CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,316 reviews matching the search
good env
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
to work in cibc, it is some funny, we had some out going in a year, we ha at least once a year for large department.
people are nice, and work time is flexible.
Busy day with set of given targets
Verification Officer (Current Employee) –  Downtown, Toronto6 February 2017
Start my day By reviewing the number of task in the Que.
I get to see almost every day different type of documents and there is always something new to learn. Manager is always ready to help and gets any queries solved immediately by explaining it minutely.
Working environment is multi cultural with a team members who are always ready to help each other.
I don t believe there is any part which is difficult as everything comes with challenges and i personalty like challenges.
Dealing with the files with your judgement is very much enjoyable part as it shows that management believs in your work
Pros
Everyday Learning
Cons
Sometimes tasks are too complicated
best place to work
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
great work culture, would recommend to anyone
have spend my 8 years with the company, which itself explains that how much i am happy with my current job.
processing officer
Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence Station, ON5 February 2017
Not qualified management. Everyone seems to be related. Salary is low. Not understanding of employees needs. No potential of growth unless know someone.
A diverse and dynamic working environment and friendly culture.
Senior Software Solution Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
A diverse working environment with very skilled workers. A team oriented and cooperative working culture. I had the opportunities to work in very large scale enterprise projects with very tight deadlines. I really like the business and technical challenges that I need to face and overcome to provide viable and strategic solutions.
Pros
Work flexibility that works best with my personal life schedules
Cons
None I can think of.
Super job for with great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB4 February 2017
My day would start with balancing the ATM and enjoying the morning coffee with staff. Then move on to getting the till opened and enjoy the day talking with customers. absolutely loved this job
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
cant think of any
Financial services representative.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 February 2017
Responsible for meeting with clients and assessing their personal financial goals and areas of improvement. Very high demand and tight deadlines. Great administrative skills learnt with this job.
productive and fun work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
they were like a family helped me when i most needed it. will always remember them and cary all of them in my heart. They see you more than just an employee its like a family.
Pros
lots
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
Possess a rich blend of Financial Reporting, Analysis, Forecasting, Project management and Administrative Talents gained from over 20 years experience in various roles held at CIBC.
typical corporate bank enviroment
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2017
High sales targets, moderately low pay but good benefits. Some room for advancement if you keep up your sales numbers and your licenses. Job security and hours are not bad.
Pros
benefits, holidays
Cons
low pay, high expectations
good place to work with lots of shift change
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2017
good place to work for short duration because there is no stability in the work environment and did not find any personal and professional growth. But overall CIBC is a good place to work with experience people.
Cons
unstability
I just retired from CIBC after working 35 years for them. Looking for a permanent part time job.
Senior csr (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 January 2017
- this was a very high paced job as a senior CSR
- I have a full knowledge of the operation of a busy branch
- securities, ie; armoured cars procedures (brinks), privacy act.
- customers issues. Tracing and searching and then resolving the problem and correcting errors.
- some computer
- supervising employees within the tellers services and frequently stepping in as immediate supervisor over viewing the whole area when no management within the branch.
- cash process within a working day, week, month. Including foreign transactions. Shipping and ordering of cash and coin.
-working as a team we accomplished a lot, with harmony.
Pros
Working with the public, I am a people person.
Cons
Bank in general, to much workload or not enough employees to handle the workload. My belief is, it's never going to get better.
Cibc
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB30 January 2017
CIBC is a great friendly environnement, where you can learn a lot and have potential of growth. Disent salary and benefits.
No opportunities for growth within the company
Sr. Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
Although recognized as a strong performer, pay is significantly below market with no opportunity for advancement. Work can be challenging due to personality management and politics if you're working across multiple LOB's.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Long hours, heavy dependency on technology, no opportunity for advancement and pay is significantly below market
High pace fun working environment
Branch Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 January 2017
CIBC is a leading member of the Windsor/Essex community, Being a part of this team was rewarding on many levels. I enjoyed the customer facing aspect of my role and the behind the lines support I was able to offer my peers
Workplace Harressment
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2017
Getting rid of older workers so they can bring in new younger and lower wage employees who are willing to do what they are told. Senior management will harress an old worker to quit or set them up to be fired. I used to love CIBC but not anymore.
Pros
Lots of good workers
Cons
Untrustworthy management
People Oriented, productive and personal advancement
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 January 2017
Deal with clients on regular basis and helping them meet their financial needs by knowing the client and advising them appropriate products that best meet their needs.Deep understanding in regards to secured lending, mortgages, savings plan, mutual funds, insurances and other banking products.
Engage with several clients every day to meet their immediate and future needs, offer advice, handle objections and complete sales for both personal and small business clients
Proactively contact clients by phone to identify potential client needs, and schedule appointments to further discuss clients’ opportunities
Seek to understand and advise clients based on a comprehensive financial planning approach including cash management, credit, investment and wealth protection
Demonstrate the benefits and assist clients in using all channels such as Bank Machines, Telephone Banking, Mobile and Online Banking
Resolve client problems quickly and/or refer to colleagues, as appropriate
Work as part of a team to ensure the client is receiving the most appropriate advice and introduce them to the appropriate colleague to meet their needs
Keep current on CIBC products and systems to close any gaps in knowledge
Introduce clients to CIBC's best-in-class online and mobile banking technology (e.g. Tablet, ATM, Online and Mobile "apps"
Participate in marketing and business development activities such as client acknowledgment programs and client appreciation activities
Great company to work for.
Senior Financial Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
Great company to work for. Great Job Work/Life Balance, salary/Benefits, job Security/Advancement, management
and job Culture
Offers excellent advancement opportunities and great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON25 January 2017
*great hours
*good advancement opportunities
*excellent benefits
*hourly wage requires review. wages too low for work that is expected
**************
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low wages
fsr II role that i have right now
fsrII (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON24 January 2017
it is a faced paced work environment , i have learned a lot at this job lots of customer interaction . i like that i work close to home .
its a friendly work place culture .
i=