Cineplex Entertainment

Cineplex Entertainment Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional, fun workplace
Cast member (Current Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 16, 2014
Working for Cineplex was my most enjoyable job so far. The management was professional but fun and team building as well. I learned many great skills working here that pertain to future jobs and life in general.
My Entertaining Experience
Cast Member (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: cast passes, flexible shifts
Cons: favourtism, lack of communication with managers
Working with Cineplex has not taught me much that i did not already acquire from previous jobs. However, the work environment was very welcoming and being able to make and build on relationships with guests and co workers is what motivated me the most to go to work. Cineplex to me, is a place to meet new people and deliver exceptional experiences for – more... everyone. – less
In Five
Ops (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Fun People
Committed People
Mgmt Show They Care
Its all about the Stock and market share
Amazing People in every Department
Cast Member (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: short shifts
I've been working at Cineplex since I started my first year of college. They have been extremely flexible with their schedule, making juggling school and work painless. All of the staff are extremely friendly and treat you like family, including management.
The hardest part can be time management but being there so long, I've become an expert in the – more... field.
The most enjoyable part is working with all the employees. They are encouraging and hard working, making the job much easier. – less
fun work place
Cast member (Former Employee), Richmond, BCNovember 19, 2013
Pros: free movies
Cons: dealing with some bad guest
dealing with guest. sometimes it can be slow when the movies are playing.. management was okay, co workers were good,
Review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 29, 2013
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work consists of interacting with guests, dealing with cash sales, balancing money and cleaning and dealing with food product. The management team is awesome to work with. A negative about the job is that some of the team members slack off and don't do their job.
energetic, vibrant and productive place to work in
CAST MEMBER (CSR) (Current Employee), yonge and dundusSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: free movies, great team
Cons: base pay
-managing daily crowd
-proper launching of a new movie
-working at a box office, handling daily cash, serving guests with a polite and graceful manner.
-informing guest about new and ongoing promotions
-answering phone calls at guest service
- acting as an active leader, ensuring a safe and entertainment environment is maintained through out the whole – more... operating time.
- working with the entire team, to ensure each area is functioning properly.
- informing management about conflicting issues
-handling guest concern and issues. – less
Great environment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Learned a lot, great opportunity to try a number of different job types
bad pay, bad day
box office (Current Employee), scotiabank chinook calgaryJune 13, 2013
Cons: mundane
poor pay for what you have to put up with, stay away from concession
excellent place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: rewards, prices for our hard work
From start to finish a great experience. fun and everyone was helpful. management was amazing . wendy was the best manager ever. Co- workers were so diverse yet we were a big family. hardest part of the job dealing with unreasonable customers. Most enjoyable part was having the best time of my life at a job.
Productive and enjoyable job, a lot of chance to get to know your co workers.
Cast Member (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 11, 2013
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part is at the end of a long shift you can go to a cast show with your friends and other co workers and really bond over a new movie.
Easy to get in...but bad management.
Cast Member (Former Employee), Polo Park, Winnipeg, MBMay 7, 2013
Pros: free cast pass (movie pass), free popcorn during break
Cons: no break if you have 5hrs or less.
BAD MANAGEMENT. Easy to get in.
you don't get a break if you're working 5 hrs or less.
Unpaid break (30 mins)
depending on the day, closers may stay til 1am.
Typical day at the job.
Cast Member (Current Employee), Chatham, OnMay 4, 2013
Pros: having fun with your job.
Cons: dealing with rude/impatient guests.
I get to meet a whole bunch of new guest, especially kids going to the movies for their first time. I learned that it is easy when everyone contributes to daily duties. Management is awesome. Same with co-workers, everyone is fun to work with. Hardest part of my job would be dealing with very impatient guests. The most enjoyable part is working at a – more... place that i look at as one of my hobbies, which is watching movies. – less
Great job all around!
Silvercity Yorkdale (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2013
Pros: great job- wonderful environment!
Cons: no hours.
Working with Cineplex I have learned many valuable skills, see a lot of great things and worked very hard to get places with in the company. With Silvercity Yorkdale the business flow was not as good as some of the other theaters but they made sure with the guests they had they did the very best!
Fun place to work at for the first time and constant interaction with customers
Team Member (part-time) (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 6, 2013
Pros: free movies once a week and discount on food.
Cons: limited advancement and growth.
- A good place to start working as a high-school student, most of the people working are the same age.
- Typical day at work is not stressful at all, however; you have to be able to work in a fast-paced environment in order to be efficient and productive.
- Customer interaction is extremely important.
An environment that ranges from relaxed to extremely busy
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: for the most part there were amazing co-workers, accepting environment, always work to do
Cons: range from excellent to poor workmanship amongst co-workers
Overall I enjoyed working at the Cineplex in Oakville for a year and a half, the mangers were great and the hours really helped me save up for school. The new theatre I work at in Ottawa isn't bad, but I find it difficult to get enough hours to make good money.
Entertaining
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
management is curteous

receive an education on movies

co-workers are young

hardest part it not to react when something goes wrong

to feel like a kid again
Fun work place, usually gets very busy serving 3000+ on a busy evening.
Team Leader/Birthday Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2012
Pros: half price food, free popcorn, free movies
Cons: long hours
Cineplex is a good place to work. I've learned to manage a bunch of priorities under pressure. Especially on a busy night. Usually I have to go from unit to unit to work depending on which area is busy. I'm use to working in a face pace environment, making sure every guest has a wonderful experience. The hardest part of my job is probably working long – more... shifts that run from 10 hours or more. I have been able to get use to it doing it almost every weekend. There is always interesting people coming into the theatre and that's what i love about it. I love being able to making someone have an amazing experience at my work place. – less
Work was good
Cast Member (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 3, 2012
Pros: free movies
Cons: seasonal hours
Working for Two years at Silvercity had its benefits. My co-workers we often young students like myself and most managers were young and understanding as well. The seasonal upside of the movies in the fall and winter is rewarding but the summer hours bring slow days and lack of work. The hiring system is misplaced and management can be unorganized. – more... Over all the Cast Member, the Usher and Cashiers keep the place running with their excellent skills and good mood, making it one the of top grossing theaters in Canada. – less
Loved working there
Cast Member (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: great energy and environment
Cons: late nights
Great environment, great people, cleaned so much, management was great