Cineplex Employee Reviews

Fun place
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2018
Cineplex entertainment is a pretty fun place to work, especially if you work the floor shifts. The concession can be a bit exhausting at times due to the amount of traffic that flows through and how fast the customers come, but you can get free drinks, some popcorn and discounted rates on food and free movie passes with your pay check ( as of 2012)
Pros
Free movies, unique work experience
Cons
Minimum wage, part time
good
Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 January 2018
Fun environment to work in, if you are a fan of movies this is definitely the place for you. This was personally one of the best jobs I have ever had.
workplace culture
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON13 January 2018
Absolutely loved working with the group of individuals making up the cineplex cast and the management. Very open atmosphere regarding appearance and leniency. Had to leave regarding hours going unpaid but aside from that i recieved exceptional training and good hours and benefits
diversity
Runner/Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
Schedule is very flexible, and the diversity is showing in the team.
The management can be unprofessional at time, but overall the job itself was good.
Pros
schedule
Cons
management
Fun Place to work, but problem with Management
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 January 2018
I had an excellent experience working here. I only quit because of the poor management and to focus on my studies. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unreasonable customers.
Pros
free movies
Cons
poor management
fun place
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 January 2018
it was great when i first started, wonderful people and mangement, learned alot since this is my first actual job, how to do cash, and interact with guest better and be efficient
Pros
free movies
Great for young part time workers. Not ideal for career.
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 January 2018
Great environment for young workers. Good job for students. Most redeeming factor about Cineplex is the free movies along with its flexible schedule. What I enjoy most are the people I work with more than the job. Management is poor but this could be a location based issue and not company wide.
Pros
Free Movies, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Flexible hours, fast paste and fun
Lounge Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
Fun place to work if you enjoy meeting and interacting with new people everyday, and enjoy a fast pace job. A positive energy and attitude is required. It is important to have a keen memory in order taking and delivery, and a up-selling skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unprofessional Management
Too much drama
Cast Member (Acting Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2017
It felt like I was working in a big High School. It might have just been the Chinook location. Had to quit because the management refused to deal with the workplace harassment I was going through. I loved the work itself, and its a great starting out job, I would just advise not to make many friends there.
Pros
Work, Great Hours
Cons
Management, Staff
an average job
Xscape Floor/Redemption Counter/Sales (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 December 2017
This job was fun, however i was working on Xscape floor which granted me a fair bit of freedom in regards to how to go about my daily duties either repairing games or patrolling the floor.
I will be soon Twelve Years in Cineplex.
Projecionist, Usher, Maintenance, On Call. (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON27 December 2017
I learned to development skills for the movie cinema. I had enjoyable part is working with the customers. The hardest part is when we are on pressure. We have multicultural staff at work.
great hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2017
very flexible and gives great hors but the management was horrible at the eglinton location. I have nothing else to say about the place other than that youll make friends.
Fun, engaging, energetic.
Front Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON24 December 2017
I was one of the oldest people working there but I felt so youthful at the same time. It was a blast working there usually. Even though I would get home at around 2am sometimes smelling like butter and popcorn and feeling like a giant stick of grease, I felt good.

Customers commented how fast I worked and got their orders. It was great.

Really enjoyed working there. I worked behind the counter and on the lobby doing garbage so I worked every job. And enjoyed it all really it was fantastic. Every part.
Pros
Laughing with my colleagues.
Cons
Smelling like grease when I got home.
cineplex sucks
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 December 2017
It was the worst job I ever had. I would never work there again. It's just a money grabbing company. They don't care about anyone but themselves. Don't work there
Pros
nothing
Cons
Working there
ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 December 2017
great for a first job fair scheduling. there's is a lot a job opportunities to advance within the company. learned a lot from food service to business operations
Lots of fun, very flexible.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2017
Very fun job! If you don't mind being stuck on minimum wage it's a great place to work, free movies, free popcorn/drinks, free t shirts, 50% off food, and friends that will last longer than the job itself. Very flexible hours if you have another job or are in school. Management is very nice. Cineplex Is like a big family. & locations that serve alcohol have great opportunities for nice TIP$$ on busy nights! 10/10 would recommend & would definitely come back! ( also meet celebrities from time to time very cool! )
Pros
People, free stuff, fun
Cons
Low wages, not many opportunities to grow
Great Company
Assistant Theatre Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 December 2017
Enjoyed working for this company for many years. Great job for first time employment as a young student. Many advancement opportunities available. One downside is benefits aren't given to Assistant Managers.
fun workplace
Food/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
this was my first job I picked up a lot of work experience with customer service and client interaction got me ready for the real world al in all it was a good job I was just too young at the time to look for growth with that company I went on to start university.
Pros
fun and free movies
Cons
politics
Amazing first job
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 December 2017
Happy and Energetic work place with good people and even better management you can expect to feel like you are with friends well working here as its like a small family of amazing people
Pros
free movies
Cons
not to many shifts
productive,fun place to work. felt like home
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chinook, AB4 December 2017
Cineplex was a good first job to work at. The management was really good. The help ease you into the job comfortably and effectively. You felt like you were a part of a family working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9