Cineplex Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 November 2017
Cineplex is an excellent company to work in. I made good friends. Management staff is very outgoing and helpful. The hardest part of the job is cleaning up after closing. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team.
good job
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 November 2017
Great job, good hours, get free popcorn and discounted food. Great people to work with, and the different areas to work are fun because it is a change of job everyday.
NetSuite Project Manager
NetSuite Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
Excellent & Flexible work environment. Helpful & Motivated staff.

Awesome company to work for & Great people to work with.

Almost provided all Benefits & competitive salary. Management is very balanced & got vision for your growth within the company.
Fausses promesses
Équipier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC27 October 2017
Promets un poste en opération avec les salles et la billeterie, mais te place en restauration, malgré votre expérience acquis durant ces années et le salaire & avantages promis. De plus, respect pas les disponibilités que vous leur offrez.
Pros
Pause payée
Cons
Salaire, poste de travail, horaire, ambiance, équipe générale, ect...
Extremely busy yet very fun
Part Time Cast Memeber (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 October 2017
never feels like work when im working here, always very nice, kind people to talk to. Very team based environment and very strict about certain things like no long nails or else get fired
Fun workplace and staff
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON25 October 2017
I work mostly on floor, so ripping tickets and cleaning theaters. Nothing in this job is particularly hard.
For majority, the staff and guest interaction is amazing. One of my favourite aspects of the job is interacting with the guests. However the General Manager is condescending and when doing the schedule doesn't take availability into consideration.
Pros
Free movie for cast+1 every paycheck
Cons
Not many shifts
is a fun place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
is a fun place to work for a first job lots of perks a typical day at would be cleaning theatres and helping guest the best part off the is the free moves and popcorn
interesting place to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Excellent management,
It was fun to work there
the challenging part was that we have to learn to manage multiple task at the same time with the deadline,
a fun place to work especially as a first job
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2017
some days were very hard as we sometimes were left short staffed and over busy, though these were often avoided it can often ruin a week because its started so poorly.
i learned many things as the entire building has many areas and you are able to learn most easily, for example sales, stock, food and cleaning are all available to learn with ease. management had many downfalls and was often disorganized at my location but when they were up the time coasts and everyone's happy and shifts run extremely smooth. hardest part of the job is dealing with unpleasant people when the shift is already stressful, but since that can happen anywhere that makes the job simple. i found the most enjoyable part was the interaction, i was put in many roles where i was on the floor with customers, this is where i heard many stories, many laughs and praises and oh so many smiles.
Pros
free movies and discounted food on shift
Cons
min wage and no benefits
If you are desperate, then it is okay.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK13 October 2017
More of the same from other reviews, they keep cutting hours, and as a result they are now understaffed in most areas, the pay is horrible, if they could legally pay you less, they would. What I learned, anyone outside of the building doesn't care about the staff. Upper management makes stupid decisions on how to improve workflow without consulting the theaters, it then crashes and burns. The district manager was a complete tool. Half the managers can't do their jobs. The people in the theatre weren't bad, but could be better if the company wasn't so cheap. The hardest part is working for a company that literally couldn't care less about you, and they make it known to you. Most enjoyable part is swiping off and knowing in 5-7 years this company will finished.
Pros
Free movies(kind of), very flexible scheduling
Cons
poor pay/ very little hours/ no raises/ poor managment
Long nights with poorly managed staff
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 October 2017
My time at cineplex was often focused on me fixing the mistakes of my co-workers constantly with no punishment towards the mistakes, Work if you want but be expected to be running around fixing the mistakes of your co workers
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Place to work partime
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 October 2017
Was able to learn how to run a cash register as well as able to make friends in an enjoyable environment. hours were acceptable and life there was overall solid.
Pros
Good People
Fast Paced environment with multiple objectives to meet
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayers Lake, NS6 October 2017
Working at Cineplex was an opportunity to advance my skills in several areas of the business. Solid team environment. Job was challenging and exciting.
Pros
working in multiple areas of operations
Cons
short staff
It was okay
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2017
There were few things I enjoyed about this job. The people I worked with were great as were the managers. The free movies and popcorn were cool at first but it gets old. You don't get raises and if you do it's 5 cents. It gets very hot in some areas and there's no A.C. (at least when i worked there) customers are crazy rude and it gets so busy at times you just feel so drained at the end of your shift.
Pros
Free movies, free popcorn, nice managers/coworkers
Cons
Very busy, no raises, work very hard for hardly and pay
A job place made for kids
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 October 2017
I almost worked at Cineplex for a year, couldn't handle my managers anymore. They are immature, untrustworthy and they don't know basic policies. They never had an answer because they did not know how to do anything I asked, for example, they did not know how to book off for a vacation when I asked them how and I still ended up getting into trouble when I went of vacation without booking it.
Pros
free soda pop
Cons
managers
Great for free movies, awful management and staff.
Cast Member [Concession] (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 October 2017
The only reason I worked at Cineplex for three years was for the free movies and flexible scheduling. I mean it was good for the benefits of seeing movies for free and free popcorn + drink before/after/during shift, but everything else was awful.

The managers don't make much more than the supervisors. The supervisors/"trainers" are teenagers who know how to suck up to the bosses. If you don't suck up to the bosses, don't expect to advance in anyway. That means they don't care as much as the actual lowest level employees.

Oh, let's not forget how they hate giving anyone breaks. They love to take advantage of their teenage employees by giving them three hour evening shifts and everyone else. In fact if you are an actual adult, I would not recommend working here. The hours are completely inconsistent. If it's your first job, you will learn about the real world for sure and I will recommend it for that reason.

All you get paid is minimum wage, if you become a supervisor, it's a 25 cent raise. Honestly unless you like working with drama filled teenagers and having management in their late 20's with the maturity level of a 15 year old, never work at Cineplex ever.
Pros
flexible scheduling, free movies
Cons
staying later than your shifts, terrible management, barely trained supervisors, minimum wage
They keep cutting hours and increasing responsibility
cast member (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC26 September 2017
It's a good first job but this is an industry in decline. Hours get cut and management is stressed, not a place I'd want to work long-term, plus some are unionized and there's politicking.
Pros
wage is good
Cons
toilet duty
Nice place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 September 2017
Cineplex was a great workplace as a first job, it is very helpful on learning how to work in a fast paced environment and is flexible with your school/personal schedules. Overall, a nice place to work.
Pros
Flexible
fun
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2017
very inviting place the managers are awesome and the staff are well trained, very supportive and easy place to work id say. Good place to build skills
Diverse yet fun
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON9 September 2017
A fun environment with many career options if willing to travel.
Locations and offices in every major Canadian city.
Free movies, advance screenings & great support.
Pros
Flexible shifts.
Cons
Working when others are having fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8