CIBC

CIBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to Work
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 27, 2013
Pros: interaction with people
Cons: stiff targets
• Provide service to new and existing clients by identifying their needs through the optimum utilization of the banks financial tools
• Plan business activities to meet weekly sales, service and referral targets for personal and small business clients.
• Responsible for initiating phone calls to book appointments with clients to discuss their needs – more... and to offer financial solutions
• Responsible for correctly recording and verifying clients’ personal and financial information, ensuring all documentation is completed in accordance with CIBC policies and procedures.
• Assisting Customer service Representative to service clients day to day banking during rush hours – less
Commercial Account Manager
Manager Commercial Banking (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2013
Pros: freedom to work
Morning
- Review of current account position of existing clients
- Review macroeconomic data, research client industries
- Review facilities of clients and identify cross sell opportunities
- Review credit facilties, borrowing base and monthly & quarterly reporting
- Review and discuss cash management and deposit facilities.

Afternoon
- Identify & – more... contact prospects
- Contact COI, referral sources
- Conduct client site visits, review business proposals
- Credit writing
- Discuss proposal with Risk Managment

Evening
- Business development activities
- Site visits
- COI meetings – less
Great Company to work for
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2013
CIBC is a great company to work for, l'm happy to be part of its employees.
Quite a nice place to work
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee), Regina, SKAugust 23, 2013
Pros: fun activities
Cons: late shift schedule
Very engaging
Learned to be quick an reactive and effective questioning
Management is fairly good
Co-workers are great
Getting customer convinced
empty promises
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONAugust 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches
I was hired to cover a 6 month paternity leave with the promise of a possible permanent position. It has now come to an end and there are no positions available for me to move into. Training was lacking - this is my first experience working in a bank and I was expected by my manager to know everything on the second day (not exaggerating). As this was – more... not a permanent position I was not eligible for benefits. I had to leave my second job to cover holidays (which I felt comfortable to do with the promise of a permanent position opening up) and am now left high and dry. I did receive a minor raise in my last month. I got along with my co-workers and will miss them. Overall I am leaving feeling sorely disappointed. – less
Productive and Good environment
Senior Consultant in Oracle and Informatica (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2013
Challenging work and excellent support from co-workers and management
The work was not challenge
SQL Developer / DBA (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2013
The work over there was not challenge. Most of my work over there were related to coding and restoring old databases.
Productive place
Back up Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2013
Good place to work on.and good policy and staff member to work with, learned a lot from training and practice during work, along with other staff members. learned a lot about banking products ( sales and service ).
Educating
Asisstant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2013
Was hired as a teller and with hard work and coaching learned to lead to management
A great place to work
Mortgage Processing Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
It is a great place to work. Working hours are flexible to a certain extend. Paying attention to details without losing concentration is very important for my role. Productivity is important keeping errors to zero level. management is really supportive.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP/BRANCH AMBASDOR
Customer Service Representative/Branch Ambassador (Current Employee), 1550 UPPER JAMES RD HAMILTON,ONAugust 14, 2013
Working for CIBC is great. You Get to meet new new people everyday and your regular clients that become like family members. My co-workers are great and we are very close. I have learned to help our clients with their financial needs and assist them with products that would help aid their finances better to achieve their goals. The hardest part of my – more... job is when I can't help someone due to personal circimstances the may have or even due to our our polices when you know they really need your help that's really hard. I enjoy the customer relations. – less
do not apply
Financial Services Representative, Barrie (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 13, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Management at all levels allows bullying and intimidation to occur daily. Your day will be telemarketing and dealing with jr grade school mentalities. Dont bother reporting anything or you get in trouble. I even saw one guy fired after bringing sexual harassment to the attention of upper management. If you chose to apply and get the job, dont take your – more... coat off as you will not stay too long for the pay they give you and the work they demand. – less
Fun perks,
Administrative Assistant Finance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2013
Steady fast pace day with fun and energetic group of co-workers.
Positions enabled me to work worldwide
Deputy Senior Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2013
Pros: met some great people worldwide
Cons: away from home a lot
Great position and enjoyed my tenure., Worked in New York, Bahamas, Jamaica, Canada
Great company Great people Great place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 6, 2013
Enjoyed my time with CIBC, it was a great work environment a great place to work, and great people!
Productive and good place to learn
Trading Floor Analyst, Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2013
Gained experience working in the trading floor area.
Had great co-workers who were always there to help and teach me.
productive and fun work environment
Customer Service Ambassador (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 29, 2013
coworkers were nice and friendly. Learn more about bank industry work field.
Overall a great place to work.
Teller (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 26, 2013
Pros: nice and secure work space
Cons: soliciting to clients about numerous products and fund raisers.
I've learned a lot working for CIBC, such as managing time to make the most out of my work day, creating an enthusiastic and reliable work atmosphere and going above and beyond to achieve customer satisfaction.
I've learned to balance large amounts of cash flow and to meet expectations such as numerous references and sale quotas.
Great Productive Environment
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, staff, enjoyment of emplpyees
Great place to start at if you are looking to get into the bank and work your way up the ranks at CIBC. Managers are very helpful when it comes to moving through out the company and encourage each employee to succeed.

There are many proceeders to learn and everyday there will be a circular with overwhelming amount of information which is mandatory – more... to read. It maybe overwhelming at times but will help you protect yourself by learning new proceeders and products that come out everyday.

Most employees are great to work will always help when in need of assistance. Very easy environment to get along with others. – less
It is a great Bank to work for if you want to advance up the ladder.
Many positions starting low to management (Former Employee), Oakville, Hamilton, Simcoe, TorontoJuly 24, 2013
Pros: management support for continuous education
Cons: low pay and pension
Its very difficult to write a review for this one as I moved around so much and climbed the ladder from customer service agent, loan officer, collections for student loans, assistant customer service manager. And a whole lot more! I really never had any issues with any of the employees. In fact I met my best friend there. The most enjoyable part of – more... all of the jobs listed is meeting new people all the time, Always learning something new and expanding my knowledge, and all further education courses were covered. Full Management support. The hardest part of the job I think I can only say the pay was terrible, they didn't seem to value their customers, it was all about the numbers to them. – less

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more