CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good for starteres.
Specialist - Credit Cards (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Good company to work for the experience in Canadian banking and work culture. For the beginners its a great company to learn and earn
Productive and nice workplace with good people
Casg Support Unit Specialist (Former Employee), CASGJanuary 3, 2016
good place to work and make connections, gained a good experience and met a wonderful people here and have learned many skills
Great people
PERSONAL BANKING REPRESENTIVE (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 2, 2016
Good people to work with. Can get stressful at times but so can anywhere you work, it's fast paced and but overall good place to work.
good
Risk Analyst, Capital Markets Risk Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
-good work/life balance with decent salary and benefits

-laid back culture

-good managers

-bad part of job is the slow IT department
Productive and fund work environment
Fund Accountant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: super busy after 4:30. Could be stay very late
must be efficient in doing works everyday. There is a very tight time line. People can be trained solve problem fast and work under pressure.
Thriving to be the best within its sector.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 28, 2015
The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is a great working environment that embraces constant innovation and emphasize focus on great customer experience.
Amazing Job Culture and Employees
QA Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2015
Pros: training provided, upgrading provided, opportunity to advance, good staff
As promised a lot of advancement and employees were very well taken care of.Learned a lot about the process in the organization.
The majority of my co-workers were fun to work with and we developed a great working relationship.
Pathetic place to work!
Architect (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2015
Pros: Big bank big name, upper management is still better
Cons: Micro management, no support for employees/ contractors, worst place to be in for contractors
I am contract employee in the one of the IT departments. The "Director" is very snobbish, arrogant and doesn't give sh@@ to others. He only approves 7.5 working hours, but he expects others to available per his schedule which means extended working hours.

There is no support from his side to his team, all he cares is his reputation to the Sr Director and that's it.There is consultant culture and most of the things are managed by them. There is no say for the internal consultants and every recommendation made is refused where as if anyone from vendor states something even illogical, it is approved right away. The director needs to be replaced with a professional one.
excellent
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto and SydneyDecember 22, 2015
Pros: good location
Cons: ?
guidance provided
training provided
upgrading provided
excellent benefits
opportunity to advance
good staff
clients well known
It's a GOOD place
Implementation IT Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
If you love working in a bank this a good place. Nice working environment and enjoyable co-workers. The locations is great as well
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
FINANCIAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCDecember 9, 2015
GOOD PLACE TO WORK, PROFESSIONALISM, GOOD CULTURE, TOP BANKS IN CANADA , EXCELLENT STANDARDS.........................................
The people make the job
FINANCIAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), High River, ABDecember 7, 2015
The training was not great, and they expect a lot from you and return very little.
The people made the job more enjoyable then anything.
CIBC Vision is strong and focuses on the Client.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Qualicum Beach, BCDecember 5, 2015
There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from new projects, rolling out products and making sure the staff is being the best they can be and achieving targets. CIBC encourages growth and education and rewards on performance of goals and targets being met . Branches have become lean so you have to be able to multi task to cover areas that might not be in your job description . You will need to be flexible and show your worth and value daily and achieve targets every week. District will move staff around from Branch to Branch , be open to all ideas presented. Team approach in the Branches which adds that value to the client experience.
performing banking transactions,friendly staff,feeling helpful to customers
teller cashier (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: lower interest rates than the general public on loans
Cons: the salary was not great
My co-workers were extremely helpful and I was given a very good training program. Dealing with the public was an enjoyable part of my day. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell some customers products that the bank offered. This was mandatory but I felt uncomfortable doing this.
great envirioment to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Penticton, BCDecember 3, 2015
Pros: great benifits
enjoyed working here over the years, I learned a lot dealing with peoples needs and product knowledge. Had a great management that I got along great with there were very compliable to my needs and hours with my kids. Loved and got along with everyone I worked with we had a great team. The hardest thing I would have to say is leaving my job.
Very busy environment with many Projects coming down the pipe at all times
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Good culture, good job work/family balance
Cons: Poor chances for advancement, not the best incentive, not much recognition
- Good environment
- Technology oriented
- Good management support
- Employee recognition could be better
- Overall solid place to work
good working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 30, 2015
It is a good company to work with since they are offering good training opportunity. Also, people I work with are really friendly and nice.
CIBC is committed to employee development and support.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONNovember 25, 2015
Having worked within the financial services industry in the past, I saw an immediate culture difference when I started working at CIBC. It quickly became apparent that not only does CIBC value talent, it helps cultivate it. In other words, employees from all levels of the bank are encouraged to grow their potential and continually think about skill development for future roles.

Working for CIBC has been a wonderful experience. With challenging work, supportive management, enthusiastic colleagues, and a myriad of personal development opportunities, one cannot help but enjoy coming into work in the morning.
Family feeling in a big company
Customer Service Representative/Head Teller (Current Employee), Killaloe, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: love the place I work
Cons: not enough hours
I really enjoy serving the clients, but the bank is going in a direction of electronic banking and I am in fear of being replaced by the internet. I love my manager she is encouraging and easy to speak with. I dont always enjoy pushing customers to use other channels of banking but it's my job requirement and when clients tell me they refuse to use other channels I still push them to try. The best part of my job is growing with the clients and building a personal repore with almost every client. They trust my opinion. That feels awsome.
Overall great experience
Summer Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Opportunities for growth
Many growth opportunities within the organization, with the ability to get experience in other areas of the business.

Great work life balance.