each other.
Cons
Long hours - leaving at around 2am every shift
Fun Place to Work Great People
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 July 2017
Most days i work Floor, I have to clean theaters after people are done watching their movies, so its not the most glamorous job in the world, but usually my co-workers and I engage in some pretty interesting conversation about anything from moves to philosophy to politics. Management is amazing at the theater i work at and perks are pretty great (Free Coffee and Free Movies)
Pros
Great Enviorment
Cons
Low on Hours depending on time of year
Working at Silvercity Rhill (Cineplex) is exactly what you think it is
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 June 2017
Long hours, managerial staff's attitude is condescending. The position I had there (Team Member) was the very basics of a food service/customer service position. Similar to working at Canada's Wonderland.
Pros
Free movies, once a month
Cons
Hours suck and management sucks
EMPLOYMENT/VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
they've over hired, meaning there is too many staff with not enough hours. Ive had some bad expiriences with mgmnt not being respectful. they never give raises unless they have to (legal minimum is raised) and there are so many broken things that they wont fix, despite them impeding our ability to work
excellent
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
Like achive targets, always willing to some or the other things, like mental and physical tasks. Love to meet new people, curious to know new things always.
meh
Cashier, cook, guest services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2017
the job was full of gossip from both management and cast members. even though we were promised a raise I never saw mine. the guests are easy but management is not understanding and often criticizes you for the smallest of issues that are not in your control.
Fun place to work
CAST MEMBER (Current Employee) –  South Keys, ON22 June 2017
Fun place to work, the management is friendly and helpful with any questions. Customers vary but are usually friendly. Very flexible hours that work around your schedule.
Pros
Free Movies, Flexible hours, Friendly Staff
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Good starter job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 June 2017
This was my first part time job and it was easy to manage with school, and with outside sports. The workers and managers were great and it was a fun job to have.
Great Work Culture
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 June 2017
While the job could be frustrating at times, the culture in the workplace was amazing and kept me working for much longer than I expected. The people were great to work with.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Boring work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8