CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

Cibc bank
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
I work at CIBC Bank at Downtown toronto location and its a great company to work for. I have enjoyed my time alot. thank you
Pros
multiculture oriented
Cons
Good
Mutual Funds/Financial Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
ITS NOT A BAD ORGANIZATION TO WORK WITH, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER BANK. I've realized the culture and everything is the same with all the big 5 banks, it just depends on which department you work at.
great workplace you meet new people everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2016
a typical day would start of dealing with various clients face to face and over the phone. i learned alot about my clients to the point of a relationship is built and not just because of work and true relationship is built. my co-workers are great we go out sometimes after a hard days work. the hardest part of my job is not being able to help a client. the most enjoyable part is knowing a made a difference in someone's life.
Diversity
Business support officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Data Entry, Review,Process.
Our clients were the tellers and branchs
Friendly, helpfull
Dead line for certain process
Flexible time
Fast Paced
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ONFebruary 1, 2016
The level of calls you take would vary from 30 - 80 depending on how busy it is. I learned to multi-task through various of internal operations for clients as well as found out which calls you should just service them and which calls you would give them advise.
Applications
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
CIBC is technologically advanced and as I am new to the company still learning a lot. Much oriented in educating the clients about all channels available for banking.
Pros
Technology
Cons
More focus needed on customer service
Professional co-workers with ambitions to reach higher positions made for a great enviroment to hep eachother succeed as a team and as individuals.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 31, 2016
Great work enviroment. Everybody had the ability to help and teach their own methods towards other co-workers in order to be a great team.
Hardest part was not having a liable "coach/team leader" to guide me with the proper way of using the systems proved and handle calls.
Pros
Relaxing room with TV and downtown location gives access to many restaurants
Cons
breaks were 30 mins long whcih is not bad if you bring your own lunch
A very Fun place to work
Incident Response Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
The whole management is great, very helpful and encouraging. I have learned a lot in the training and when you go out live after training everyone is there to help you out
Fun Place and secured job
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2016
each day you can learn more, nice team and work culture is really nice. Stress free. management will understand your pressure and act according to it.
Pros
TTC VIP metro Pass
Cons
so far everything good.
a great place to work, irrespective of the work role/position
QA - Project/Delivery Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2016
My day starts with status updates from the outsourced team and discussing about impacts on deliverable or on assignments for each team and/or team member. Discussing the needs of the team to the client and the dependencies of other LOBs and solving issues for the team for their next day's work based on the discussion with Dev Team, Business users. I summarize or share a quick update to whom i report, send replies to offshore team if there was any dependency.
Pros
More challenges
Cons
no opportunity to train

Want to know more about CIBC?

Ask a question
Nice place to work
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I was working as a Software Developer. Team is very nice and helpful. I gain so much knowledge about whole development process. Worked on many different application.
Good experience
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
good place to work and make connections.Nice working environment and enjoyable co-workers. The locations is great as well
Pros
training provided
Cons
?
Not recommended to anyone
Directeur de centre bancaire (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 20, 2016
A place where you are always under pressure by performing and where you should not take your job as granted. The bank that pay the less in all in the Canadian bank.The only good thing that is bad at the same time is that you learn to do everything. Your are not specialized in any type of services so it's good for people in their beginning of career.
great benefits, pay higher than minimum wag, must have product knowledge and be able to sell
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BCJanuary 19, 2016
great benefits, pay higher than minimum wage, must have product knowledge and be able to sell. always room to grow within the company
Good experience
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJanuary 17, 2016
I had a great experience form working at one of Canadian largest bank CIBC. Good team, great management, great job to do.
Very professional environment....
Systems Analyst(Designer/Sr. Developer) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
The management at CIBC was extremely professional. The team I was working with was very helpful. The product was extremely complex in nature but was well documented. We were using latest technologies for cheque clearing. The hardest part of the Job was to keep the documentation upto with changes. I was doing a lot of UML and designing and learnt a lot as a result.
Pros
Very supportive management and team
Best Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parksville, BCJanuary 11, 2016
At CIBC we were like family. Our team worked extremely well together. If anyone needed help others were there to help. There was no gossip among the co-workers. Management was terrific to talk to. Extremely flexible with children's needs (if they were sick). The hardest part of my job was up-selling. If the client says "No I'm not interested" than I don't like to push. My Favorite part of the job was interacting with clients. Getting to know them, help with their banking needs and solving any problems they may have. I enjoy working with the public.
trading floor experience
Analyst, Trade Control (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I work on the trading floor and it is a good experience and you learn a lot. The culture is different then most working places due to all the different roles
Overall Positive
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJanuary 11, 2016
It was a limited atmosphere that gave it's representative limited responsibilities, but they did take steps to ensure employee wellness.
good place to work with
QA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
good team players
relaxed environment in some departments
salary and benefits are lower then market
Not much growth opportunities