Cineplex Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace with great perks
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON18 October 2016
Working at Cineplex is a rewarding form of employment. The work environment is very fun. I would recommend Cineplex to anyone who asks.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Not enough hours
Fantastic job opportunities and company growth
MANAGEMENT/RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 October 2016
Can work your way up, senior management works with you to go after your dreams and career options. The company provides good benefits, and teaches courses to further your skills.
Fast paced cashier.
cashier, general cleaning duties (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2016
A typical day at work is standing at the till while serving various different food options to guests.I learned proper costumer service, and how to handle money. There was a strong sense of communication and trust among the management and co workers.The hardest part of the job was dealing with the fast paced environment.
Fun job, not a ton of hours
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
This job is great for a first job or for a part time job while in school. There is no minimum hours you have to meet except on your default availability. The cast is friendly and easy to get along with. So is management. There isn't a ton of growing oppertunity and raises are rarely given. Most people I know have been working there for 3 years and have not surpassed minimum wage.
Pros
Half price outtakes food, free movie for you and a guest every pay perios
Cons
Not a lot of shifts given
Postitive, easy-going & friendly.
Theatre Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2016
A typical day required you working with some incredible staff, in a very positive welcoming environment. Management was amazing, co-workers were sensational. It was definitely an enjoyable and encouraging experience.
Pros
Movie Passes
Very fun place to work at
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB2 October 2016
I find myself missing the Cineplex in Medicine Hat because everyone became my family while I worked there.
Great environment
Everyone was very welcoming when i first started and very understanding when i left.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough hours
Great experience.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
It was a great experience for what it was. I worked at a VIP where I was hired because of my restaurant background and was told that I could help develop their lounge service and bar. On the theatre level my GM was great on getting feedback and suggestions but that's where it stopped. Good luck trying to give any sort of suggestion to Operations Manager of VIP or the team that develops the kitchen and bar menu items all you get is an email saying "Thank you for your feedback"
As a part time assistant manager, you are required to know/do as much as an full-time manager but without the pay and benefits. That's their loop hole. As a part timer they can pay you less but work you more.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with entitled guests that have extremely high expectations since it's called VIP. We do our best but they just expect us to serve them hand and foot.
The best and worst part are the coworkers. Some of them too are entitled 20 something year old that expect a pay without the hard work. 90% of them are very hard working. The other 10 need to be fired which is a long and lengthy process because it's such a big corporation.
Pros
Free movies (only benefit unless you're a full time manager. Great GM
Cons
Lots of work. Some lazy management. Some upper managements are con artists. Low pay.
Fun workplace, mainly youth
Bartender/ Server/ Cook (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 September 2016
Cineplex is a very fun place to work at since it has a great atmosphere, co-workers are kind and great to work with. Teamwork plays a big role in the theatre, which is great. Our management team helps cast members whenever the theatre gets very busy and is approachable. They build a relationship with the cast members, therefore helping the work environment feel more welcoming.
Pros
One free movie every two weeks
Cons
No benefits, low income
Best Job Ever
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 September 2016
Cineplex Entertainment was by far one of the best jobs I have ever had, the management and crew were always smiling and very friendly! I learned a lot from this job that has helped me later on with previous jobs. Thank you Abbotsford Cineplex for making my time there memorable and amazing.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Not enough Pay
Don't work here
Theater Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2016
On the surface the job and company look very good. But on the inside they short change their employees at every opportunity. They put on wages for all hourly staff as well as their bonus structures are very difficult to attain. Good starter job for teenagers entering the work place, but that's about it.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and advancement. Lack of incentives
A easy job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2016
A straight forward job of cleaning theatres, selling movie tickets, concession food and informing customers on any available deals and also communicating with the guest to ensure excellent service.
Takes advantage of designers and new graduates
Graphic Designer (Freelance) (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2016
Horrible work environment and management. They fire people on spot when they make a mistake and don't support their employees when they need help.

Working here I watched as the management team took advantage of those who just graduated from school and expected them to work overtime WITHOUT PAY.

Designers had to ask for permission to go home every night, because there is so much work, you are looked upon if you don't stay to help. Also employees are asked to come in on weekends and work.

Very happy I was only on freelance because to dedicate my every day life to this kind of work environment is so depressing.
better than mcdonalds, worse than everything
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 September 2016
a typical day in the concessions department consists of confirming floats, making popcorn, selling concession items and all that mess. Every hour we have to prepare for a rush when there's a new movie or a popular one that comes out. Now the job is an OK job if you're a teenager trying to make some extra money, but the managers can be a real pain. you're not guaranteed hours if you ask, so a cast member would typically work 2 shifts a week or 1 shift and one on call which is not guaranteed to turn into a shift. managers will reject your availability even if you have school and DELIBERATELY schedule you outside of your availability. when you hear stories from the team leaders, you could tell that a lot has changed about work life. also, the place is quite disgusting, from washrooms to rats in the stock room and even finding condoms in the auditoriums during theatre cleans, only way to mask the pure disgust and regret from taking this job is saying to yourself "hey, it's a job"
Pros
Free popcorn and movies
Cons
unpaid break, gross environment, rude customers, management.
Great Starter Job
Cast member (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 September 2016
Has reasonable hours
Amazing Coworkers and Managers
Can be emotionally draining with difficult customers
Fast paced
Can be stressful to some
But overall good place to be
Easy Job
Pros
Amazing Coworkers Fun environment Great Managers
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
fun working environment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 September 2016
good management, fun working environment.
Only con is salary which is too low. The events organised by the cineplex are fun and you can watch a free movie anywhere.
Pros
free movies, good and fun events
Cons
salary
Not too Bad for a First job
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2016
I did enjoy my employment here. It is a good job for anyone who is looking for their first job. Unfortunately it is open EVERY day of the year..
Pros
Free Popcorn and Drinks while on shift. Free Entry to Movies anytime W/ notice to management
Cons
Sometimes works untill after midnight. Open EVERY day of year.
Perfect balance between work and play
Cast Trainer (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK2 September 2016
Working at the movie theatre is a perfect job for high school students. The management is great at scheduling time off work so you are able to do sports, vacation, etc. With the hours being based on high school students school times it works great. Start times aren't till four and you finish at nine on weekdays.
Pros
not many hours
Cons
not many hours
good
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2016
it is good its good great good wonderful its good why yall making me write dis huh imma get bare thumbs down still but its all cool i is smartt very smart kbye
Small break room with a dark walk and little to no hope of advancement
cast member (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 August 2016
Get chewed out and mistreated for things you couldn't have known, and experience no mercy from people who don't care about you. Barely legal, and overall the worst working experience I have ever had.
Pros
tiny bag of popcorn and they don't charge you for water
Cons
you'll want to die
Fake People & No Leadership
Designer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 August 2016
Keep looking. This has to be one of the most dysfunctional companies I have ever had the misfortune of being a part of.

Management says one thing, means another.
Inconsistencies between what is said and what gets done.
Lack of training leads to high turnover from 0 training to employees and heavy workloads. Overtime a plenty.
Overuse of temporary workers.
Management has verbally threatened whole departments with firings.
LOTS of office politics and backstabbing. If you're not one of the "cool group", you'll never get anywhere in this company.
Not a team atmosphere.
Life / Work imbalance is huge.
Pros
Decent pay, Free movies.
Cons
See above.

2.8