Cineflix is a leading international media company that brings together global broadcast and production partners, major talent, and key executives to create top quality original content produced and distributed for television and other platforms.
Producing more than 400 hours per year of multi-genre television for international broadcasters, and with a rapidly expanding library of 2500 hours, Cineflix is a recognized leader with offices in Montreal, Toronto, London, New York, Los Angeles, Vancouver, and Dublin.
Cineflix is currently looking for a IT Support Services Manager who has experience with Apple products in our Toronto office. This is a full time position.
The Support Services Manager’s role is to oversee all IT Support Services at Cineflix, and to ensure that all staff and customers receive exceptional IT assistance throughout the Cineflix organization. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Support Services duties.
The Support Services Manager will implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent support levels and quick resolutions to IT issues. This role will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary. This will also involve some system administration tasks and duties, including server monitoring, tracking network performance, and providing first line support of all Cineflix hardware worldwide.
This role will manage and lead the internal Cineflix IT support teams in Toronto, Montreal, and London, as well as overseeing the outside IT support consultants in the New York, LA and Dublin offices. Helping to prioritize support calls using the Cineflix IT helpdesk system, this position will ensure quick and professional responses to all Cineflix staff IT issues.
Strategy & Planning
- Analyze effectiveness of Support Services systems and procedures, the performance of
Support Services staff and activities and identify problem areas, document resolutions, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of support and to prevent future problems.
- Oversee the development of support services staff training procedures and policies.
- Work with the Network Architect to ensure the continued delivery of IT applications and systems to staff and customers, exploring and developing the use of new technologies to increase efficiencies and productivity company-wide.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Ensure appropriate training initiatives for new and existing staff, ensuring all support documentation is kept current and up to date.
- Recommend and implement appropriate tools for IT support, systems monitoring, and day-to-day IT management reports.
- Manage the overall services activities and staff.
- Ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues for all Cineflix offices by effective management of the processing of incoming calls to the Support Services via telephone, e-mail and in person.
- Develop and maintain IT support request and escalation policies and procedures.
- Track and analyze trends in Help Services requests and generate statistical reports.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
- Train, coach and mentor IT Coordinators and other junior staff. Conduct annual performance discussions.
- Work with Network Architect to produce Runtime books on current and future IT systems at Cineflix.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Apple servers, Operating Systems, and other Apple equipment, such as Macbooks, iPhones, iPads, and others.
- Some knowledge of Windows Operating systems, networking, and VMWare virtualization.
- Extensive application support experience with Helpdesk systems, such as Zendesk.
- Familiarity with the advanced principles of ITIL, and helpdesk procedures.
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Support Services deliverables.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
- Take initiative and lead support team of up 10 people.
- Ability to multi-task and direct multiple projects at one time.
- Can meet deadlines and goals in a fast paced business environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Display strong leadership skills.
- Ability to travel when necessary.