Cineplex Employee Reviews in Canada

Always a busy day, a lot of team work, working in a busy environment
Concessionist (Former Employee) –  3555 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ONOctober 27, 2015
A typical day working at Cineplex I would either open or close. If I'm opening, I would get my cash tail ready and then open the concession stand. Opening the concession stands consists of me counting out candies, cups, bags of popcorn, stocking the shelves, turning on the popcorn machines, turning on the butter machines and brewing fresh coffee. During the day I ensure that any guest visiting the colossus is happy with his/her order I remind them about using their scene card and provide the best of my costumer service abilities. Closing on a typical day consists of me cleaning the concession stand, throwing out any extra popcorn, counting whats left for the day, counting my cash tail and reporting it to my manager.
Its a great place to work if your in school
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
I personally enjoy working at Cineplex because it isn't a difficult job, and is very flexible with the hours when your in school or have another job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short Hours
Great place to work, Everyone gets along an feels like big family
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 21, 2016
Everyone helps one another. an theres a very positive aroma around the workplace everyone gets along and enjoys the company of thier fellow co-workers.
Friendly work environment, great for starting out
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 13, 2016
I think that working at Cineplex is a great introductory job that teaches you a lot of the basics, and the skills you'll need for future careers.
fun
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 12, 2016
could be fun and stressful at the same time. Overall based on the level of work salary was not good. Benefits were great and were on par with other companies
Pros
free movies
Cons
hours
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
great energetic work place nice staff
learned great costumer service skills and how to deal in a busy environment
enjoyable staff and management
Pros
free movies
Cons
busy weekends
Good fun place to work at.
Concession Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 7, 2016
my co-workers are really nice and work was never boring. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting interesting people and learning great service.
Fun and active work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Working at Cineplex has been a great experience for being a first job. The hours are quite flexible and the benefits are very nice for a working student. Management has been very welcoming and understanding to my as an employee . They are very helpful and accommodate to me being a working student. The hardest part of the job would be working late hours or just doing closing shifts but overall I recommend this job for high school students for its flexibility , gaining work experience, and working with such great co-workers who are very reliable and nice.
Great place for student employment
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 24, 2016
I loved working at Cineplex they truly love their employees. Also the people that tend to work there are mostly outgoing positive people.
Great Staff, Hard Work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2016
As fun as it was working with a bright dynamic team, management continued to schedule me during school hours and did not allow for a balanced week.
Pros
Free soda
Productive and fun workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Cineplex is a active working place involving a lot of customer service. I have learned that having empathy is really important when dealing with customers.
3/5
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 12, 2015
Sometimes unorganized, Managers can be biased. Sometimes unfair management decisions. Unnecessary confrontations with managers and other cast members.

Yet, managers are willing to help most of the time. Easy to get a long with for the majority. Most are easy going.

Sometimes can feel helpless when their is a concern with guest (customer) and Cast member. Manager doesn't support cast member OFTEN. when in a confrontation and the guest is being very unreasonable.

Good first job.

Hours go by quick

Many opportunities for different kinds of work there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Constant new things added to the menu that are sometimes time consuming.
Great Workplace
Part time cast member worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 1, 2016
Great experience, met lot's of new people and made some new friends. Lot's of interesting work positions for someone young.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Boring
Fun Place To Work, Love to go Back
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 18, 2015
its always good having people around your age working with you, that encourages you, i learned that if your in a positive mood and the guest is not, you can make them happy just by complimenting them, hardest part of the job was when you had to stay overnight to help close.
Pros
near my house
Cons
stay after night
Decent job for part-time employees
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 29, 2015
Not many opportunities offered. Very few recognition incentives and isn't as flexible compared to other jobs. It's a challenging company to work with in terms of work life balance.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
work life balance
Poor Hours
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 10, 2016
Most of my shifts were on calls and I very rarely had to go in to work. As a student it was hard for me to stay at a job that wasn't offering enough hours
great atmosphere, bad hours.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON, CanadaSeptember 16, 2015
Although it is a fun place to work, the times when most people want time off, is when the movie theater is at its busiest, such as weekends and holidays.

As well pay was just above minimum wage, for a job the required many late evenings and weekends.

I really enjoyed my time at Cineplex, however, it is not a place I'd like to make a life long career.
Pros
free movies
Cons
very late nights
Silvershitty
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 23, 2015
Barely no benefits were given. Management is as awful as can be, most are incredibly conceited and extremely passive aggressive. They tend to take it out on cast members for things that doesn't involve cast members at all. Co-workers are the same everywhere, some you like, some you hate! I believe that they're one of the few reasons Cineplex is worth staying for because all other factors are ridiculous. The only great thing about cineplex is the flexibility of the schedules. Since it's always busy, you're almost always guaranteed a shift whether it be 4 hours all the way to 8 hours. Lots of people tend to give shifts away and take shifts from people, it all depends on the hours and the area you're trained in.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Management, customers, toxic-environment for the most part, no raise will ever be given unless you apply to move up (it's not worth it)
Cast Member
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2016
 Operated the cash register and greeted customers
 Validated tickets in the ticket entry line
 Cleaning and preparing theatres for next viewing
Pros
free movie
Cons
work late hours
Excellent place with open culture
Purchasing and Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of doing my job correctly and enjoying it even though it was not so stimulating. I learned the world of purchasing and corporate sales my short time there and grateful for it. Management was alright, they seemed to be absent a lot of the times and didn't get a proper feel for their employees. The co-workers were typically all nice and well liked.
Pros
Outings and open culture
Cons
lack of communication with management