CIBC Employee Reviews

Great Computers
Sr. Account Processing Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2017
One thing I really enjoy about working at CIBC are the computers. Most if not all of the computers have great service and work rapidly. There are only problems with them approximately once a year that require IT. I am grateful for having such computers that work efficiently.
Pros
Diverse environment
Cons
Stressful
Fun Place
Change Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2017
CIBC is a wonderful place to work, assist with education and career improvement. Which help you one advance their career and professional development. Good place
Great workplace, with lots of opportunity to learn
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK3 November 2017
There's lot to learn at this job. Valuable life experience. Need patience to deal with clients. Enough on-the-job training is provided to overcome any hardships of the job. Great management too.
Pros
Breaks are divided into sessions making the work less strenuous, good in-class and on-the-job training
Great Company
Analyst in Supervision and Governance (Former Employee) –  Toronto2 November 2017
CIBC has a great culture that makes working there extremely pleasant with lots of challenging tasks to keep you busy, helping to create a steep learning curve.
Highly not recommended
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 November 2017
This Bank is a terrible place to work in. Do not even bother to apply if you get a better opportunity elsewhere. Everyone from top level to associates have no idea as to what customer service is about.
its a bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC1 November 2017
Never exciting to work at a bank, but it was ok. I couldn't stand working there in the summer time as it was always freezing inside and couldn't feel my fingers.
Fun Place To Work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2017
CIBC Employees are usually easy going and fun to be around. The atmosphere allows me to be myself and develop my skills to help achieve my career goals
Financial Service Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 October 2017
Good place to work. Salary needs to improve. Very good health Insurance. Nice managment. Place where you can grow. Friendly, helping people. Excellent learning.
terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  atomic29 October 2017
working for Cibc is horrible. they treat you like a number and do not value your hard efforts toward the job. every employee is disposal. there is no true job security with this company.
good work environment and culture
Credit writer Small Business and Branch Banking (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2017
one of the best banks to work and good management
with good pay and benefit comparing to other in the industry

Lots of room for growth , learning and development
Management is mixed
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 October 2017
Depends on your role in the bank, almost most jobs are sales related. Very high pressure. As for management, it can be a hit and miss, depending on your luck. Overall, despite for fighting clients between co-workers, they work more as a team and service quality is good.
Cibc
Senior Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 October 2017
CIBC is great bank to work and a leader in banking industry in digital and electronic banking. From technology to leadership perspective, this is the place to learn.
Days were very productive.
Maintenance & Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2017
I really enjoyed my time with CIBC. Managemnt was awesome and always had time to listen to new ideas. We learned and adhered to products and procedures daily and always made our clients to come first. We had daily huddles to see if people needed to help others to obtain our deadlines and I had always enjoyed helping others and training other people to make them understand.
Pros
They always made ways to make your day go well and we always had pot lucks.
Cons
Technology updates took time
Good people, horrible company
Fraud Response Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
- Repetitive work that is mind numbing, no actual thinking going on
- People at work are great and very friendly, and willing to help
- Management seems to micro-manage, tries to help but often does not know what the employee has to go through
- Very small room for advancement unless you yourself look for open positions
- Horrible pay, especially in comparison to other companies in similar roles
- The health benefits are decent
- Strange hours, often cannot be changed
- Hard to switch vacation time
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Strange hours, low pay
Flexible workplace, fun to work
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2017
Good place to work, especially if you work mobile. You have your own time. Enjoyable work with team. Work with different cultures. Management is awesome.
Good but to a certain extent
Customer solutions manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2017
CIBC is a great bank to work in, to learn a lot of processes and to advance.

However, salary wise, it is not as competitive as the other top 2 banks like TD and RBC. Bonuses are always promised but we never get what we are entitled to.

Work is extremely demanding and appreciation is given only by words, that alone, do not translate to any concrete change in the current position specially in financial terms.

Management is subject to a lot of up and downs, one department could be subject to better managers than others, there are no standards and it kind of feels everything is left on luck, whether you get a good manager or not, because a lot of them you will start to wonder why are they at their position in the first place..
Pros
advancement, processes, experience, cases
Cons
salary, management decisions, bonuses
Amazing position
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
love the job and people i work with. Excited about potential growth within the company. Leadership team is fantastic and very openminded towards the front line team.
Highly Recommended!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 October 2017
Great place to work! Tons of room for advancement with great, supportive management. Always nice building relationships with clients. Benefits, flexibility, great work/life balance.
Depending on which department good people working there.
CIBC (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Good place to get a good start, stepping stone for better things. Depending on which department good people working there and will make contacts. Just keep it professional.
Pros
good people working there
Cons
a great boss can make all the difference
I was a teller at the CIBC branch in Edmonton. I had the most amazing branch manager so working there was just great.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2017
I was with CIBC as a teller. the environment was past faced and back in those days when things were just beginning to go online branches were always busy. So I learnt to work in a fast paced environment and to achieve goals.
it was a great learning experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.