Cineplex Employee Reviews

Great cast, difficult managers
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONApril 4, 2016
Of the 8 months that I worked at Cineplex, I learned a lot through my fellow cast member and management making me a harder worker throughout my time there. The hardest part of the job would be that our rushes were inconsistent and sometimes we would lack the staff and be swarmed with guests. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with guests everyday. The majority of the time the people were extremely friendly and I would see them consistently. Although the management was tough and sometimes controversial, I would recommend my friends to work there for the environment one would receive.
Pros
Free movies, half price lunches
Cons
Difficult, egotistic managers.
Great Starter Job
Cast member (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 10, 2016
Has reasonable hours
Amazing Coworkers and Managers
Can be emotionally draining with difficult customers
Fast paced
Can be stressful to some
But overall good place to be
Easy Job
Pros
Amazing Coworkers Fun environment Great Managers
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
Supportive team environment
Concession Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 30, 2016
Typical day in the Concession Department involves serving theatre guests and processing transactions as well as popping Popcorn and merchandising candy shelves, and cleaning food prep areas. This is a great team environment with supportive management willing to help. The hardest part of the job is serving the difficult guests as well as during busy periods making sure supply does not run out. This, however is only a casual position with schedule released weekly, so you have no idea how many hours you'll be working week to week which makes budgeting difficult.
Pros
Free movies, popcorn, staff events
Cons
Casual hours and min wage pay
okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2016
Management sucked, they would find anyway, shape or form to write you up. they would tell you everything you did wrong and wouldn't help you improve and tell you how to fix it.
Co-workers were probably the best part of the job, you meet so many nice people of all ages and cultures and if you had a problem they would help you to the best of their ability/

I have gotten better at my communication skills both verbally and written and i have learned more about food handling and preparation and what working with costumers all the time feels like.
Pros
discounts and free movies
Cons
management
Constant rushes if your into fast and friendly service
Bar/Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 14, 2016
-business varies depending on the days, Tuesdays and week ends are the busiest and can be fun when you come to work prepared and looking forward to the rush
-I learned working with a team can be difficult when everyone is not on the same boat but when you come to an agreement things move fast and efficiently
-management team not so friendly if you don't "bend over backwards" or work extra long shifts
-hardest part about work is pulling someone else's weight and your own when everybody doesn't work together
-most enjoyable part of the job are the friendly guests, the rushes/line ups, and the smell of popcorn!
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Labour Work
Socially Interactive & Supportive Team Enviroment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 17, 2016
As a cast member, I truly enjoy working with Cineplex. At my theater my management team is truly amazing and they go above and beyond to make sure that you are in a comfortable and safe work environment.
Pros
Free Movies, Flexible Hours
Cons
Minimum Wage Pay
Friendly workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 7, 2016
A typical day would be to open the restaurant by making the necessary preparations for the day. Make sure everything is set to properly and efficiently serve the guest. I learned to work better in groups and under pressure also better communication. The hardest part of the job was to learn to work under pressure. The most enjoyable part was working with such a big base of employees because it had a very friendly environment, even with the managers.
Pros
free movies.
Cons
short breaks.
Manager
Theatre Manager (Former Employee) –  Various locationsJuly 22, 2016
Salary was a joke, favouritism is rampant. No actual training as a manager, just job shadowing. You will be screamed at, either from customer or your manager/gm
Pros
Discount on garbage fast food
Cons
Wage, corporate culture, work environment
fun working environment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCSeptember 7, 2016
good management, fun working environment.
Only con is salary which is too low. The events organised by the cineplex are fun and you can watch a free movie anywhere.
Pros
free movies, good and fun events
Cons
salary
Great Community
Team Leader (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 24, 2016
Cineplex is a great first jobs for a lot of students, making a very fun and exciting community to work with. Moreover, management is accustomed to dealing with new hires, thus they know how to teach younger employees.
Great Job, but problems
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 19, 2016
Hired a bunch of people and now university students who need work in the summer and being punished for calling in sick

Free movies great, typical service job, dealing with the same things you usually deal with. Not a bad job, best part is the coworkers
Pros
free movies
Cons
Can't get your hours
A great group of people to work with
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 20, 2016
Everyday working there was made enduring by the excellent group of people that I worked with on a daily basis. The job itself was hard work, and fulfilling. The management staff was not as involved and personable as I would have liked
fun workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2016
the other cast members are amazing people, made some really good friends there. Management picks favourite cast members, and makes sure they're always happy compared to their "non-favourites". The managers are very rude and judgemental.
Pros
free movies, fun environment, cast members are friendly
Cons
management, hours, hard labour for kids
love working here
Cast member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 21, 2016
Cineplex is a great place to work if you are a student with a busy life and need flexible hours. You get to meet a lot of interesting people and they offer you great training for future jobs
Fun workplace with an inviting atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
This job has been very fun. As an employee, you get to learn a lot of interpersonal skills when interacting with guests and co-workers. I can say that I never have an awful day working at Cineplex!
better than mcdonalds, worse than everything
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 17, 2016
a typical day in the concessions department consists of confirming floats, making popcorn, selling concession items and all that mess. Every hour we have to prepare for a rush when there's a new movie or a popular one that comes out. Now the job is an OK job if you're a teenager trying to make some extra money, but the managers can be a real pain. you're not guaranteed hours if you ask, so a cast member would typically work 2 shifts a week or 1 shift and one on call which is not guaranteed to turn into a shift. managers will reject your availability even if you have school and DELIBERATELY schedule you outside of your availability. when you hear stories from the team leaders, you could tell that a lot has changed about work life. also, the place is quite disgusting, from washrooms to rats in the stock room and even finding condoms in the auditoriums during theatre cleans, only way to mask the pure disgust and regret from taking this job is saying to yourself "hey, it's a job"
Pros
Free popcorn and movies
Cons
unpaid break, gross environment, rude customers, management.
Entertainment company
Part Time Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 5, 2016
Entertainment company that provides a variety of different roles within the Cineplex community, I worked as floor member and a concession member.
Pros
free movies
It's a nice place to work.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2016
It's a good place to work they just don't give enough shifts to the people that need them. The people there are really nice and it's a good environment to work in.
Pros
Good place to work/
Cons
Not enough shifts
Its ok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 28, 2016
Not horrible. but its pretty good. Managers are very caring and flexible with schedules. Working there was fun. Recommend working there to gain experience and meet new people!
good
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2016
it is good its good great good wonderful its good why yall making me write dis huh imma get bare thumbs down still but its all cool i is smartt very smart kbye

2.8