CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,100 reviews matching the search
excellent
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto and SydneyDecember 22, 2015
guidance provided
training provided
upgrading provided
excellent benefits
opportunity to advance
good staff
clients well known
Pros
good location
Cons
?
good place to work with
QA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
good team players
relaxed environment in some departments
salary and benefits are lower then market
Not much growth opportunities
Great experience
Senior Branch Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I enjoyed working at CIBC. They really care about their employees and benefits were great.
A typical day started with opening the branch, prepping all cashes, balancing ABMs and bringing positive energy to the team.
I answered phones and met with clients regarding Power of Attorneys and Estates. I was the associate for the management team. I was responsible for all risk to the branch and monitored all suspense accounts and all NSF recoveries.I was responsible for the largest contract CIBC Ottawa had with the district Ottawa hospitals. Processing all their deposits daily and meeting all their daily needs.
I enjoyed organizing birthday celebrations, retirement parties and charitable events such Weekend to End Breast Cancer. I am a very organized person as my job was demanding and time sensitive. The thing I loved most about my job was working with clients and meeting their needs. I also placed outbound calls and booked people in for reviews with colleagues on an daily basis.
Pros
Very busy branch so I was always busy and days went fast
Cons
It seemed like there were never enough hours in the day to do all I wanted to do.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 21, 2015
If you like a dynamic, professional environment you're going to like to work in the office of a bank.

I was working long hours but learning alot and meeting great people.

the benefits were amazing especially dental.
Pros
benefits, salary
Cons
working hours, stress
Overall a good place to work
Risk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2015
Great work life balance, but salary is low comparing with other big banks. Not a lot of opportunity to move up the corporate ladder.
Great Place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work, the salary is great, diverse working environment. I really hope they get to being the best bank in Canada again. Go CIBC
Pros
Lots of social events
Cons
Not the best bank in the industry
CIBC offers great benefits and opportunities for learning
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2015
CIBC offers great benefits and opportunities for learning. This is my 2nd time working for CIBC and I have always found my managers to be supportive of my learning goals and professional development.
Fun Staff, Terrbile Management
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Management are ruthless, and expect you to follow orders as if it were a military style environment. Aside from that, each year they increase targets and expect you reach them even though no one else has. If you ask for help, they push you aside, there is no sharing of information, no oneness with your peers or management. The goals they set for you are not SMART, and you are expected to put your self down for not reaching them, and swear come he** or high water that you will deliver RESULTS the next time your manager sits with you!
Pros
friendly staff (save for management)
Cons
work through lunches, terrbile training, terrbile corporate culture.
poor Management
SENIOR ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2016
CIBC is a company where you invest so much of your time but not a good Return. The company Management politics is so much that there is no way for you to get a promotion that easily. It doesn't how hard you work, it is about how much you butter the management to stay on the spot light.
Good place to work where employees can excel in their career
Associate IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2015
CIBC is overall a good place to work...

- Typical day at work:
35% meetings, 30% emails, 20% project management
documentation/processes, 15% change management

- CIBC encourages and invests in training

- Overall processes/procedures are organized

- Infrastructure Projects are typically small-medium sized

- Corporate culture is nice, people are helping and friendly
Pros
Employee benefits, management is good, corporate culture is nice (friendly people)
Cons
Compared to other banks CIBC salaries are lower
Good and very fast paced
(PC-Fin) - LENDING ADVISOR (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Down town TorontoJuly 23, 2015
Its a fast paced sales environment, coz its commissioned based, I learned what would make a deal work, and how it could be presented for approval, what documents are required, etc, The management is very focused on higher targets and volume. We work with diverse group of people. It all depends on how you pitch the sale and see how it benefits the client. The reward would be to see clients happy and complimenting/referring me to others.
Pros
It really depends on market conditions
Cons
as above
Education and a good learning place
Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  DowntownOctober 5, 2015
My typical day at work is all about meetings, gathering requirements, meeting with stakeholders, resolving conflicting issues and prioritizing jobs. This opportunity trained me on how to manage difficult customers.
Benefits
Cons
So many Stakeholders to deal with
Pathetic place to work!
Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2015
I am contract employee in the one of the IT departments. The "Director" is very snobbish, arrogant and doesn't give sh@@ to others. He only approves 7.5 working hours, but he expects others to available per his schedule which means extended working hours.

There is no support from his side to his team, all he cares is his reputation to the Sr Director and that's it.There is consultant culture and most of the things are managed by them. There is no say for the internal consultants and every recommendation made is refused where as if anyone from vendor states something even illogical, it is approved right away. The director needs to be replaced with a professional one.
Pros
Big bank big name, upper management is still better
Cons
Micro management, no support for employees/ contractors, worst place to be in for contractors
Fraud Detection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONSeptember 21, 2015
A nice company to work for with good benefits and a lot of opportunities for growth as a professional. Supportive management and great co-workers enhance the employee experience. The job responsibilities and workload are reasonable.
Cibc career
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
okay to work with salary and benefits

must have mutual funds

sell all products

team work

year end meet

sunday day off

know your clients
Pros
lunch break
Cons
targets
Overall great work environment.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 24, 2015
CIBC is an incredible employer, with lots of room for advancement into other roles within the Financial Industry. The hours are long but the time flies by, and the salary is more than fair.
Very Dynamic work place with lots of interactions with clients and families
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
- Starts with reviewing recent changes in the investment and financial markets. Analysis of the performance of different managed portfolios and company performances as well.
- analyzing clients Portfolios and holdings and suggesting alternative solutions that's suits their proper asset allocation. Deeper investment planning in regards to correlation , standard deviation and geographic and asset class distribution of the portfolio to make sure that there is diversification as much as possible. Working on Secured Lending and Mortgages also as part of Credit planning process. Management provides day to day support in regards o coaching and expertise. Analysing clients portfolio holdings and conducting gap analysis while providing suitable recommendations.
Excellent place to work.
Small Business Officer (Former Employee) –  Freeport BahamasApril 6, 2016
Busy work place as there was only one branch on the island of Grand Bahama.
Excellent learning opportunities (I learned to analyze financial statements; business plans; net worth statements; write credit applications and basically be a financial consultant to small business customers).
Very nice co-workers and we all worked as a team.
Pros
Working at an island destination for a global bank.
Cons
Long hours. Outdated computer equipment.
Decent place
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 14, 2015
Difficult to move within Finance. Systems need upgrade. Annual raises and bonus increase are very poor. Lots of old blood in the place.
Good work environment - Awesome co workers
Processing Clerk (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCOctober 31, 2015
Decent company to work for. Pay and benefits are so so. The employees are amazing and make the work environment enjoyable.