CIBC

CIBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2014
Good place to work, large company very large environment. Technical departments are very compartmentalized to you become very specialized, but have to change roles to learn different skills.
Good company for long term career
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Leamington, ONMay 18, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment.
Cons: can't think of much right now.
CIBC - Current role is a sales role - so the pressure that comes with targets is natural. Other than that - definitely one of the best workplaces in Canada and even the role and the company both have opportunities for advancement.
worst experience ever - would not recommend this bank as an employer of choice - go to another bank
Recruiter (Former Employee), TorontoMay 11, 2014
Cons: poor inexperienced management
warned not to join CIBC for years - thought my experience would be better - should have listened to past employees
work is always something i look forward too
Customer Service Representative Express Queue (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2014
my co-workers are great
management is always helping the team get better.
Productive, busy banking environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2014
I entered financial data and client information into the system
l managed incoming and outgoing mail
Received phone calls and transferred to the appropriate person or
department
Received return mail and updated client information
Coordinated with clients for required documentation
HR needs improvement but otherwise great company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Delhi, OntarioMay 6, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch, salary
Cons: learning system
Working at CIBC overall was fairly pleasant. Getting to work with clients to help them is always enjoyable.

Only issue I had with CIBC was with the HR manager. I believe that the process for a review should be more than just speaking with a branch manager. The branch manager does not see everything. The HR manager should speak with the branch manager, – more... the assistant branch manager and the onboarding manager before making a decision. This does not get done at CIBC.

Most of the staff i interacted with were pleasant and fun to work with and made the experience enjoyable.

From what I learned, the salary is lower than most financial institutions.

I would say the hardest part of the job is when you have to call or meet with people who are trying to get their lives on track and tell them that they do not qualify for the loan or line of credit they need. – less
Very Productive and fun workplace
Senior Settlement Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: free snacks sometimes.
Very Productive and fun workplace.

lots of encouragement from management and co-workers.

Monthly meetings.

Continuous Improvement Ideas.

PMM reviews.

Incentive awards.
BA
Branch Ambassador (Current Employee), EdmontonMay 2, 2014
I enjoy working for CIBC, my manager supports me and i feel welcome within my branch always.
Productive, fun and challenging workplace
Financial Service Representative II (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2014
- learned how to work as a team to achieve company objectives and provide excellent client experiences
Unethical and frankly evil
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABMay 1, 2014
Pros: it is usually quiet when they make you work 10 hour shifts
Cons: everything else, from the low pay to managers sitting behind you watching you work, they even took the doors off of the offices so they could monitor us better.
Ironically I was fired from CIBC just hours ago, because I had an elderly client (71 year old female on pension) coming in because she wanted to know how GICs worked. I was told that I wasn't doing my job correctly if I got less than 10 products from her, whether she needed them or not. When I asked "but what if she doesn't need a credit card, or a – more... secured line of credit" they told me "to make her need it" and that if she doesn't want it to educate her on title fraud and make her fear what could happen if she didn't have a claim on her house. I was deeply sickened by they're responses and when I said no I'm not going to do that to a senior, they said "then you are terminated effective immediately clear out your desk and leave". I've never been so ashamed of a company in my life. – less
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Co-Op Program) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: everyone was very helpful
Cons: no job offer
On a typical day:
Processed customers cash withdrawals and deposits, cheques, transfers, bills, credit card payments, money orders, certified cheques and other related banking transactions
Sorted and filed deposit slips and cheques
Responded to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries and made referrals where appropriate departments
Provided general – more... information to clients and the public
Management and co-works was very helpful – less
Amazing experience
internship, assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: experience, great work environment
I worked along side a senior financial adviser for about six months. My main responsibilities were data entry, maintenance and organization of files. It also gave me the experience of working in a professional atmosphere which I felt was something I could do for the rest of my life.
productive and accurate work place
Investigation Officer (Former Employee), 305 milliner ave, scarboroughApril 30, 2014
year end
time management
very supportive management
team work
Assistant manager
Assistant manager (Current Employee), AncasterApril 29, 2014
Experienced coaching skills to assist CSR team to achieve all sales,
service & operational targets
Organize schedule & payroll for CSRs
•Identify client concerns and implement action plans to address client feedback
Manage cash holdings & compliance
Monitor branch activities & risk to ensure adherence to policies
Procedures & controls while minimizing – more... fraud
Responsible for achieving mortgage and mutual fund sale targets
Daily inbound and outbound calling to clients – less
CIBC
Customer Service and Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: work hours
A typical day at work was to receive inbound calls in regards to visa accounts. There were many different duties in receiving these calls. There was credit card applications, activations, selling, cancellations, and reporting lost or stolen visa cards. I learned the key to a successful call is to listen actively and build rapport. The management team – more... was always there to help with any questions or concerns and also to motivate the team on a daily basis. Co-workers were also very helpful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to close every sale. However, I didn't give up and I stayed motivated. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that with great work and motivation the job can get done and there's room for advancement within the company. – less
Good and professional working enviornment
Financial Service Representative II (Current Employee), SarniaApril 26, 2014
co workers are helpful. good training, and support for management
Productive, great work place
ITO Contract Governance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2014
Working at CIBC was a great learning experience.
The team I worked with was Vendor Management, the team was very helpful. The atmosphere was great, everyone got along and worked together. Our direct managers were great they were very easy to approach and very hands on.
Everyday was a good day, there was always lots of work to do and the time always – more... flew by. – less
Excellent workplace
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Excellent management and environment. Hours flexibility and I was able to handle the work/home balance efficiently as my children are very young.
great place to learn and grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 23, 2014
it was a great and fun place to work, plenty to learn the management staff were wonderful
friendly working environment
Developer (Co-op) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: some free lunch
Cons: more tasks
When I worked as a co-op student in this company, all my team members help me adapt to the working environment fast. They guided and coached me how to deal with all challenging tasks. My team not only transferred knowledge to me, but also helped me build up my confidence to work with my project.

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more