CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,068 reviews matching the search
What I Learnt
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Knowledgeable of bank policies, procedures and products sufficient enough to complete client’s transactional needs and responded to general inquiries via e-mails
Prioritized urgent issues to ensure resolution in a timely manner
Help team member when the team required help and ensure the Service Level Agreement was meant End of the Day
Very professional environment....
Systems Analyst(Designer/Sr. Developer) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
The management at CIBC was extremely professional. The team I was working with was very helpful. The product was extremely complex in nature but was well documented. We were using latest technologies for cheque clearing. The hardest part of the Job was to keep the documentation upto with changes. I was doing a lot of UML and designing and learnt a lot as a result.
Pros
Very supportive management and team
Best Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parksville, BCJanuary 11, 2016
At CIBC we were like family. Our team worked extremely well together. If anyone needed help others were there to help. There was no gossip among the co-workers. Management was terrific to talk to. Extremely flexible with children's needs (if they were sick). The hardest part of my job was up-selling. If the client says "No I'm not interested" than I don't like to push. My Favorite part of the job was interacting with clients. Getting to know them, help with their banking needs and solving any problems they may have. I enjoy working with the public.
Amazing opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 13, 2016
I began working at CIBC as I was transitioning into University, it has definitely been an amazing experience working for the past three years. It has come hand in hand with my field of study which is Economics and Finance at Ryerson University. I'm still currently working (just weekends) and am taking some time off from University to gain some experience in other industries and better my resume ultimately!
Productive organization with opportunity for growth and development
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJanuary 9, 2016
Manage large complex projects that have allowed me to continue in my career development with the latitude of collaborating with all levels from front line operators to key senior decision makers.

The hardest part of my job is that it does not provide me with the opportunity to travel, especially internationally.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunity to work with many different colleagues who have different ideas and perspectives on how to approach initiatives and solve problems.
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Large organization and reaction time to implement change takes time to implement
Productive & fun work place
Desktop Publisher / Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
A regular 9-5 environment with flexible working hours and a supportive management staff.

Great exposure to different types of projects in support of different CIBC line of businesses.

Coworkers in both the evening and morning shifts are supportive in helping one another improve individual technical skills.
Front Face of CIBC
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2016
I am greeting to clients and identify clients' needs by having conversation with them. I brief introduce new product and services that may benefit clients and refer them to a financial service representative for more detail. I also operate regular deposit and withdraw for personal and business clients.
Nice place to work
Training Coordinator Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2016
I was hired to complete a particular project for a short time but my experience was great. After being the face of training in my previous job I was able to work behind the scenes of tanning for the nationwide initiatives of CIBC. I learned how to coordinate large training sessions with employees of several different levels of the organization.I worked with a team of very experienced coordinators, trainers and managers always willing to help me and motivate me. There was no slow days due to the continues training sessions that occur throughout the year. The days passed very quickly.
Pros
The team, the quality of training, after instructions were given they motivate you to work independently and achieve your goals.
Cons
Noting to mention.
Great Organization. undesirable management style.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, ABFebruary 9, 2016
while i found the role to be a tremendous opportunity, it was not the right fit for me and my family. the role came with stress and involved after work hours dedication that infringed on my home life. I found the management style of the team leader left little to be desired.
Pros
training
Cons
stress
Publishing Specialist (Former Employee) –  TORONTO, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Professionalism, growth opportunities and training. Above three reasons make CIBc an enviable place to work in. Work and pleasure balance help employees to invest more than 100% in the company and their job.
Pros
Professionalism, growth opportunities and training
Cons
Professionalism, growth opportunities and training
Great workplace
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 18, 2016
There are a lot of opportunities to learn and advance your career. The company cares about their employees and there is a lot of potential for earning extra income. The hardest part is the routine of answering incoming calls daily when working in the telephone banking industry.
Fun place to work until restructuring.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMarch 15, 2016
Good place to work with good benefits but restructuring in process leading to job eliminations. Enjoyed meeting clients and assisting all team members. Difficult to adhere to job description duties only.
Pros
Fun place to work had a great team.
Cons
sometimes extra hours worked
Very Dynamic work place with lots of interactions with clients and families
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
- Starts with reviewing recent changes in the investment and financial markets. Analysis of the performance of different managed portfolios and company performances as well.
- analyzing clients Portfolios and holdings and suggesting alternative solutions that's suits their proper asset allocation. Deeper investment planning in regards to correlation , standard deviation and geographic and asset class distribution of the portfolio to make sure that there is diversification as much as possible. Working on Secured Lending and Mortgages also as part of Credit planning process. Management provides day to day support in regards o coaching and expertise. Analysing clients portfolio holdings and conducting gap analysis while providing suitable recommendations.
CIBC is a very good company to work for.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
I had more than 27 years of experience at CIBC. This company is like a family to me, the people I worked with is like a member of my family.
I will always treasure my experience with the bank.
Pros
good benefits; profit sharing entitlements; 5 weeks vacation with pay
Great opportunity
Senior Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Great place to work, opportunity to learn and succeed. Aside form the work, I've had the pleasure of meeting great people and also participate in the many social and charitable events.
Pros
Great place to work, opportunity to learn and succeed.
Cons
Big company, lots of people = need to excel
Enterprise wide architecture with knowledge
Senior Network Engineer-Telecom Engineer (Current Employee) –  483 Bay streetApril 18, 2016
Network and security infrastructure with all advanced technologies and standards, expand and experience knowledge and career developments.
Pros
process oriented organization with results
Cons
20 projects in deployments at any given time
Not recommended to anyone
Directeur de centre bancaire (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 20, 2016
A place where you are always under pressure by performing and where you should not take your job as granted. The bank that pay the less in all in the Canadian bank.The only good thing that is bad at the same time is that you learn to do everything. Your are not specialized in any type of services so it's good for people in their beginning of career.
Brief summary of a typical day at CIBC Mellon
Derivatives Analyst, CASG - Derivatives Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work include daily cash management, looking after and resolving all incoming inquiries from clients and investment managers related to non receipts of funds related to derivatives, unsettled/failed trades, Inquiries from Internal teams such as processing, settlements, accounting etc.

Providing guidance and assisting team members where they are unable to resolve issues, authorizing payments related to forward nettings, future margins, option trades, swaps etc.

Checking and signing end of day check list and ensuring all daily tasks are done and overdrafts are coded properly and advised to clients and IM.

Attending meetings during work hours.

Taking lunch break and tea break to get refresh.
Good Experience
Targeted Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 21, 2016
CIBC can be a good employer, however, not too much room for advancement, management is inexperienced and the environment is very stressful. The things they do well: Pay well, Great benefits, Stock purchase plan and training is one of the best i've been through at any company.
Cibc
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 4, 2016
Very good salary, bonuses, and benefits.
Scheduling was a bit harsh, and the location was poor unless you use public transportation. Parking is expensive, and they do not offer free employee parking of any kind.
Sales targets were pretty intense.
Pros
Salary, Bonus, Benefits
Cons
Schedule Hours, Parking