Cineplex Employee Reviews

Fun Work Environment
Cashier and Stock (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 December 2016
Feel welcomed once entering the building. Feel part of a family that works together to make the work place better both for ourselves and management but also for the customers. We learn things such as valuable customer skill services as well as the ability to work under pressure.
Pros
Meet new people.
Cons
Not enough hours
Easy job, lots of hours
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2016
It's an okay place to work. It gets very repetitive which can be pretty boring. Management was pretty good for the most part.
Pros
Free movies
Fast Paced, Fun, Exciting and Interactive Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
A typical day at Cineplex is very fast moving day that involves a lot of human interactions. Making food and talking to everyone was part of a normal successful day. The team at Cineplex is very friendly and extremely fun to be around.
Excellent Workplace
Marketing Intern, Digital Strategies (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
An absolutely fantastic corporate culture with teams of individuals who are incredibly helpful and inclusive. Would completely recommend working at Cineplex to every member of society.
Cineplex
Cast Member/Cinema Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2016
Working in cineplex has provided me the knowledge of handling issues from guest within a fast-paced environment. Although, due to their "cost cutting strategies" they do not provide a great Job security to most of their employees
Was fun and great in the beginning, but...
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 November 2016
In the beginning, the job was fun, then as a few things changed in management, it plummeted. Work became stressful all the time, we would be understaffed and working as fast as we could during the in-seat services.

I think what lacked the most when I worked there was the lack of appreciation for the hard work the cast members do. We never got "awesome work guys!" or thank you's, anything of the sort. That's what maybe drove some of the cast to not care about doing tasks when it was slow or put the effort in. We always had disappointed looks from the managers, as though we didn't work hard enough when the in-seat services were busy, and we always did out best to get the food out to the guests a.s.a.p.
Pros
Free movie tickets and discounted food at Outtakes. Make a lot of friends. Tips.
Cons
Short hours, mnimum wage, no raises, might be scheduled outside of availability, have to work Christmas Day, on-call shifts.
Good Place to work
Theatre Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 November 2016
As a manager it is long hours but it is a good environment and there are a lot of chances for help if you have any questions whether it is from other managers or higher up. There will always be ups and downs but I did love my job.

Hardest part for me was that strange hours but before my child It was more than doable. The best part was going in and seeing this family that we made every day. the people range from low to high like in a real family but that is what was great about it.
*Concessioin worker
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS26 October 2016
good flexible hours,only downside is there is no possibility for full time, the free movies and cheap food while working was great. great for a first job or if youre going to school
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 October 2016
Minimum wage does not suffice, lots of employees make cineplex a fun workplace because if coworkers. However management isn't the greatest and promotions are hard to come by. Would recommend for a first job or a short period of time.
Pros
Free popcorn and drinks
Cons
Only when on shift
Fun Workplace with great perks
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON18 October 2016
Working at Cineplex is a rewarding form of employment. The work environment is very fun. I would recommend Cineplex to anyone who asks.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Not enough hours
Fantastic job opportunities and company growth
MANAGEMENT/RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 October 2016
Can work your way up, senior management works with you to go after your dreams and career options. The company provides good benefits, and teaches courses to further your skills.
Fast paced cashier.
cashier, general cleaning duties (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2016
A typical day at work is standing at the till while serving various different food options to guests.I learned proper costumer service, and how to handle money. There was a strong sense of communication and trust among the management and co workers.The hardest part of the job was dealing with the fast paced environment.
Fun job, not a ton of hours
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
This job is great for a first job or for a part time job while in school. There is no minimum hours you have to meet except on your default availability. The cast is friendly and easy to get along with. So is management. There isn't a ton of growing oppertunity and raises are rarely given. Most people I know have been working there for 3 years and have not surpassed minimum wage.
Pros
Half price outtakes food, free movie for you and a guest every pay perios
Cons
Not a lot of shifts given
Postitive, easy-going & friendly.
Theatre Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2016
A typical day required you working with some incredible staff, in a very positive welcoming environment. Management was amazing, co-workers were sensational. It was definitely an enjoyable and encouraging experience.
Pros
Movie Passes
Very fun place to work at
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB2 October 2016
I find myself missing the Cineplex in Medicine Hat because everyone became my family while I worked there.
Great environment
Everyone was very welcoming when i first started and very understanding when i left.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough hours
Great experience.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
It was a great experience for what it was. I worked at a VIP where I was hired because of my restaurant background and was told that I could help develop their lounge service and bar. On the theatre level my GM was great on getting feedback and suggestions but that's where it stopped. Good luck trying to give any sort of suggestion to Operations Manager of VIP or the team that develops the kitchen and bar menu items all you get is an email saying "Thank you for your feedback"
As a part time assistant manager, you are required to know/do as much as an full-time manager but without the pay and benefits. That's their loop hole. As a part timer they can pay you less but work you more.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with entitled guests that have extremely high expectations since it's called VIP. We do our best but they just expect us to serve them hand and foot.
The best and worst part are the coworkers. Some of them too are entitled 20 something year old that expect a pay without the hard work. 90% of them are very hard working. The other 10 need to be fired which is a long and lengthy process because it's such a big corporation.
Pros
Free movies (only benefit unless you're a full time manager. Great GM
Cons
Lots of work. Some lazy management. Some upper managements are con artists. Low pay.
Fun workplace, mainly youth
Bartender/ Server/ Cook (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 September 2016
Cineplex is a very fun place to work at since it has a great atmosphere, co-workers are kind and great to work with. Teamwork plays a big role in the theatre, which is great. Our management team helps cast members whenever the theatre gets very busy and is approachable. They build a relationship with the cast members, therefore helping the work environment feel more welcoming.
Pros
One free movie every two weeks
Cons
No benefits, low income
Best Job Ever
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 September 2016
Cineplex Entertainment was by far one of the best jobs I have ever had, the management and crew were always smiling and very friendly! I learned a lot from this job that has helped me later on with previous jobs. Thank you Abbotsford Cineplex for making my time there memorable and amazing.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Not enough Pay
Don't work here
Theater Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2016
On the surface the job and company look very good. But on the inside they short change their employees at every opportunity. They put on wages for all hourly staff as well as their bonus structures are very difficult to attain. Good starter job for teenagers entering the work place, but that's about it.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and advancement. Lack of incentives
A easy job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2016
A straight forward job of cleaning theatres, selling movie tickets, concession food and informing customers on any available deals and also communicating with the guest to ensure excellent service.

2.8