CIBC

CIBC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wayy underpaid
Senior Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2015
One of easiest bank to get in. Due to lower salary compare to other FI. CIBC turn over ratio is much higher.

Management is okay some managers have good sales skills but no managerial skills.
Progressive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 3, 2015
Dealing with customer requests, problems, turning a problem into a solution or possible sale. I learned a lot working for CIBC, and met a lot of great people along the way.
The team I manage is great and the culture we have build is definitely the best
Manager, Credit Card Services (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioMarch 1, 2015
The department where I work, all team members are genuine, positive and know how to have fun and get work done at the same time.
It's a fast pace environment where changes can happen where updates given an hour ago can change with no prior notice.
The workplace stimulate good challenges and help people build capabilities.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), keswickFebruary 19, 2015
Hardest part of the job is to be on top of all the ongoing changes coming from management.
Co-workers were great and very team oriented.
Clients were always great as well.
Productive and Innovative at the work place
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2015
A good day start with wishing everybody and making the days agenda clear to all the team members.The management of the organization is very supporting and encouraging the new ideas.
productive
consultant at CIBC (Current Employee), torontoFebruary 11, 2015
productive, typical day at work is fun, i learned lot at this place, co workers are nice and friendly, the most enjoyable workplace.
Productive and energetic workplace
Incident Manager/ Acting Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great management team
Cons: no job security
I learned a great deal, great management team was a pleasure to work there and my co-worker we easy to talk to and we all worked well in a team setting
Fast Paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: management and co workers/clients
Cons: pay/hours
Typical day at work is dealing with clients who want some knowledge on accounts,investments, and other banking , Opening accounts for clients as well do clerical work, handle questions and complaints. Meeting targets and doing a lot of sales.
I have learnt a lot about the different types of investments that are offered, a better way of savings and building for a future.
Management is great, co workers are great. I am very out going so it makes things a lot easier to get a lot with everyone.
The hardest part is working 8 hours with a half and hour break.
Enjoyable part is knowing I have made a client happy and they are off to a good start with confidence with there funds.
Fast Paced
Pros: management and co workers/clients
Cons: pay/hours
The hardest part is working 8 hours with a half and hour break.
Great Place
Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Great place to work at. Excellent work culture with an awesome management and employee base. Very helpful and connected.
It is a productive, and fun place to work
Performance Testing Team Lead (Current Employee), torontoFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: it is a big company so lots to learn
Cons: i have been there for almost 10 years so time to change
I am a team lead in performance testing:

My daily activity involved:

Design a performance testing for a new client

Create a test case, script, and scenario for a client

Execute tests for clients and provide reports and analysis to clients and help clients to troubleshoot

The most enjoy part is troubleshooting

Also the most hardest part is troubleshooting but I enjoy every bit of my daily work
good job bad pay
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), winnipegFebruary 3, 2015
CIBC is a good company to work for, the people there were great. The position does not pay well in comparison to the other big banks in Canada
Very pleasant atmosphere to work in. Very skilled managers.
Senior Java/JEE Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
It was a very nice experience working at CIBC. Very team oriented and skilled managers. Used up-to-date technologies.
Great team members and peers - very knowledgeable and informed.
Senior Manager Disaster Recovery (BCM) Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
No two days are the sam e- Always learning something new and or interesting regarding Business or Service (Technical portfolio's ) of Continuity Management . Work was always interesting. Enjoyed the interaction between myself and clients / vendors. Enjoyed doing trouble shooting and practicing "out of the box thinking " to ensure LOB and department work priorities and numerous goals are met.
Fun workplace
Senior IT Manager (Current Employee), torontoFebruary 3, 2015
Busy and lots of challenges
deal with issues with a calm and peaceful approach
Good and helpful
good and helpful
Untrained users
Challeges new and old
Amazing Employees and Phenomenal Job Culture
Level 4 Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: amazing people, ample opportunity for advancement
Cons: training lacks consistency and direction, transperancy is valued but not exhibited, lacks job security.
While working at CIBC, I had the privilege of meeting some very intelligent and inspiring individuals. A typical day at work would begin with calendar management, to ensure my two Senior Directors were aware of the days events, and so that appropriate time management could take place throughout the day.
My typical day would also consist of an array of requests ranging from onboarding a new employee, completing expense reports, arranging off-site meetings, providing security & print cards, or just ensuring all team members have appropriate tools and supplies available to them at all times.
My team was estimated to be approximately 145 people in total, and residing at locations ranging from Downtown Toronto, Mississauga, North York, and India.
I was an active member of many committees including the Health and Safety, Employee Appreciation, and the Diversity Day Committee. I also was nominated to be the Female Searcher for the Fire Committee as well.
While at CIBC, I had the opportunity to learn many things from the Managers that I had the pleasure of supporting. They have taught me many aspects of the financial industry that will benefit me in my future endeavours, as well as providing me with ample opportunities to increase my level of knowledge within a Corporate Environment.
The hardest part of the job was having to say no to a team member when priorities needed to handled for a Director's request. However, I had an incredibly supportive team and was able to help as soon as the action item had been handled.
I truly enjoy assisting people as well as watching them grow and prosper – more... within a team environment. This position allowed me to do that.
But, I must say that the most enjoyable part of my position was being able to remain true to myself and bring a little enthusiasm and charity into the team. I would initiate themed team meetings and refreshments, random activities to build team spirit and, organize functions such as a indoor mini-putt Tournament to raise money for Charity.
Overall, it was a very pleasurable experience and I would like to thank my team for the opportunity of working with such phenomenal and amazing individuals! – less
Cibc
Part- time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 2, 2015
The best part and most enjoyable part of my job were my interactions with the clients I helped each day. During my time with Cibc I learned great time management skills and the importance of doing everything right first time.
fun days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winfield, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: meet new clients and learn new things everyday
Cons: grumpy customers
awesome all I all fun to work with new people and meet new clients and produce friends that come in on a regular basics. management was awesome and co-workers were awesome too.
It is good place to work
Mortgage Processing Officer (Current Employee), ToronotFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: sometimes we get breakfast and lunch.
Cons: as contract worker for5 years through manpower agent, still waiting for the opporunity to becom fulltime
Sometimes it is heavy volume so prepared to stay and complete, also there is sometimes processing issue - the application in not good order so it has to be declined unless otherwise it cleared by phone or email.
via resume
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), toronto,ontFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation
Cons: none to list
-deliver exceptional customer experience to network of clientele
-maintained ongoing positive attitude within the workplace
-overall positive work experience throughout the company
-promoting and maintaining team work in order to achieve success

1 2 3 4 5

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more