CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,307 reviews matching the search
CSR experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 April 2016
My position as a Customer Service Representative has been a fantastic learning experience and has exposed me to an industry that I have never considered working in before.

CIBC is one of the five major Canadian-based financial institutions that, through their main business units (Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management, and Wholesale Banking), provide a wide range of financial products and services. The company places emphasis on being a leader in client relationships while exuding trust, teamwork, and accountability.

My position as a Customer Service Representative on a high level consists of assisting clients complete transactions, helping to resolve client issues, as well as referring clients to Financial Service Representatives to enhance their banking experience. This role has opened my eyes to the world of banking; it has proven to be an industry that I not only excel in, but that I can see myself pursing a career in the future.
Great place to grow. Challenging projects keep you on your toes.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
Overall great place to work. Management is very engaged and will help you with any roadblocks. Technology Operations has recently undergone some organizational changes. A little challenging to find the right people to talk to as a result.
Pros
Independent work environment, great support structure.
Cons
Large numbers of processes in place.
Fun place to work with. Management promotes an environment of trust among managers and reports.
Summer Student-Finance Shared group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2016
Great work culture because of flat structure of hierarchy. Management encourages involvement and interaction, and seniors are highly approachable.
Pros
Great work culture
Minimum 80 hour work week expected to meet goals
Mobile Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario27 June 2016
The Mortgage Advisor Role: Very little support given to new hires. Negatives are highlighted, while positives are down-played. Zero work/life balance.

CIBC as a whole: Making great strides technologically, branch climate is generally happy.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Complicated compensation structure, unrealistic hours to be worked
CIBC is an excellent place to work if you are self motivating.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2017
Their motto that they trust their employees is very true and they work hard to make you feel comfortable entering such a large corporation.

They find ways to make you comfortable and happy which is very unique in such a large corporation.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Slightly isolating
Great Place to Work
Financial Advisor/Digital Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2016
Great benefits, great people, amazing team oriented environment. There is lots of opportunities in different roles across Canada to progress your career in sales or management.
Pros
Great opportunity for career advancement
Cons
High stress
Super job for with great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB4 February 2017
My day would start with balancing the ATM and enjoying the morning coffee with staff. Then move on to getting the till opened and enjoy the day talking with customers. absolutely loved this job
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
cant think of any
best place to work
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
great work culture, would recommend to anyone
have spend my 8 years with the company, which itself explains that how much i am happy with my current job.
i would give cibc a 5 out of 10
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 January 2017
high pressure sales job. too many targets and responsibilities for little pay. only a 30 min break. all management cares about is selling. no appreciation for day to day work that helps clients.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
low pay for the amount of work and responsibility
A great place to work overall!
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 July 2016
I had great variety over my years of service as a Client Service Manager. Worked for fantastic General Managers and many different geographic locations as well as different segments of the bank. I specialized in leading a team of highly productive Sales Associates who worked directly for Financial Advisors. I gained great knowledge of the financial industry including wealth management and small business. The most rewarding part of my role was seeing my team grow and reach their full potential while driving business results. I recruited, coached, mentored and lead a variety of teams with great success. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye when the company restructured.
Pros
Fantastic People
Cons
Company Restructure
Good Advancement
Lead, Advanced Analytics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2016
Management, work life balance, salary and job security are great at CIBC. The job culture is vastly different across the various lines of businesses, which might not be ideal for people who dislike organizational red tape.
Demanding and motivating work environment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On25 September 2016
Working in a fast pace environment to meet client needs is demanding but it creates motivation to learn how to accept these challenges as learning tools. This role teaches one to multi task while making minimal errors with transactions and showing clients multiple channels to do their banking. The management is always supportive and there to motivate their staff to always give 100%.
Productive & Informative Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 January 2017
Typically, I deal with over 100 clients on a daily basis
I learned much about interpersonal relations & finances
My co-workers are dependable and knowledgeable
Hardest part of the job is sales
Pros
Good clientele
Cons
Poor management
Cibc
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB30 January 2017
CIBC is a great friendly environnement, where you can learn a lot and have potential of growth. Disent salary and benefits.
Overall great
IT Project Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
They are trying to be more modern and friendly towards change and better culture, but it's still has a long way to go.

Not much growth depend on the project you are working on.
good work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2017
It is a pretty good experience especially for new grads who want to build career in banking. However, the cibc system is old so it is far harder with cibc than other banking if you are the teller. The balancing process will make you crazy when you are new.
Good Experience
Targeted Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 April 2016
CIBC can be a good employer, however, not too much room for advancement, management is inexperienced and the environment is very stressful. The things they do well: Pay well, Great benefits, Stock purchase plan and training is one of the best i've been through at any company.
Nice workplace with opportunities
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2016
The company has a good work culture and managers are great and supportive. The entire salary structure could be improved to keep the turn over rate low.
Fast paced organisation with lots of growth opportunity
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC19 April 2016
Great place to work...growth opportunity but lots of annoying micro-management, too much pressure to sell which does not make it fun for people who truly love sales and want to build a career out of it.

The focus on sales is a little too much and perhaps management can shift focus on advice and doing what is best for the clients as against focusing on shoving products on them...

Emails are good for communication but i receive more emails in a month than i receive in a year for other top banks i have worked. Most of the emails from management are completely unnecessary but it is the Management and leadership style of increasing the pressure in addition to the excessive conference calls.

The pay is descent and though there is high turnover it also creates growth opportunity. But on the other hand, the fact you have lots of people resigning tells you something about the company. I have had more colleagues resign in CIBC than most places i have worked.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Pressure of work..late hours, lots of unnecessarry emails and conference calls
Friendly project management team, mentored by Manager
Project Coordinator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
Expanding my knowledge and experience in managing projects
Co-workers are friendly to work with
Hardest part of the job is dealing with conflicting management styles
Most enjoyable part of the job is having a loyal, trustworthy manager that is willing to mentor me
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Worked OT on the weekends