CIBC

CIBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Branch
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), Prince Albert, SKJanuary 17, 2014
We as a branch do as many activities together including : group lunches, one department taking turns making lunch or breakfast for the others, bowling etc. Cibc as a whole does not contribute to these activities but our branch helps to keep morale and communications open between the departments as there is such a segregation between the departments – more... due to branch layout.
I have worked with some of my co-workers for over 20 years and have a great relationship with them.
The hardest part of my job resently is the turnover in Financial Advisors and having to train someone every 6 months. This year alone there has been 3 advisors. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is client satisfaction. I get commented on a weekly basis from my clients on my " Excellent Customer Service". That is my reward. – less
Chaotic environment
Sr. Unix Storage Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto,ONJanuary 17, 2014
Management at all levels don't take responsibility to upgrade the OS/ SW versions and as such, some are out of support.
Long hours, no recognition, poor or no training,
Bank Manager (Former Employee), Hay River, NTJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: average pay and benefits
Cons: obtaining assistance with archaic procedures was arduous and time consuming.
Archaic environment, continuous lost documents resulting in repeating procedures, sales driven with little client care.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
Assistant Support Leader (Current Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 7, 2014
MULTITASKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS.
TEAM BULIDING.
PEOPLE ARE FRIENDLY AND THERE IS A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IN THE COMPANY WITH GOOD INCENTIVES AND BENIFITS.
fun place to work, management and staff was great to work with .I really enjoyed working with CIBC
Customer Service and Bank Teller (Former Employee), Dresden, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: we worked as a team, management was good and the customers were wonderful
Cons: low salary, benefits weren't great
A typical day was to have a meeting first thing in the morning before the branch opened . we would run cash for the day and balance at the end of the day . Through the day we would deal with our customers and address their needs. My co-workers were excellent to work with and management was great.
Supporting Team
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: working with team
Cons: not being able to serve people in longer hours as the branches was closed after 5 pm.
A typical day was a day that I submitted the mortgage documents close the deal, and money was released in client's account.

What I learned was working with a team and supporting some advisers and help each other to meet our targets.

Time management was essential.

My co-workers were all nice. We worked together and helped each other to learn more

The – more... hardest part that I didn't like very much was because I was with Imperial service, I was not able to serve walking clients.

The most enjoyable part was when the team could meet their target successfully. – less
great employer
Senior Personal Banking Representative (Current Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 3, 2014
Senior Personal Banking Representative required that I become a trusted solution-oriented individual with a financial sales and client service experience to provide customized advice to clients as well as building relationships with these clients.
Fast paced environment requiring critical thinking
Customer Service Specialist CSCC Credit Cards (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 30, 2013
Pros: goal based reward
Cons: no advancement opportunity
Days at CIBC are spent assisting customers with various questions and concerns about their credit products to help balance their accounts and to ensure that they are getting the most from the products that they hold. this is accomplished by assessing their situation based on what the information of file to guide them towards positive growth in the future. – more... The management in the centre provided appropriate support to guide the day to day function. The best aspect of the job had to be the diverse group of people that I had the chance to work with. – less
Nice company to work and build career in banking
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 29, 2013
Pros: training program
Cons: intake program
Good communication between management and employees.
Various activities and casual days for social purposes was fun.
And great training program. I learnt alot about banking.
Financial Sales
Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits and a chance for movement
Cons: long hours and dealing with a bad mannered customers.
Typical day at works starts with a morning meeting reviewing targets and achievements, getting ready for the day and tying up loose ends from yesterday, in the small branch like mine was I was involved with opening procedures and with helping opening the vault and getting the tellers ready for the day usually in the larger branches as an FSR you are – more... not required. I have learned to be patient and more understanding of our customers, and allowing the bad criticism or a terrible mannered customer not to bother me and just let it slide off. The hardest part of the job is getting clients to sit down and figure our where their financial weaknesses are and how to fix this which usually involves selling a product to the client, getting the client to agree to follow what you have suggested. – less
Productive work place with Good company culture
Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
Good work culture with lots of fun in work place
Periodic Performance appraisal with Recognition from Management
Mortgage Processor
Mortgage Processing Officer - (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
Worked for a month in the Mortgage Department processed mortgagee.
Good environment to work
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), North York, ONDecember 15, 2013
- Nice work environment
- Lot of opportunity to learn new stuff
New Challenge every single minute makes you feel excited
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Regina, SKDecember 14, 2013
Pros: great support by management
>engaging the clients and discovering the needs
> Great support by management
> New campaigns make thing challenging and excited
Horrible Place to Work
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 13, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
CIBC is a horrible place to work. All employees other than management are under payed, over-worked and over stressed. To management, all employees are just a means to an end of reaching their own targets for their own personal gain.
Productive and good place to grow up in career
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 12, 2013
CIBC is very supportive in helping and recognizing talents in their employees
Just another number
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2013
No different than any other bank. Its all the same. Management is in it for themselves, with you simply being their last thought.
low pay
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto,ONDecember 3, 2013
Tellers are undervalued, they make close to minimum wage.
They do so much work and yet the pay is the lowest on the team.
I left because I could not stand working for minimum wage for all the responsibilities that a teller had to deal with.
Mortgage Advisor
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee), edmonton, abNovember 29, 2013
As a Mortgage Advisor I was able to set my own working hours. It was a very fast paced environment, always on the go. Important to build relationships.
Productive and result-oriented workplace.
Mortgage Records Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: growth opportunity, appreciation days, fun days eg, office olympics, amazing race
Cons: no benefits.
Working at CIBC has taught me a lot about the Canadian workforce. I learnt the core values, the vision and missions of CIBC, I got trained on these and proper tarining on my role as well.
The management at CIBC is always supportive of helping me grow my career and explore new opportunities.
My co-workers exercise team work, accountability as well as – more... trust. I am confident that, would I be not able to make it to work on any day, they not only cover for me, but they also update me of how the day went. Whenever I face anything that is hard, I always have someone to go to to ask for help and I always get it.
What I enjoy most about my job is that I could never be bored because there is availability of learning new skills and different duty roles because of the cross-training and coaching program. I also get the opportunity to develop my own personal skills through the Individual Development Plan program, which is really useful and gives me a chance to grow myself, meeting my job requirements at the same time. CIBC also allows me to come up with ways that I feel will make my wok more easier and desirable through Continuous Improvement ideas submitted to management. – less

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more