CIBC Employee Reviews

general comments
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 September 2017
A typical day, ensuring staff and clients are happy -Client Satisfaction
Branch managers learning course which included customer satisfaction, how to attend to various staff behaviours, from staff that need improvement to those that excel
Keeping a healthy workplace
The hardest part of the job is dealing with those that have behavioural issues/attitudes and bring down the morale in the workplace
most enjoyable is those that are willing to make a difference, making a difference with clients is another better part of the job
Pros
extra learning and luncheons
Cons
daily tracking
Good environment, advancement program
Financial Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ON19 September 2017
Good benefits, good training, love getting to know and helping families reach thier financial goals, good team work environment ,cons. pay doesn't meet stress and expectations for job, sales pressure, workload too much for one person,
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Sales expectations.
Amazing place to work
Global Regulatory Affairs and Risk Control (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
Constantly challenging me to keep pushing my limits. Working at CIBC was a challenge at first (not being from a purely accounting/financial background). However, adapting and playing into my organizational strengths allowed me to thrive in a regulatory environment dealing with regulators, and various guidelines.
A typical day at work
Senior Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  55 yonge street18 September 2017
A typical day at work is extremely hectic but challenging. I would aatleast have one negotiation call scheduled in which case i would prepare for it for a couple of hours. In addition i also support queries from category managers so that is definitely a plus as it gives me an insight into the different issues. The hardest part is to try to put everything together in 7.5 hours.
great place
Programme Coordinator/ (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
Amazing place! very fair, very supportive, management is great. CIBC has a great work life balance. people are very friendly and if you want a job with great work life balance please go for it
Great Place to Work
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
I loved every minute of it. I worked for CIBC for 8 years and I miss working there very much. The only reason I left my position is due to the 4 hour commute.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long commute
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
Overall a good place to work as I was able to interact with others and was give significant responsibilty during my short time there. Was on contract, so cannot speak to job security of the salary/benefits of full time staff.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Some long hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2017
people are very friendly great work place to work , enjoy working if had less sales target , but overall its one of the best place to work great staff , great benefits , plus quarterly incentive and many more perks .
Pros
enjoy incentive and perks
Cons
lots of OT availablw
Good working place focused on results
Incident Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
Day to day operations are very fast paced. This makes for a great learning opportunity which I have taken advantage of to push my limits, pick up skills such as people and resource management and improve my personal interactions.
Pros
Good benefits, suitable locations
Cons
Limited work from home opportunities
Amazing Organization
Senior Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
I loved working at CIBC. I grew up there, with my first job when i was in university. The culture is great, lots of room to learn, and grow, and opportunities to challenge yourself and advance your career.
cibc eduacative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
cibc allows you to learn and expand your mind no matter what department , good clean environment - educative and motivating to do better and be better . Good for a young person to be around in that environment.
Engaging environment requiring a lot of work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2017
Meeting with clients and learning about their financial goal requiring one to adapt and find solutions to their problems.

Cold calling for appointments as well as dealing with walk ins and attempting to solve the clients problems.

Daily management mentoring and coaching on approaching clients and how to reveal a need and a solution.

Learning the fundamentals of the financial world involving investments, credit and mortgages.

Fun work environment with engaging individuals.
No complaints
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
Great work environment, everyone is super friendly. The hardest part of the job is learning the computer software, but it just takes time to get use to.
Bad Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON13 September 2017
People are only a number, they dont care about anybody, all they care about is selling product and making money for them selves.

You work your butt off to help the clients which is the proper thing to do and you get reprimanded. You get no recongnition for you efforts and other staff that make mistakes all the time and call in sick all the time get to keep their jobs
Pros
no weekends
Cons
no guidance
Productive and Fun work environment
Project Control Officer (PCO) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
My time at CIBC was very fun and I learned a lot. I learned a lot about financials this time and it was very interesting. The work culture and environment was very friendly and fun
Unrealistic Demands/Poor Managerment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 September 2017
You are only valued and measured as an asset on your most recent sale and ranking. Management is more concerned with trying to grow at all costs and not welfare of staff.
A Company that cares about their employees.
Computer Operator II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Working with CIBC Mellon was an experience that I would like to see working with other companies. My typical days at the office were most enjoyable, especially with the duties I was assigned with, and the people I worked with. It was awesome working with my supervisors and managers as they were pleasant to get along with. It was unfortunate that the department was outsourced to another company. I have learned a great deal of experience not related to my job by dealing and working with other people on the team. I miss working with my former team and the company.
Good workplace, excellent culture
Contract Sales/Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON11 September 2017
CIBC Wood Gundy is an excellent place to work. My co-workers and managers are great with providing assistance to ensure my time on the job goes smoothly!
Good place to work with to gain experience
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 September 2017
Internal systems need to be more employee friendly for a better client experience output. High focus on technology and innovation by the Bank management.
Cons
Not a great pay master
A great place to work.
INTAKE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2017
The culture is amazing and it is a fun team to work with. This is a growing team where there are a lot of opportunities. Have a foosball table and social events.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.