CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,359 reviews matching the search
Offers excellent advancement opportunities and great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON25 January 2017
*great hours
*good advancement opportunities
*excellent benefits
*hourly wage requires review. wages too low for work that is expected
**************
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low wages
fsr II role that i have right now
fsrII (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON24 January 2017
it is a faced paced work environment , i have learned a lot at this job lots of customer interaction . i like that i work close to home .
its a friendly work place culture .
i=
the place I have learn lots of things.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 January 2017
it was really hectic job but at the same time was to much fun while I work.it helped me to be a professional.
nice experience to work in sakes at the same time satisfied customers needs.
Over all It was fantastic experience was working with CIBC.
hard-worker,teamplayer
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2017
As a financial service representative at CIBC, I received extensive sales and credit training related to CIBC products and services. I met client needs and ensured the highest quality of service and advice was delivered.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Courseware Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
Great environment and organization. Although I was a contractor, I was treated with great respect and considered a full time employee in many ways. Excellent organization!
short staffed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2017
short staffed, long hours, no support from management. when given the opportunity to advance, my manager took my position. i was cold calling for mortgage specialists for no compensation
Pros
freedom
Cons
not enough staff
Leadership culture is not what they preach - job roles and demands ever changing and
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
CIBC tends to have a lot of policies in place but somehow miss out in implementing many of these to their directs. Although the pay is good and so are the benefits and various employee offers( share purchase plan) they tend to be somewhat outweighed by the stressful demands of the job. Poor life/ work balance especially when many areas do not allow working from home while others are not only allowed but encouraged. In today's Y Gen culture seems odd that they have yet to figure out that employee morale and also productivity will go up if people have the ability to strive for a better work balance with all of life's demands ( family , kids , taking care of elders) .
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of working from home / flexible work lifestyle
Co-op placement made for a great experience
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Worked a 4 month placement in Toronto with an awesome team that spent the effort showing me the ropes. The managers were patient with me till I was self-sufficient and were willing to give me more responsibility to help with the ongoing projects.
No comments
Lead Business Analyst, Change Management-PMO (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
I can not provide comments about working for this company, as this is not the intent of my applicaiton to this site. The intent is to post a resume for company's to view
Amazing place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
Loved every minute of working with such a collaborative and technologically driven corporation who are always on the lookout for new ways to innovate!
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Traffic Driving into the city
Great company to work for
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
Lot's of areas to focus and specialize in. A good culture with great people! Advancement into different areas is challenging though. You will need to have a manager that is willing to help you advance which can be hard to find.
nothing good to say
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
- Turnover is incredibly high in the ETF valuation teams. My manager is particularly slow at replacing staff despite staff providing more than adequate notice of intention to leave the company.
- Standard work times are 10:30am to 7:00pm. These times make commuting, and life balances incredibly difficult. Working late is incredibly exhausting as 1 hour of overtime requires staff to leave at 8:00pm.
- Staff in the operations level are incredibly disposable. The company has relocated staff from downtown Toronto to Markham and Mississauga with minimal notice to staff. In addition, salary is ridiculously low compared to competition.
- Employees seeking permanent residence are promised full time employment upon completion of employment contracts. However, managers will withhold full time status of these employees even after these employees have satisfied the 6-month probation period, forcing employees to sign one-month contract agreements with recurring roll-overs, month-after-month.
- Staff are vocally humiliated in front of entire department for making minuscule mistakes.
- Very little room for growth in operational departments. The company has removed many titles, narrowing the already limited corporate hierarchy within operations.
- Most overtime is not claimable. Overtime requires pre-approved authorization from supervisors/management. This requirement is incredibly unfair to staff as there are many delays that cannot be predicted, such as pricing delays and system outage. Thus, staff are required to work many hours for free. In addition, most days staff are unable to
  more... take breaks. Please keep in mind, staff do not get paid lunches.
- Very depressing work culture. Nobody I have met in the junior or senior level wants to make a career out of fund accounting.
Pros
young staff
Cons
listed in review
Leading Canadian bank in innovation
Director, Service Managment Governance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
Open to creative thinking and innovation by managers and employees. Has great employee benefits and highly values teamwork and trust. People are valued for what they contribute.
great company to work for
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
CIBC has great corporate culture with great managers.

In my time there I have learned time management, working cooperatively with my branch partners to complete tasks and achieve goals.

The hardest part of current job is that my pay is not consistent as I'm on 100% commisioned.
Pros
flexibility, great management, benefits
Cons
inconsistent pay
fast paced, high demand working environment
Senior Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Analyzed escalations received from approximately 80 global, front line support agents, investigated all tickets, resolved complex clients’ problems and escalated issues to Tier III. Provided feedback on any identified resolution gaps in the front line process.
Pros
Team Environment
Great starting bank to work at
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 January 2017
Something is missing with the training and motivation of new staff and actually old staff

Otherwise great staff that motivate each other
Pros
Lots of them
Cons
Some managers didn't lead by example
Productive & Informative Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 January 2017
Typically, I deal with over 100 clients on a daily basis
I learned much about interpersonal relations & finances
My co-workers are dependable and knowledgeable
Hardest part of the job is sales
Pros
Good clientele
Cons
Poor management
poor work/life balance
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON12 January 2017
Long hours and 7 days a week work limits the work/life balance.
The aggressive sales culture is overwhelming.
Friendly culture.
Very competitive environment.
Pros
friendly culture
good work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2017
It is a pretty good experience especially for new grads who want to build career in banking. However, the cibc system is old so it is far harder with cibc than other banking if you are the teller. The balancing process will make you crazy when you are new.
Banking experience
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sharbrooke9 January 2017
Long banking experience .Technology advancement .large network .Huge system and big number of Employees. Many products and services and many offers .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.