CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,073 reviews matching the search
only concerned about the bottom line
Senior CSR (Head Teller) (Current Employee) –  OntarioMay 7, 2016
This is a company who is only concerned about the bottom line. They say they care, but they really just don't. They are extremely understaffed and expect staff to do more than they have the time for. They hire management off of the street who know very little about what needs to be done and promote those who don't know how to do the duties their staff are expected to perform. It's sell, sell, sell. Push clients to use electronic banking options so they need less staff.

I could go on and on and on about how you shouldn't work for this company.
Pros
free service charges
Cons
they just don't care
Good management, culture, and work environment
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Generally, CIBC is a nice place to work as a developer. Your needs are supported, and generally management listen to new ideas about technology.

The people are good, and the management is fairly easy-going. The work can be hard, but for this you must challenge yourself and always keep asking and looking for new things to do.
Pros
Management, people, work-life balance
Cons
Not the newest technology, typical red-tape overhead
Stable job but a place for no or slow advancement
Retail Card Settlement Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto OntarioApril 10, 2016
The work culture is a comfortable and job tasks are generally pretty simple and not strenuous. The salaries are pretty low and there is very slow to no vertical room for growth at all with the company looking to cut costs and jobs as much as possible. A huge portion of the employees are only contractual without benefits or stable hours.
Pros
Easy job tasks, basic, good work culture
Cons
Low salary, no room for growth, no benefits, unconsistent weekly hours
Management is determined on seniority, not knowledge
Customer/Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 7, 2016
The compensation is terrible for what is expected. Annual bonuses for CSRs are a joke given the sales targets. Teller managers know less that the tellers in most cases and are typically lazy. Three of my teller managers would go out for at least 10 cigarette breaks per day, regardless of volume in branch or customer needs.
Pros
Nice co workers, decent hours and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Excellent place to work.
Small Business Officer (Former Employee) –  Freeport BahamasApril 6, 2016
Busy work place as there was only one branch on the island of Grand Bahama.
Excellent learning opportunities (I learned to analyze financial statements; business plans; net worth statements; write credit applications and basically be a financial consultant to small business customers).
Very nice co-workers and we all worked as a team.
Pros
Working at an island destination for a global bank.
Cons
Long hours. Outdated computer equipment.
Fun Crdial Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2016
I come in greet and engage my colleagues, if there are any follow up calls to clients I need to make from the day before I do so, get ready to process client requests while trying to find products that we have that might be beneficial to the client of help save them money if they are using a product (eg a particular bank account) that's is not beneficial to them.
Pros
short work hours, vague communication in terms of advancement
Cons
great place to work, great training, great work environment
it was stressful but at the same time fun envirnment
Financial Service Representative -Contact Center (Former Employee) –  5650 Yonge street, TorontoMarch 1, 2016
Worked for CIBC since 2003 in the Contact Centre. I saw a lot of changes. All systems were updated digitally. First team to bring in On-Line Banking. Lots of Training and encouragement.Very good Management and colleagues, very helpful though under a lot of pressure as it was 24/7 environment. In-house trainiing was the best.
Anyone looking for a job should apply at CIBC's Toronto Contact centre. Excellent training, experience and incentives.
I miss it.
Cibc
Vendor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at work includes setting up a new new vendor profile, analyzes additions or changes, calling vendors.

What I have learned while working at CIBC: I have learned a lot from being an Accounts Payable Specialist and Vendor Specialist. I also assist in special projects such as User Acceptance Testing.

I get along with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is doing a research/investigation on vendors.

The most enjoyable part of a job is working for a company that has my fit. My attitude is to be proactive and initiative.
CIBC has allowed me to gain the knowledge I need to move forward in my career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 9, 2016
I am responsible for ensuring customers have an exceptional experience dealing with CIBC by engaging with clients and demonstrating the fact that their business is highly valued.  I assist clients with day to day transactions, and extend their relationship with CIBC by identifying gaps in their financial needs.
Senior sales financial services representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
great company to work for; they take care of their employees. Good opportunities for growth. no complaints.
CIBC also has a very diverse network for all its employees and a lot of opportunities to be affiliated with different volunteer groups.
Pros
great team.
Cons
long hours.
Productive and peaceful place to work
Processing Clerk (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2016
My typical day at work start at 11.00 PM. I've learnt to be productive and accurate. Learned to achieve the target, it would be change day by day maximum 38 deposit per hour. I learned to identify counterfeit. My team is very helpful and friendly. It's positive and long work experience at Intria.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
great workplace you meet new people everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2016
a typical day would start of dealing with various clients face to face and over the phone. i learned alot about my clients to the point of a relationship is built and not just because of work and true relationship is built. my co-workers are great we go out sometimes after a hard days work. the hardest part of my job is not being able to help a client. the most enjoyable part is knowing a made a difference in someone's life.
Nice clean bathrooms and kitchen nice caring people
Customer Service Express Queue Line (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 3, 2016
I loved working there one of my best jobs wish i could have stayed longer but my pregnancy was high risk.The training was excellent and the nesting period we had a lot of help. Sometimes I thought I will do omething wrong but someone was always there to help me and when I was okay enough to work by my sel I felt confident something I wa lacking before I worked for CIBC.
Pros
nice people
Cons
finished at mid night not ideal for people living too far but it was fun
Productive and Professional Environment Where Employees Loved to Laugh
Operations Analyst & Coordinator (Former Employee) –  595 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5G 2C2February 3, 2016
Working for the PCFinancial Division of CIBC entailed sales analysis in the mornings, followed by goal setting and reviewing previews daily, monthly and yearly targets. Trouble shooting under performing regions to provide solutions to increase sales.

I learned to analyze data, targeting problems and make judgments using logic to underline decisions. Strong emphasis on team work and trusting your fellow co-workers and superiors.

Working to meet goals can create high pressure environments. Learning to cope with and overcome stress to obtain desired results and exceed expectations was the hardest and most rewarding part of PCFinancial.
Professional co-workers with ambitions to reach higher positions made for a great enviroment to hep eachother succeed as a team and as individuals.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 31, 2016
Great work enviroment. Everybody had the ability to help and teach their own methods towards other co-workers in order to be a great team.
Hardest part was not having a liable "coach/team leader" to guide me with the proper way of using the systems proved and handle calls.
Pros
Relaxing room with TV and downtown location gives access to many restaurants
Cons
breaks were 30 mins long whcih is not bad if you bring your own lunch
a great place to work, irrespective of the work role/position
QA - Project/Delivery Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2016
My day starts with status updates from the outsourced team and discussing about impacts on deliverable or on assignments for each team and/or team member. Discussing the needs of the team to the client and the dependencies of other LOBs and solving issues for the team for their next day's work based on the discussion with Dev Team, Business users. I summarize or share a quick update to whom i report, send replies to offshore team if there was any dependency.
Pros
More challenges
Cons
no opportunity to train
Fun Staff, Terrbile Management
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Management are ruthless, and expect you to follow orders as if it were a military style environment. Aside from that, each year they increase targets and expect you reach them even though no one else has. If you ask for help, they push you aside, there is no sharing of information, no oneness with your peers or management. The goals they set for you are not SMART, and you are expected to put your self down for not reaching them, and swear come he** or high water that you will deliver RESULTS the next time your manager sits with you!
Pros
friendly staff (save for management)
Cons
work through lunches, terrbile training, terrbile corporate culture.
Enjoyable Experience with a Great Team
Payment Validation Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
This place is very flexible in terms of hours. I learned many things such as teamwork and independence. A typical day includes working obviously, but an good balance of being able to socialise, therefore making it seem like a second home rather than just an office full of your co-workers.
I would recommend CIBC to anyone seeking employment
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
CIBC is a great place to work in. With values of "Teamwork, Trust and Accountability" CIBC builds an environment conducive for teamwork. I have worked in several teams within CIBC and it has been a great pleasure working with every team.

Individual and Team Achievements are recognized. Employees have an opportunity to pursue their development goals.
Volunteer Experience
Volunteer Annual Fundraising event Spin 4 Kids (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Developed and ran Sheridan College's first CIBC Run for the Cure team during the month of October. Developed effective time management skills and challenged my creative abilities.
Pros
Brought awareness to the Sheridan community about breast cancer
Cons
Every little instructions and unable to communicate with managers