CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,072 reviews matching the search
Good Advancement
Lead, Advanced Analytics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2016
Management, work life balance, salary and job security are great at CIBC. The job culture is vastly different across the various lines of businesses, which might not be ideal for people who dislike organizational red tape.
it is a fun place to work
Project QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2016
management is cooperative , great work culture. Company often send you for training. Gives you a chance to update your skills set.the only set back is salary is not competitive.
Pros
friendly Environment, cooperative mangers
Cons
Salary is not competative
Team Oriented Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCNovember 4, 2015
Work in a team environment, greet clients and offer them benefits that fit their needs. I have learned how to look forward to work every single day and have a positive outlook on helping others as well as quickly problem solve. There were many different aspects of the job and the hardest part was not being trained completley on all of them, therefore making it hard to achieve customer satisfaction all the time. Most enjoyable part of the job was achieveing weeekly teamwork goals, with a healthy competition to help us succeed and meet those goals.
Pros
monthly work gatherings
Cons
Not enough hours.
Overall Experience
Manager of Analytics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
CIBC is a great place to work with an overall positive atmosphere and intelligent, friendly co-workers. Salary can be competitive depending on what department of the bank you work in and depending on the type of mentor/mentee relationship you have.
Pros
Positive Atmosphere
Fun place to work until restructuring.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMarch 15, 2016
Good place to work with good benefits but restructuring in process leading to job eliminations. Enjoyed meeting clients and assisting all team members. Difficult to adhere to job description duties only.
Pros
Fun place to work had a great team.
Cons
sometimes extra hours worked
Good place to start a career
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 4, 2015
CIBC offered me invaluable experience and a wealth of training. The benefits were good, but the pay was awful. I started in my sales role with no experience and therefore started at the minimum salary. After 2 years of good sales numbers and great performance, they refused to give me a raise more than the $600/year inflation increase. Bonuses were not indicative of your personal performance, but as a district, which could lead you to be severely underpaid for your skill set and performance. Management at the branch level was good, but upper management seemed like they were constantly panicking and therefore not properly doing there job as a people manager. They did not help with advancement or provide any support when you wanted to move up.
Pros
Hours were decent, 3 weeks vacation, good experience, good training
Cons
Poor salary, lack of assistance in advancement
Great benefits, poor job security
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSMarch 12, 2016
Great benefits / treated very well when doing well, nothing but a number to get rid of later. Little chance for advancement.
Pros
Short hours for decent salary, good benefits
Cons
Stressful work.
Cibc
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 4, 2016
Very good salary, bonuses, and benefits.
Scheduling was a bit harsh, and the location was poor unless you use public transportation. Parking is expensive, and they do not offer free employee parking of any kind.
Sales targets were pretty intense.
Pros
Salary, Bonus, Benefits
Cons
Schedule Hours, Parking
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 6, 2016
Great place to work and compensated well for the job you perform. Great benefits
Central Location
Management friendly
Community spirit
great envirioment to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCDecember 3, 2015
enjoyed working here over the years, I learned a lot dealing with peoples needs and product knowledge. Had a great management that I got along great with there were very compliable to my needs and hours with my kids. Loved and got along with everyone I worked with we had a great team. The hardest thing I would have to say is leaving my job.
Pros
great benifits
Productive and fast-paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 10, 2015
There is no typical day at work because everyday offers a new challenge with the ability to reach out to new and existing clients.

The management team is supportive with helping you achieve your professional goals by providing professional development training.

Something I have learnt about the financial sector is that everything is driven by sales, based on what is going to be best for the clients needs. Banking is for the salesman oriented, not the customer service provider.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making long lasting relationships with colleagues and clients.
Pros
Benefits, three weeks paid vacation
Cons
Extended hours at most branches
Excellent work place
Personal Banking Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 5, 2015
CIBC is a very fun, yet professional work place where you grow with your efforts.

Since I am working as a financial representative my role is particularly contains targets. All of the bank products such as Mortgages, Line of credits, loans, credit cards, chequing and saving accounts, investments, we are required to sale all together. I am very delighted that I am continuously exceeding my targets and one of the top performers within my role.
Pros
Level of compensation is derived by your hardwork
Cons
no Cons
performing banking transactions,friendly staff,feeling helpful to customers
teller cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 3, 2015
My co-workers were extremely helpful and I was given a very good training program. Dealing with the public was an enjoyable part of my day. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell some customers products that the bank offered. This was mandatory but I felt uncomfortable doing this.
Pros
lower interest rates than the general public on loans
Cons
the salary was not great
Small Business Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 26, 2016
Was a great place to work, I left only do to a better opportunity to run my own Branch. Benefits were great, co workers were awesome, the over all experience was great.
Pros
Cons
30 days notice for vacation
Pretty Bad Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  montrealOctober 7, 2015
In my time at CIBC, I was promised a lot of advancement and that their employees were very well taken care of. They set unreasonably high targets for sales that I had to push onto POOR people. Imagine having to shove a credit card down the throat of an elderly gentleman who is already 20k in debt. Because I had no heart for that offer, the system that carefully tracks your referrals has flagged me. Believe me when I tell you that working at a bank only looks fancy because you're in a suit...

They try to hype up their employees just to get them motivated to sell, sell, sell. They don't really care. Oh and a 5 cent increase per year to your salary?!

Also, try balancing a huge amount of cash. If you don't balance by more than 5$, chances are you're staying, even if its 2 hours UNPAID. This happens very often.

Lastly, they train you online, by showing some sketchy videos and multiple choice answers. When the real deal comes and you aren't aware of certain procedures because you WERE NOT trained for them, they fire you. FOR SIMPLE SMALL MISTAKES.
Pros
You wear a suit
Cons
Long standing hours, force you to sell or you're out, outdates programs and computers
Steady
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 2, 2016
Steady and secure. Everything is really set up for the house, the employees don't see a great deal of profit sharing. Would be nice to have extra compensation atleast for extra hours being put in.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Salary doesn't cover extra's in life. Living wage?
good
Risk Analyst, Capital Markets Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
-good work/life balance with decent salary and benefits

-laid back culture

-good managers

-bad part of job is the slow IT department
great benefits, pay higher than minimum wag, must have product knowledge and be able to sell
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BCJanuary 19, 2016
great benefits, pay higher than minimum wage, must have product knowledge and be able to sell. always room to grow within the company
I love the interaction between myself,my co-workers and the customers
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2015
A typical day involves me taking 60-70 phone calls which includes a wide range of issues, such as technical, financial and also emotional. I learn daily about the different lifestyles that we lead and how financial goals and aspiration differs and how individual gets to those goals are quite unique.
The management style is a open concept which i love, everyone is accessible.
My co-workers share a unique bond because they can relate to the daily struggles.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to help someone especially a senior when they desperately need some financial help/guidance.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping someone who may be drowning in debt and are financial illiterate and may feel hopeless, but after i guide them and help them consolidate thus freeing up some much need collateral, which in term changed their entire life. That is the most rewarding aspect of my job..
Pros
Good benefits and bonue
Cons
changing shifts
Great experience
Senior Branch Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I enjoyed working at CIBC. They really care about their employees and benefits were great.
A typical day started with opening the branch, prepping all cashes, balancing ABMs and bringing positive energy to the team.
I answered phones and met with clients regarding Power of Attorneys and Estates. I was the associate for the management team. I was responsible for all risk to the branch and monitored all suspense accounts and all NSF recoveries.I was responsible for the largest contract CIBC Ottawa had with the district Ottawa hospitals. Processing all their deposits daily and meeting all their daily needs.
I enjoyed organizing birthday celebrations, retirement parties and charitable events such Weekend to End Breast Cancer. I am a very organized person as my job was demanding and time sensitive. The thing I loved most about my job was working with clients and meeting their needs. I also placed outbound calls and booked people in for reviews with colleagues on an daily basis.
Pros
Very busy branch so I was always busy and days went fast
Cons
It seemed like there were never enough hours in the day to do all I wanted to do.