CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,270 reviews matching the search
Fun
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
Great place to work, good environment. Money is not a lot, but is a good place to work. I would say that I had good times over there.
cibc experience
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 January 2017
it is definitely a rich customer service experience . I learned so much about dealing with different types of customers. I have helped my co-workers get passed a work obstacle. but unfortunately the management team was not the best . Hours kept changing and it was almost impossible taking a day off.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
long hours and low salary
It's an okay place to work.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2017
I'm only speaking for the branch that I worked for. It's a very busy branch which is no problem if they do a proper scheduling.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
poor scheduling
Creates an atmospehere of Inclusiveness
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Moosonee, ON2 January 2017
CIBC is a good place to kickstart one's career. The learning and positive work environment helps create a good work-life balance for families and even for single individuals
Pros
Conducive to Learning
Cons
May sometimes overlook in chair promotion
Biased Management
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC2 January 2017
I had a big challenge with this position. I was in recovery situation after my surgery. Unfortunately it was ignored. I felt I am not a special person for them to be taken care of. I didnt feel at home. That was sad.
This was a productive experience
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 January 2017
• Complete transactions accurately and effectively and protect client privacy
• Initiate quality conversations and introductions resulting in quality referrals and closed sales
• Invest time in self-development by taking the bank as a good learning environment
• Understood all campaign products, services, branch operations, risk compliance and constantly exercised sound judgment, therefore became fluent and professional in client conversation
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Weekend shifts
Amazing place to work
Director Regulatory Compliance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2016
Great Manager.
Great place to work.
Great work life balance.
Top management people oriented.
Work was always exciting and interesting.
Great colleagues.
good place
ATM Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
i wasn't there for too long but it was a good experience for me. it was a goof beginning for my career. the people were great and the job was easy. i personally think it was okay.
Organized culture.
GENERAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
A day at work here consist of filing documents, running errands, faxing papers, and looking for any help around the building that can be provided. Managers are friendly and detailed orientated. Good experience.
good good good
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
good company and very good place to work. I enjoyed working here and I am looking forward to work again. cibc is very good company and team is very good too. i like my team
CIBC Mellon
Analyst, Expense Administration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
Sometimes it is difficult to maintain a good work life balance. Overall it allows for a good start to your career, but enhancing it and moving forward is difficult.
Overall a nice experience. Strongly Recommended.
Senior Application Developer/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
Overall a nice experience.
Strongly Recommended.
Good Work life balance.
Good office environment.
Good work culture.
Technically challenging opportunities.
Benefits offered by CIBC are awesome
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2016
Lot of fun at work but the work is repetitive. Bosses are usually good and don't bother you much except for when you are not performing well. CIBC name itself is enough
Pros
Free food, lot of fun
Cons
Less diversity
CIBC is a company that have a good computer system
Mortgage Processing Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
CIBC is one of the best bank that Canada have. With a good computer system and always communicating thru the system without documents on hand. Processing of mortgages depends on whatever the computer information to verify and rely on.
Pros
30 minutes luches
Cons
N/A
Professional
Senior AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2016
Work environment is team oriented and result focused. Managements gives lot of room and open to new ideas .
Everyday is learning experience and we have weekly meetings ,which I look forward to.
Manager sits down one on one to discuss our progress every week and shares the expectations and encourages us .
E-mails are sent out to other team members to share success stories with rest of the team as well.
Great Place to Work
Financial Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 December 2016
Great place to work. Training is always available. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with clients and being able to help them. The gratitude they showed wether it be a mortgage, loan or a problem resolved is the best reward possible. Co-workers were great to work with. Everyone helped everyone. The hardest part of the job was times when we were short staffed.
Pros
Work/Lifestyle
Cons
Late nights
Put in a lot of effort
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 December 2016
Be prepared to put in a lot of effort for this role, job can get very stressful.
Deal with clients on a daily basis.
Most rewarding thing, is making a difference to peoples' lives
Good place
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
Many responsibilities in multiple areas due to small size so I got exposure to many different areas
Work independently yet exposed to co-workers responsibilities and ability to step in to help
Toxic Environment
BI Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2016
Not a very friendly work culture. Full time employees form a nexus and contractors are treated as outsiders. Toxic work culture. Horrible Management.

Having said that most people are happy working there.
Nice place to work.
Sr. Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
Its a nice place to work.People are very helpful. They will help you in all places. Co-workers are like friends, you can balance your family and work life here.