CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,316 reviews matching the search
Super job for with great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB4 February 2017
My day would start with balancing the ATM and enjoying the morning coffee with staff. Then move on to getting the till opened and enjoy the day talking with customers. absolutely loved this job
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
cant think of any
good work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2017
It is a pretty good experience especially for new grads who want to build career in banking. However, the cibc system is old so it is far harder with cibc than other banking if you are the teller. The balancing process will make you crazy when you are new.
Traditional environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
Always busy, constantly speaking to clients and learning about different perspectives. Understanding what habits lead to problems and successful situations and teaching clients about alternatives.
Pros
At the forefront of bank, meet the most amount of clients
Cons
bank prioritizes business over personal life
good place to work with lots of shift change
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2017
good place to work for short duration because there is no stability in the work environment and did not find any personal and professional growth. But overall CIBC is a good place to work with experience people.
Cons
unstability
human rights
service desk specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
CIBC is at the edge of the law when hiring or accommodating people with disabilities. However they would rather involved legal department and spend thousand in fighting Human Rights Commission then accommodate a person with mental disabilities.
Pros
good salary and good benefits
Cons
no job security
Credit Counsellor
Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 September 2016
Developed my management skills which are transferable to the legal field. Working as a credit counselor for CIBC gave me great exposure to the client oriented service. I have been passionate about the operational excellence and client experience leading to profitable growth. Client account management, conflict resolution, and negotiated settlements are some of my strong assets. Solutions included referring clients for in-house debt-consolidation based on their financial capacity assessment. This had a manifold impact, both to the bank and to their clients: bank losses were reduced, clients were retained within the bank, and client-credit was rehabilitated.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Sitting job 8 hours long
busy and productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 September 2016
co-workers are very understanding and help our with any problem.
I mostly interact with customers the whole day and teach them about digital banking as well as serve them. I help them with any bank transactions such as (withdrawal,deposits, making drafts, money orders, replace debit cards) I have taught many clients about online banking and how to have an easy access to banking even at home. the best part is when customers love my service and rate my service a 10 out of 10. The hardest part is when clients come in the bank with an angry mood. Even though it is tough with those specific clients,it helps me to practice my patience and my skills in order to talk to them respectfully in that scenario.
Pros
free snacks and sometimes lunches
Cons
extra random long hours
Wonderful place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Fraser Lake, BC9 September 2016
I really enjoyed working at CIBC. The management and staff were all good to work with. I only left due to relocating back to Ontario from BC. I had quite a lot of responsibility there. I ran several fund raising campaigns, was responsible for the balancing and care of the ATM machine, handled mutilated and all foreign cash, did deposits, cash withdrawals, bill payments, wires, cables, supply ordering for the branch, etc. The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers. However, this can be turned into the easiest part of the job if handled in a caring and professional manner.
Pros
The Customers
Cons
Hour cut back
Co-op placement made for a great experience
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Worked a 4 month placement in Toronto with an awesome team that spent the effort showing me the ropes. The managers were patient with me till I was self-sufficient and were willing to give me more responsibility to help with the ongoing projects.
Typical retail sales environment.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2017
Ok compensation but unpaid overtime hours and unrealistic sales expectations are draining. Management is usually under pressure to pressure the sales staff to pressure clients to buy products they don't really need. This often results in frustrated and abusive managers. Software is painfully outdated with three to four programs needed just to open a chequing account for a client. Opening a mutual fund is unnecessarily complex and disclosures that should be part of the paperwork aren't included, though they are at competitors. The bank is also over-leveraged with its lending so giving a loan to someone is nearly impossible. Where it is possible, TD and RBC will be able to offer a more competitive rate and clients will let you know this.

Clients and colleagues generally make the role worthwhile but nothing else does.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Cons
Long Hours, Management culture varies from branch to branch
Productive & Informative Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 January 2017
Typically, I deal with over 100 clients on a daily basis
I learned much about interpersonal relations & finances
My co-workers are dependable and knowledgeable
Hardest part of the job is sales
Pros
Good clientele
Cons
Poor management
Fun and work
Network Technical Specialist - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
Most of the management in my department was great. Learned a lot of skills at this company. Great co-workers. Work gets done at the end and all go home happy.
I heard annual bonus is better at the other banks comprising the big 5.
Pros
Monthly lunch (depends on which department you are with)
Cons
Bonus
Good place to work.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2016
A typical day at work is a morning meeting, checking messages, prepping for meetings, meeting with clients, putting clients plan into place and following up. You're on the phone a lot calling clients to get them to come in to review their financial situation. There's a lot to lean. You report to the branch manager, some are great. You are not too involved with anybody higher up than the branch manager. Co-workers depend on the branch. There's very high targets. Very fulfilling job if you are driven to succeed and enjoy helping people.
Great Work Place to Work
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  40 Dundas St. Toronto28 October 2016
The culture of the company is great. An environment where you can build easy, flexible and personalized banking solutions for CIBC clients while broading your technical knowledge and expertise. The chance to network and work with senior leaders across Technology and the bank. A great place to work.
typical corporate bank enviroment
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2017
High sales targets, moderately low pay but good benefits. Some room for advancement if you keep up your sales numbers and your licenses. Job security and hours are not bad.
Pros
benefits, holidays
Cons
low pay, high expectations
Friendly project management team, mentored by Manager
Project Coordinator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
Expanding my knowledge and experience in managing projects
Co-workers are friendly to work with
Hardest part of the job is dealing with conflicting management styles
Most enjoyable part of the job is having a loyal, trustworthy manager that is willing to mentor me
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Worked OT on the weekends
High pace fun working environment
Branch Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 January 2017
CIBC is a leading member of the Windsor/Essex community, Being a part of this team was rewarding on many levels. I enjoyed the customer facing aspect of my role and the behind the lines support I was able to offer my peers
hard-worker,teamplayer
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2017
As a financial service representative at CIBC, I received extensive sales and credit training related to CIBC products and services. I met client needs and ensured the highest quality of service and advice was delivered.
Overall A Good Place to Work
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 September 2016
CIBC was a fast-paced and sometimes stressful location with many of the sales employees walking off the floor in tears from the stress of meeting quotas. I didn't have such quotas but was still under a great deal of pressure to get my duties done in a timely manner. I work well under pressure and time constraints but sometimes it was too much.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stress from Time Constraints
Wonderful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 January 2017
I loved working there. The general mood, and benefits were wonderful. The hours were flexible, and our superiors very kind and understanding. There were many possibilities for advancement. All and all, a great work environment.