Cineplex Employee Reviews

All Positive Besides Management
cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton Mountain6 September 2017
This place was amazing to work at free movie tickets, great employees the whole deal was awesome. The only thing that made this job suck was the management. Some were good, others however were peaty and rude. Many times throughout working there my amount of shifts would strictly depend on who did the schedule. One manager always found a way to cut my shifts or to give me as few as possible because he did not like that I had fun at work.
excellent team
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2017
Working well with my colleagues made this experience one of a kind. With various ethnicities in the workplace I was able to explore my understanding of different cultures and languages.
Positve fun workplace
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2017
Positive culture, cafeteria and park close by. No parking easily accessible by TTC. Lots to do but old systems can make it difficult to work efficiently.
Cineplex is good
any job (Former Employee) –  North York, ON23 August 2017
I been looking for this Cineplex's job, is a very good start for my part time job. Working at this Cineplex's company is very interesting to do, and I really like it.
It's alright
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 August 2017
Good for students that need a flexible schedule to fit with school. Free movies are a benefit. However favouritism among managers to cast members exists.
job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2017
i had friends working here already and so it was enough with them. got to watch free movies, it was a really good time to work there. it would be nice to work again.
Extremely flexible
Cashier/Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 August 2017
Very flexible hours, however at times you will probably get 1 shift aka 5 hours a week. Also the people are nice but like to gossip and managers tend to pick favourites at my location at least.
Pros
Free movies, Very Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours at times
management was terrible
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2017
typical day at work feels so underpaid when working in concession
i got to learn to get better at multi tasking and working with other people
the management was terrible and barely helps you with your duty
Pros
free movies
Cons
no raises
Great Co-Workers Not Great Environment
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 August 2017
This job had poor hours and often needed me to work past midnight several days in a row. The management was poor and unwelcoming, however the crew made it work it and kept the experience fun. The idea of creating a inviting movie-going environment isn't really achieve since it feels much more high stress due to managers.
Pros
Crew
Cons
Hours, Management
Amazing place to seek your first job
Cast member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 August 2017
Fantastic place to work. I've been employed by cineplex for over 3yrs and have a great understanding pf the companies values. Great place to learn basic work skills.

Not the best place to seek a long term job as raises are not given out but if you're looking for a first job, I'd highly recommend cineplex.
Pros
Free movies, great people, fun environment
Cons
no raises, tough to move up in the company.
not that frun
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 August 2017
wack and trash i hated it and the managers are bias af, unless you re liked by the managers good luck having a good time. I reccomend not working there at all
Pros
free movies
Cons
environnement de travail agréable.
Équipier (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC9 August 2017
Ceci est le meilleur emplois étudiant puisque tu fais ton horaire selon tes dispos. De plus, tu as des films gratuits.
Pros
film gratuit
Cons
courte pause et plusieurs rush.
mainly a highschoolers part time job, lot of fun and good management
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 August 2017
the movie theatre was one of my more enjoyable jobs, always had a good time at work even on the long busy days. my managers were great to deal with if you ever needed anything and i never had any problems working here.
Pros
work parties, good management, easy to get along with coworkers, easy job, good pay for part time highschool job
Cons
occasional rude customers, cleaning up after movies sometimes quite bad
asdasd
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2017
When working at Cineplex the best perks of working here is getting free movies. You are allowed to watch a movie after your shift is over. This really shows their appreciation to their employees.
Yikes
Concession Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 August 2017
Or no. Just don't. Honestly this place makes me uncomfortable, worked here for 2 years with no mention of a raise above minimum wage, for any of the employees. If you get promoted you get a literal miniscule increase, and thats barely enough. Long hours, thankless work, rude customers and bosses who don't care. This is what is wrong with minimum wage work.
okay temporary job
Guest Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2017
Fairly mediocre job. The guests often put you in a terrible mood with their non-stop senseless inquiries and incompetence. Other employees are friendly enough.
Cons
Being stuck at your desk all day
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 July 2017
Cineplex was my favourite job thus far. Management and coworkers made it feel more like a family than anything else. A typical day at work would consist of at least 4-6 hours of work on concession, with a mandatory break after working for 5 hours. The atmosphere was welcoming and exciting and it made me excited to go to work. I love the benefits that you get as well from being a cast member. There are screenings of new movies, and games nights, and cast appreciation days and it brought the Orion Gate family closer together.
Pros
Free popcorn and drinks on shift
Cons
Not enough hours
Work at Cineplex.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2017
When in concession there's always something to do from sweeping to stocking candy. I learned to take initiative because sometime you can't find the TL
Pros
50%off food, free popcorn & drinks, Cast passes(admits 2 people)
Cons
1 shift a week, normally get asked to go home.
Interactive workplace with a need for quick thinking
Team Leader / Cast Trainer - Movie Theatre (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2017
A typical day would be dealing with hundred of guest and providing the proper services that they need. Things i have learned while working there is how to manage a team efficiently and how to train new members efficiently. The management team is always there to office necessary assistance and to attended to the needs of the employees. Hardest part of the job is dealing with hundred of people at once but once you've become more accustom with large numbers of people it becomes easier. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to provide other employees the training and skills they would need to accomplish their task.
Fun and enjoyable
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2017
Would never know what to expect at cineplex, anything can and will happen. Pretty fun meeting new people and interacting with the guests, always nice to surround myself with positive people and environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8