CIBC

CIBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to learn and grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 23, 2014
it was a great and fun place to work, plenty to learn the management staff were wonderful
friendly working environment
Developer (Co-op) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: some free lunch
Cons: more tasks
When I worked as a co-op student in this company, all my team members help me adapt to the working environment fast. They guided and coached me how to deal with all challenging tasks. My team not only transferred knowledge to me, but also helped me build up my confidence to work with my project.
Great learning opportunity
Senior Internal Consultant, Risk Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: being in toronto city centre
Cons: long commute
Learned new things about internal controls and banking in general.
Best Work place for Temps.
Mail Clerk ( Temporary Assignment) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: sometimes i get eachiever, and recently i have been quarterly nominated for helping in some projects.
Cons: only pay is less.
According to my review working for CIBC is really great, i have learned lot of things, supervisors, internal culigs all are very supportive.Pay is less in CIBC but for temps is nice to gain lots of experience which is really necessary to get better jobs.
producive and fun place
Conseiller hypoth√©caire mobile (Former Employee), Gatienau PQApril 3, 2014
Pros: travelling
Cons: long hours
Very hard the get the realtors to give you referrals. Great job for customer services. You are part of people's dreams and you help them realise that dream. You must have the capability to learn on your own and relied a lot on your judgement. Help is not always available. The worst part is the delay between the time you submit and the time you get your – more... approval.
Great benefits – less
Excellent banking experience horrendous work/life balance
Advisory Application Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: financial experience, benefits, training
Cons: work/life balance, long hours, inexperienced management, no career advacement
CIBC or at least my unit tends to hire people without banking or capital markets experience which is a huge thing for somebody who wants to get into this field and does not have prior experience, you can learn a lot and they give you lots information about it if you are interested. Co-workers are nice and they like to help each other and they do not – more... judge if you make a mistake. Also I have learned a lot about the process in the organization.

Work/Life balance is horrendous.I have never been worked like that in my whole 10 year career in the field. We had to work full 2 days on the weekends throughout the whole month of January to meet a deadline because management botched the planning and started preaching that we are all going to "fail" if we do not deliver. I even got sick of too much stress and added strain to my personal life. At the end management got their promotions as we were able to deliver after all and the regular developers got nothing, I was told that we should be happy to have a job by the now former manager promoted to be a director.

Get your banking experience and move on... – less
Its a fun sales oriented enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunities for cross training and advancement
Cons: lots of different campaigns going on- hard to tunnel focus
I love working for CIBC. Its given me the opportunity to work in many different communities with different demographics and learn the ins and outs of financial services. Ive help many different roles ranging from customer service to assistant branch manager, which also gives me a range in what my typical day looks like. Ive learned the intricacs of – more... financial services but also the epitome of customer service and how to achieve customer satisfaction on a consistent basis. The connection with people on the daily is what makes this job a stand out when it comes to things i love but it also is one of the hardest parts. comming to the realisation that not everyone is going to be happy with you is one of the toughest you can imagine when youre a perfectionist like myself. – less
Great place to work!
Business Analyst (Full-Time Summer Internship) (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 30, 2014
Loved working there for my summer internships! Continuous growth and a balanced work/life balance fostered. Great environment and experience
General overview of the job
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), BoltonMarch 28, 2014
i Presently assist the Financial Advisor in providing client's with advice surronding the four quadrants of Planning: Cash management, Credit planning, Investment planning, and Protection planning.
Dealing soley with clients with a high net worth and providing them with solutions to grow their new worth and protect them and there families financially.
Challenging Wrok Environment
Network Specialist - Global Network Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
This is a very challenging and demanding work environment, as an IT resource, our group was responsible to maintain and upgrade network infrastructure and build new infrastructure to support new line of business applications.
EASY AND FUN
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 25, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: no challenge, no change
my position is customer service representative in CIBC
it's not a hard job, but you need to reach sales' target every week
It depends where you work and who the manager is
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioMarch 24, 2014
Pros: nothing to mention
Cons: long hours and very stressful
It depends where you work and who the manager is. Overall, it is a good company to work for, however the culture has changed from hiring good people to hiring MBA with no experience or any banking experience
productive and challenging environment to work at
Senior financial processing administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2014
Learned to deal with challenges and learning new skills day by day, establishing team work skills
Busy and always meeting targets
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 19, 2014
Pros: team meetings
Cons: rotating shifts, no food/beverages for the night team
A typical day at work would be prepared for a rotating shifts and adjusting to your daily routine lifestyle. A very busy work environment and gets very little time to learn new things at work. I have leaned a lot about banking and most importantly, I have nourished my problem solving skills. Co-workers are very supportive and friendly. The hardest part – more... of the job is the rotating shifts and hard to believe the poor incentive structure. The most enjoyable part of the job is; it keeps me occupied, it is helping me grow and will always be a stepping stone to future achievements. – less
Overall good training but less Bonus options
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2014
If only Bonuses and comissions could be hiked would it make the employee want to do more.
Productive and Fun
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
Great co-workers, the day is always filled with fun and enjoyment along side determination to make the most out of the day!
Right place to work
Performance Test Analyst (Team Lead) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2014
Work place is wonderful and nothing to complain about. Right place to grow yourself.
Cash handling and wickets
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: working customer service`
Cons: not enough hours
I've learned to work in a fast paced environment with many challenges throughout the day. When I get to work, I have to set up my cash drawers, log on to the computer and start my day. A lot of what I do there is computer work, cash handling, and customer service. I'll help people pay bills, refer to open accounts, and then at the end of the day I have – more... to balance my cash. My co-workers are mostly females, and we all have the same job on the front line. I've ultimately learned how to take my time efficiently, because there can be absolutely no mistakes at the end of the day, if there are then we have to find them. The hardest part of the job would be cross ticking (matching system input to written input). The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people for sure! – less
Challenging and rewarding
Senior Manager, Client Account Management (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: strong team environment, salary and flexible benefits
Cons: its a large organization, change is difficult
CIBC is a complex organization, matrix managed - so relationships and the ability to influence is important. It is always looking at ways to improve performance, contribution, and customer satisfaction. The collections team in Vancouver is highly skilled and performs well. It is a supportive team that works to help everyone succeed. Part of that strength – more... comes from the diversity within. The hardest part of the job is ensuring a collaborative effort and focus exists nationally. It is challenging with regional offices in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal and the competitive approach that is encouraged. The most gratifying/enjoyable part of the job - is the success - having a positive impact on the receivables portfolio through the diligence and hard work required to find the best solutions for the customer and bank. – less
CIBC nice place to work
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 24, 2014
Over all a nice place to work. But need to have more managers who are well qualified and can understand a technology person

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more