CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Senior sales financial services representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
Pros: great team.
Cons: long hours.
great company to work for; they take care of their employees. Good opportunities for growth. no complaints.
CIBC also has a very diverse network for all its employees and a lot of opportunities to be affiliated with different volunteer groups.
na
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2016
nice, friendly environment, fast pace, sales oriented, over time opportunities, lot of sales opportunities, open door policy,
Good Place To Work
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 26, 2016
Good Place To Work Meeting New Clients and Finding Solutions Everyday throughout conversation and developing deep client relationships in the workplace
Diverse and valuable enivornment.
Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2016
The team is nice to work with. Overall it was a really rewarding atmosphere.

The most enjoyable part of my time at CIBC was the ability to pick up new skills (such as SQL) and leverage it in my next career.
Job security is falling
Macro Strategist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: OK perks
Cons: Job security
Not much job security, especially if you are over 50. Hours are long, but that is the nature of the beast. Co-workers were great, especially my colleagues in trading
I know I would be a compasionate, determed counselor to help those who are looking for a healthy way of life.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMarch 19, 2016
Pros: Just being there to help, doing whatever i can to help some one know they can live a happier life.
Cons: The clients who cannot see a healthy future evn after completing our six month program
My review is towards Hope Acres. I started the day by going to church with the other counselors and all clients, this was very enlightening for my myself as I watch the clients engage in the topic of conversation, no matter what the discussion entailed.
We then went to group session for check in, where all clients shared how they were feeling that day, if was necessary to discuss certain situations immediately so the group could share.
We then when would continue with one to one counselling.
The clients would then have activity

I learned the fear that those suffering were not only fearful of the safe bubble they were in but what they would experience when heading out to the real world. This is why giving them the tools to live a healthy life style were vital.

The Management was amazing and in control at all times,. with this said, they were respected for the job the job they did at all times as the clients new these were

My coworkers were amazing, they taught me a lot.

One of the hardest parts of the job was refusing clients their outside visits, at times their agenda did not fit into to their success of sobriety, but as their sobriety was the goal, little things that were harmful to this had to be set aside.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching these men graduate with the knowing that they could not return to the life style they arrived here from.
Wonderful Experience
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
Working for CIBC has been a wonderful experience. With challenging work, supportive management, enthusiastic colleagues, and a myriad of personal development opportunities, one cannot help but enjoy coming into work in the morning.
Fun to work with but not a Career solution.
(Teller)(CSR) (Current Employee), 9903 - 82nd aveMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Sometimes work is extremely dead.
Cons: Advancement is really hard.
Love the job, meeting clients who come in on a regular basis. Thats the best part of the job, talking with clients and building relationship.
Fun place to work until restructuring.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Fun place to work had a great team.
Cons: sometimes extra hours worked
Good place to work with good benefits but restructuring in process leading to job eliminations. Enjoyed meeting clients and assisting all team members. Difficult to adhere to job description duties only.
Good Place to work for!!
TEST ANALYST (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Hard to get into the organization. Reference plays a major role. But it is really a good place to work, with good balance between work and life.
Fun Crdial Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2016
Pros: short work hours, vague communication in terms of advancement
Cons: great place to work, great training, great work environment
I come in greet and engage my colleagues, if there are any follow up calls to clients I need to make from the day before I do so, get ready to process client requests while trying to find products that we have that might be beneficial to the client of help save them money if they are using a product (eg a particular bank account) that's is not beneficial to them.
Great benefits, poor job security
Personal Banker (Former Employee), New Minas, NSMarch 12, 2016
Pros: Short hours for decent salary, good benefits
Cons: Stressful work.
Great benefits / treated very well when doing well, nothing but a number to get rid of later. Little chance for advancement.
Great organization
Senior IT Consultant / PM-BA (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 12, 2016
Great organization, Great management, Great team, Great professionals, Great achievements, very busy and productive working days, very supportive, collaborative, great team chemistry.
Productive and a very good working atmosphere to work
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
Pros: Lots of social activities to build the team spirit
Cons: At times the job is very demanding
There is a lot of work to be done with timelines to complete them. Need to multitask and work as a team as well as an independent worker.
Busy, hectic workplace sales oriented
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: strong company-good beenfits
Business ambient, 100% sales target oriented. Must achieve minimum weekly targets. Cold calling is a must.
Constant review of achieved targets-sales target pressure is constant.
Great working envirnment
Accounts Receivable / Third Party Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
Fast paced and professional environment with constant learning opportunities. All the places I have worked for are very good and gives room for personal growth and development
CIBC has allowed me to gain the knowledge I need to move forward in my career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 9, 2016
I am responsible for ensuring customers have an exceptional experience dealing with CIBC by engaging with clients and demonstrating the fact that their business is highly valued.  I assist clients with day to day transactions, and extend their relationship with CIBC by identifying gaps in their financial needs.
Excellent place to work
Manager of Sales and Service (Former Employee), Coronach, SKMarch 8, 2016
Pros: good working environment, great company
Cons: Don't have anything.
Yes i can say that i really loved to work with my colleagues. Very good organization to start with. Success and progression in CIBC is depends on how you are working.
great right out of high school. That's about it.
Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
Pros: I had a sweet manager
Cons: under pay
Pay is not great and they keep you at part time hours for as long as they can. You feel stifled and when you present your qualifications that apply to the job, they ignore them.
Cibc
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 4, 2016
Pros: Salary, Bonus, Benefits
Cons: Schedule Hours, Parking
Very good salary, bonuses, and benefits.
Scheduling was a bit harsh, and the location was poor unless you use public transportation. Parking is expensive, and they do not offer free employee parking of any kind.
Sales targets were pretty intense.
Headquarters