CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winfield, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: meet new clients and learn new things everyday
Cons: grumpy customers
awesome all I all fun to work with new people and meet new clients and produce friends that come in on a regular basics. management was awesome and co-workers were awesome too.
It is good place to work
Mortgage Processing Officer (Current Employee), ToronotFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: sometimes we get breakfast and lunch.
Cons: as contract worker for5 years through manpower agent, still waiting for the opporunity to becom fulltime
Sometimes it is heavy volume so prepared to stay and complete, also there is sometimes processing issue - the application in not good order so it has to be declined unless otherwise it cleared by phone or email.
via resume
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), toronto,ontFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation
Cons: none to list
-deliver exceptional customer experience to network of clientele
-maintained ongoing positive attitude within the workplace
-overall positive work experience throughout the company
-promoting and maintaining team work in order to achieve success
Nice place to work - Diversity at its height
Information Security Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: career growth
I love working at CIBC but I believe its time to move. It has been more than 2 and a half years now and I need a career jump that I cannot see here in near future.
The job is good for fresh graduate with no prior experience in Finance field
Senior Fund Accountant, Investment Fund Services (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
The job itself is not hard. You can learn some good stuff about mutual funds. People there are quite young and energetic. The working hour is not good
Good place for learning
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), 750 lawrence Ave torontoJanuary 27, 2015
Customer Service Rep
Contractual job - no benefits, management is good, loads and tons of learning
Nice work culture
Advisory Application Developer (Current Employee), 130 Adelaide Road, ToronotJanuary 27, 2015
• Designed and developed many ETL solutions for enriching and applying business rules and loading the data from many raw feeds into the functional Data warehouse.
• In parallel to new feed development, involved in production support work for the existing feeds
• Migrated the mappings/workflows from development to UAT and PROD. environment.
• Working on the Migration of Informatica 7.1 to Informatica 9
• Improved the performance of the mappings and SQL queries
• Developed Autosys scripts to schedule and execute the application
I enjoyed the variety of my workday
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day included:
- offering investment advice to clients
- providing mortgage and loan solutions
Fun Workplace with alot of challenge
Agent Prevention de la fraude (Current Employee), MontrealJanuary 19, 2015
Unfortunately my job does not allow to describe what we do in details but, a fraud prevention agent is essientialy there to respond to clients that have identified possible fraud on their credit card statements or to help clients that have been blocked by our systems.
wonderful workplace that offers a wide variety of opportunities for improving your knowledge and skills
Contractor (Former Employee), 199 Bay street, CCW - Toronto, OntarioJanuary 19, 2015
Good working place
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2015
The working place is good. I learned many things. Management level was very good. Co-workers were very helpful.Did not find any hardest part in job. everyone was very cooperative and friendly.
My work summary and duties
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), vaughanJanuary 12, 2015
In a typical day I would check my calendar in the morning and work based on things to do. Things to do would include, meet clients for financial analysis or needs, make calls to book more appointments for following week, helped our tellers in times of need, such as long line ups. Manage branch in the absence of management, follow up and complete mortgage applications that need it completion and ensure it was approved and documents were completed as per guidelines. Ensured general administration tasks were completed. Greeted and served clients with polite and very friendly manager.
Good place to gain experience
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: highly organized
Cons: constantly changing environment
Good people and management
Good co-workers
Timings vary depending upon the department
High paced financial institution with emphasis on speed and accuracy
Customers Service representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great locations, great management co-workers constant chance to grow and learn, great client case
Cons: varying hrs, constant new information, low salary for amount of work/level of accuracy required
 Processing transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, bill payments, certifying checks, processing money orders and drafts, and international wire transfers
 Cash handling and balancing thousands of dollars a day
 Observing opportunities to better serve clients such as suggesting new investments opportunities or ways to better balance portfolios increasing client loyalty and satisfaction
 Receiving daily product and regulatory updates to better serve and inform clients
 Insuring the authenticity of documents and cash deposits through internal procedures.
 Verifying clients identities through id signatures and proper questions to protect both Cibc and their client assets from fraud
Geniuses
Accounts Officer (Former Employee), 155 Britannia streetJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Every single person that I worked there was very hard working and on top of that has unique expertise and look like that it is a home of geniuses.
Good experience
Senor Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), MississaugaJanuary 4, 2015
Good company
Hires new immigrants
Typical day is very busy. Late evenings
Management is proactive
Co-workers are great
Targets are tough but achievable
Helping clients is the most enjoyable part
Great place to work and even better people to work with
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, OnJanuary 4, 2015
CIBC is has a great working culture and the team of people you work with have always been approchable and easy to work with. The focus for CIBC has been always on the client and likewise management has done all that they can to ensure that the employees are treated well.
Quality Control Administrator
Central Control Unit Administrator (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: benefits, vacation structure
Cons: parking rates high, work/home balance difficult
Deadline driven team! High risk functions run through our team. Definitely a team environment but need to be able to work on your own. A support team to other departments in our company. Rely heavily on several departments within the Company, as well as, outside vendor's in order to be able to complete our daily tasks. Fast pace, ever changing environment. High work volumes. Client service orientated.

Many levels of Team Leaders, Supervisors and Management structure. Report directly to Team Leader/Supervisors. Many high level decisions must be approved by Management.

Hardest part of the job is not having the appropriate tools/applications function/updated properly in order to do our job effectively and in a timely fashion. Hopefully resolved sooner, rather than later.

I like the training aspect, always learning and developing current and new skills, customer service, and being busy all the time.
productive and knowledge learning areas.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), BurlingtonDecember 26, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: slow progressive career
the company is amazing as it is a big name to work with .Tons of experience gaining time.Management is Proactive.
just so-so
INTERMEDIATE ANALYST, DERIVATIVES (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2014
People work absolutely crazy here- I think most of us work avg of 12 hours during the month-ends, sometimes we worked 15hrs easily... I don't know how other people are pulling off these hours, but it's insane sometimes.

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more