CIBC Employee Reviews

productive
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
I feel excited to be at work because the people I work with are friendly, supportive and always happy to help and assist.

There is a work life balance
Not applicable
PERSONAL BANKING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  CA2 January 2018
lexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
Competitive salary and banking benefits
Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
Fun place to work with
Pro-Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 December 2017
Most days I get in early so I can get emails answered and important work done and be ready for the routine work. On a typical day we had a coffee meeting to discuss of any backlog work and unprocessed mortgage insurance applications. One particular day I was not able to show up to work and this got really messed up due to short staff. The team weren't too happy to have to squeeze in another change, but when I explained the reason they got down to amend their usual schedules to meet the deadline. I bought in pizzas to keep them all happy and to let us steal a bit of space at lunchtime. We'd got it done by three and, with the Manager appreciated very much. We got everything back on track by the end of the day.

My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. While I already had strong Accounting skills, I didn’t have any previous experience of Microsoft Excel. When my employer introduced a new order management system which used Access they gave me the opportunity to undertake additional training so as to be able to work effectively with this. I was then able to put this training into practice on a day-to-day basis and I was able to adept at using this skill. I also learned a great deal about handling customers. My previous roles were not customer-facing so it was great to have the chance to develop this area of my experience.

Management was very unbiased and reasonable in all aspects of company policies.

Work place culture was very good. Most individuals with Generosity, skill, transparency, fun, a
  more... team focus, recognized and value our work.

On a personal level I feel that finding enough time to spend with friends and family is the hardest part of my job. I loved working as a Pro Manager and during these first years of my career will want to work hard to make money for living as it was my first job in Canada. I had to work weekends and evenings.

I enjoyed the sincere appreciation I receive from not only my boss, but also the people I work with. A heartfelt “thanks” goes a long way to improving my attitude and productivity.

I liked that the company I worked for was not too paternalistic. Schedule adjustments are never a big deal.
Pros
Close by, Flexible, Good Boss
Cons
Long hours at times
Alot of Overtime without pay
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2017
Workload is a lot compare to a low salary.
A good entry level job to gain some solid experience.
Management is terrible.

ghfhgfghfhgffghfhfghfghfgfgh
Pros
free Banking
Cons
Overtime without pay
productive an fun work place.
Financial service representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 December 2017
Great friendly environment, team work, very good team leader and manager. Always motivating, Appreciate the hard work. very great team support.I learned a lot from this work.Meeting all my goals and targets.
Pros
friendly, motivating, positive work environment
Cons
nothing
Great Internships
Market Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed being an intern for CIBC. The managers are friendly and eager to teach young students as much as possible in a four month time period. It would be nice, however, if CIBC offered more social events for interns. I know TD organizes many events for their students.
Pros
Good management
Excellent people
Technical Writer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2017
I have had 3 tours with CIBC and that speaks for itself. Great company. Great people. Superb facilities and flexible work conditions. I would go back if requested.
fun
Sales and Advice Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK18 December 2017
Room for advancement, diverse fast pace environment. Onboarding process is stressful and people leaders need more career development. Would recommend as a place for employment.
workplace
Contingent Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2017
the management are professional and the people are friendly the can help you if you any help in work also the supervisor is friendly and always listen to you if have any problem.
Good Place
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 December 2017
Great place for New immigrant. They provide lots of training and support to improve work. Friendly environment. Managers are supportive. Medical benefits
Pros
Birthdays
Cons
Need managers to see overall wellbeing
Fun workplace that allowed me some experience
Intermediate Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2017
I believe that at CIBC I was able to gain a good amount of experience with the work of a bank, however often times things were slow and takes very long
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
Long time to get things approved
Stay away
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2017
Brutal place to work...wouldn't wish this on my mother-in-law. Everyone out for themselves, protecting their own skin. Departments don't work well together effectively. Easily the worst Bank on the street to work for.
A fairly good work environment, decent training
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  AB11 December 2017
The work environment was ok. The people I worked with were pretty good for the most part. Overall it was a good place to learn from. The hardest part of the job was the coworkers.
productive and fun place to work with
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 December 2017
.workplace culture is good. caring managers, a typical
Continually prospect and network for new business opportunities face to face
Entering businesses and generating conversation by educating the merchant’s on how we can help grow their business.
Identify interest and understand customer needs and requirements
The goal is to gain contact information and merchant statements
Would Have like to work there permanently
Mortgage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
Good Place to work. Was laid off, jobs moved to India. Did not appreciate the way I was laid off. 2 days notice? I would have preferred to have an option to apply for other jobs.
Creative and dynamic environment
Purchasing Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
Providing plan layouts, purchasing materials and implementing installations for CIBC retail branch locations across the GTA. Coordinating the various teams to achieve the outcome and seeing clients enjoy the space was very satisfying. Capturing the most suited contractor at the appropriate time while not infringing on other projects was very challenging. The day to day atmosphere was very enjoyable and the team building was the best I've every seen.
Great security and room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON3 December 2017
A typical day at work is hard as there are a lot of clients to accommodate and each have different needs. As well as hitting your targets and providing the best customer service. I have learnt a lot in the time I have been with CIBC, management has been good.
benefits
Cons
wage
Gud place to work
Sales & Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 December 2017
I loved working there, had a very good peer support & manager. Opportunities to get overtime & extra pay for that. Very friendly team members. Very good benefit plans for employees.
great
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB30 November 2017
was a good experience working at CIBC,I enjoyed carrying out my duties start,end daily balancing cash flow,talking to the costumers and making sure their needs are met.
Pros
working with the costumers
Cons
the compliants
Working at the branch level was a productive and fun atmosphere to be a part of.
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
Working for CIBC has taught me many things over the time spent working for the company. It allowed me to learn and grow within the company environment to meet my personal priorities and objectives. I began my career as a part-time csr and was quickly able to move onto a full time position with the company. Through hard work and initiatives I was able to further my career and balance work and my personal life to become part of the management team. The branch environment is one where the focus is customer service oriented and that was my most enjoyable part of the day to day operations. Meeting and getting to know our clients was an integral part of the workplace culture and finding solutions for our clients gave me a deep personal satisfaction of accomplishment. Our unit worked as a team and our results reflected that team spirit.
Pros
Ability to further your career within the company and balance work and life style.
Cons
Long hours and working short handed with minimal staff at hand to assist in helping the front line.