CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

Good Place to work and deal with amazing people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manotick, ONOctober 1, 2015
Typical day at work included helping clients with day to day banking transactions and help with any of the clients questions or concerns.
I enjoyed working with the staff at the branch location with the support and learning from them.
Good working culture
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
The working culture is good, especially for your first job after university. The learning curve is steep but short. The working hours can be long esp during year end and financials. It is a good stepping stone, but one must move on after they get promoted.
Cons
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative. (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, OnSeptember 29, 2015
CIBC is a enjoyable place to work. I was at a retail branch level and I enjoyed working with all different types of personalities within CIBC and the clientele.

My primary function at CIBC was to process customer transactions for personal and business banking as requested by the customer. While upholding industry standards, ensuring complete understanding when overriding and authorizing any transactions.

Business development via identifying client needs and referring customers to appropriate team members.

Performing daily opening and closing procedures as required.

Learning about financial products and policies. Responsible for maintaining appropriate cash levels for safety and security of the brach.

My position was fairly easy for me as I enjoy working with all types of personalities. I think its a really good way to learn about your own tolerances. My co-workers were pleasant, easy to work with.
Cognos Reports Developer (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 25, 2015
Good place to work and learn but not that great, in terms of project management, work escalation and delegation. They expect contractor to do everything without considering the system constraints and limitations.
Great Place to Work.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Excellent Place to Work. Very Friendly Environment. Nobody is boss. Just finish your task with responsibility. Provides opportunity to grow.
Productive and good working environment
Senior Application Analyst (SME) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Beginning of the week, especially Mondays would be talking to clients and getting their expectations for the rest of the week. Coordinating the expectations to the team. Providing status to clients and upper management on pending items. Rest of the week would be in delivering the expected, communicating the status to all stakeholders on day to day basis, answering emails and calls . Managing base projects, intakes by following all the processes. Handled production support and implementation activities. Enjoyed resolving issues individually and/or with the team to find the root cause. My role extensively involved in providing SME support to other team members.
productive work place
CSR - Customer Service Contact Centre (Former Employee) –  toronto, ON.September 21, 2015
my over all experience at CIBC was a pleasant one. I've learned alot of different banking terms as well as new applictions for banking. My management team was hard to work with as communication was hard. The majority of my co-workers were a pleasure to work with i've made a few good friends.
Fraud Detection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONSeptember 21, 2015
A nice company to work for with good benefits and a lot of opportunities for growth as a professional. Supportive management and great co-workers enhance the employee experience. The job responsibilities and workload are reasonable.
Fast paced development and hosting remote and local meetings.
DBA/Database developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2015
A continuously evolving and fast paced environment with cutting edge technology, while hosting remote and local meetings with engineering peers and managers.
Pros
controlled environment
Cons
security layers within project rollouts.
Confortable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioSeptember 19, 2015
Great experience with good people. Work place environment is supportive. Typical day at work, take calls and service clients. Hardest part about the job is looking at my paycheck every two weeks. The pay is not enough.
Great managers, excellent opportunities for advancement and helpful in encouraging employees to advance.
Financial Skills (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 19, 2015
I fully enjoyed working as a teller at CIBC. The only reason I left is because of the strike and the length of that strike required me to have to find another job, otherwise I would have gladly stayed with CIBC
Pros
great mangers, nice lunch room, fun and friendly environment to work in.
Cons
none.
Fast pace environment, fun and rewarding
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Typical day at work will be starting off with a team huddle discussing what we have accomplish from the previous day with our sales,leads and projections. What I have learned with my current role is to be patient, relentless and always putting our clients needs first.

I have the best co-works where we motivate each other and learn from each other, help our co-works when they need help in a particular procedure. The hardest part of this job is continuous talking on the phones, but the most rewarding part of this job is having the feeling's of satisfaction of helping our clients with their requests and giving them the best advise about current their finances.
Fun place to work to and everyone is really helpful when you need help
Customers Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 16, 2015
CIBC is a really fun place to work at.
Management is always their when you need help.
Management is their to help you grow in the role and to help if you would like to move up into another position.
Their are good amount of politics that we have to uphold, but with a company like CIBC that is to be expected.
Pros
Great people to work with
good benefits
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
benefits are decent at cibc. very comparable to the big 5, discounts are somewhat better than other FI's. hours of business are being extended, but thats to keep up with competitors. system could use updating though
good experience
Conseiller financier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 15, 2015
i received very good experience to better help me with other jobs.
it helped me more with my skills of customer service.
it was a very good company but when they ask you to perform to get a better pay and you do perform and the promise was never met, than you look for other options.
good
Sr. Test Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Excellent Management and Good Company to work. Fun work place with supportive management. This is a very good company.
Good team, poor pay
Fund Accountant - Global Fund Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Working through systematic process everyday to create the daily NAV. No diffculty after a few month. Co-worker great. The best part of the this job is the flexbility!
Pros
The people
Cons
Low pay
Great People and Great Place to work
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Training is done very well and ample amour of time provided to get comfortable with new work-tasks.

Supportive management and fun colleagues to work with.
Pros
Leave work on time.
Fun place, excellent training
Financial Service Representative (FT) (Current Employee) –  ReginaSeptember 13, 2015
learned about the banking and products, how to engage client and client service, multitasking, helping the client with all their banking needs
Pros
games
Cons
extensive phone calls
Productive and fast-paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 10, 2015
There is no typical day at work because everyday offers a new challenge with the ability to reach out to new and existing clients.

The management team is supportive with helping you achieve your professional goals by providing professional development training.

Something I have learnt about the financial sector is that everything is driven by sales, based on what is going to be best for the clients needs. Banking is for the salesman oriented, not the customer service provider.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making long lasting relationships with colleagues and clients.
Pros
Benefits, three weeks paid vacation
Cons
Extended hours at most branches