Cineplex Employee Reviews

good first job, but dont stay there.
Cast member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
Good first job, wouldnt recommend keeping it for longer than high school though. No potential for advancement because they mostly hired managers from out of company.
Pros
free movies
Cons
Cutting of cast member incentive; screenings with family and friends, commission
cineplex chinook is a great firs job, but i would not reccomend it to people with previous experience
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2017
this job is a perfect first job. the management can be a little hit and miss, but overall a decent place to work. you will not receive a raise, unless you move up into a leadership role. the whole environment is like you're in high school, with everyone dating each other, and there being a lot of drama. but i have found some real friends working here.
Pros
free movie tickets for you and one friend, EXTREMELY flexible hours
Cons
free movie tickets come with a LOT of rules, hours are hard to come by because there are so many employees. very busy location, i don't recomend if you get anxiety.
Fun working environment
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 February 2017
It was a typical day of work, I learned to work in a fast pace environment, attention to detail, the work place culture seemed okay, the hardest part for working for this company was heavy lifting, and making it to work in the winter time.
It's decent
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK14 February 2017
It's a good first job with flexible hours and good coworkers. However, there's no option to get bonuses or raises to add onto the minimum wage pay. There are also quite a few broken things within the building that aren't taken care of right away, as well as long hours depending on how busy it is. I've been there until 1 AM before due to late movies and the overall intake of guests. But all in all, it's a good place to work, just not too long term.
Pros
Free movies, half off food during work, good coworkers, good work environment
Cons
Long hours, no bonuses or raises, minor maintenance issues
Good job to learn basic Sales technique.
Concession Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  North York, ON13 February 2017
typical work included machinery cleaning at the time, NOW, all done by night people. Counting stock and keeping inventory lists, as well as maintaining safe kitchen safety temps etc. While selling like a little popcorn hungry monster during movie rushes.
Pros
free popcorn and movies
Cons
LATE hours. you leave when the last movie is finished at times.
Was good, not very hard.
Concession Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2017
It was good experience. Although I worked for few months, I could feel that I am working with good people in great work environment.
If you like movies, I highly recommend to work for Cineplex.
Not for me
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 February 2017
It wasn't that bad honestly, I could've continued to work there. It was just too much strain on my body. Standing in one spot for hours and having so little space to move around. I didn't feel like I got enough for a break. I wasn't that fond of my coworkers, I felt rather closed off. Not everyone was bad though. It is fairly fast paced especially when it is busy, you got to be quick. Simple cash skills and just pay attention to customers orders. It was a nice time sometimes, but I couldn't deal with it physically or mentally.
Pros
Free movies, can choose restrictions on your work schedule, good managers, fun place
Cons
long hours standing, fast paced, exhausting
Count (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB1 February 2017
Cineplex had a great work environment, the managers are all really nice and the schedule is flexible if you need a day of. When you come in to work you are greeted by smiles, all the staff are pretty close and even hang out outside of work. The job helps build lasting friendships. Employees also get to benefit from free movies on your days off while working there and free popcorn n pop during your shifts. The worst part about this job is the low hours but other then that there isn't much to complain about and I really do believe this is a great place to work, especially for students or for a first job.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Low hours
Fun workplace - perfect for first job experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON30 January 2017
Open to lots of hours, employees can trade in shifts or give shifts away to fellow employees.
Numerous areas and departments to be trained in.
Friendly staff and co-workers.
Decent pay.
Employee Benefits.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Free Movie (Bi-weekly), Employee Discount and Friendly Staff
Cons
General Minimum Wage, May be stuck in one department for lengthy amount of time
A Good Start
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
Working at Cineplex was a good way to enter the work force, especially if you are just entering the work force as a student.
good
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON29 January 2017
good place to work lots of hours fair pay and everybody is close and have a lot of fun meet a lot of interesting people can't say enough good stuff about this place
Nice place overall but enjoyment really depends on which location
Floor Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 January 2017
Nice coworkers since they're usually all teens or people in university but I preferred the Markham location vs Square One because the managers were much better, the building was new so everything was convenient.
Pros
Free movie tickets for two every week, free popcorn and drinks, xbox in cast lounge, 50% off on outtakes food
Cons
Hours can be short (a lot of 4hrs), late hours (sometimes until 1am)
Cineplex
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Cineplex was a great starting point, but by the end of my time there, I wasn't enjoying it at all. Granted that my availability there was only mornings, there would rarely be any shifts besides Outtakes. The pay wasn't the greatest, as there were raises few and far between. Trying to earn Cast Member of the month was apparently really easy for some people, as I was never given that award. The managers there, some were great, some were OK, some were not great.
Pros
Great friendships, free movies, learned valuable skills.
Cons
Really repetitive shifts, very little pay raise.
Fun workplace with good people.
Usher (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON15 January 2017
Come in and stand at the booth and rip tickets from guests. I learned that sometimes you have to be patient. The management was great. Coworkers were friendly people. Hardest part of the job was cleaning theaters. The most enjoyable was working with good people.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Very good place to work as a student
Richmond Hill- Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 January 2017
A very good place to work at, it provides good training, experience and the cast feels like family. The benefits are amazing, and it rewards well for working good
Pros
Benefits of the job
friendly environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 January 2017
the people i worked with were super friendly
capable of making your own schedule
the management was okay
would sometimes get free movie tickets
free popcorn during break
Management gives terrible impression.
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2017
Keep people who does not work and fire people out of personal differences. People who doesnt work well or hard gets awarded and people who do doesnt get awarded.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Little to no hours. like sometime one ten hours per week
Customer Service
Food & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Able to learn and resolve issue that customer have bring your attention to during their experience with their visit. Is a job that you are able to meet new friends
Expect Nothing
Porter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
Claims to be short staffed, yet doesn't hand out any hours to people willing to go the extra mile.

Sporadic work week dictated by underutilized computer scheduling program.

Other than that it was pretty much the same thing every day (when I was given hours) and was alright.

Being employed is one thing, making money is another.

Expected to Clock in with a supervisor because they didn't finish the schedule, found myself wasting part of my shift to find a super.

Lack of communication between floor staff, supervisors, managers and GMs unless something goes totally loopy.

Honestly if you're about 18-21 and looking for some sweet spare cash for that new iPhone then heck yeah.

Otherwise, look for something where you're a little less...expendable.
Pros
Free Pop and Popcorn
Cons
Sporadic "On-Call" like hours.
Great Place to work
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Management treats you like family, the company is guest focused but is very helpful when it comes to their employees. The offer fair compensation and room for advancement.

2.8