Cineplex Employee Reviews in Canada

Super fun place to work!
Outtakes staff (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 4, 2015
So far I've had a very positive experience working for Cineplex! The hours and pay aren't bad if you're just looking to put extra cash in your pocket. All the employees are friendly and talk to each other like they're family. The management are very nice and do not have that "I am better than you petty employees" vibe like most managers have, All in all I love working here!
Pros
Commission in concession, decent hours, works around your schedule, fun employees, friendly management
Cons
slow in the early morning/afternoon, minimum wage
Excellent place with open culture
Purchasing and Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of doing my job correctly and enjoying it even though it was not so stimulating. I learned the world of purchasing and corporate sales my short time there and grateful for it. Management was alright, they seemed to be absent a lot of the times and didn't get a proper feel for their employees. The co-workers were typically all nice and well liked.
Pros
Outings and open culture
Cons
lack of communication with management
Productive workplace with interesting people
Cineplex Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Cineplex had a lot of benefits, they had flexible hours, and friendly workers.I enjoyed the people I worked with and have learned a lot about customer service and how to handle certain situations. It was an amazing place to work.
Pros
Lots of benefits; free movies
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast-paced and friendly working environment.
frontline cook/ concession attendant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONNovember 20, 2015
A typical day at work was attending to the guest at the movie theater and always go above and beyond to make a lasting impression. One thing that sticks with me till this day is, "Deliver An Exceptional Guest Service Experience."
I learned the intricacies of the customer service industry.
I learned good communication skills and interpersonal skills. For example. How to upsell, how to stock merchandise, how to be neat and tidy.
The co-workers were from all different walks of life and backgrounds.
The co-workers were friendly for the most part but at times can be selfish. With that being said if you would ask for help; there response would be ask someone else or the Team Leader. Don't get me wrong your work life is not your personal and Cineplex thought me how to be a professional individual.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with rushes and showtimes and keeping a smile on your face because of the fast-paced work environment. As an employee of Cineplex you were always on your feet.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the free movie voucher every pay stub.
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
great energetic work place nice staff
learned great costumer service skills and how to deal in a busy environment
enjoyable staff and management
Pros
free movies
Cons
busy weekends
Good place to start off when young, only good thing it has is flexibility
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Super flexible, you can craft your schedule the way you want by taking or getting rid of shifts by trading with your co-workers

100+ employees meant someone is most of the time willing to cover your shift or you can take a shift

You deal with many people on your worse of nights and fight boredom on your less than stellar days

They're open 365 days a year, so you can work Stat. holidays and get paid more

Managers aren't collectively together so messages weren't always delivered to you about promotions and changes that happen overnight, it is like another high-school where drama and theft happens in the workplace

You aren't paid for your 15 min breaks, let alone even get one if you work more than 4 hours.
Pros
flexible, always open = more shifts, can pick up and give shifts with ease
Cons
no paid breaks, very petty and you have to kiss up to managers to get noticed
Kitchen Staff at Don Mills VIP Cineplex
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 11, 2016
job was ok pretty decent nothing special. I would suggest better management team in cineplex, they have to hire more professional and trained managers.
Pros
cast passes, balance hours and flexibility, overall good job
Cons
disorganized management, no confidence in team members
Positive work environment.
Cineplex Odeon Cinemas Concessions Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2016
An average day at work consisted of a seven hour shift with a thirty minute break. We were usually busy which made the time go by quickly.The managers were very understanding and my fellow employees were very friendly.I found that making popcorn while serving customers to be the most difficult. Overall Cineplex was a great place to work.
Pros
Free cast popcorn and cast drinks.
Cons
Distance from where I live
Fun workplace environment
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 13, 2016
I loved working at Cineplex because it was a very fun working environment. Co-workers were mostly around the same age group as myself and so it was easy to get along with them. It was not too busy on regular days. On busier occasions (i.e. PA Day, Christmas Day etc.), all employees worked as a team to ensure everything ran smoothly.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Work hours varied week to week
Good atmosphere and company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  La Salle, QCOctober 20, 2015
Great company to work for.
Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Great co-workers.
Flexible schedule.
Good benefits.
good work place
cashier/usher (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSOctober 4, 2015
I loved working at cineplex , great people and great staff and management. There was always something to do while you were working it was never boring , and great work benefits.
It was great when I first started working there as a teen
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
When I first started working at the movie theatre under old management I thought it was fun working there. Cineplex used to be Famous players and it being an entertainment company they really knew how to treat their hard working employees. I wouldn't deny the experience I got working there though. I learned a lot.
Pros
free movies
Friendly workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 7, 2016
A typical day would be to open the restaurant by making the necessary preparations for the day. Make sure everything is set to properly and efficiently serve the guest. I learned to work better in groups and under pressure also better communication. The hardest part of the job was to learn to work under pressure. The most enjoyable part was working with such a big base of employees because it had a very friendly environment, even with the managers.
Pros
free movies.
Cons
short breaks.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 15, 2016
Working at Cineplex was an amazing opportunity as I learnt a lot of skills, although they were not very flexible with schedules as I would get off past midnight on weekdays! I found working there for roughly 6 hour shifts and only getting paid $10.45/hr was not worth it.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
The salary isnt enough compared to how hard I work
Decent job for part-time employees
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 29, 2015
Not many opportunities offered. Very few recognition incentives and isn't as flexible compared to other jobs. It's a challenging company to work with in terms of work life balance.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
work life balance
3/5
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 12, 2015
Sometimes unorganized, Managers can be biased. Sometimes unfair management decisions. Unnecessary confrontations with managers and other cast members.

Yet, managers are willing to help most of the time. Easy to get a long with for the majority. Most are easy going.

Sometimes can feel helpless when their is a concern with guest (customer) and Cast member. Manager doesn't support cast member OFTEN. when in a confrontation and the guest is being very unreasonable.

Good first job.

Hours go by quick

Many opportunities for different kinds of work there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Constant new things added to the menu that are sometimes time consuming.
Socially Interactive & Supportive Team Enviroment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 17, 2016
As a cast member, I truly enjoy working with Cineplex. At my theater my management team is truly amazing and they go above and beyond to make sure that you are in a comfortable and safe work environment.
Pros
Free Movies, Flexible Hours
Cons
Minimum Wage Pay
Great Job, but problems
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 19, 2016
Hired a bunch of people and now university students who need work in the summer and being punished for calling in sick

Free movies great, typical service job, dealing with the same things you usually deal with. Not a bad job, best part is the coworkers
Pros
free movies
Cons
Can't get your hours
A great group of people to work with
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 20, 2016
Everyday working there was made enduring by the excellent group of people that I worked with on a daily basis. The job itself was hard work, and fulfilling. The management staff was not as involved and personable as I would have liked
Manager
Theatre Manager (Former Employee) –  Various locationsJuly 22, 2016
Salary was a joke, favouritism is rampant. No actual training as a manager, just job shadowing. You will be screamed at, either from customer or your manager/gm
Pros
Discount on garbage fast food
Cons
Wage, corporate culture, work environment

2.8