CIBC Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2017
Fun work place. Need to move for career advancement. I have been with CIBC almost 4 years and I can say there is good work environment but I need to move ahead in terms of career development and better paying job. Better potential in my area of experience is also desired.
I have heard CIBC is a great workplace!
Volunteer at CIBC Run for the Cure (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK7 September 2017
I have heard from some friends of mine that CIBC is a great workplace. It has excellent work/life balance and salary/benefits and job security advancements.
More sales than banking
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2017
Good training program and to start its banking and customer service, but soon enough the sales pressure kicks in to provide new services to existing clients and to obtain new clients and grow the business. Compensation was also driven by business growth etc.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Sales pressure
fun palce to work
Personal Banking Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
overall a good place to work, good people to work with, salary is ok, not so bad, and benefits are good, the only thing that's not so good may be the travel time from my home to work.
fun place to work very professional
Financial service representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 September 2017
professional workplace very good people and teamwork
workplace is professional
cibc is good in banking and helpful to their clients
i love to work for cibc
A culture where all employees can succeed
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 September 2017
Very much enjoyed my years with CIBC. You are encouraged and . helped to achieve your career goals. Performance is rewarded through the bonus program that CIBC has in place. You will have sales targets in all roles that need to be met but with the products and coaching CIBC provides these targets are very reasonable.
Benefits
Cons
Some longer hours
good place to work
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
nice people to work with and for. good opportunities and management is reasonable. flexible work schedule and acceptable income. I feel like I'm treated like a human being rather than just a robot.
Pros
all good
Cons
not many
Friendly
Senior Supervisor - Retail Records Management (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2017
Wonderful workplace. Great hours. Gave me the experience I needed to move on to the career I wanted to move on to for the future. It was a great place to work.
Very supportive environment
Project Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
CIBC clearly was concerned about the development of its employees and was constantly coming up with ideas and programs to make sure the right people were matched to the right jobs.
Great Place To Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 August 2017
Manage large amounts of incoming calls
Generate sales leads
Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
Meet personal/customer service team sales targets and call handling quotas
Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolutionKeep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
Take the extra mile to engage customers
Flexible
Employee (Current Employee) –  Alberta30 August 2017
Love the client interaction and helping client grow financially. Work culture is fast paced. Hardest part of my job is that Administration roles have been Removed from rural locations. Eg. No assistant managers
Pros
Flexible
Cons
direction, too many people managing vs 1 mgr
supports outside learning
Regulatory Risk Officer Mutual Funds (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2017
I was long time employee and had the opportunity to work myself up the ladder. Company supports outside training to develop skills and knowledge. Was able to work in different provinces and learn about different cultures at times.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
amazing start for the career!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2017
I would highly recommend technology side of the business! amazing line of business to work at. Nice offices, many corporate events, lots of training options and career advancements
Pros
great teams, great company culture
Cons
low salary
Solid Workplace but Many Processes
Advisory Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2017
Employees are generally friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Working within one's on team is usually a good experience, but teams are somewhat isolated so working across teams can be challenging at times.

The company is a bit process-obsessed and risk-averse, which can make it harder to get the tools (software) and information needed to do the job effectively. Valuable time is often consumed with documentation and meetings, time that may be better spent on design and build.

Management is supportive and encourages training, though there isn't always time for training when deadlines become tight. Workload is sometimes excessive, leaving little or no time for training and personal development.

Personally, I learned a lot during my time at CIBC, and was given opportunities to try new and emerging techniques and methodologies. I sometimes had to fight to secure those opportunities, as the management always preferred to take the safe and easy route. That being said, my colleagues were almost always kind, helpful, and patient, and there are some truly dedicated and talented people working at CIBC.

Another great aspect of CIBC is its focus on diversity and community involvement, which always impressed me. There's definitely a feeling of acceptance and welcoming to those of differing cultures across CIBC. Employees are heavily engaged in United Way, Run for the Cure, and other community initiatives, with different initiatives popping up throughout each year.

Overall, CIBC is a great place to start out in your career, as a newcomer to Canada, or if you plan to stay for the
  more... long-haul.  less
Pros
Diversity, community involvement, welcoming atmosphere, encourages training, some opportunities for personal development
Cons
Process-oriented, risk-averse, difficulties working across teams, compensation slightly below market average
Excellent
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON26 August 2017
Its a great place to work. Benefits are paid.The training is exemplary and the work atmosphere is really great. I worked with them for over 15 years and I loved it
Great place to work build skills and attributes
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2017
Fabulous organization to work for 42 years lots of opportunity for advancement, great environment community focused

Had the opportunity to travel coast to coast

Have worked locally as well as regional and head office
Not for the faint of heart
FINANICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 August 2017
-Not the greatest schedule
-Salary is pretty good
-Management team is a little lackluster
-Good working environment
-Outbound calling isn't for everyone
-Training and couching is fairly good
great place to work at
Service and Platform Owner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2017
CIBC is one of the best places to work at.
Lots of opportunities
Employees there are very friendly and hard working

I've worked there for 11 years, and I have enjoyed every moment.
Typical big 5
Call Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
It was a great starting point. But as soon as I was able to gain some serious experience, I had to leave for greener pastures. Overall, a good business model with reputable products and services.
Pros
Technology, job security
Cons
Renumeration, bureaucracy
Perfect experience
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Applying Knowledge from my experience, learning new system and work with excellent managers, enjoyed knowing a new people and work with different environment dealing with various business unites.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.