CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great working envirnment
Accounts Receivable / Third Party Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
Fast paced and professional environment with constant learning opportunities. All the places I have worked for are very good and gives room for personal growth and development
CIBC has allowed me to gain the knowledge I need to move forward in my career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 9, 2016
I am responsible for ensuring customers have an exceptional experience dealing with CIBC by engaging with clients and demonstrating the fact that their business is highly valued.  I assist clients with day to day transactions, and extend their relationship with CIBC by identifying gaps in their financial needs.
Excellent place to work
Manager of Sales and Service (Former Employee), Coronach, SKMarch 8, 2016
Pros: good working environment, great company
Cons: Don't have anything.
Yes i can say that i really loved to work with my colleagues. Very good organization to start with. Success and progression in CIBC is depends on how you are working.
great right out of high school. That's about it.
Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
Pros: I had a sweet manager
Cons: under pay
Pay is not great and they keep you at part time hours for as long as they can. You feel stifled and when you present your qualifications that apply to the job, they ignore them.
Cibc
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 4, 2016
Pros: Salary, Bonus, Benefits
Cons: Schedule Hours, Parking
Very good salary, bonuses, and benefits.
Scheduling was a bit harsh, and the location was poor unless you use public transportation. Parking is expensive, and they do not offer free employee parking of any kind.
Sales targets were pretty intense.
Employee and client focused company
District Branch Manager (Former Employee), Greater NiagaraMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Great teams
Cons: nil
Typical day at work:

1. Coaching is the key to success of the organization as well as the main driver to employee and client acquisition and retention. A big part on the calendar of the typical day is coaching.
2. Reviewing and analyzing reports to identify areas of focus, wether Productivity, Net Investments Growth, Credit or Revenue. Align and design new strategies to achieve favourable outcomes.
3.Connect with Partners, study LOB's strategic plan and review performance and come up with action plans to address areas of opportunities.

People and performance management.. Leading Branch managers to success by ensuring expectations are communicated clearly, consistent and followed up on weekly. Recognize small wins to drive momentum and sense of progress to the success.

Hardest part of the job is having those difficult conversations that may also include terminations but they are must haves.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing individuals on the team succeed and grow in their career.
Great Start
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2016
Very good organization to start with. Success and progression in CIBC is dependent on social circles that you form within the company. If they like you, they will promote you.
it was stressful but at the same time fun envirnment
Financial Service Representative -Contact Center (Former Employee), 5650 Yonge street, TorontoMarch 1, 2016
Worked for CIBC since 2003 in the Contact Centre. I saw a lot of changes. All systems were updated digitally. First team to bring in On-Line Banking. Lots of Training and encouragement.Very good Management and colleagues, very helpful though under a lot of pressure as it was 24/7 environment. In-house trainiing was the best.
Anyone looking for a job should apply at CIBC's Toronto Contact centre. Excellent training, experience and incentives.
I miss it.
Overall Experience
Manager of Analytics (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Positive Atmosphere
CIBC is a great place to work with an overall positive atmosphere and intelligent, friendly co-workers. Salary can be competitive depending on what department of the bank you work in and depending on the type of mentor/mentee relationship you have.
Cibc
Vendor Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at work includes setting up a new new vendor profile, analyzes additions or changes, calling vendors.

What I have learned while working at CIBC: I have learned a lot from being an Accounts Payable Specialist and Vendor Specialist. I also assist in special projects such as User Acceptance Testing.

I get along with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is doing a research/investigation on vendors.

The most enjoyable part of a job is working for a company that has my fit. My attitude is to be proactive and initiative.
good
sr android developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 29, 2016
good location n good project
lot of learning
good technique sin programming and working with quality team
great team lead
lot of thinking
Productive, sales oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONFebruary 26, 2016
Good job, I left for a different direction but there is room to advance, it is a sales job at the end of the day with a good deal of customer focus
Small Business Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 26, 2016
Pros: Everything
Cons: 30 days notice for vacation
Was a great place to work, I left only do to a better opportunity to run my own Branch. Benefits were great, co workers were awesome, the over all experience was great.
Very bad overall culture environment !!
Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2016
Cons: deceiving and manipulative management
Found CIBC to be over run with corporate politics, allowed for most deserving employees to be overlooked for advancement. Very bad overall culture environment !!
Front Face of CIBC
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2016
I am greeting to clients and identify clients' needs by having conversation with them. I brief introduce new product and services that may benefit clients and refer them to a financial service representative for more detail. I also operate regular deposit and withdraw for personal and business clients.
Amazing team
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2016
It was really good working with my team. Everyone was supportive and worked together to accomplish the goals needed to help CIBC succeed.
Everyday is a new day.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 25, 2016
Each and every day, you get a new challenge. You talk to different types of customers. You need to hit the sales target each day so as to make the upcoming days less challenging.
it is a fun place to work
Project QA Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: friendly Environment, cooperative mangers
Cons: Salary is not competative
management is cooperative , great work culture. Company often send you for training. Gives you a chance to update your skills set.the only set back is salary is not competitive.
It feels Good to meet new people everyday
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2016
The jobs gives opportunity to grow in banking industry and provides various skills to upgrade oneself in terms of providing better customer service.
Productive place to work
Senior IT Project Manager Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Really flexible and friendly. Organized environment with large group of expertise in different fields and background.
Headquarters