Cineplex

Cineplex Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
An interesting experience to say the least.
Cast Member (Customer Service/ Sales) (Current Employee), TrinityJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Free food/ Discounts for cast, Free movies, Awesome Staff, Fabulous work experiences
Cons: Few Hours Common, Removal of 15 minute breaks for shorter shifts, Moderately High Stress at times
Cineplex is one of those jobs that I will most likely look back on very fondly. Whether it's the staff, management, or just those days with very little to do and more time to focus on prepping the building, there always seems to be something to love about the job. You won't want to leave it. I can tell you that, there will always be those customers that make you say "maybe I ca stay for just a few more weeks" because the job experience is through the roof. There are some stressful situations so always take this with the assumption that you can handle stress but definitely a great place to spend your first working portion of your life.
Fun working environment
Employee at Cineplex Scarborough Cinemas (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Free movies
Cons: Management has changed, not as good as before
Great place to work if you are looking for a part time job and are in school, schedule can be very lenient. Cineplex seems to hire the best people to work with, very easy to get along with everyone.
High level of quality, great workplace
Junior Network Administrator- Co-Op (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
Pros: Take a 10 minute break get a coffee anytime
My review of Cineplex Head Office in Toronto starts with the word, fantastic. I was able to enter the level 3 Administration role of Junior Network Administrator and work closely with the Networking team. Not only the Networking team but the entire IT Operations team were helpful and I felt as one of the team right away. I reconfigured every switch HP Procurve in the Canada wide Infrastructure, every time I enter a theatre I think, "Hey I managed every switch in here for PCI Compliance"
Great place to work in a fast pace environment
General Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Cons: Long hours
Great company to work for. Typical Days at work differ depending on the tasks for the day. Learned a great deal in leadership, communication, health & safety, marketing, media, event planning.
oTHER
Bilingual Guest Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
Other. It was ok. It was good for students in school and post secondary students. Good part time job. Experience is good.
Fast paced, Friendly enviroment with a great crew!
Supervisor (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJune 2, 2015
Pros: Cast meal discount! Free movies (VIP, AVX etc)
Cons: Summer times, late closing hours
Silvercity Richmond Hill is a great place to work at! The first time you are hired, you instantly feel welcomed and the environment is very friendly. The hardest part I would say is at the very beginning, since movie theaters can instantly attract traffic and time management and having the right skills is everything. However, the staff and the cast members are there to help you out in every step!

The most enjoyable part of silver city would be the cast members and the staff and the satisfaction of being part of a family that really cares for one another!
Productive and fun workplace
Cast Member/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
Experience of a customer service
Pressure hour and pushed your limits
Deep understanding towards the customers
Work times are bit off
It's part time indeed but it's flexing to the hours given
Fast paced and entertaining place to work
Cast Member (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free movies and discounts on Outtakes food
Cons: Working late nights may occur
Dealing with lots of people everyday, always something new. Lots of room to move up in the company and opportunities to learn new things are always available. Lots of managers on duty to help with any issues we may have. Hardest part of my job is dealing with faulty technology and the customer issues that creates (computer systems freezing, and ATK machines breaking down). The highlight of my job is every pay cycle we are awarded with free movie passes.
The job was really simple.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free movie tickets, worked with many people
=>Typical day of work was cooking and cleaning
=> didn't really learn anything useful
=> management was helpful for the most part
=> co-workers were teenage kids, about half of them were motivated while the other half were lazy

=> If you are working with your friends it makes the job enjoyable, other wise it's really boring
Not enough hours but lots of perks
Cast member (Former Employee), Montreal, QcMay 15, 2015
I loved working at Cineplex, the hours were flexible until they started basing your shifts on your seniority. I would get 1 shift every 2 months if I was lucky. The people are nice and you get free movies passes and discounts on concessions. If you work in concessions you get commission on the combos you sell. This is a great starter job, however there is very little room for advancement, or at least at the theater I worked at.
fun energetic work place
Treasurer and Team Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: little pay and small raises
Customer service and food specialist.
Lead the team in day to day tasks.
counted stock for data and loss prevention.
Cashed tills for concession.
Fun work Environment
Cast Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: free movie passes
Cons: Not many hours
The people you work with really made the job worth while. Easy work, hours were not great but overall a fun job. Working in Concession was fun, but working in box office would have been better but that comes with more experience.
Free movies and a fun and fast paced environment
Theater Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2015
Free movies and a fun and fast paced environment. Some guests gets crazy difficult from time to time but overall not hard to handle.
THeatre
Teller and Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), HamiltonMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free Movies
Cons: Weekend work
Wonderful job..works around my schedule. Working with customers gives me experience working well with the public. I work with large amounts of money. I solve problems with customer service
Good Experience
Cast Member (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on concession items, free cast passes, tuition bursaries, unionized (paid breaks)
Cons: Late hours, Favoritism, Low Pay
There are several positions that you could work as a cast member: concession, floor, box office, outtakes, and yoyo's to name a few. Working at Cineplex you will acquire the benefits of getting the experience in the customer service industry. In my experience, I would say management displayed a lot of favoritism, and it showed in scheduling, promotions, and treatment to the employees. The co-workers for the most part were friendly, but sometimes the atmosphere reminded me of high-school, a lot of "cliques" and drama. The hardest part of the job was probably the late hours, I've been scheduled to work as late as 1am, and would clock out at 3 am. Consider your weekends gone too. The most enjoyable part of the job is the cast passes (free movies) and the cast food discount of course, our theater was unionized and we had a lot of opportunities to get perks and tuition bursaries. We also received paid breaks, 2 weeks vacation per year, and there are opportunities to receive scholarships for those in post-secondary school. Overall the experience was a good one, I would recommend the job to anyone looking for a part-time job and doesn't mind the late hours.
Job was not that bad, managers drove me to quit...
V.I.P. Server/Concession (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 27, 2015
Pros: Easy work, decent hours
Cons: Poor management, availability concerns
The job was easy, the people were great (for the most part), but the managers... They would book you whenever they wanted and expected you to show up. Overall I'd say that the job wasn't bad but the managers ruined the experience for me.
Good part time job
Cast Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
Pros: Free movie tickets
Cons: no benefits, minimum wage
-Pretty stressful on a busy day.
-Achieved some leadership and team work experiences.
-Management is not the best when it comes to planning ahead or recognizing workers.
-Co-workers are the fun part as they are very diverse.
-Hardest part is not being appreciated for your hard work.
-Free movie tickets.
Fun Work Place
Manager (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: Free Movies
Cons: Salary
Always a fun time. Never a day that is the same. You see, meet and welcome different people everyday. Everyone works as a team to accomplish one goal.
Minimum wage part-time and no job security
Floor Staff (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONTApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free Movies (only one friend at a time though)
Cons: Disorganized and unprofessional managment
I have worked for Cineplex Entertainment before for 2 and a half years. Overall it wasn't that bad it was a nice job to have while going through high school. I left the company the first time was because I had just entered college and Cineplex was demanding too many hours.

Recently I have finished my studies and being out of work for about 6 months decided to apply at Cineplex again at a different movie theatre that had just opened. Thinking this would be a good start to raising my job profile again I took the job. I participated in all of the re-training even if a lot of it was the same – more... as before. I was excited to work alongside my fellow cast members some were friends outside the company and even some of management I knew from when I worked with the company the first time.

When I first got hired again I noticed they hired a few too many staff. But knowing the company from before I was sure they would find a way to treat their cast members equally. After working two regular shifts after they opened, one I was sent home early because again there were too many staff. Next day I get call from the GM saying my employment has been terminated and given no explanation why? I asked if there was anyone else I could talk too to find out more information and he gave me a contact to someone with HR. The person from HR told me to go talk to management which goes to show how disorganized and unprofessional they really are. After putting in my time and effort though the years for this company only to find out you are disposable as the next guy they hire. They can't even have a face to face meeting with me to discuss my performance or direction just a few simple words over the phone.

I guess for first time students this is a good job, but if you see yourself still working for this company over the age of 20 I would recommend you find another line for work. – less
Good 'First Job'
Cashier, Cash Management, Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
I worked in many areas of the theater, I worked in Concessions/ P.O.S, Usher, Projectionist, Cash management and Assistant Manager. This place is a good 'first job' as it teaches basic skills for p.o.s, cleaning and organizing skills, as well as work ethic, time and stock management, and team work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cineplex

Cineplex Inc. is one of Canada’s largest entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including movie theatres, – Read more