CIBC

CIBC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good while it lasted.
Head Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: dealt with some amazing clients
Loved working at my first branch. Loved everything about it especially my regular clients. Was a great place to work at even on the bad days. Then I came back from maternity leave to a go to a new branch. Requirements to do and say things to clients were through the roof and were meticulously monitored, ie. if you weren't smiling for a mere moment you would be written up. The changes in the company were the few reasons why I choose to leave the company. I wouldn't want my children working there in the future.
Fun work place where everyone is on the same team
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 10, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and sales incentives
Cons: some shifts are in the evenings
A typical work day involves going over emails to stay up to date on new promotions and procedures. Then I would be on calls for the remainder of the shift. We also had meetings two to four times a week.
I learned very strong sales skills, and how to provide exceptional needs based selling.
The management at CIBC is phenomenal. They are very friendly and ready to go above and beyond for any employee.
The toughest part of the job was learning all the procedures.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers on a daily basis.
The staff was allows encourage to promote celebrate achievements
Personal Morgage Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Pros: staff
Cons: location
I had a portfolio that was updated monthly with clients to contact.
I learned to time manage and that customer service help make you achieve your goals
The management team was the pillar of our success
Co-workers that became more like family and always assisting in any way to help scenarios
The most enjoyable part was meeting new clients over the phone eveyday.
Productive, fast-paced environment and working with great people.
Coordinator - Business Management (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 6, 2015
Pros: freedom and trust from management and employees to get things done well and on time
Cons: lack of support and feedback from managing director
A typical day at work consisted of human resources duties, assisting Portfolio Mangers in the preparation of complex reporting, assisting the Client Servicing department as well as Compliance in organizing all legal documents, aiding all employees with any and all administrative/human resources issues.

I learned to organize efficiently, work with complex calculations and reporting, manage soft dollars and work closely with all heads of departments on tasks specific to their daily work reality.

The majority of my co-workers were fun to work with and we developed a great working relationship. According the them (because I asked), I am a problem solver and am always willing to help and work with them on all issues. If I did not know the answer to a question, I would get informed on the subject and get back to them.

The hardest part of my job was making sure all employees were onboard with management decisions and performing yearly tasks in the time allotted to them.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping employees in tasks involving human resources. I also really enjoyed working with different softwares and running complex reports.
Senior Manger, Process Engineering (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2015
CIBC was a great experience for me. Customer centric and staff oriented. Work life balance is key to the success of the organization
CANADIAN EXPERIENCE
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee), Maple, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: salary with commission
Cons: lack of branch enviornment
I greatly appreciate the confidence and training provided to me by CIBC, Due to my studies I could not continue my job in the bank. But I would love to work there again. The atmosphere was very cordial and friendly. Training standards for high. Good diversified culture with open opportunities for every one.
Wayy underpaid
Senior Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2015
One of easiest bank to get in. Due to lower salary compare to other FI. CIBC turn over ratio is much higher.

Management is okay some managers have good sales skills but no managerial skills.
Progressive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 3, 2015
Dealing with customer requests, problems, turning a problem into a solution or possible sale. I learned a lot working for CIBC, and met a lot of great people along the way.
The team I manage is great and the culture we have build is definitely the best
Manager, Credit Card Services (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioMarch 1, 2015
The department where I work, all team members are genuine, positive and know how to have fun and get work done at the same time.
It's a fast pace environment where changes can happen where updates given an hour ago can change with no prior notice.
The workplace stimulate good challenges and help people build capabilities.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), keswickFebruary 19, 2015
Hardest part of the job is to be on top of all the ongoing changes coming from management.
Co-workers were great and very team oriented.
Clients were always great as well.
Productive and Innovative at the work place
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2015
A good day start with wishing everybody and making the days agenda clear to all the team members.The management of the organization is very supporting and encouraging the new ideas.
productive
consultant at CIBC (Current Employee), torontoFebruary 11, 2015
productive, typical day at work is fun, i learned lot at this place, co workers are nice and friendly, the most enjoyable workplace.
Productive and energetic workplace
Incident Manager/ Acting Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great management team
Cons: no job security
I learned a great deal, great management team was a pleasure to work there and my co-worker we easy to talk to and we all worked well in a team setting
Fast Paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: management and co workers/clients
Cons: pay/hours
Typical day at work is dealing with clients who want some knowledge on accounts,investments, and other banking , Opening accounts for clients as well do clerical work, handle questions and complaints. Meeting targets and doing a lot of sales.
I have learnt a lot about the different types of investments that are offered, a better way of savings and building for a future.
Management is great, co workers are great. I am very out going so it makes things a lot easier to get a lot with everyone.
The hardest part is working 8 hours with a half and hour break.
Enjoyable part is knowing I have made a client happy and they are off to a good start with confidence with there funds.
Fast Paced
Pros: management and co workers/clients
Cons: pay/hours
The hardest part is working 8 hours with a half and hour break.
Great Place
Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Great place to work at. Excellent work culture with an awesome management and employee base. Very helpful and connected.
It is a productive, and fun place to work
Performance Testing Team Lead (Current Employee), torontoFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: it is a big company so lots to learn
Cons: i have been there for almost 10 years so time to change
I am a team lead in performance testing:

My daily activity involved:

Design a performance testing for a new client

Create a test case, script, and scenario for a client

Execute tests for clients and provide reports and analysis to clients and help clients to troubleshoot

The most enjoy part is troubleshooting

Also the most hardest part is troubleshooting but I enjoy every bit of my daily work
good job bad pay
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), winnipegFebruary 3, 2015
CIBC is a good company to work for, the people there were great. The position does not pay well in comparison to the other big banks in Canada
Very pleasant atmosphere to work in. Very skilled managers.
Senior Java/JEE Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
It was a very nice experience working at CIBC. Very team oriented and skilled managers. Used up-to-date technologies.
Great team members and peers - very knowledgeable and informed.
Senior Manager Disaster Recovery (BCM) Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
No two days are the sam e- Always learning something new and or interesting regarding Business or Service (Technical portfolio's ) of Continuity Management . Work was always interesting. Enjoyed the interaction between myself and clients / vendors. Enjoyed doing trouble shooting and practicing "out of the box thinking " to ensure LOB and department work priorities and numerous goals are met.

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more