CIBC

CIBC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great team members and peers - very knowledgeable and informed.
Senior Manager Disaster Recovery (BCM) Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
No two days are the sam e- Always learning something new and or interesting regarding Business or Service (Technical portfolio's ) of Continuity Management . Work was always interesting. Enjoyed the interaction between myself and clients / vendors. Enjoyed doing trouble shooting and practicing "out of the box thinking " to ensure LOB and department work priorities and numerous goals are met.
Fun workplace
Senior IT Manager (Current Employee), torontoFebruary 3, 2015
Busy and lots of challenges
deal with issues with a calm and peaceful approach
Good and helpful
good and helpful
Untrained users
Challeges new and old
Amazing Employees and Phenomenal Job Culture
Level 4 Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: amazing people, ample opportunity for advancement
Cons: training lacks consistency and direction, transperancy is valued but not exhibited, lacks job security.
While working at CIBC, I had the privilege of meeting some very intelligent and inspiring individuals. A typical day at work would begin with calendar management, to ensure my two Senior Directors were aware of the days events, and so that appropriate time management could take place throughout the day.
My typical day would also consist of an array of requests ranging from onboarding a new employee, completing expense reports, arranging off-site meetings, providing security & print cards, or just ensuring all team members have appropriate tools and supplies available to them at all times.
My team was estimated to be approximately 145 people in total, and residing at locations ranging from Downtown Toronto, Mississauga, North York, and India.
I was an active member of many committees including the Health and Safety, Employee Appreciation, and the Diversity Day Committee. I also was nominated to be the Female Searcher for the Fire Committee as well.
While at CIBC, I had the opportunity to learn many things from the Managers that I had the pleasure of supporting. They have taught me many aspects of the financial industry that will benefit me in my future endeavours, as well as providing me with ample opportunities to increase my level of knowledge within a Corporate Environment.
The hardest part of the job was having to say no to a team member when priorities needed to handled for a Director's request. However, I had an incredibly supportive team and was able to help as soon as the action item had been handled.
I truly enjoy assisting people as well as watching them grow and prosper – more... within a team environment. This position allowed me to do that.
But, I must say that the most enjoyable part of my position was being able to remain true to myself and bring a little enthusiasm and charity into the team. I would initiate themed team meetings and refreshments, random activities to build team spirit and, organize functions such as a indoor mini-putt Tournament to raise money for Charity.
Overall, it was a very pleasurable experience and I would like to thank my team for the opportunity of working with such phenomenal and amazing individuals! – less
Cibc
Part- time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 2, 2015
The best part and most enjoyable part of my job were my interactions with the clients I helped each day. During my time with Cibc I learned great time management skills and the importance of doing everything right first time.
fun days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winfield, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: meet new clients and learn new things everyday
Cons: grumpy customers
awesome all I all fun to work with new people and meet new clients and produce friends that come in on a regular basics. management was awesome and co-workers were awesome too.
It is good place to work
Mortgage Processing Officer (Current Employee), ToronotFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: sometimes we get breakfast and lunch.
Cons: as contract worker for5 years through manpower agent, still waiting for the opporunity to becom fulltime
Sometimes it is heavy volume so prepared to stay and complete, also there is sometimes processing issue - the application in not good order so it has to be declined unless otherwise it cleared by phone or email.
via resume
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), toronto,ontFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation
Cons: none to list
-deliver exceptional customer experience to network of clientele
-maintained ongoing positive attitude within the workplace
-overall positive work experience throughout the company
-promoting and maintaining team work in order to achieve success
Nice place to work - Diversity at its height
Information Security Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: career growth
I love working at CIBC but I believe its time to move. It has been more than 2 and a half years now and I need a career jump that I cannot see here in near future.
The job is good for fresh graduate with no prior experience in Finance field
Senior Fund Accountant, Investment Fund Services (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
The job itself is not hard. You can learn some good stuff about mutual funds. People there are quite young and energetic. The working hour is not good
Good place for learning
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), 750 lawrence Ave torontoJanuary 27, 2015
Customer Service Rep
Contractual job - no benefits, management is good, loads and tons of learning
Nice work culture
Advisory Application Developer (Current Employee), 130 Adelaide Road, ToronotJanuary 27, 2015
• Designed and developed many ETL solutions for enriching and applying business rules and loading the data from many raw feeds into the functional Data warehouse.
• In parallel to new feed development, involved in production support work for the existing feeds
• Migrated the mappings/workflows from development to UAT and PROD. environment.
• Working on the Migration of Informatica 7.1 to Informatica 9
• Improved the performance of the mappings and SQL queries
• Developed Autosys scripts to schedule and execute the application
I enjoyed the variety of my workday
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day included:
- offering investment advice to clients
- providing mortgage and loan solutions
Fun Workplace with alot of challenge
Agent Prevention de la fraude (Current Employee), MontrealJanuary 19, 2015
Unfortunately my job does not allow to describe what we do in details but, a fraud prevention agent is essientialy there to respond to clients that have identified possible fraud on their credit card statements or to help clients that have been blocked by our systems.
wonderful workplace that offers a wide variety of opportunities for improving your knowledge and skills
Contractor (Former Employee), 199 Bay street, CCW - Toronto, OntarioJanuary 19, 2015
Good working place
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2015
The working place is good. I learned many things. Management level was very good. Co-workers were very helpful.Did not find any hardest part in job. everyone was very cooperative and friendly.
My work summary and duties
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), vaughanJanuary 12, 2015
In a typical day I would check my calendar in the morning and work based on things to do. Things to do would include, meet clients for financial analysis or needs, make calls to book more appointments for following week, helped our tellers in times of need, such as long line ups. Manage branch in the absence of management, follow up and complete mortgage applications that need it completion and ensure it was approved and documents were completed as per guidelines. Ensured general administration tasks were completed. Greeted and served clients with polite and very friendly manager.
Good place to gain experience
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: highly organized
Cons: constantly changing environment
Good people and management
Good co-workers
Timings vary depending upon the department
High paced financial institution with emphasis on speed and accuracy
Customers Service representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great locations, great management co-workers constant chance to grow and learn, great client case
Cons: varying hrs, constant new information, low salary for amount of work/level of accuracy required
 Processing transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, bill payments, certifying checks, processing money orders and drafts, and international wire transfers
 Cash handling and balancing thousands of dollars a day
 Observing opportunities to better serve clients such as suggesting new investments opportunities or ways to better balance portfolios increasing client loyalty and satisfaction
 Receiving daily product and regulatory updates to better serve and inform clients
 Insuring the authenticity of documents and cash deposits through internal procedures.
 Verifying clients identities through id signatures and proper questions to protect both Cibc and their client assets from fraud
Geniuses
Accounts Officer (Former Employee), 155 Britannia streetJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Every single person that I worked there was very hard working and on top of that has unique expertise and look like that it is a home of geniuses.
Good experience
Senor Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), MississaugaJanuary 4, 2015
Good company
Hires new immigrants
Typical day is very busy. Late evenings
Management is proactive
Co-workers are great
Targets are tough but achievable
Helping clients is the most enjoyable part

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more