Cineplex Employee Reviews

Persons Of African Color Maybe Lose the job quicker than they think.
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON17 January 2017
I started to work at the Cineplex for two months and was fired for no reason. I was the only Black Person and Dismissed for no reason.
WORST EXPERIENCE
Fun workplace with good people.
Usher (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON15 January 2017
Come in and stand at the booth and rip tickets from guests. I learned that sometimes you have to be patient. The management was great. Coworkers were friendly people. Hardest part of the job was cleaning theaters. The most enjoyable was working with good people.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Very good place to work as a student
Richmond Hill- Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 January 2017
A very good place to work at, it provides good training, experience and the cast feels like family. The benefits are amazing, and it rewards well for working good
Pros
Benefits of the job
friendly environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 January 2017
the people i worked with were super friendly
capable of making your own schedule
the management was okay
would sometimes get free movie tickets
free popcorn during break
Management gives terrible impression.
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2017
Keep people who does not work and fire people out of personal differences. People who doesnt work well or hard gets awarded and people who do doesnt get awarded.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Little to no hours. like sometime one ten hours per week
Customer Service
Food & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Able to learn and resolve issue that customer have bring your attention to during their experience with their visit. Is a job that you are able to meet new friends
Expect Nothing
Porter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
Claims to be short staffed, yet doesn't hand out any hours to people willing to go the extra mile.

Sporadic work week dictated by underutilized computer scheduling program.

Other than that it was pretty much the same thing every day (when I was given hours) and was alright.

Being employed is one thing, making money is another.

Expected to Clock in with a supervisor because they didn't finish the schedule, found myself wasting part of my shift to find a super.

Lack of communication between floor staff, supervisors, managers and GMs unless something goes totally loopy.

Honestly if you're about 18-21 and looking for some sweet spare cash for that new iPhone then heck yeah.

Otherwise, look for something where you're a little less...expendable.
Pros
Free Pop and Popcorn
Cons
Sporadic "On-Call" like hours.
Not willing to review this business
GENERAL MANAGER: Galaxy Cinemas Chilliwack (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC4 January 2017
I still work for this company and do not feel comfortable giving a proper review, why is this mandatory? A dishonest review doesn't do anyone any good.
Great Place to work
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Management treats you like family, the company is guest focused but is very helpful when it comes to their employees. The offer fair compensation and room for advancement.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 January 2017
Friendly cast members. Management are on point on guiding and helping new cast members. And what more to say im just adding up the word count here. Yeah they give free sodas and popcorns too. Just on a small brown bag and a kid cup. .enjoy on that! guest are pretty aight. Not so rude people in that city. This should be enough for the word count.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Average pay
Has it's pros and cons
Cineplex (Current Employee) –  Ontario18 December 2016
Stable job possible
Some chance at internal advancement
Good benefits
Average vacation
Average salary range
Possible bonus depending on fiscal year overall
Great coworkers not enough hours
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Windermere11 December 2016
Overall the people that work there are great, love all my co workers but managers are very strict and sometimes mean. They give all the shifts to trainees, so experienced workers get maybe one or two shifts a week.
Pros
Free popcorn and drinks but only on shift
Cons
Managers are very strict, few hours
Awesome first job!
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 December 2016
Honestly I've read a lot of the reviews on here, 95% are all negative and honestly I disagree with all of them! Being apart of the cast team is awesome everyone is so welcoming and also so positive and so helpful! Management is always looking on how they could improve and help the cast improve! The only negative thing is that you're pretty much stuck at min wage and some customs but usually customs are very understanding! Very good for a first job or just a job to keep you busy! Very fast paced.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
wages and customers
Fun Work Environment
Cashier and Stock (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 December 2016
Feel welcomed once entering the building. Feel part of a family that works together to make the work place better both for ourselves and management but also for the customers. We learn things such as valuable customer skill services as well as the ability to work under pressure.
Pros
Meet new people.
Cons
Not enough hours
Easy job, lots of hours
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2016
It's an okay place to work. It gets very repetitive which can be pretty boring. Management was pretty good for the most part.
Pros
Free movies
Fast Paced, Fun, Exciting and Interactive Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
A typical day at Cineplex is very fast moving day that involves a lot of human interactions. Making food and talking to everyone was part of a normal successful day. The team at Cineplex is very friendly and extremely fun to be around.
Excellent Workplace
Marketing Intern, Digital Strategies (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
An absolutely fantastic corporate culture with teams of individuals who are incredibly helpful and inclusive. Would completely recommend working at Cineplex to every member of society.
Cineplex
Cast Member/Cinema Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2016
Working in cineplex has provided me the knowledge of handling issues from guest within a fast-paced environment. Although, due to their "cost cutting strategies" they do not provide a great Job security to most of their employees
Was fun and great in the beginning, but...
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 November 2016
In the beginning, the job was fun, then as a few things changed in management, it plummeted. Work became stressful all the time, we would be understaffed and working as fast as we could during the in-seat services.

I think what lacked the most when I worked there was the lack of appreciation for the hard work the cast members do. We never got "awesome work guys!" or thank you's, anything of the sort. That's what maybe drove some of the cast to not care about doing tasks when it was slow or put the effort in. We always had disappointed looks from the managers, as though we didn't work hard enough when the in-seat services were busy, and we always did out best to get the food out to the guests a.s.a.p.
Pros
Free movie tickets and discounted food at Outtakes. Make a lot of friends. Tips.
Cons
Short hours, mnimum wage, no raises, might be scheduled outside of availability, have to work Christmas Day, on-call shifts.
Good Place to work
Theatre Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 November 2016
As a manager it is long hours but it is a good environment and there are a lot of chances for help if you have any questions whether it is from other managers or higher up. There will always be ups and downs but I did love my job.

Hardest part for me was that strange hours but before my child It was more than doable. The best part was going in and seeing this family that we made every day. the people range from low to high like in a real family but that is what was great about it.

2.8