CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A life lesson
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 1, 2014
A typical day consisted of completing banking transactions for clients, wire transfers, balance and edit of our cash and mailing.

Although I loved the customer service and all administrative duties I was involved in, I definitely learned that being a bank teller was not for me. I felt stuck in this position with no daily fulfillment.

The management – more... was very friendly and helpful. An open door policy was in place and I felt comfortable with approaching the manager with any concerns or inquiries.

Unfortunately, the branch I worked at had a lot of turn around. Many of the staff did not stay very long. Although, the few that were veterans were very kind and helpful.

The hardest part of my job was knowing that everyday was the same routine with no real direction for me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients. The regulars became like family and friends. Seeing them smile added a little fulfillment to my day. – less
Educational
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Coniston, ONOctober 1, 2014
Good enviroment, learned lots.
Fine place to start off in the financial world
Overall a good company to work for
various (Former Employee), Edmonton and LeducOctober 1, 2014
Pros: reward and recognition program
I have held a number of positions with CIBC.
Started as a teller and worked my way to Assistant Branch Manager.
Over the years I have acquired many skills and worked with many teams.
Busy
Account Transfers Senior Customer Service Officer (Current Employee), 22 front streetSeptember 29, 2014
time will go by so fast, because your constantly busy on the phones. environment is friendly, supervisor is great.
Financial services Rep
Financial services Representive (Former Employee), TORONTOSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: low lending rates for employees
Cons: low pay ..lobbying ..many more
I am associated with CIBC since last year. This is the worst work experience of my life. The bank and its policies are really good, but the management and senior level officers are totally biased and cruel. They say do best for client, but in reality they are haunting yu to make 6-8 sales from one meeting. No balance of personal and work life. You are – more... expected to work in your lunch time and even when branch is closed. I am very dissappointed not from them but my self that i spend all these month following this horrible culture in hope that later on everything will be settled. This bank is good for retired and old age people not for young people as all senior managers are old and near to retirement..they expect more work from new FSRs and irrespective of the fact how low is the pay scale. Its all about review , meetings , sales and outbound calls, sometines you feel that you are working in call centre. I dont want to be offensive and that just my view. Bank is great... managers are not even humans. – less
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Help customers with day to day banking needs. Be the first point of contact. Balance your own cash at the end of every shift
Among Top 5 Canadian Banks
Sr.Credit Counselor (Former Employee), Toronto,OnSeptember 18, 2014
Helping clients to manage their credit and debts in a better way to gain financial control.
Learned Canadian workplace culture.
Productive and Fun environment to work
Financial Sales Representative & Credit Specialist (Current Employee), Halifax,NSSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: lots of incentives
Cons: n/a
Handling all Clients Credit needs
Advising and recommending best lending solutions to fit every client's individual and personal situation.
Communicate and follow-up with Senior underwriters about specifics and particular file.
Everyday is a new learning opportunity
Great team work environment
Great team Manager support
Best and worse part of the job – more... : helping clients to better their financial situation and being able to make a difference in people's life!
Not being able, from credit lending criterias standpoint, to help client to better their financial situation. – less
excellent work place, good management
various positions (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 17, 2014
Excellent team work, lots of great employees I worked with and still friends with
A fast paced work environment with everyday challenges
Customer Service Representative- Head teller (Current Employee), SaskatoonSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, hour long lunches, bank hours, better than minimum wage
Cons: institution's lack of compassion towards employee, compensation
A typical day at work was 8:30 til 5 dealing with everyday transactions for clients as well as other banking needs. I learned additional information in the banking field from financial sales representatives and managers with a wealth of experience. My branch worked together as a team lead by a single general manager branching down the two assistant – more... branch managers followed by employees such as financial service represenatives and customer services representatives (myself). The hardest part of the job was attempting to adhere to the sales goals the district placed upon the branch as a whole. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team to attempt and achieve these goals – less
Review
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Yellowknife, NTSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free gas
Cons: lots of outing
accounting and book keeping
good team effort
all are good ppls to work with
the software
the supervisor
Great team and working environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great team spirit
This was a big booster! excellent staff and IT team headed by a fantastic PM.
Flexible working hours, ability to work remotely
Senior Category Manager (Category Director) (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: remote work style
High scale projects within Corporate security category.
Very talanted director and a good leader managing my overal job
collaborative co-workers
Good Start To Banking Industry
Personal Banker / Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2014
-Sales Oriented Focus
-Provide the most efficient and effective level of customer service experience
-Good co-workers
-Need based selling
-Create opportunities to cross sell and maximize the branch business
Credit Service Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Training covered everything needed for the position. The team and co-workers was very helpful and fun to work with.
Easy to learn what was required
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONSeptember 7, 2014
l would enjoy working at a bank such as CIBC again. The job is very well structured and you can constantly learn more about advancement and take courses during down time while at work. It always seemed like hours were available to pick up and it was enjoyable helping clients figure out their banking needs.
Not a recommended workplace
Supervisor, Investment Fund Services (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Not a recommended workplace
No appreciation to workers
No compensation / reward to high performing employee
employer
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONSeptember 3, 2014
I have had a great experience and knowledge about the retail banking and ready for the next venture.
Diverse workplace with CSR focus
Senior Content Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2014
CIBC Mellon is an excellent company to work for. The organization excels at CSR initiatives and is great at encouraging participation from all employees.

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more