CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,078 reviews matching the search
I know I would be a compasionate, determed counselor to help those who are looking for a healthy way of life.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMarch 19, 2016
My review is towards Hope Acres. I started the day by going to church with the other counselors and all clients, this was very enlightening for my myself as I watch the clients engage in the topic of conversation, no matter what the discussion entailed.
We then went to group session for check in, where all clients shared how they were feeling that day, if was necessary to discuss certain situations immediately so the group could share.
We then when would continue with one to one counselling.
The clients would then have activity

I learned the fear that those suffering were not only fearful of the safe bubble they were in but what they would experience when heading out to the real world. This is why giving them the tools to live a healthy life style were vital.

The Management was amazing and in control at all times,. with this said, they were respected for the job the job they did at all times as the clients new these were

My coworkers were amazing, they taught me a lot.

One of the hardest parts of the job was refusing clients their outside visits, at times their agenda did not fit into to their success of sobriety, but as their sobriety was the goal, little things that were harmful to this had to be set aside.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching these men graduate with the knowing that they could not return to the life style they arrived here from.
Pros
Just being there to help, doing whatever i can to help some one know they can live a happier life.
Cons
The clients who cannot see a healthy future evn after completing our six month program
Wonderful Experience
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
Working for CIBC has been a wonderful experience. With challenging work, supportive management, enthusiastic colleagues, and a myriad of personal development opportunities, one cannot help but enjoy coming into work in the morning.
Fun to work with but not a Career solution.
(Teller)(CSR) (Current Employee) –  9903 - 82nd aveMarch 16, 2016
Love the job, meeting clients who come in on a regular basis. Thats the best part of the job, talking with clients and building relationship.
Pros
Sometimes work is extremely dead.
Cons
Advancement is really hard.
Fun place to work until restructuring.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMarch 15, 2016
Good place to work with good benefits but restructuring in process leading to job eliminations. Enjoyed meeting clients and assisting all team members. Difficult to adhere to job description duties only.
Pros
Fun place to work had a great team.
Cons
sometimes extra hours worked
Good Place to work for!!
TEST ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Hard to get into the organization. Reference plays a major role. But it is really a good place to work, with good balance between work and life.
Fun Crdial Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2016
I come in greet and engage my colleagues, if there are any follow up calls to clients I need to make from the day before I do so, get ready to process client requests while trying to find products that we have that might be beneficial to the client of help save them money if they are using a product (eg a particular bank account) that's is not beneficial to them.
Pros
short work hours, vague communication in terms of advancement
Cons
great place to work, great training, great work environment
Great benefits, poor job security
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSMarch 12, 2016
Great benefits / treated very well when doing well, nothing but a number to get rid of later. Little chance for advancement.
Pros
Short hours for decent salary, good benefits
Cons
Stressful work.
Great organization
Senior IT Consultant / PM-BA (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 12, 2016
Great organization, Great management, Great team, Great professionals, Great achievements, very busy and productive working days, very supportive, collaborative, great team chemistry.
Productive and a very good working atmosphere to work
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
There is a lot of work to be done with timelines to complete them. Need to multitask and work as a team as well as an independent worker.
Pros
Lots of social activities to build the team spirit
Cons
At times the job is very demanding
Busy, hectic workplace sales oriented
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 10, 2016
Business ambient, 100% sales target oriented. Must achieve minimum weekly targets. Cold calling is a must.
Constant review of achieved targets-sales target pressure is constant.
Pros
strong company-good beenfits
Great working envirnment
Accounts Receivable / Third Party Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
Fast paced and professional environment with constant learning opportunities. All the places I have worked for are very good and gives room for personal growth and development
CIBC has allowed me to gain the knowledge I need to move forward in my career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 9, 2016
I am responsible for ensuring customers have an exceptional experience dealing with CIBC by engaging with clients and demonstrating the fact that their business is highly valued.  I assist clients with day to day transactions, and extend their relationship with CIBC by identifying gaps in their financial needs.
Excellent place to work
Manager of Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Coronach, SKMarch 8, 2016
Yes i can say that i really loved to work with my colleagues. Very good organization to start with. Success and progression in CIBC is depends on how you are working.
Pros
good working environment, great company
Cons
Don't have anything.
great right out of high school. That's about it.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
Pay is not great and they keep you at part time hours for as long as they can. You feel stifled and when you present your qualifications that apply to the job, they ignore them.
Pros
I had a sweet manager
Cons
under pay
Cibc
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 4, 2016
Very good salary, bonuses, and benefits.
Scheduling was a bit harsh, and the location was poor unless you use public transportation. Parking is expensive, and they do not offer free employee parking of any kind.
Sales targets were pretty intense.
Pros
Salary, Bonus, Benefits
Cons
Schedule Hours, Parking
Employee and client focused company
District Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater NiagaraMarch 3, 2016
Typical day at work:

1. Coaching is the key to success of the organization as well as the main driver to employee and client acquisition and retention. A big part on the calendar of the typical day is coaching.
2. Reviewing and analyzing reports to identify areas of focus, wether Productivity, Net Investments Growth, Credit or Revenue. Align and design new strategies to achieve favourable outcomes.
3.Connect with Partners, study LOB's strategic plan and review performance and come up with action plans to address areas of opportunities.

People and performance management.. Leading Branch managers to success by ensuring expectations are communicated clearly, consistent and followed up on weekly. Recognize small wins to drive momentum and sense of progress to the success.

Hardest part of the job is having those difficult conversations that may also include terminations but they are must haves.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing individuals on the team succeed and grow in their career.
Pros
Great teams
Cons
nil
Great Start
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2016
Very good organization to start with. Success and progression in CIBC is dependent on social circles that you form within the company. If they like you, they will promote you.
it was stressful but at the same time fun envirnment
Financial Service Representative -Contact Center (Former Employee) –  5650 Yonge street, TorontoMarch 1, 2016
Worked for CIBC since 2003 in the Contact Centre. I saw a lot of changes. All systems were updated digitally. First team to bring in On-Line Banking. Lots of Training and encouragement.Very good Management and colleagues, very helpful though under a lot of pressure as it was 24/7 environment. In-house trainiing was the best.
Anyone looking for a job should apply at CIBC's Toronto Contact centre. Excellent training, experience and incentives.
I miss it.
Overall Experience
Manager of Analytics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
CIBC is a great place to work with an overall positive atmosphere and intelligent, friendly co-workers. Salary can be competitive depending on what department of the bank you work in and depending on the type of mentor/mentee relationship you have.
Pros
Positive Atmosphere
Cibc
Vendor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at work includes setting up a new new vendor profile, analyzes additions or changes, calling vendors.

What I have learned while working at CIBC: I have learned a lot from being an Accounts Payable Specialist and Vendor Specialist. I also assist in special projects such as User Acceptance Testing.

I get along with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is doing a research/investigation on vendors.

The most enjoyable part of a job is working for a company that has my fit. My attitude is to be proactive and initiative.