CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,475 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North york6 May 2017
Great company - they are very employee centric. I have worked here for many years and find that it has great potential. They reward according to your performance
good work place
Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
good work place good people,magement is good,taking care of their employee.good multicultural enviorment,,management helps to encourage in work..having great time with cibc...
Family Orientated
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 May 2017
Very friendly staff and management teams.
Customer service driven
There was a great support system in place for employees, need it be fellow employees, management or help desk lines.
Pros
Twice a month breakfast meetings, to keep on same page
Cons
Time Volunteering at RSP time with no pay to make individual quotas.
Excellent job opportunity.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
Excellent job opportunity. CIBC allowed me to move from Toronto, Ontario as a Online Telephone Service Rep. to Fort McMurray, Alberta as a Financial Service Representative. It was a great job opportunity and taught me an abundance of knowledge.
Not great
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON3 May 2017
Not a great place to work. benefits are good but pay is poor, advancement is poor and management is hit and miss. If you are lucky, your manager will know operations side. If not, they will wash their hands and leave you high and dry to figure things out on your own and then blame you for issues that arise. Sales are a HUGE part of this business so unless you are a really good saleperson, don't bother. Teller are being phased out and sales is in.
Pros
3 weeks vacation, benefits after 3 months, pension plan
n/a
PERSONAL BANKING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
working at cibc is wonderful, we are like a small family. the hours could be a little better and also the pay. some times it can be stressful with the sales targets.
Fun & great environemnt
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  NL2 May 2017
A typical day at my workplace. I enjoy getting up and going to work for CIBC. We have a great team. Learns something new every minute of the day. Culture is outstanding, hardest part of the job is leaving my kids for a daycare. and most enjoyable part is the amount of respect we get from our manager, and all the activites she plan outside of work for us.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
some daily activities
9-5 Cubicle Life
Records Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 May 2017
This was typical cubical office experience.

Monday to Friday the same thing over and over.

casual Fridays and occasional free lunch. It felt as though the benefits were reduced every year.

I guess that's how banks stay banks.

This 9-5 cubicle life was not the right fit for me.
Priductive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada2 May 2017
Front-line representative, responsible for creating a positive experience
Providing service to customers for all banking needs
Receiving and preparing the outgoing mailbag
Relieve head teller when she is on off days.
Order International Currencies when necessary
Balancing of ABM machine and Night deposits when person is on off days.
Balancing month end Teller sheets.
Bank
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2017
Great approach to financing solutions that puts employees and clients at the center of everything we did. You will benefit from a highly entrepreneurial environment and the ability to interact with a seasoned team of senior bankers.
Productive and fast paced place to work
Cash Operator/Verifier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2017
Overall a very enjoyable place to work. The nature of the job was very physical, however also required you to use your critical thinking skills.

Daily tasks would get repetitive, however everyday posed new potential for discrepancies, so it requires you to conduct your work with very fine attention to detail.

The employees are very nice people, supporting fellow coworkers to promote their ultimate success. This work atmosphere is like a small family, where everyone appreciates and looks out for one another.

Management is for the most part kind, but strict in terms of rules and policies. Then ensure the workplace functions efficiently, but also properly, following all standard procedures.
Fast paced
Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan30 April 2017
There is alot of sales pressure. Every minute and second of your life is measured. Its hard to find work life balance in this position. After one day of work you feel like that you ran a marathon.
I was processing a night deposit.
Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2017
Processing night deposit that was gathered from different branches of the bank. People working here are very serious and there is no time to talk with your co worker as the nature of the job is very hard. There's a lot of cash, coins, cheques around you. Camera surveillance is all over the place. The quota for processing the deposits varies each day. For example, Friday - Sunday the quota to process the deposit is 42deposit account per hour. In this type of job, you have to type fast, think fast and work fast. 100% accuracy for work is needed.
Pros
All parts of your body is working
Cons
working on weekend
Do not work here
Senior Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
Very poor and underhanded leadership, not that bright.

Typical of most banks, see people as a cost that can be discarded at any time. Salary is also below market as expected.
Pros
Idiot management - easy to fool
Cons
Stupid leadership - go no where environment
good place to work
SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
this is really good company. Working hours are little bit long but management knows how to take care of their employees. Besides routine jobs and projects there are fun activities.
Pros
good place to work
An overall bad organization
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2017
Most banks are sales oriented but this one is a joke of an institution in this regard, the "by any means necessary" approach seems to be the bread and butter of the institution.
Pros
location
Cons
everything else
N/a
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Good for contracting and fte. Fun place and good supportive work environment. Open direction as to how things can be done. Collaborative tools and techniques enabled.
Managment was unkind and unwilling to help clients
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Comox, BC25 April 2017
At the end of each day, i did not feel good about the direction i lead my clients in, due to CIBC's unrealistic targets for sales. I left because I did not feel the clients were getting the help they deserved, because of the sales module.
Excellent work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 April 2017
Very accommodating with student schedule, amazing training and great pay. Very good team to work for, would definitely return to this position if the chance was given.
Great Team
Verifications Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 April 2017
I have learned that team work is valuable! we all worked together and support each other. They don't treat us (disabilities) any different!
the hardest part is making sure our work is done correctly so the customer will be happy with our results
Pros
Free lunches and free trips for rewards
Cons
laying off all the times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.