CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,360 reviews matching the search
Awesome Team!
Credit Counselor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 March 2017
incoming and outbound phone calls in a call center environment
set up payment repayment plans, answered questions about clients' accounts
very helpful and supportive managers
meeting targets was challenging
most enjoyable part was to help educate people about obtaining good credit and managing their money
Pros
great benefits
Cons
bit stressful
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 December 2016
The job itself was great, solid stable hours, challenging and fast-paced environment, and a nice team to work with.
Management at the branch I worked at was lacking a lot. There was a lot of bullying going on, and a lack of guidance at times when it comes to sales tactics and new practices. The way that employees were treated left me disheartened and looking for something else, anywhere else. I'm sure many other branches were great and totally different, but that is my experience.
Pros
Generous with hours, flexible schedule, good team work
Professional
Senior AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2016
Work environment is team oriented and result focused. Managements gives lot of room and open to new ideas .
Everyday is learning experience and we have weekly meetings ,which I look forward to.
Manager sits down one on one to discuss our progress every week and shares the expectations and encourages us .
E-mails are sent out to other team members to share success stories with rest of the team as well.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 December 2016
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with the clients.
Working in a fast paced environment where we help clients do their every day banking and receiving something equally as valuable, a smile that says you’ve made their day easier.
Great management ,friendly co-workers
cibc experience
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 January 2017
it is definitely a rich customer service experience . I learned so much about dealing with different types of customers. I have helped my co-workers get passed a work obstacle. but unfortunately the management team was not the best . Hours kept changing and it was almost impossible taking a day off.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
long hours and low salary
I just retired from CIBC after working 35 years for them. Looking for a permanent part time job.
Senior csr (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 January 2017
- this was a very high paced job as a senior CSR
- I have a full knowledge of the operation of a busy branch
- securities, ie; armoured cars procedures (brinks), privacy act.
- customers issues. Tracing and searching and then resolving the problem and correcting errors.
- some computer
- supervising employees within the tellers services and frequently stepping in as immediate supervisor over viewing the whole area when no management within the branch.
- cash process within a working day, week, month. Including foreign transactions. Shipping and ordering of cash and coin.
-working as a team we accomplished a lot, with harmony.
Pros
Working with the public, I am a people person.
Cons
Bank in general, to much workload or not enough employees to handle the workload. My belief is, it's never going to get better.
great company to work for
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
CIBC has great corporate culture with great managers.

In my time there I have learned time management, working cooperatively with my branch partners to complete tasks and achieve goals.

The hardest part of current job is that my pay is not consistent as I'm on 100% commisioned.
Pros
flexibility, great management, benefits
Cons
inconsistent pay
Overall a friendly place to be.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 January 2017
A typical day at work started with opening my wicket and helping regular and new customers with all of their banking transactions and any new inquiries they may have. My co-workers were very supportive and encouraging, however I experienced some unique challenges with regards to management during my time with CIBC specifically related to a re-organization that occurred during my training. The hardest part of the job was when my customer service talents were put to the task when dealing with particularly disgruntled customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the day-to-day interactions with customers and getting to know different people.
Pros
Love helping customers with their day to day banking and questions they may have.
Cons
Challenges with management and lack of sufficient training.
Great work place
Bilingual Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Excellent support from Managers, NSL- National support line/EHD- Employee help desk, District representatives such as Mutual Funds Specialist, Lending and Mortgage Specialist, Insurance Specialist etc who help you in your role and your overall success. Overall hard work, dedication and motivation with desire to succeed is recognized by management and appreciated. Employee morale in the company is very positive. Targe
CIBC is an excellent place to work if you are self motivating.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2017
Their motto that they trust their employees is very true and they work hard to make you feel comfortable entering such a large corporation.

They find ways to make you comfortable and happy which is very unique in such a large corporation.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Slightly isolating
Re-organization without sufficient notice!
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
If you're an independent contractor, avoid this company like the plague.

Although they claim to be 'like a family', it is dysfunctional at best. After they recently underwent a reorganization, they started to chip away at the contractors by low-balling them when hired and then demanding they accept a pay cut to remain on the 'selected' list.

They appear to be speaking from both sides of their collective mouths.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Secrecy and lack of transparency.
fast paced, high demand working environment
Senior Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Analyzed escalations received from approximately 80 global, front line support agents, investigated all tickets, resolved complex clients’ problems and escalated issues to Tier III. Provided feedback on any identified resolution gaps in the front line process.
Pros
Team Environment
Highly stressful but pay and bonus great...
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
At time can be stressful during their times when the different departments want to be competitive but it can also be very entertaining. Cibc has always been generous on food. Their benefits is amazing as well as their group investments. Cibc is very encouraging on advancement and education. I love working at Cibc but the current position i am currently in is too stressful for me more for someone who is just starting at cibc.
Pros
supporttive on advancement
Cons
can be stressful at times.
Avoid this company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC13 November 2016
Horrible management and culture. Management including upper management promote and enjoy backstabbing. Can't get your work done because you're constantly stuck in "meetings", conference calls and make work projects.

The systems are extremely outdated and there numerous issues with screw ups. They do pay higher than the average bank but that's because they have to. It's also fairly easy to move up as the turnover is very high.
Great experience , good to work , competitive timelines , always on toes
Sr. Developer and Front End Team Lead (Current Employee) –  20 dundas street13 February 2017
Great experience , good to work , competitive timelines , always on toes
We have internal trainings and good atmosphere
morning meetings and good work culture
Pros
Great experience, good to work, competitive timelines, always on toes
Project Manager
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
• Worked on Security Application/Infrastructure project . Managed a Budget of $3.8 Million.
• Applied project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality, risk management and performance reporting
This was a great job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2017
I enjoyed my time working at CIBC.
The hardest part of my job was sometimes not being able to leave customers satisfied.
Sometimes the senior staff members were unpleasant to the newer staff but overall the atmosphere was professional.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Standing for long periods of time.
First job out of high school
Branch manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2017
Wanted to work for Cibc as a first job out of high school. Found it fulfilling and made it a career. Different positions included collections, repossessions and foreclosures, customer service manager and finally branch manager of a brand new branch in Mississauga Ontario
Pros
People
Cons
Development
Great place to grow. Challenging projects keep you on your toes.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
Overall great place to work. Management is very engaged and will help you with any roadblocks. Technology Operations has recently undergone some organizational changes. A little challenging to find the right people to talk to as a result.
Pros
Independent work environment, great support structure.
Cons
Large numbers of processes in place.
Workplace Harressment
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2017
Getting rid of older workers so they can bring in new younger and lower wage employees who are willing to do what they are told. Senior management will harress an old worker to quit or set them up to be fired. I used to love CIBC but not anymore.
Pros
Lots of good workers
Cons
Untrustworthy management