CIBC

CIBC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not Required
CSR/BSR/Head CSR (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 26, 2015
I am looking to leave the company as I am personally not satisfied and look for career alternatives. Job stability, advancements, and satisfaction are not meeting my needs.
Awesome workplace with lot of knowledge sharing and stable job and career uliftment
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2015
Run batches and troubleshoot production issues and create feeds for file transfer and also create script for autosys jobs
Highly detail oriented and Multi-tasking skills. Customer Service Focused, Trustworthy and dependable Mathematical aptitude Sound decision making a
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
I really enjoy my job. love working with people, best part of my job is to help clients with their financial needs.
Most enjoyable part of my job is to meet new people on daily basis and get to know them and build relationship.
Great bank to work for.
Trading Control Investment Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Large bank with many opportunities within the organization
Cons: Large banks continually restructure.
CIBC was a great bank to work for. I started with Wood Gundy and was promoted to a position with CIBC as Trading Control Investment analyst.
further steps
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 16, 2015
Pros: enjoyable, teamwork, challenge, achievement.
Cons: routine
To work in Mortgage department one has to have a global background of the general situation at a time and good projections for the future in accordance with the fluctuation of the ongoing markets. I faced a very particular issue, for instance I had a call from an attorney asking why the bank is taking him to court. After debating the issue with my superior who had no answer to such query I , personally took the initiative asking the attorney for his personal phone number in order to follow up with the legal department to take action.
On the other hand, the happy moments were among the team who can do sales more than the other as a matter of joking in our assignment.
Control officer,Data entry, some Admin, First Aid
Control Officer (Former Employee), calgary ABApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great Benifits
Cons: The 3 hr comute when bulding moved
CIBC was a great place I enjoyed my 16 years there were many new changes over time. So a lot of learning to do which I really enjoyed. The management was great and so were the staff. Worked well as a team and on my own.
productive and fun
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoApril 13, 2015
good work place and fun. work was challenging and i enjoyed it throughout the project and I can use this experience to next job and will improve my performance to the next level.
Good working environment
Investment Representative (Licensed) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: Clients are mostly knowledgeable about the product/services.
Cons: The constant changes and demands
Accept and process trading and non trading orders as per client's request.Investigate and resolve inquiries and complaints related to accounts.
Ability to prioritize daily tasks,multi-task, and deal with a variety of personalities ( internal & external ) and capable of quickly shift priorities and deliver results.

Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.

Implement initiatives focused on building more profitable client relationships, by providing exceptional customer service to meet client’s needs. Identify opportunities to grow the business through strong sales focus and/or streamlining processes to reduce expenses

Focused concentration while reviewing different system platforms and listening intently to identify opportunities or decipher information in order to provide the best client service experience effective and efficiently.
Beware if you're a contractor!
Project Management (Former Employee), Intria - MississaugaApril 10, 2015
Pros: Allow you to work from home
Cons: Bullies, Old Boys' Club mentality
They changed my contract midstream to suit themselves rather than wait until it expired. They also changed the terms so they'd only have to give me 5 days notice. When I complained to my recruiter they said they'd pull me that very afternoon.

Soo... I dropped the issue but started looking for a new job that day.
Bullies are supported, teams are pretty 'clique-y'.

I would never go back and would not recommend them.
Fun place to work
- Different everyday
- A lot of talented people
- A variety projects
- Team makes the environment the best
Fun and Productive place to work
Bilingual Transaction Processing Officer (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 31, 2015
CIBC was a great experience to learn the banking business. They were very helpful in making me understand the concept and processes that were assigned to me. The environment is was great. Everyone helped each other with their tasks.
a work place that exploit staff and their situations.
Senior Business Systems Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: nothing extraordinary
Cons: least concern for staff and their self respect
Also has a system of protecting abusive Managers and making use of staff and their life circumstances for their advantage
Committed to doing business at the highest standards of ethics and governance
Manager, Office Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Very impressive corporate social responsibility program.
Cons: No Cons.
A typical day was always unique, fun and challenging.
The most rewarding part of the job was being part of a dynamic team and working on many of the CSR committees that they endorse.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
i have enjoyed my time at CIBC, but now i want to grow.

it is great place to get training in financial services. management is making a difference.

advancements are tough to come by.
Challenging and Exciting Opportunity
Summer Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: engaging workplace and ambitious culture
630 AM Start
Sit through the morning meeting at 7am-8am to prepare for the market open at 930AM.

Most time spent at the desk fulfilling various tasks assigned by the analyst and senior associate to add value to their coverage. Would often be in the office beyond 630 in the evening and came in on the occasional weekend.
Learned a lot
Senior Technical Analyst (Full-time) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Gained a lot experience it further my skills in desktop support. Great peer group which helped in daily tasks. Enjoyed working with clients/users who welcomed my services. Hardest part was leaving the job do restructuring.
volenteered
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 17, 2015
I was a teller at CIBC, I cashed cheques, deposited large amounts of cash and referred products to meet customers needs. I did a lot of volunteering for companies CIBC wished to support. This included running bake sales, creating signage and getting employees involved.
Good working environment
Technical Field Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Working with CIBC is very good experience in my IT field. I am learning new things here and its very good and large company to work with.
productive work place fun place to work
Trade Settlement Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, OntMarch 16, 2015
Pros: to work with good people
Cons: long hours
Settling switches & reporting errors.Getting along well
co-workers. & management staff. Learning to deal with
many different kinds of people.
Work in progress
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: security.
Cons: workers sometimes get treated as cogs.
CIBC has been an interesting and challenging culture to work in. I have worked with several different stakeholders in various lines of business which have ranged from progressive to old school to out and out cowboys.

1 2 3 4 5

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more