CIBC

CIBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unethical and frankly evil
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABMay 1, 2014
Pros: it is usually quiet when they make you work 10 hour shifts
Cons: everything else, from the low pay to managers sitting behind you watching you work, they even took the doors off of the offices so they could monitor us better.
Ironically I was fired from CIBC just hours ago, because I had an elderly client (71 year old female on pension) coming in because she wanted to know how GICs worked. I was told that I wasn't doing my job correctly if I got less than 10 products from her, whether she needed them or not. When I asked "but what if she doesn't need a credit card, or a – more... secured line of credit" they told me "to make her need it" and that if she doesn't want it to educate her on title fraud and make her fear what could happen if she didn't have a claim on her house. I was deeply sickened by they're responses and when I said no I'm not going to do that to a senior, they said "then you are terminated effective immediately clear out your desk and leave". I've never been so ashamed of a company in my life. – less
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Co-Op Program) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: everyone was very helpful
Cons: no job offer
On a typical day:
Processed customers cash withdrawals and deposits, cheques, transfers, bills, credit card payments, money orders, certified cheques and other related banking transactions
Sorted and filed deposit slips and cheques
Responded to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries and made referrals where appropriate departments
Provided general – more... information to clients and the public
Management and co-works was very helpful – less
Amazing experience
internship, assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: experience, great work environment
I worked along side a senior financial adviser for about six months. My main responsibilities were data entry, maintenance and organization of files. It also gave me the experience of working in a professional atmosphere which I felt was something I could do for the rest of my life.
productive and accurate work place
Investigation Officer (Former Employee), 305 milliner ave, scarboroughApril 30, 2014
year end
time management
very supportive management
team work
Assistant manager
Assistant manager (Current Employee), AncasterApril 29, 2014
Experienced coaching skills to assist CSR team to achieve all sales,
service & operational targets
Organize schedule & payroll for CSRs
•Identify client concerns and implement action plans to address client feedback
Manage cash holdings & compliance
Monitor branch activities & risk to ensure adherence to policies
Procedures & controls while minimizing – more... fraud
Responsible for achieving mortgage and mutual fund sale targets
Daily inbound and outbound calling to clients – less
CIBC
Customer Service and Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: work hours
A typical day at work was to receive inbound calls in regards to visa accounts. There were many different duties in receiving these calls. There was credit card applications, activations, selling, cancellations, and reporting lost or stolen visa cards. I learned the key to a successful call is to listen actively and build rapport. The management team – more... was always there to help with any questions or concerns and also to motivate the team on a daily basis. Co-workers were also very helpful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to close every sale. However, I didn't give up and I stayed motivated. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that with great work and motivation the job can get done and there's room for advancement within the company. – less
Good and professional working enviornment
Financial Service Representative II (Current Employee), SarniaApril 26, 2014
co workers are helpful. good training, and support for management
Productive, great work place
ITO Contract Governance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2014
Working at CIBC was a great learning experience.
The team I worked with was Vendor Management, the team was very helpful. The atmosphere was great, everyone got along and worked together. Our direct managers were great they were very easy to approach and very hands on.
Everyday was a good day, there was always lots of work to do and the time always – more... flew by. – less
Excellent workplace
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Excellent management and environment. Hours flexibility and I was able to handle the work/home balance efficiently as my children are very young.
great place to learn and grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 23, 2014
it was a great and fun place to work, plenty to learn the management staff were wonderful
friendly working environment
Developer (Co-op) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: some free lunch
Cons: more tasks
When I worked as a co-op student in this company, all my team members help me adapt to the working environment fast. They guided and coached me how to deal with all challenging tasks. My team not only transferred knowledge to me, but also helped me build up my confidence to work with my project.
Great learning opportunity
Senior Internal Consultant, Risk Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: being in toronto city centre
Cons: long commute
Learned new things about internal controls and banking in general.
Best Work place for Temps.
Mail Clerk ( Temporary Assignment) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: sometimes i get eachiever, and recently i have been quarterly nominated for helping in some projects.
Cons: only pay is less.
According to my review working for CIBC is really great, i have learned lot of things, supervisors, internal culigs all are very supportive.Pay is less in CIBC but for temps is nice to gain lots of experience which is really necessary to get better jobs.
producive and fun place
Conseiller hypothécaire mobile (Former Employee), Gatienau PQApril 3, 2014
Pros: travelling
Cons: long hours
Very hard the get the realtors to give you referrals. Great job for customer services. You are part of people's dreams and you help them realise that dream. You must have the capability to learn on your own and relied a lot on your judgement. Help is not always available. The worst part is the delay between the time you submit and the time you get your – more... approval.
Great benefits – less
Excellent banking experience horrendous work/life balance
Advisory Application Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: financial experience, benefits, training
Cons: work/life balance, long hours, inexperienced management, no career advacement
CIBC or at least my unit tends to hire people without banking or capital markets experience which is a huge thing for somebody who wants to get into this field and does not have prior experience, you can learn a lot and they give you lots information about it if you are interested. Co-workers are nice and they like to help each other and they do not – more... judge if you make a mistake. Also I have learned a lot about the process in the organization.

Work/Life balance is horrendous.I have never been worked like that in my whole 10 year career in the field. We had to work full 2 days on the weekends throughout the whole month of January to meet a deadline because management botched the planning and started preaching that we are all going to "fail" if we do not deliver. I even got sick of too much stress and added strain to my personal life. At the end management got their promotions as we were able to deliver after all and the regular developers got nothing, I was told that we should be happy to have a job by the now former manager promoted to be a director.

Get your banking experience and move on... – less
Its a fun sales oriented enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunities for cross training and advancement
Cons: lots of different campaigns going on- hard to tunnel focus
I love working for CIBC. Its given me the opportunity to work in many different communities with different demographics and learn the ins and outs of financial services. Ive help many different roles ranging from customer service to assistant branch manager, which also gives me a range in what my typical day looks like. Ive learned the intricacs of – more... financial services but also the epitome of customer service and how to achieve customer satisfaction on a consistent basis. The connection with people on the daily is what makes this job a stand out when it comes to things i love but it also is one of the hardest parts. comming to the realisation that not everyone is going to be happy with you is one of the toughest you can imagine when youre a perfectionist like myself. – less
Great place to work!
Business Analyst (Full-Time Summer Internship) (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 30, 2014
Loved working there for my summer internships! Continuous growth and a balanced work/life balance fostered. Great environment and experience
General overview of the job
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), BoltonMarch 28, 2014
i Presently assist the Financial Advisor in providing client's with advice surronding the four quadrants of Planning: Cash management, Credit planning, Investment planning, and Protection planning.
Dealing soley with clients with a high net worth and providing them with solutions to grow their new worth and protect them and there families financially.
Challenging Wrok Environment
Network Specialist - Global Network Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
This is a very challenging and demanding work environment, as an IT resource, our group was responsible to maintain and upgrade network infrastructure and build new infrastructure to support new line of business applications.
EASY AND FUN
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 25, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: no challenge, no change
my position is customer service representative in CIBC
it's not a hard job, but you need to reach sales' target every week

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more