CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,316 reviews matching the search
Love to overwork the service team(tellers,ABM). OLD System
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 February 2017
Try to turn CSR's into FSR and then have line ups to the door.. if it was more of a team work environment it would be a much better place to work. Instead have to many sales rep and not enough tellers. Very excessive targets. Turn walk in appointments away to make cold calls. Hire inexperienced people causing huge mistakes.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Cons
Overworked, low salary, heavy targets, cuts in staff, old system.
Busy day with set of given targets
Verification Officer (Current Employee) –  Downtown, Toronto6 February 2017
Start my day By reviewing the number of task in the Que.
I get to see almost every day different type of documents and there is always something new to learn. Manager is always ready to help and gets any queries solved immediately by explaining it minutely.
Working environment is multi cultural with a team members who are always ready to help each other.
I don t believe there is any part which is difficult as everything comes with challenges and i personalty like challenges.
Dealing with the files with your judgement is very much enjoyable part as it shows that management believs in your work
Pros
Everyday Learning
Cons
Sometimes tasks are too complicated
A diverse and dynamic working environment and friendly culture.
Senior Software Solution Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
A diverse working environment with very skilled workers. A team oriented and cooperative working culture. I had the opportunities to work in very large scale enterprise projects with very tight deadlines. I really like the business and technical challenges that I need to face and overcome to provide viable and strategic solutions.
Pros
Work flexibility that works best with my personal life schedules
Cons
None I can think of.
Sales and services
Financial Services Representative II July (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 February 2017
In present position I sell mortgages products (secured line of Credit), unsecured products, refinance mortgage and acquire new mortgages. Setting up plan for each client is the most rewarding part of my job, in every meeting I and the client plan and set goals.
Clients are shown projected income for setup a plan for example registered education plan for their children, setting extra funds in their TFSA. Opening a GST account for their business. Documenting sales activities in sales pipeline, making outbound calls and making appointments for financial advice
My present position has helped me to build relation with people from all race I am always willing to take up challenges.
This was a productive experience
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 January 2017
• Complete transactions accurately and effectively and protect client privacy
• Initiate quality conversations and introductions resulting in quality referrals and closed sales
• Invest time in self-development by taking the bank as a good learning environment
• Understood all campaign products, services, branch operations, risk compliance and constantly exercised sound judgment, therefore became fluent and professional in client conversation
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Weekend shifts
Not a great experience
CUSTOMER SERCICE REP (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE17 February 2017
I worked at CIBC a few years ago now and, although the experience with somewhat educational, I still did not enjoy working at this location. I found management was not dedicated to proper training and understanding of their employees when first hired on. I'm sure there are worse places to work then this bank, but I personally wouldn't want to experience it again.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
bad management, grumpy co-workers
Good company with fair pay
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 February 2017
Sales Executive with Experience in Insurance and Healthcare Management
Created and implemented sales strategies to achieve 35% revenue growth per year. Highly effective management skills; able to motivate sales force and design incentive programs to achieve short and long-term sales goals.
Pros
Great office culture, lots of events, fair pay, opportunities to advance
Cons
Call center work
No opportunities for growth within the company
Sr. Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
Although recognized as a strong performer, pay is significantly below market with no opportunity for advancement. Work can be challenging due to personality management and politics if you're working across multiple LOB's.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Long hours, heavy dependency on technology, no opportunity for advancement and pay is significantly below market
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 December 2016
The job itself was great, solid stable hours, challenging and fast-paced environment, and a nice team to work with.
Management at the branch I worked at was lacking a lot. There was a lot of bullying going on, and a lack of guidance at times when it comes to sales tactics and new practices. The way that employees were treated left me disheartened and looking for something else, anywhere else. I'm sure many other branches were great and totally different, but that is my experience.
Pros
Generous with hours, flexible schedule, good team work
Cons
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 December 2016
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with the clients.
Working in a fast paced environment where we help clients do their every day banking and receiving something equally as valuable, a smile that says you’ve made their day easier.
Great management ,friendly co-workers
Great Place to Work
Financial Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 December 2016
Great place to work. Training is always available. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with clients and being able to help them. The gratitude they showed wether it be a mortgage, loan or a problem resolved is the best reward possible. Co-workers were great to work with. Everyone helped everyone. The hardest part of the job was times when we were short staffed.
Pros
Work/Lifestyle
Cons
Late nights
Leadership culture is not what they preach - job roles and demands ever changing and
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
CIBC tends to have a lot of policies in place but somehow miss out in implementing many of these to their directs. Although the pay is good and so are the benefits and various employee offers( share purchase plan) they tend to be somewhat outweighed by the stressful demands of the job. Poor life/ work balance especially when many areas do not allow working from home while others are not only allowed but encouraged. In today's Y Gen culture seems odd that they have yet to figure out that employee morale and also productivity will go up if people have the ability to strive for a better work balance with all of life's demands ( family , kids , taking care of elders) .
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of working from home / flexible work lifestyle
Professional
Senior AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2016
Work environment is team oriented and result focused. Managements gives lot of room and open to new ideas .
Everyday is learning experience and we have weekly meetings ,which I look forward to.
Manager sits down one on one to discuss our progress every week and shares the expectations and encourages us .
E-mails are sent out to other team members to share success stories with rest of the team as well.
Great work place
Bilingual Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Excellent support from Managers, NSL- National support line/EHD- Employee help desk, District representatives such as Mutual Funds Specialist, Lending and Mortgage Specialist, Insurance Specialist etc who help you in your role and your overall success. Overall hard work, dedication and motivation with desire to succeed is recognized by management and appreciated. Employee morale in the company is very positive. Targe
Re-organization without sufficient notice!
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
If you're an independent contractor, avoid this company like the plague.

Although they claim to be 'like a family', it is dysfunctional at best. After they recently underwent a reorganization, they started to chip away at the contractors by low-balling them when hired and then demanding they accept a pay cut to remain on the 'selected' list.

They appear to be speaking from both sides of their collective mouths.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Secrecy and lack of transparency.
Highly stressful but pay and bonus great...
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
At time can be stressful during their times when the different departments want to be competitive but it can also be very entertaining. Cibc has always been generous on food. Their benefits is amazing as well as their group investments. Cibc is very encouraging on advancement and education. I love working at Cibc but the current position i am currently in is too stressful for me more for someone who is just starting at cibc.
Pros
supporttive on advancement
Cons
can be stressful at times.
cibc experience
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 January 2017
it is definitely a rich customer service experience . I learned so much about dealing with different types of customers. I have helped my co-workers get passed a work obstacle. but unfortunately the management team was not the best . Hours kept changing and it was almost impossible taking a day off.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
long hours and low salary
Avoid this company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC13 November 2016
Horrible management and culture. Management including upper management promote and enjoy backstabbing. Can't get your work done because you're constantly stuck in "meetings", conference calls and make work projects.

The systems are extremely outdated and there numerous issues with screw ups. They do pay higher than the average bank but that's because they have to. It's also fairly easy to move up as the turnover is very high.
Overall a friendly place to be.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 January 2017
A typical day at work started with opening my wicket and helping regular and new customers with all of their banking transactions and any new inquiries they may have. My co-workers were very supportive and encouraging, however I experienced some unique challenges with regards to management during my time with CIBC specifically related to a re-organization that occurred during my training. The hardest part of the job was when my customer service talents were put to the task when dealing with particularly disgruntled customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the day-to-day interactions with customers and getting to know different people.
Pros
Love helping customers with their day to day banking and questions they may have.
Cons
Challenges with management and lack of sufficient training.
great company to work for
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
CIBC has great corporate culture with great managers.

In my time there I have learned time management, working cooperatively with my branch partners to complete tasks and achieve goals.

The hardest part of current job is that my pay is not consistent as I'm on 100% commisioned.
Pros
flexibility, great management, benefits
Cons
inconsistent pay