CIBC

CIBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I feel that my creative process will benefit both QA and BA team
BA / QA Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 21, 2014
I am a BA /QA Analyst with extensive experience in Business Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Feasibility and Gap analysis, Documentation, Use cases and UML for CIBC. I have 5+ years of experience in Developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects and actively participated in – more... project status meeting and Involved in all phases of the SDLC from Requirements analysis, Test Strategy development, Test case development, Test case execution, Defect Management for System testing ,UAT Testing.

I feel that my creative process will benefit both QA team and BA team

Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to have the opportunity to discuss the opening with you in person. – less
High volume hectic work place
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Thomas OntarioJune 15, 2014
Dealing with lineups from open to close, cash handling, face to face customer service
Gained work experience regarding market data
Market Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
- Gained significant experience performing market data QA
- Organized the solving over 100 data issues on the RSI project. Especially in commodities, interest rates, and credit spreads
- Gained a great understanding of data structures and issues as a result of conducting ad-hoc analyses and cleansing historical data
fair working environment. good people to work with
Mortgage Servicing Specialist, TB Mortgages (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: encourage to move within firm to different position
Cons: internal competition only is still very high
telephone banking mortgages of CIBC located in 100 University Ave, Toronto. currently working as mortgage servicing specialist. Good position in terms of getting into the company, but expected turnover rate of this position by management itself is 1-2 years where even managements are actually encourage to move to different areas of the organization. – more... not a job that we will enjoy day to day as it is eventually customer contact center but good place to find a better position within firm – less
a productive and fun place to work in
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
CIBC is a very fun place to work in. It has a good family atmosphere in the workplace.
i'd recommend working in CIBC to any of my peers in the industry.
Excellent company
Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 8, 2014
Cons
Dated systems
Difficult balance between sales expectations and servicing appointments- which do not generate sales
Micromanagement is very common
Pay is low for the work expectations
Difficult to compete for business with mortgage brokers and top competitors.

Pros
Great community partner
Management maintains that they're willing to get you to – more... where you need to be in your career- it may not happen in the time you want it to, however.
Overall good company. – less
Productive workplace
Senior HR Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoJune 4, 2014
Great place to advance in your career

good management
great co-workers
Business Analyst, Investment Fund (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2014
good environment, learned alot about hedge funds. management isn't the best at training.
Friendly and Supportive Culture
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 2, 2014
Probably the most fun I ever had at a job, balanced life. Was part of a great team which was both friendly and supportive.
very productive and fun work place
Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 29, 2014
a typical day at work involves excellent interaction between staff and customers,management is the best ive ever worked with, they have a great blend between recognition and disciple, the perfect balance,
good people, terrible culture
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Aurora ONMay 28, 2014
you may be lucky to work with some really good people, but upper management and the culture is toxic
CIBC Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kemptville, ONMay 27, 2014
Working with the company was alright. I enjoyed the people at the branch and the manager.
Enjoyed Working with people from different ethnicity under one roof
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: great enviornment and great people to work with.
Cons: you have to give out your best. no excuses!
I did not work for a long time at Cibc due to my studies. But it was great experience for me working in corporate environment as a professional. Learned the norms and values of corporate culture.
Every day at Cibc was a day of joy and experience for me dealing with different valuable customer solving their queries and providing them state of the art – more... customer service experience. – less
Good place to work.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2014
Good place to work, large company very large environment. Technical departments are very compartmentalized to you become very specialized, but have to change roles to learn different skills.
Good company for long term career
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Leamington, ONMay 18, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment.
Cons: can't think of much right now.
CIBC - Current role is a sales role - so the pressure that comes with targets is natural. Other than that - definitely one of the best workplaces in Canada and even the role and the company both have opportunities for advancement.
worst experience ever - would not recommend this bank as an employer of choice - go to another bank
Recruiter (Former Employee), TorontoMay 11, 2014
Cons: poor inexperienced management
warned not to join CIBC for years - thought my experience would be better - should have listened to past employees
work is always something i look forward too
Customer Service Representative Express Queue (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2014
my co-workers are great
management is always helping the team get better.
Productive, busy banking environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2014
I entered financial data and client information into the system
l managed incoming and outgoing mail
Received phone calls and transferred to the appropriate person or
department
Received return mail and updated client information
Coordinated with clients for required documentation
HR needs improvement but otherwise great company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Delhi, OntarioMay 6, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch, salary
Cons: learning system
Working at CIBC overall was fairly pleasant. Getting to work with clients to help them is always enjoyable.

Only issue I had with CIBC was with the HR manager. I believe that the process for a review should be more than just speaking with a branch manager. The branch manager does not see everything. The HR manager should speak with the branch manager, – more... the assistant branch manager and the onboarding manager before making a decision. This does not get done at CIBC.

Most of the staff i interacted with were pleasant and fun to work with and made the experience enjoyable.

From what I learned, the salary is lower than most financial institutions.

I would say the hardest part of the job is when you have to call or meet with people who are trying to get their lives on track and tell them that they do not qualify for the loan or line of credit they need. – less
Very Productive and fun workplace
Senior Settlement Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: free snacks sometimes.
Very Productive and fun workplace.

lots of encouragement from management and co-workers.

Monthly meetings.

Continuous Improvement Ideas.

PMM reviews.

Incentive awards.

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more