CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,073 reviews matching the search
enjoyable and professional place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deseronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
always learning everyday; some days very challenging; good co-workers; enjoyable to work & help people; not so much when we could not do anything for client.
Pros
Nice to meet & deal with different people
Cons
Rules seem to change to often
it is a fun place to work
Project QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2016
management is cooperative , great work culture. Company often send you for training. Gives you a chance to update your skills set.the only set back is salary is not competitive.
Pros
friendly Environment, cooperative mangers
Cons
Salary is not competative
Productive and work culture
Foreign Exchange Program - Sr. QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
Working in CIBC was itself a great opportunity to explore new challenging project. co-workers were very friendly and helpful. we always celebrated our co-workers birthdays or any other occation
Excellent place to work
Manager of Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Coronach, SKMarch 8, 2016
Yes i can say that i really loved to work with my colleagues. Very good organization to start with. Success and progression in CIBC is depends on how you are working.
Pros
good working environment, great company
Cons
Don't have anything.
It was productive
retail analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
Work for 42 years and have learn a lot making new co-workers all the time / management was always changing and the job was changing also. The hardest part of the job was when employees called in sick and you have to contribute a lot of yourself to get all the work completed. The most fun was when they were potluck and everyone contribute to it.
Pros
they were some free lunches at meetings.
Cons
at month end you had to work very long hours.
Good Advancement
Lead, Advanced Analytics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2016
Management, work life balance, salary and job security are great at CIBC. The job culture is vastly different across the various lines of businesses, which might not be ideal for people who dislike organizational red tape.
Pros and cons
hr (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
This is a large employer and one of the biggest banks in Canada so there are many career paths and opportunities. With that, there is a lot of process and procedures and management is quick to pigen-hole people if they are doing a good job. If you are with a manager who has credibility with peers and advocates for your career progression, it is a great place.
Pros
Big bank, numerous opportunities and good employer brand recognition in the industry.
Cons
Politics
good work place , good team felt like a family and is very fun .
Specialist of Credit and Dispute (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 11, 2015
it was very hard because some customers weren't happy and wouldn't be very polite over the phone . I learned a lot how to guide customers and to keep them calm and to understand their needs and help solving their problems . At the end of the day ,I am happy with my work because I resolved their issues and manage to keep our customers and they are also happy with the service I provide .
Pros
Free lunches, free coffee coupons, gifts
Cons
management doesn't accept the given schedule
Professional work culture and Ping Pong
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  750 Lawrence AvenueMay 18, 2016
CIBC Management and work atmosphere is totally professional. At the same time sports, charity events and product release celebrations are part of CIBC culture which makes CIBC a good organization
a nice and enjoyable place to work
SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  320 Bay StreetJanuary 14, 2016
I am proud and enjoy the relationships I built with people, the skills I developed to be able to move further.The hardest part are the many changes they are implementing right now, but the life change everywhere, so I appreciate the need of change...
Amazing Job Culture and Employees
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2015
As promised a lot of advancement and employees were very well taken care of.Learned a lot about the process in the organization.
The majority of my co-workers were fun to work with and we developed a great working relationship.
Pros
training provided, upgrading provided, opportunity to advance, good staff
Steady
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 2, 2016
Steady and secure. Everything is really set up for the house, the employees don't see a great deal of profit sharing. Would be nice to have extra compensation atleast for extra hours being put in.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Salary doesn't cover extra's in life. Living wage?
Small Business Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 26, 2016
Was a great place to work, I left only do to a better opportunity to run my own Branch. Benefits were great, co workers were awesome, the over all experience was great.
Pros
Cons
30 days notice for vacation
Not Satisfied
Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
Would never go back. Targets extremely unreasonable, unrealistic, aggressive especially based on geographical location. No allowance for growth and development. Very poor employee experience.
Team Oriented Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCNovember 4, 2015
Work in a team environment, greet clients and offer them benefits that fit their needs. I have learned how to look forward to work every single day and have a positive outlook on helping others as well as quickly problem solve. There were many different aspects of the job and the hardest part was not being trained completley on all of them, therefore making it hard to achieve customer satisfaction all the time. Most enjoyable part of the job was achieveing weeekly teamwork goals, with a healthy competition to help us succeed and meet those goals.
Pros
monthly work gatherings
Cons
Not enough hours.
Excellent work place
Personal Banking Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 5, 2015
CIBC is a very fun, yet professional work place where you grow with your efforts.

Since I am working as a financial representative my role is particularly contains targets. All of the bank products such as Mortgages, Line of credits, loans, credit cards, chequing and saving accounts, investments, we are required to sale all together. I am very delighted that I am continuously exceeding my targets and one of the top performers within my role.
Pros
Level of compensation is derived by your hardwork
Cons
no Cons
great right out of high school. That's about it.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
Pay is not great and they keep you at part time hours for as long as they can. You feel stifled and when you present your qualifications that apply to the job, they ignore them.
Pros
I had a sweet manager
Cons
under pay
Fast Paced
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ONFebruary 1, 2016
The level of calls you take would vary from 30 - 80 depending on how busy it is. I learned to multi-task through various of internal operations for clients as well as found out which calls you should just service them and which calls you would give them advise.
Good salary and hard work
BI Administrator for Cognos/SAS/SSRS/SSAS/Tableau (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
Good salary
hard work and long work hours
security is not good
management is ok
multi-culture
more training opportunities for employees
most co-workers are excellent
Performance driven and lots to learn
LEARNING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
Challenging stretch assignments
Great scope for learning
Great workplace culture
Fun social events and great networking opportunities
Great co-workers