Cineplex Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
A great group of people to work with
Floor Lead (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 20, 2016
Everyday working there was made enduring by the excellent group of people that I worked with on a daily basis. The job itself was hard work, and fulfilling. The management staff was not as involved and personable as I would have liked
Socially Interactive & Supportive Team Enviroment
Cast Member (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 17, 2016
Pros: Free Movies, Flexible Hours
Cons: Minimum Wage Pay
As a cast member, I truly enjoy working with Cineplex. At my theater my management team is truly amazing and they go above and beyond to make sure that you are in a comfortable and safe work environment.
fun
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 12, 2016
Pros: free movies
Cons: hours
could be fun and stressful at the same time. Overall based on the level of work salary was not good. Benefits were great and were on par with other companies
Good fun place to work at.
Concession Attendant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 7, 2016
my co-workers are really nice and work was never boring. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting interesting people and learning great service.
Issue of favouritism within the workplace
Cast member (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2016
Pros: Free tickets (unless they throw them out lol)
Cons: Management is extremely ignorant
It's a good place to work if it's your first job , but they never raise the wages even after working there for a couple of years still being paid the minimum. They literally count every second of work and training sucked they literally didn't explain anything. Tons of the staff just stand and talk to each other with managers and if you go up and say hi to someone you know for a split second you get yelled at so I find that unfair. many co-workers wear jeans to work and don't get told anything and when I forgot my pants once they wrote me up overall the management sucked and were extremely rude and unwelcoming.
Its a great place to work if your in school
Cast Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Short Hours
I personally enjoy working at Cineplex because it isn't a difficult job, and is very flexible with the hours when your in school or have another job.
Socially interactive and productive workplace
Treasurer (Current Employee), Mission, BCApril 21, 2016
When new popular movies are released my workplace environment is very fast paced and demanding, where the workers are left with little room for errors. On the other hand when it is slower on a Wednesday night for example, the workplace becomes very lethargic and boring. There are nights where you have to kill a lot of time before you can do anything. Cineplex is one big team and it is very important to have fun productive workers to make it a good work environment. The hardest part of the job is when I have to deal with unreasonable guests and workers, and ironically the most enjoyable part is when I get to interact with interesting happy guests and workers. Management try very hard to make the building run smoothly and efficiently, and I get along with them very well.
Great Job, but problems
Cast Member (Current Employee), St. John's, NLApril 19, 2016
Pros: free movies
Cons: Can't get your hours
Hired a bunch of people and now university students who need work in the summer and being punished for calling in sick

Free movies great, typical service job, dealing with the same things you usually deal with. Not a bad job, best part is the coworkers
Friendly work environment, great for starting out
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2016
I think that working at Cineplex is a great introductory job that teaches you a lot of the basics, and the skills you'll need for future careers.
Poor Hours
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 10, 2016
Most of my shifts were on calls and I very rarely had to go in to work. As a student it was hard for me to stay at a job that wasn't offering enough hours
Positive work environment.
Cineplex Odeon Cinemas Concessions Cast Member (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2016
Pros: Free cast popcorn and cast drinks.
Cons: Distance from where I live
An average day at work consisted of a seven hour shift with a thirty minute break. We were usually busy which made the time go by quickly.The managers were very understanding and my fellow employees were very friendly.I found that making popcorn while serving customers to be the most difficult. Overall Cineplex was a great place to work.
Great cast, difficult managers
Cast Member (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONApril 4, 2016
Pros: Free movies, half price lunches
Cons: Difficult, egotistic managers.
Of the 8 months that I worked at Cineplex, I learned a lot through my fellow cast member and management making me a harder worker throughout my time there. The hardest part of the job would be that our rushes were inconsistent and sometimes we would lack the staff and be swarmed with guests. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with guests everyday. The majority of the time the people were extremely friendly and I would see them consistently. Although the management was tough and sometimes controversial, I would recommend my friends to work there for the environment one would receive.
Supportive team environment
Concession Cashier (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Free movies, popcorn, staff events
Cons: Casual hours and min wage pay
Typical day in the Concession Department involves serving theatre guests and processing transactions as well as popping Popcorn and merchandising candy shelves, and cleaning food prep areas. This is a great team environment with supportive management willing to help. The hardest part of the job is serving the difficult guests as well as during busy periods making sure supply does not run out. This, however is only a casual position with schedule released weekly, so you have no idea how many hours you'll be working week to week which makes budgeting difficult.
okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2016
Pros: discounts and free movies
Cons: management
Management sucked, they would find anyway, shape or form to write you up. they would tell you everything you did wrong and wouldn't help you improve and tell you how to fix it.
Co-workers were probably the best part of the job, you meet so many nice people of all ages and cultures and if you had a problem they would help you to the best of their ability/

I have gotten better at my communication skills both verbally and written and i have learned more about food handling and preparation and what working with costumers all the time feels like.
Great place for student employment
Cast Member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 24, 2016
I loved working at Cineplex they truly love their employees. Also the people that tend to work there are mostly outgoing positive people.
fun workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2016
Pros: free movies, fun environment, cast members are friendly
Cons: management, hours, hard labour for kids
the other cast members are amazing people, made some really good friends there. Management picks favourite cast members, and makes sure they're always happy compared to their "non-favourites". The managers are very rude and judgemental.
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
Pros: free movies
Cons: busy weekends
great energetic work place nice staff
learned great costumer service skills and how to deal in a busy environment
enjoyable staff and management
Good
member (Former Employee), 55 Bloor St WestMarch 18, 2016
It was decent, very good people. But the hours where too long, not clear on instruction just pretty much learning. Overall not bad
Constant rushes if your into fast and friendly service
Bar/Floor Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Free movies
Cons: Labour Work
-business varies depending on the days, Tuesdays and week ends are the busiest and can be fun when you come to work prepared and looking forward to the rush
-I learned working with a team can be difficult when everyone is not on the same boat but when you come to an agreement things move fast and efficiently
-management team not so friendly if you don't "bend over backwards" or work extra long shifts
-hardest part about work is pulling someone else's weight and your own when everybody doesn't work together
-most enjoyable part of the job are the friendly guests, the rushes/line ups, and the smell of popcorn!
great workplace with great people
Cast Member (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 10, 2016
learned about customer service, learned how to handle different situations with customers. overall great experience