CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I learned that the environment is very unforgiving
Bilingual Transaction Processing Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: flexibility with hours but not enough
Cons: unforgiving environment
The co-workers were lovely but overworked and underpaid and no one lifted their heads up in any kind of ease.

I was always ready to help but it seemed management would only give a little at a time with no formal training.
Exciting, challenging and a productive at work.
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Learning
Cons: Location
Every day is exciting to go to work. There are new challenges to navigate through to complete deliverables. Each task / project demands the best of my ability and gives me a chance to grow as an individual and as a subject matter expert.
Senior Developer at CIBC
Senior Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2015
My job does not challenge me to my full potential. I'm having difficulty moving up within the organization. Work life balance is good and my executive level management are very competent. I'm working on ETL processes in both SAS and Oracle.
Team work
Sr. Business Systems Consultant – Toronto (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2015
Pros: Friendly
Cons: security may slow down deliverables
The team was cooperative for critical mission accomplishments.

The process could be a little not clear specially for the off shore support teams.

thx
Pros and cons
hr (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Big bank, numerous opportunities and good employer brand recognition in the industry.
Cons: Politics
This is a large employer and one of the biggest banks in Canada so there are many career paths and opportunities. With that, there is a lot of process and procedures and management is quick to pigen-hole people if they are doing a good job. If you are with a manager who has credibility with peers and advocates for your career progression, it is a great place.
good work place , good team felt like a family and is very fun .
Specialist of Credit and Dispute (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, free coffee coupons, gifts
Cons: management doesn't accept the given schedule
it was very hard because some customers weren't happy and wouldn't be very polite over the phone . I learned a lot how to guide customers and to keep them calm and to understand their needs and help solving their problems . At the end of the day ,I am happy with my work because I resolved their issues and manage to keep our customers and they are also happy with the service I provide .
Cibc career
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Pros: lunch break
Cons: targets
okay to work with salary and benefits

must have mutual funds

sell all products

team work

year end meet

sunday day off

know your clients
Great Company, Amazing Workplace
Test Automation Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Great work place with supportive work environment, amazing colleagues. Company is focused on ever improving client experience. Appropriate IT processes in place, which everyone in the company is abiding by.

Overall an excellent company which I was honoured to be part of.
Amazing laid back workplace culture
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and events
Working with the I.T. department let me get a taste of the overall experience of the CIBC main office.

The people were fantastic and welcoming. Minus the occasional two-faced nature of some people who send up complaints after giving you a friendly face.

I was able to participate in potlucks, meet different fields of management, and experience other peoples' points of view all in an afternoon.

The work itself was fairly simple:
- Setup PC through imaging
- Setup desk with said PC
- Fix peoples' hardware/software issues
- Take down PCs from terminated users

The hours were wonderful as well, 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm. There was a lot of opportunity for overtime work. In the end of the day, there was plenty of freedom and I would work there again if they would have me.
Team Oriented Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cranbrook, BCNovember 4, 2015
Pros: monthly work gatherings
Cons: Not enough hours.
Work in a team environment, greet clients and offer them benefits that fit their needs. I have learned how to look forward to work every single day and have a positive outlook on helping others as well as quickly problem solve. There were many different aspects of the job and the hardest part was not being trained completley on all of them, therefore making it hard to achieve customer satisfaction all the time. Most enjoyable part of the job was achieveing weeekly teamwork goals, with a healthy competition to help us succeed and meet those goals.
Wide range of opportunities to learn about and contribute to CIBC's business goals.
Sr. Consultant Business Development (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
Provides a multitude of interesting and challenging opportunities to make a real contribution to CIBC's business. While CIBC operates under an overall umbrella and business unit are interrelated, each business unit is distinct and provides different opportunities.
credit adjuticator
Credit Service Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Free trainngs
Cons: overtimes
was contract position but it was pleasant to work. Management was helpful. but it was contract job, for 6 months only. learned a lot and happy about it
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North Bay, ONNovember 3, 2015
I fond working at CIBC an interesting position as I learnt a lot about banking in which I did not know prior to working there.

I enjoyed the team members and the corporate atmosphere. Reaching sales targets etc.
Great learning experience
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 27, 2015
CIBC values their clients and staff. It was a wonderful place to grow and learn. The on going training was really helpful.
Productive, problem solving, efficient working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Banff, ABOctober 26, 2015
Day to day client problem solving give me the avenue to relate product knowledge as well as research unknown answers. I schedule hourly appointments for financial service representatives which is also a part of meeting daily targets and even bigger aspect of teamwork. Entering clients deposits accurately and effectively is a part of my data entry as well as ability to keep information confidential. Each day brings its new challenges but a new lesson is learnt with each challenging day so that in itself is a bonus.
Senior Financial Advisor CIBC Imperial Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 25, 2015
Successfully managed a portfolio of high net worth clients.
Helped these clients with their complete financial planning by setting up financial goals and helping they successfully reaching them.
Had great success with mortgage sales, currently leading my district with mortgage sales.
Over 23 Million in mortgage sales for the year 2015.
Constantly grew my portfolio of client’s through client referrals and networking.
Grew my client portfolio from 65 million to 95 million in the year 2015.
Helped client's with their investment needs and provided them with various investments solutions offered by CIBC.
CIBC
Financial Services Representative II (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 25, 2015
CIBC allowed me to expand my skill set and knowledge of Lending, Credit Planning, Investments and Advisory services. This role has allowed me to tie my Educational background into my daily meetings with clients, and educate them on products and services.
CIBC offers great benefits and opportunities for learning
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2015
CIBC offers great benefits and opportunities for learning. This is my 2nd time working for CIBC and I have always found my managers to be supportive of my learning goals and professional development.
Busy, busy, busy
Bilingual Precious Metals Online Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2015
Very busy department where it was essential to be able to make quick decisions and rely on your own experience and problem-solving skills.
Productive, fast-paced, and fun
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Great work place with supportive management and colleagues. The company fosters a growing and developing environment that allows you to move forward in your career.
Headquarters