CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers and managers
Account Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Lots of work social events
Cons: Long Hours
CIBC is an excellent financial institution to work with. There are many different departments that you can be a part of and the management structure is professional and cohesive. Everyone gets along well and the atmosphere is great for networking and learning while on the job.
Okay Employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 29, 2015
Pros: great training, great benefit options, great stock share plan options, great people working in and around you everywhere, prepares you with an unmatched skill-set in customer-service, interpersonal skills, communication, multi-tasking, prioritizing, performance goals
Cons: lack of sufficient parking, unenjoyable commute if you dont live nearby, unethical and quetionable business practices you have to defend or you are penalized, self-serving upper management at head office, knowing you are working for the bad guy instead of the good guy
The previous CEO McCaughy had mass layoffs so he could get a ten million dollar bonus and short-term pseudo-gains to report to shareholders, so job security is an illusion here for sure, but during my time there the training was effective, and transferable to any job. The Team Managers were amazing people, the workers were great too, the customers were usually pretty awesome too, the major problems usually came up when the higher ups made bad decisions and forced their own profiteering agendas onto customers and workers, and used deception and fine-print methods to snake their way by to their benefit and the detriment to employees and their customers on the front lines.Ethically, those in charge make the decision to work for this employer a moral one.
A people person passionate about building efficiency in all areas of job functions by synergizing the processes and systems aligned to goals
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 20, 2015
entails achieving the organization's goal " to deepen client relationships". The most rewarding part of the job is building relationships based on trust; with clients, coworkers, and other support functions and departments.
Great people and a great place for employment
Director, Application Operations AS400 (Former Employee), TorontoJune 18, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: annual incentive increases to small
Work from home a bonus
learned daily, banking and technologies
management very helpful and supportive
excellent people and environment
forcing folks to work overtime
A bank with excellent banking service
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2015
CIBC is a good place to work at. I learned a lot from my work and coworkers. The coworkers are good and helpful. CIBC values Trust, Team work and accountability.
It was okay
QA- Test Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Not as productive or busy as I would have liked. The culture was amazing and the people were awesome. The work wasn't as busy so it left a lot of time to socialize. I made some great friendships and everyone was always there to help you when you needed it.
Achieving dream one step at a time
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2015
Before I joined my current company, I was working for a small firm on Front west street. I told myself that one day I will work for large corporation and move to Bay street. Now I'm working right on Bay and realized that as long as I set an achievable goal and work hard toward my dream, it's possible to make it happen.

For the past three years, I was focusing to get my designation done therefore I wasn't looking for any jobs. Now I'm fully ready to advance myself and develop my career to the next level.

My current work environment is very relaxing and it's a good stepping stone for – more... a young individual to start off his or her career. However I'm looking for more exposures and challenges and current position will not bring me more after 4 years of working.

From my current role I have learnt so much about capital markets and investment banking. The benefit of working in a small team is that I get to learn different aspects from my co-workers when business is getting busier and when I provide coverage during their absence. I enjoy contacting different groups of people including internal and external and problem solving on time.

Multi-tasking and time management allow me to solve issues and works efficiently and effectively.

After our restructure, I'm no longer doing reporting therefore I have decided to move on for opportunity that allows me to do more reporting, analysis to balance with accounting functions. – less
A fast paced busy place to work
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Elliot Lake, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits, challenging work
CIBC is a good company to work for. I have learnt a lot from starting on the front line then moving back into the loans office. I have had the opportunity to help young couples get their first mortgage which was pretty amazing, to helping parents save for their child's education through the use of Registered Education Savings Plans .
Great for benefits, but managers are the problem, very incompeten
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoJune 10, 2015
Great for benefits, but managers are the problem, very incompetent,not sure i want to say more other than the entire management staff feel as though they are entitled and the others are just minions
Personal Banking Representative (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 10, 2015
The most rewarding aspect was able to help customers to cater to their needs.
Great Place to work
Very good team work in the workplace
Problematic stats
Credit Services Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: Good wage, pleasant workplace
Cons: Completely insane support and sales expectations
While CIBC is a good company to work for in general, its sales targets are abusive of both their customers and their support representatives, to the extent that you are effectively required to offer people who can barely speak any English or who are in a bad mood or even while their in-line being served and their card is just getting declined for something while they try to get on with their day, all of which they advise against in their respectful selling documents. There are a number of structural issues as well with their service support documents, a number of holes and/or outdated information throughout the support documents that make some call types effectively impossible to complete without manager authorization, leading to up to 1hr hold times for managers, usually averaging 20 minutes on a regular basis. And my direct manager also had no training or practical experience with our position, just with sales. However, this was only on the credit card customer support side of things; there might be other departments that aren't so bad.
Not reliable income
customer service representative (Former Employee), Peterborough districtJune 2, 2015
Being hired as a part time CSR and promised room for more hours but was was only given hours when people were on holidays. Hours were cut back and dispersed between other staff that were retired. Pay grade isn't sufficient and unrealistic if wanting to start a career with Cibc. Bonus pay only goes up a few cents each year even when your beyond meeting sales targets. Overall an ok position if looking for work immediately, turn over rate is so high because they don't hire full time and pay isn't the greatest. Management is poor, each branch has different policies and regulations of what you can and can't do. Rules are negotiable towards different staff and if they are liked or not. When sales targets are doing well and beyond expectations CIBC still seems not to appreciate it and is never happy with results, in return they heavily push for more.
Great opportunities and great employer
Senior Commercial Banking Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 1, 2015
Pros: Flexibility of work schedule and recognition for a job well done
Cons: Number of reports that had to be completed.
Thoroughly enjoyed working in the commercial banking culture for as long as I did. Best part of the job was working with clients and helping them achieve their goals, even when their vision needed to be tempered sometimes. The hardest part was sometimes having Risk Management view the same opportunities for my clients as I did.
Productive and Fun workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Driving to work
Only worked as a temporary employee for a short time before going back to college.

I learned a lot about RRSP and data entry.
Great workplace
Systems Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2015
Great workplace that allowed me to keep learning on a daily basis. My typical day involved everything from development to database management to resolving production issues and, finally, to managing clients. All in all, great place to work with many opportunities for advancement.
A good place to work
Audit & Collection Operation Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2015
A bank which works with advisor's. Good team work environment.
A good place to work with enjoyment for skilled people of all fields.
MY JOB
Prepping Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 28, 2015
Pros: NO GYM REQUIRED
Cons: EXHAUSTING, STRESSFUL
HIGHLY PHYSICAL
99 PERCENT
ERROR FREE WORK ALWAYS
Constant Change
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: Quality people to work with
The constant reorganization were an issue. I basically held the same job, with two different titles, over 6 years. Until they completely changed the roll and reduced the scope and tried to give the work to people who were already pressed for time doing their current responsibilities.
Stressful Sales Position
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Haliburton, ONMay 26, 2015
typical work day was cold calling and meeting with CIBC clients to sell them additional CIBC products
became MFDA registered
learned sales techniques
very old-school management that focused on micro-management and wanted yes men
A company which takes care of it's employees a lot
Network Implementation Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
I would suggest if you are looking for a job try TELUS. It's a very good company to work with. Co workers are very friendly. managers are very cooperative.

1 2 3 4 5

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more