CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
excellent place to work. management provides excellent support for your career aspirations. Co-workers are team players
Great workplace
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to develop relationships with clients in helping them to achieve personal goals.
fast paced, high energy
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
he company is growing fast and keeps reaching its goals quarter-after-quarter, year-after-year. It's truly inspiring to be part of a company that has experienced exceptional success in the online recruitment industry.
Great Company
Senior Financial Service Associate (Former Employee), VariousMay 14, 2015
Really enjoyed my time with CIBC. Lots of room for working up the corporate ladder if you so choose. Great benefits and hours as well as the branch makes you feel like part of the team.
not enough hours
sales agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 13, 2015
The job was on point, but somehow it ran out of business and the new comers had their hours cut-off.Sometimes we wee rushed to make sales
Great Opportunity.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2015
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: Wages are not good.
Great management. Great workplace to work and fun employees to be around. Wages are not good compared to other financial insitutions.
CIBC was a good experience
Transaction Processing Officer (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: Pool table
Cons: Repetitive
The management and employees at CIBC were excellent. The company allowed for self improvement. It was repetitive but I made the most and helped to increase productivity and service to both the employers and the customers of CIBC. CIBC had events for cultural and employee appreciation. It was a great experience and would love to a have a job that help me improve my skills and grow.
Fast paced environment with friendly and loyal customer base
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2015
Fast paced environment with friendly and loyal customer base. A company where you have to put more extra hours in order to excel.
It is fun place to work
Senior Financial Service Account Manager (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCApril 29, 2015
Pros: give opportunity for employees to grow
Cons: System is out-dated
Our colleagues are really nice, we becomes real life time friends, we could get enough support from backup office. Managers are able to coaching. CIBC is my first official place to work, it educate me a lot and give myself opportunity to reach my career goals. I have learn lots from customer service to senior account manager as branch manager backup.My branch is like a family everyone is so so nice. The hardest part of my job is distance from home to work now,long commute
Not Required
CSR/BSR/Head CSR (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 26, 2015
I am looking to leave the company as I am personally not satisfied and look for career alternatives. Job stability, advancements, and satisfaction are not meeting my needs.
Awesome workplace with lot of knowledge sharing and stable job and career uliftment
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2015
Run batches and troubleshoot production issues and create feeds for file transfer and also create script for autosys jobs
Highly detail oriented and Multi-tasking skills. Customer Service Focused, Trustworthy and dependable Mathematical aptitude Sound decision making a
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
I really enjoy my job. love working with people, best part of my job is to help clients with their financial needs.
Most enjoyable part of my job is to meet new people on daily basis and get to know them and build relationship.
Great bank to work for.
Trading Control Investment Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Large bank with many opportunities within the organization
Cons: Large banks continually restructure.
CIBC was a great bank to work for. I started with Wood Gundy and was promoted to a position with CIBC as Trading Control Investment analyst.
further steps
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 16, 2015
Pros: enjoyable, teamwork, challenge, achievement.
Cons: routine
To work in Mortgage department one has to have a global background of the general situation at a time and good projections for the future in accordance with the fluctuation of the ongoing markets. I faced a very particular issue, for instance I had a call from an attorney asking why the bank is taking him to court. After debating the issue with my superior who had no answer to such query I , personally took the initiative asking the attorney for his personal phone number in order to follow up with the legal department to take action.
On the other hand, the happy moments were among the team who can do sales more than the other as a matter of joking in our assignment.
Control officer,Data entry, some Admin, First Aid
Control Officer (Former Employee), calgary ABApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great Benifits
Cons: The 3 hr comute when bulding moved
CIBC was a great place I enjoyed my 16 years there were many new changes over time. So a lot of learning to do which I really enjoyed. The management was great and so were the staff. Worked well as a team and on my own.
productive and fun
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoApril 13, 2015
good work place and fun. work was challenging and i enjoyed it throughout the project and I can use this experience to next job and will improve my performance to the next level.
Good working environment
Investment Representative (Licensed) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: Clients are mostly knowledgeable about the product/services.
Cons: The constant changes and demands
Accept and process trading and non trading orders as per client's request.Investigate and resolve inquiries and complaints related to accounts.
Ability to prioritize daily tasks,multi-task, and deal with a variety of personalities ( internal & external ) and capable of quickly shift priorities and deliver results.

Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.

Implement initiatives focused on building more profitable client relationships, by providing exceptional customer service to meet client’s needs. Identify opportunities to grow the business through strong sales focus and/or streamlining processes to reduce expenses

Focused concentration while reviewing different system platforms and listening intently to identify opportunities or decipher information in order to provide the best client service experience effective and efficiently.
Beware if you're a contractor!
Project Management (Former Employee), Intria - MississaugaApril 10, 2015
Pros: Allow you to work from home
Cons: Bullies, Old Boys' Club mentality
They changed my contract midstream to suit themselves rather than wait until it expired. They also changed the terms so they'd only have to give me 5 days notice. When I complained to my recruiter they said they'd pull me that very afternoon.

Soo... I dropped the issue but started looking for a new job that day.
Bullies are supported, teams are pretty 'clique-y'.

I would never go back and would not recommend them.
Fun place to work
- Different everyday
- A lot of talented people
- A variety projects
- Team makes the environment the best
Fun and Productive place to work
Bilingual Transaction Processing Officer (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 31, 2015
CIBC was a great experience to learn the banking business. They were very helpful in making me understand the concept and processes that were assigned to me. The environment is was great. Everyone helped each other with their tasks.
Headquarters