CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Committed to doing business at the highest standards of ethics and governance
Manager, Office Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Very impressive corporate social responsibility program.
Cons: No Cons.
A typical day was always unique, fun and challenging.
The most rewarding part of the job was being part of a dynamic team and working on many of the CSR committees that they endorse.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
i have enjoyed my time at CIBC, but now i want to grow.

it is great place to get training in financial services. management is making a difference.

advancements are tough to come by.
Challenging and Exciting Opportunity
Summer Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: engaging workplace and ambitious culture
630 AM Start
Sit through the morning meeting at 7am-8am to prepare for the market open at 930AM.

Most time spent at the desk fulfilling various tasks assigned by the analyst and senior associate to add value to their coverage. Would often be in the office beyond 630 in the evening and came in on the occasional weekend.
Learned a lot
Senior Technical Analyst (Full-time) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Gained a lot experience it further my skills in desktop support. Great peer group which helped in daily tasks. Enjoyed working with clients/users who welcomed my services. Hardest part was leaving the job do restructuring.
volenteered
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 17, 2015
I was a teller at CIBC, I cashed cheques, deposited large amounts of cash and referred products to meet customers needs. I did a lot of volunteering for companies CIBC wished to support. This included running bake sales, creating signage and getting employees involved.
Good working environment
Technical Field Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Working with CIBC is very good experience in my IT field. I am learning new things here and its very good and large company to work with.
productive work place fun place to work
Trade Settlement Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, OntMarch 16, 2015
Pros: to work with good people
Cons: long hours
Settling switches & reporting errors.Getting along well
co-workers. & management staff. Learning to deal with
many different kinds of people.
Work in progress
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: security.
Cons: workers sometimes get treated as cogs.
CIBC has been an interesting and challenging culture to work in. I have worked with several different stakeholders in various lines of business which have ranged from progressive to old school to out and out cowboys.
Good team work,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: standing for very long periods of time
I have gained more experience in customer service and organizational skills. I had a big varieties of problem solving situations, which I had handled successfully.
Interesting and productive.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
CIBC is a great bank to work for. I highly enjoy working as a team and helping customers. A typical day at work for me is answering phone calls, delivering mail, receiving and sending out courier packages, ensuring the office is clean and stocked with all supplies. I also help with administrative work for our Senior Directors. It keeps me busy which is what I like.
good working atmosphere but programs are not up to date which makes day to day tasks more difficult than they shoudl be
Credit specialist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: work atmosphere
Cons: no benefits for contracts
review credit bureau reports for credit card applications and accept or decline adequate credit limits.
Helped clients to resolve dispute with merchants by reviewing the terms and conditions of the merchant to conclude if the client is eligible to a chargeback (refund).
co workers were very nice and professional the general atmosphere was positive
Hardest part: repetitiveness
Most enjoyable part of the job: find a solution to clients with disputes with merchants
Good while it lasted.
Head Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: dealt with some amazing clients
Loved working at my first branch. Loved everything about it especially my regular clients. Was a great place to work at even on the bad days. Then I came back from maternity leave to a go to a new branch. Requirements to do and say things to clients were through the roof and were meticulously monitored, ie. if you weren't smiling for a mere moment you would be written up. The changes in the company were the few reasons why I choose to leave the company. I wouldn't want my children working there in the future.
Fun work place where everyone is on the same team
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 10, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and sales incentives
Cons: some shifts are in the evenings
A typical work day involves going over emails to stay up to date on new promotions and procedures. Then I would be on calls for the remainder of the shift. We also had meetings two to four times a week.
I learned very strong sales skills, and how to provide exceptional needs based selling.
The management at CIBC is phenomenal. They are very friendly and ready to go above and beyond for any employee.
The toughest part of the job was learning all the procedures.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers on a daily basis.
The staff was allows encourage to promote celebrate achievements
Personal Morgage Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Pros: staff
Cons: location
I had a portfolio that was updated monthly with clients to contact.
I learned to time manage and that customer service help make you achieve your goals
The management team was the pillar of our success
Co-workers that became more like family and always assisting in any way to help scenarios
The most enjoyable part was meeting new clients over the phone eveyday.
Productive, fast-paced environment and working with great people.
Coordinator - Business Management (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 6, 2015
Pros: freedom and trust from management and employees to get things done well and on time
Cons: lack of support and feedback from managing director
A typical day at work consisted of human resources duties, assisting Portfolio Mangers in the preparation of complex reporting, assisting the Client Servicing department as well as Compliance in organizing all legal documents, aiding all employees with any and all administrative/human resources issues.

I learned to organize efficiently, work with complex calculations and reporting, manage soft dollars and work closely with all heads of departments on tasks specific to their daily work reality.

The majority of my co-workers were fun to work with and we developed a great working relationship. According the them (because I asked), I am a problem solver and am always willing to help and work with them on all issues. If I did not know the answer to a question, I would get informed on the subject and get back to them.

The hardest part of my job was making sure all employees were onboard with management decisions and performing yearly tasks in the time allotted to them.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping employees in tasks involving human resources. I also really enjoyed working with different softwares and running complex reports.
Senior Manger, Process Engineering (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2015
CIBC was a great experience for me. Customer centric and staff oriented. Work life balance is key to the success of the organization
CANADIAN EXPERIENCE
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee), Maple, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: salary with commission
Cons: lack of branch enviornment
I greatly appreciate the confidence and training provided to me by CIBC, Due to my studies I could not continue my job in the bank. But I would love to work there again. The atmosphere was very cordial and friendly. Training standards for high. Good diversified culture with open opportunities for every one.
Wayy underpaid
Senior Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2015
One of easiest bank to get in. Due to lower salary compare to other FI. CIBC turn over ratio is much higher.

Management is okay some managers have good sales skills but no managerial skills.
Progressive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 3, 2015
Dealing with customer requests, problems, turning a problem into a solution or possible sale. I learned a lot working for CIBC, and met a lot of great people along the way.
The team I manage is great and the culture we have build is definitely the best
Manager, Credit Card Services (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioMarch 1, 2015
The department where I work, all team members are genuine, positive and know how to have fun and get work done at the same time.
It's a fast pace environment where changes can happen where updates given an hour ago can change with no prior notice.
The workplace stimulate good challenges and help people build capabilities.
Headquarters