CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,072 reviews matching the search
Excellent Place to Build a Career
Manager, Commercial Banking (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 26, 2016
CIBC provides a challenging work environment, recent changes in Commercial Banking have revived a once neglected sector of the bank. However, systems and processes need updating to enable better efficiencies.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Tedious work flow.
Productive and a very good working atmosphere to work
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
There is a lot of work to be done with timelines to complete them. Need to multitask and work as a team as well as an independent worker.
Pros
Lots of social activities to build the team spirit
Cons
At times the job is very demanding
Serious and friendly workplace in CIBC (Card product department)
Transaction Processing Officer (Former Employee) –  750 Lawrence EastDecember 12, 2015
Every morning finish daily report to review and summary work for whole team at last day. Use banking system AS400,TSYS and COINS etc do the work.Checking and identifying customer information and account situation. Transfer, payment, close activities. archival arrangement. Co-workers are happy to help me when I under training. I have to focus on very detail thing to make sure no any mistake. Any mistake can cause costumer money or credit loss.I'm very happy to help reduce work volume due to my fast learning skill and higher work efficiency.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, near to subway
Coworkers and clients are the best part of the job.
Financial Advisor Small Business (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
Lack of support led to advisors dealing with day to day transactions
instead of being an advisor. Culture of mid management was one of bullying, get the numbers or else and if a problem, answer was figure it out yourself.
Pathetic place to work!
Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2015
I am contract employee in the one of the IT departments. The "Director" is very snobbish, arrogant and doesn't give sh@@ to others. He only approves 7.5 working hours, but he expects others to available per his schedule which means extended working hours.

There is no support from his side to his team, all he cares is his reputation to the Sr Director and that's it.There is consultant culture and most of the things are managed by them. There is no say for the internal consultants and every recommendation made is refused where as if anyone from vendor states something even illogical, it is approved right away. The director needs to be replaced with a professional one.
Pros
Big bank big name, upper management is still better
Cons
Micro management, no support for employees/ contractors, worst place to be in for contractors
Overall Experience
Manager of Analytics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
CIBC is a great place to work with an overall positive atmosphere and intelligent, friendly co-workers. Salary can be competitive depending on what department of the bank you work in and depending on the type of mentor/mentee relationship you have.
Pros
Positive Atmosphere
Great Place to Work
Financial Advisor/Digital Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 15, 2016
Great benefits, great people, amazing team oriented environment. There is lots of opportunities in different roles across Canada to progress your career in sales or management.
Pros
Great opportunity for career advancement
Cons
High stress
CIBC Vision is strong and focuses on the Client.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Qualicum Beach, BCDecember 5, 2015
There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from new projects, rolling out products and making sure the staff is being the best they can be and achieving targets. CIBC encourages growth and education and rewards on performance of goals and targets being met . Branches have become lean so you have to be able to multi task to cover areas that might not be in your job description . You will need to be flexible and show your worth and value daily and achieve targets every week. District will move staff around from Branch to Branch , be open to all ideas presented. Team approach in the Branches which adds that value to the client experience.
poor Management
SENIOR ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2016
CIBC is a company where you invest so much of your time but not a good Return. The company Management politics is so much that there is no way for you to get a promotion that easily. It doesn't how hard you work, it is about how much you butter the management to stay on the spot light.
performing banking transactions,friendly staff,feeling helpful to customers
teller cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 3, 2015
My co-workers were extremely helpful and I was given a very good training program. Dealing with the public was an enjoyable part of my day. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell some customers products that the bank offered. This was mandatory but I felt uncomfortable doing this.
Pros
lower interest rates than the general public on loans
Cons
the salary was not great
Great place to work for all. Good company policy, great benefits
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 2, 2016
At CIBC I learned many valuable lessons in teamwork, leadership, and accountability. Excellent team of workers in the branch i was situated at. Great overall place to build a career.
CIBC is committed to employee development and support.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONNovember 25, 2015
Having worked within the financial services industry in the past, I saw an immediate culture difference when I started working at CIBC. It quickly became apparent that not only does CIBC value talent, it helps cultivate it. In other words, employees from all levels of the bank are encouraged to grow their potential and continually think about skill development for future roles.

Working for CIBC has been a wonderful experience. With challenging work, supportive management, enthusiastic colleagues, and a myriad of personal development opportunities, one cannot help but enjoy coming into work in the morning.
Family feeling in a big company
Customer Service Representative/Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Killaloe, ONNovember 24, 2015
I really enjoy serving the clients, but the bank is going in a direction of electronic banking and I am in fear of being replaced by the internet. I love my manager she is encouraging and easy to speak with. I dont always enjoy pushing customers to use other channels of banking but it's my job requirement and when clients tell me they refuse to use other channels I still push them to try. The best part of my job is growing with the clients and building a personal repore with almost every client. They trust my opinion. That feels awsome.
Pros
love the place I work
Cons
not enough hours
CSR experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2016
My position as a Customer Service Representative has been a fantastic learning experience and has exposed me to an industry that I have never considered working in before.

CIBC is one of the five major Canadian-based financial institutions that, through their main business units (Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management, and Wholesale Banking), provide a wide range of financial products and services. The company places emphasis on being a leader in client relationships while exuding trust, teamwork, and accountability.

My position as a Customer Service Representative on a high level consists of assisting clients complete transactions, helping to resolve client issues, as well as referring clients to Financial Service Representatives to enhance their banking experience. This role has opened my eyes to the world of banking; it has proven to be an industry that I not only excel in, but that I can see myself pursing a career in the future.
Wonderful Experience
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
Busy, hectic workplace sales oriented
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 10, 2016
Business ambient, 100% sales target oriented. Must achieve minimum weekly targets. Cold calling is a must.
Constant review of achieved targets-sales target pressure is constant.
Pros
strong company-good beenfits
great envirioment to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCDecember 3, 2015
enjoyed working here over the years, I learned a lot dealing with peoples needs and product knowledge. Had a great management that I got along great with there were very compliable to my needs and hours with my kids. Loved and got along with everyone I worked with we had a great team. The hardest thing I would have to say is leaving my job.
Pros
great benifits
Good workplace with perfect atmosphere to work and learn
Technical Systems Analyst - Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
I worked at CIBC for a year and it was a great journey.
Being an intern I wasn't ever treated as one, had support of all team members and everyone helped in making me learn something new.
Challenging Environment
Information Security Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
CIBC offers a challenging environment that allows for continuous skill development. The major advantage of working at CIBC is the benefits packages they offer to employees.
Benefits
Cons
Formal Environment
enjoyable and professional place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deseronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
always learning everyday; some days very challenging; good co-workers; enjoyable to work & help people; not so much when we could not do anything for client.
Pros
Nice to meet & deal with different people
Cons
Rules seem to change to often