Cineplex Employee Review

Stay away, no really stay away... It's horrible.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Silvercity Brampton8 February 2014
Moral is low, this is the type of job that takes the life out of you. a job like this should be fun but is removed by a poor team of managers, and it's always been this way. There's no employee benefits which is expected for this type of work, however for having no benefits (Other then a laughable 100 dollars tuition reimbursement, seriously.. 100 dollars, I could pay for school faster in a yard sale and a free movie that you rarely get to use) The management team treats you badly they play favorites, for example.. Person A doesn't have to tuck his shirt in but god forbid Person B does, then he gets written up. The management team hand write ups out like it's candy, you could get forced to work a position you where never trained for and be written up without warning despite the fact you have no training. It's dirty, there's grease and dirt everywhere rodents in the cupboards that they make you clean, Supervisors are rude.. They take their personal problems out on you, management is no better they constantly violate ontario ESA, actually... Our whole health and safety committee is comprised of Managers, meaning any safety concerns get brushed off, this is the perfect example of a company that cares for their "Guests" as they call them but not their employees

Been talking to a friend who got a job there a while back, nothing has changed.

This place will treat you like dirt, I remember a manager threatened to
replace me if I refused to work Christmas morning.

It's funny because we're told a few things like
'The guest comes first'
'The Guest is why I'm here' that one
  more... is even on the back of our nametag

However if they ever need anything like an extra cup or bag, you're not allowed to give them it since the real thing we should memorize is "The Inventory comes first" Seriously, I remember being yelled at for giving a lady an extra bag to share with her kids.

They also put you in harms way dealing with Irate customers and angry people, It's not a fun job, after 3 hours on concession you'll be pulling your hair out, it's so hard to tell somebody they can't have a bag when there's a stack right behind you. they go "Well give me one of those" stuff like this has gotten me spat on, stuff thrown at me.. It's stupid we get cups thrown at us because we don't do refills.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Awful hours of operation, poor management, dirty, broken everything

Other Cineplex Employee Reviews

Great Company
Assistant Theatre Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 December 2017
Enjoyed working for this company for many years. Great job for first time employment as a young student. Many advancement opportunities available. One downside is benefits aren't given to Assistant Managers.
fun workplace
Food/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
this was my first job I picked up a lot of work experience with customer service and client interaction got me ready for the real world al in all it was a good job I was just too young at the time to look for growth with that company I went on to start university.
Pros
fun and free movies
Cons
politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9