CIBC Employee Reviews

Days were very productive.
Maintenance & Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2017
I really enjoyed my time with CIBC. Managemnt was awesome and always had time to listen to new ideas. We learned and adhered to products and procedures daily and always made our clients to come first. We had daily huddles to see if people needed to help others to obtain our deadlines and I had always enjoyed helping others and training other people to make them understand.
Pros
They always made ways to make your day go well and we always had pot lucks.
Cons
Technology updates took time
Good people, horrible company
Fraud Response Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
- Repetitive work that is mind numbing, no actual thinking going on
- People at work are great and very friendly, and willing to help
- Management seems to micro-manage, tries to help but often does not know what the employee has to go through
- Very small room for advancement unless you yourself look for open positions
- Horrible pay, especially in comparison to other companies in similar roles
- The health benefits are decent
- Strange hours, often cannot be changed
- Hard to switch vacation time
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Strange hours, low pay
Flexible workplace, fun to work
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2017
Good place to work, especially if you work mobile. You have your own time. Enjoyable work with team. Work with different cultures. Management is awesome.
Good but to a certain extent
Customer solutions manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2017
CIBC is a great bank to work in, to learn a lot of processes and to advance.

However, salary wise, it is not as competitive as the other top 2 banks like TD and RBC. Bonuses are always promised but we never get what we are entitled to.

Work is extremely demanding and appreciation is given only by words, that alone, do not translate to any concrete change in the current position specially in financial terms.

Management is subject to a lot of up and downs, one department could be subject to better managers than others, there are no standards and it kind of feels everything is left on luck, whether you get a good manager or not, because a lot of them you will start to wonder why are they at their position in the first place..
Pros
advancement, processes, experience, cases
Cons
salary, management decisions, bonuses
Amazing position
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
love the job and people i work with. Excited about potential growth within the company. Leadership team is fantastic and very openminded towards the front line team.
Highly Recommended!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 October 2017
Great place to work! Tons of room for advancement with great, supportive management. Always nice building relationships with clients. Benefits, flexibility, great work/life balance.
Depending on which department good people working there.
CIBC (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Good place to get a good start, stepping stone for better things. Depending on which department good people working there and will make contacts. Just keep it professional.
Pros
good people working there
Cons
a great boss can make all the difference
I was a teller at the CIBC branch in Edmonton. I had the most amazing branch manager so working there was just great.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2017
I was with CIBC as a teller. the environment was past faced and back in those days when things were just beginning to go online branches were always busy. So I learnt to work in a fast paced environment and to achieve goals.
it was a great learning experience.
Great CEO
Signing Authorities Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2017
Its typically a busy day from beginning to end. I have learned alot about corporate banking. Management is supportive and provides feedback when necessary. The hardest part of the job are the hours of work varies week to week. The enjoyable part of the job is collaboration among the team.
Worst place
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 October 2017
wasn't comfortable at the corporate environment. my worst experience out of all. The staff weren't friendly and the pay wasn't worth the stress. There is not much options for advancement unless you want to become an advisor.
Pros
easy to get full time
Cons
stressful and poor pay
Nice staff. Good morale.
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 October 2017
Working with Realtors, Builders, Branch staff etc to obtain new mortgage clients.
I learned a new computer program used to submit mortgage applications.
Management was very supportive.
Mortgage Specialists worked from home with some access to branch office space.
100% commission could prove to be challenging if you did not budget properly or if there was a lull in the market.
CIBC's computer systems were somewhat dated .
Enjoyed the customer contact and helping clients realize their dreams.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Computer system
Awesome bank to work for
Small Business Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2017
great place to work, great work environment, people, benefits. The ability to grow and use your skills and knowledge is awesome. The vision of CIBC's CEO is great-which supports the employee's end goal of success.
OK place to work
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 October 2017
our office is clique, mgmt not here to help you
there is no flow for employment growth, nothing to aid you to learn - courses are very expensive and only refunded on successful completion
Pros
some free lunches...
Cons
mgmt not helpful
culture
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  downtown18 October 2017
The workplace culture could improve. Lots of things could improve. Have not spent much time here. Lots of politics. Lots of mistrust. It is good because it is easy.
Pros
easy
Cons
too easy
good place
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
shift work. 5pm to 1am. tough sales targets. no individual workstations. good learning and support. good benefits. good location. good people and team supervisor.
Very good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2017
I learned quickly that being in customer service required patience clear communication, and positive language and gain an ability to read customers. Busy environment.
Positive Workplace Culture
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2017
Gained immense experience over the years. Worked with many wonderful management colleagues . Worked in various capacities and various locations. Overall a fun place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Structured Hours
4-Month Cubicle Jockey
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2017
I was hired for a 4-month contract by CIBC Market Data Services to assist with their transition to a newer Windows platform and to assist with QA/Application Testing of their trading software. Unfortunately due to a lack of work and/or delays in the project inhibiting me to do my work I found myself requesting and being given very infrequent scripting, protocol analysis, and data collection work with frequent stints of idle time.
Pros
Salary, Great Co-Workers and Interns
Cons
Lack of Work, Stale Corporate Culture
good place to get experience
Senior Investigations Officer - HPP Advancing (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 October 2017
learned thorough info regarding mortgages
no micromanaging
positive workplace
work is repetitive
ability to use your judgement
shift accommodation without issue
low pay
Pros
no micromanaging
Cons
low pay, few opportunities for advancement
fun workplace, excellent group work, understanding and cheerful!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
I worked under contract so just worked for four months, but is was fun working at CIBC and i learned a lot. Managers were fun to work with and they were really understanding and polite, everyone worked as a group and helped each other out when help was needed.