Cineplex Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
VIP KItchen Chef (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 April 2017
Love working at Cineplex.
Great staff and management and just an overall good workplace environment. Good system for setting up shifts as well as trading and giving them away if need be. Also easy to pick up shifts.
Fun work environment and nice people
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2017
Cineplex is a fun place to work at. Good for a first job for young people who are still in school. Has very flexible hours and it's easy work. Easy to make friends here as well.
Free movies!
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 April 2017
Cineplex is a good place to work while your in school as you can set your availability and most shifts are at night after school. Plus Free Movies!!!!
Safe and Great place for advancement
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
This company is the first company I have ever worked for. At first I started as a Cast Member, then when I was of age, worked for VIP. Now I am their Customer Service Representative. They give you so much room to grow and it is an incredibly friendly atmosphere.
Pros
environment, opportunities
Would not recommend but not horrible
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2017
The majority of employees are minors, young adults or elderly individuals who kinda gave up on higher education.
You start in concession which is, in some cases, stressful to adapt to.
Most employees and managers are friendly at first.
Fast paced work in all areas other than management who sit in the office most of the day.
The job allowed me to learn (on my own) great customer service, how to use a till...and that's pretty much it, everything else is pretty self explanatory if you're already a diligent worker.

Good for: entry-level, highschool student, part-time, living with parents

Bad for: experienced workers, university students, living independently, with a vehicle, phone plan bills, grocery bills, insurance bills, medication bills
Pros
Incentive programs, occasional late night movie screenings, free popcorn, drinks and 50% off outtakes during breaks and 30 minutes before or after shifts, free movie passes bi-weekly
Cons
Late hours, unproductive coworkers, snobby/rude guests, extremely busy weekends and holidays, bureaucratic/lazy management system
its not good for family life .
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 April 2017
This job need to get payed more money also its a shift work ,not good for family life also no social life . work environment very poor need to work under pressure,
Pros
free movie
Cons
shift work -lots of managers got sick
Great first job
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS25 April 2017
Great first job! Never too demanding and very flexible hours. Has a great atmosphere and very easy going overall. Free passes to movies is always a plus!
Pros
Free passes, flexible hours
Cons
Some short shifts
Great workplace for University study flexibility but lead by a terrible management team
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2017
The management team at Cineplex are irresponsible, inappropriate with cast members, and show bias and favourtism to those looking to excel and move up in the company. They do not help cast improve as a person nor a worker.
The job itself provides a great way to improve socialization skills as we provide the best service to our guests in the VIP theatre and lounge.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Horrible Management
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
Management was never understanding and would not make accommodations. Management showed favoritism and gave special treatment to their favorites. Although it was very flexible when it came to hours, that is if they ever give you any good luck with that if you aren't a favorite.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Bad Management
Amazing environment to work, great first job.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2017
This was my first job and I absolutely loved it. Everyone - cast, team leaders and management - were all a close group. We would have tons of outings and even little games nights and stuff in the theatre. The job itself isn't a difficult one as a cast member, but be forewarned: a lot of team leaders will say that the amount of pressure put on you as a TL isn't worth the ten cent raise. Management is easy going, strict when they had to be but not unusually unfair. I was so sad when I had to leave, but we cast members still hang out all the time! Highly recommend this job, especially as a first job. The only complaint would be that theatres are open late and open on holidays like Easter and Christmas, which can be really hard to get off. Some nights you might not be out until midnight, so keep that in mind!
Pros
tight-knit group, easy job
Cons
late nights and working holidays
Crew Member
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
I enjoyed being a crew member. They had good flexible hours and also pretty nice benefits like free cast passes. Also, I like how we rotate different positions.
Make long time friends but the job is not worth it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 April 2017
I had worked at cineplex for about 2 years and honestly the job is really repetitive. I like new challenges to spice up the work that i do and keep it fun, however it was never like that. The most challenges i would have would be a clogged toilet or a movie screen not working once in a while. The people there are great but the benefits suck and and you don't get to use them when you aren't working unless you are watching the movies which are free. Otherwise I would probably not stay there long. Find a job that lets you advance in positions.
Pros
Free Popcorn
Cons
EVERYTHING
great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
the work was fun and it was fast paced so you were never bored when actually working. also the schedule is ver flexible since most of the employees are students
Fast Paced Workplace with Amazing People
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 April 2017
A typical day at work would be going in, preparing food and popcorn merchandisers for customers to purchase. Serving guests with fast and efficient service making their visit at Cineplex enjoyable. I learned that team work is very essential in providing fast and efficient customer service. Management will always be there to guide you with any questions you have and if you're unsure about things. The workplace culture is diverse, with lots of young and fun people. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people that you think as family.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Rude customers
Awsome work flow, fun and rewarding!
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 April 2017
Fast pace with multiple tasks always learning and being able to become cross trained. Management is always fun and gives the team a back bone. The culture is very dynamic given the amount of customers everyday. The hardest part is keeping everyone and everything in time management. The job is just amazing!
Pros
Free movies.
Cons
Late nights.
Good people to work with. Management is all business.
VIP In-Seat Runner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
No union, no benefits (only the cast-pass when the managers feel like getting it)., being a runner in the longest hallway of all the VIPs just to get tipped out in peanuts while you work for in-seat servers that help run food/drink sometimes... But just push tablet buttons all day and clean theaters.

Sometimes they HAVE to play unpopular movies which will lead to less people and more dead days in this 3 theater hybrid restaurant-theater place. Before I left they started hosting events and photoshoots for people just to get revenue up.

Only apply for this job as an in-seat server near when a hype movie comes out otherwise you will waste your time, energy, and money.
Pros
Cast Passes / 1 bag of popcorn & 1 small fountain drink
Cons
4.5 hour shifts / Viewing awful movies that no one wants to watch / Nagging to get a cast pass /
Friendly and Clean Environment Theatre
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
Cineplex has very friendly and accepting workers. The job makes you feel comfortable and motivated to work. Managers and co-workers care for one another and guests.
Pros
Free Movies, 50% off food, Free drinks and popcorn
Cons
Short hours
Job at Cineplex is good
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2017
I enjoy working at cineplex because i focus on teamwork and get to meet many lovely guests. i have been working for over a year and i am ready to see what i want to do with my life
Pros
flexible availability
Cons
short shifts
fast paced
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
faced paced on mostly Fridays, Saturdays and holidays, other weekdays are slow days. You are expected to multitask various duties. Management was questionable at times at how you were treated, but nonetheless they did their best to make your work experience the best it could be. Plus you get free movies.
Poor Management
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON4 April 2017
The management team at Cineplex is unorganized and can be very rude. The panic and stress that they provide to their workers is not only unprofessional but very rude.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8