CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,223 reviews matching the search
Fast paced workplace with effective team bonding activities regularily
Intermediate Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  130 adelaide street west9 November 2016
work days where long and tiring. Very face paced environment. Looked forward to weekly meeting. Colleagues where friendly.Management was very caring and helpful in most situations.
good
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
It was a good environment. I learned a alot and good friendly environment. Faced past environment which i thrive in, overall good experience.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Great learning opportunities everyday!
Manager Sales & Service (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MB7 November 2016
CIBC is a great place to work and learn. Enjoy the people who are the clients of CIBC and helping them to achieve their goals each and every day!
Typical Finance / Bank in Canada.
Director - Risk Wealth Management Technology (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
* Excellent team and skillset.
* Management is supportive of the staff and its day to day needs.
* Excellent tools provided to make individuals successful.
Lots to do and learn
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCi1 November 2016
Make sure to keep personal separate from people you work with !! Experienced lots of different ways to do things as well as picked up many software experience.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Cons
High work load
Great employer
PERSONAL BANKING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB31 October 2016
Excellent work life balance, amazing training and support. My experience was in a small branch located in a rural region therefore I was exposed to a variety of other roles and responsibilities.
Great Work Place to Work
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  40 Dundas St. Toronto28 October 2016
The culture of the company is great. An environment where you can build easy, flexible and personalized banking solutions for CIBC clients while broading your technical knowledge and expertise. The chance to network and work with senior leaders across Technology and the bank. A great place to work.
Fun and work
Network Technical Specialist - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
Most of the management in my department was great. Learned a lot of skills at this company. Great co-workers. Work gets done at the end and all go home happy.
I heard annual bonus is better at the other banks comprising the big 5.
Pros
Monthly lunch (depends on which department you are with)
Cons
Bonus
Excellent workplace with lots of learning opportunities.
Senior Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
CIBC is a good place to work. Currently there is a lot of change with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation. Very dynamic and professional environment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2016
Great experience from all of my teammates who have been on all my work days and I'm still happy for my experience with cibc and the work that was done with me
Pros
Happy
Cons
Happy
fun workplace
Senior Branch Support, CIBC Retail Markets (Former Employee) –  mississauga ont27 October 2016
looked forward to go to work. Great team. Management always willing ti listen. Manager had open door policy.

I learned to enjoy work.

Great co-workers made it easy to solve problems when the day was not going so well.

Meetings wre most enjoyable as we could put forward new suggestions and let the management know if tere were any concerns.
Pros
Certificates. acknowledgement of hard work
Cons
Fun at the waterfront once a year
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2016
Nothing to say about CIBC.

Just a bank job.

Do your job and go home type of company.

Too many people on conference calls.
bla bla bla
Pros
no overtime
Cons
No direction
great opportunity to grow
Manager, Advisor Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2016
Strategic outlook with tactical flexibility. Top down, bottom up approach that breads creativity. Open door leadership.
Good organization in which to gain experience in finance and customer service.
Senior Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 October 2016
Typical workdays vary depending on the location and time of month. I have learned how to stay organized and calm during busy periods. Management and coworkers vary from branch to branch.The hardest part of the job is maintaining composure and focus when there is a lineup and clients are angry. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with and getting to know your clients and coworkers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Rigid hours and understaffing
Flexible hours for General Manager.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON24 October 2016
General Manager manage a Team of Senior financial advisers.
General Manager manage a Banking Centre.
Good company to work for.
Sometimes long hours however you can time off when it is slow.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Limited opportunities for General Manager
Great place to work, great balance between home and work
Financial Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Harbour Breton, NL24 October 2016
Really enjoying my time there. Wonderful people, great for building relationships with the public. Challenging at times but rewarding at the same time.
Horrible place to work.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
lots of inconsistencies between what wer told and what actually happens. a hew of the supervisors are not very helpful interms of helping with targets.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
targets set are hard to achieve
You Gotta Know How To Math Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC19 October 2016
And I didn't. So I quit as a favor to them because they were too nice to fire me. Customers are often belligerent and mean, if not downright disrespectful. The woman in charge was finally demoted and relocated, things may have turned around.
Nice work environment
Senior Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
I did cash reconciliation and prepared financial statements for the assigned funds in the morning and review Junior's work; In the afternoon, i usually performed P&L analysis and researched on any discrepancies. When market closed and prices were in, I calculated the net asset value for the assigned funds and then reported to supervisor for review and finally sent to clients.

The manager is very approachable and co-workers are very nice and easy to work with. I have developed my analytical skills and the ability to multi-task. The most enjoyable part of the job is to coordinate with multiple parties to ensure cash and non-cash balances are reconciled, The hardest part of the job is to be both quick and accurate when calculating the net asset value when the market is closed.
Not a lot to say positive
Financial Service Associate (FSA) (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK and Regina, Sk16 October 2016
Built some great customer relationships and also with some fellow co-workers
Management not supportive
wage poor
benefits good
Pros
Customers
Cons
Expectations