CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,222 reviews matching the search
Highly stressful but pay and bonus great...
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
At time can be stressful during their times when the different departments want to be competitive but it can also be very entertaining. Cibc has always been generous on food. Their benefits is amazing as well as their group investments. Cibc is very encouraging on advancement and education. I love working at Cibc but the current position i am currently in is too stressful for me more for someone who is just starting at cibc.
Pros
supporttive on advancement
Cons
can be stressful at times.
Excellent work environment with accommodating management.
Credit Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON6 July 2016
-Overall, an excellent place to work
-CIBC tried hard to keep employees happy through events, contests, recognition, and were often quite accommodating when it came to balancing work/life issues
-Salary was appropriate for an entry level position, and commission was moderate
-Advancement was possible and encouraged, but requires maximum effort and proven statistics - opportunities are presented often
-Management was excellent, encouraging employees to do their best and supplying the assistance/coaching/tools necessary to achieve personal goals
Pros
excellent training/coaching/support
Cons
late hours, inflexible schedule at beginning of employment
Good organization in which to gain experience in finance and customer service.
Senior Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 October 2016
Typical workdays vary depending on the location and time of month. I have learned how to stay organized and calm during busy periods. Management and coworkers vary from branch to branch.The hardest part of the job is maintaining composure and focus when there is a lineup and clients are angry. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with and getting to know your clients and coworkers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Rigid hours and understaffing
human rights
service desk specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
CIBC is at the edge of the law when hiring or accommodating people with disabilities. However they would rather involved legal department and spend thousand in fighting Human Rights Commission then accommodate a person with mental disabilities.
Pros
good salary and good benefits
Cons
no job security
great 9 to 5 if thats all you want in life
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 September 2016
if you are looking for a stable 9 to 5 job with good benefits CIBC is great , but with a confused corporate culture and a highschool work environment have lead me to seek a more professional culture that is client focused and believes in ethical practices
Pros
9 to 5 job
Cons
poor culture
Overall A Good Place to Work
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 September 2016
CIBC was a fast-paced and sometimes stressful location with many of the sales employees walking off the floor in tears from the stress of meeting quotas. I didn't have such quotas but was still under a great deal of pressure to get my duties done in a timely manner. I work well under pressure and time constraints but sometimes it was too much.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stress from Time Constraints
Cibc
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
Had the opportunity to work on a number of new and exciting projects. The management team is supportive and continually looking to advance. It is a very hard-working environment with changing priorities; but the compensation and benefits account for the effort.
Reputable company to work for
Mortgage Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Great work environment. However many people are on contract and not full time employees so salary and benefits are lacking. I don't think me or my coworkers would stay if there were more options. But great management and good work environment.
Minimum 80 hour work week expected to meet goals
Mobile Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario27 June 2016
The Mortgage Advisor Role: Very little support given to new hires. Negatives are highlighted, while positives are down-played. Zero work/life balance.

CIBC as a whole: Making great strides technologically, branch climate is generally happy.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Complicated compensation structure, unrealistic hours to be worked
Not ideal for long tem employment
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 November 2016
Great benefits, not competitive salary, rewarding when you can change someone's life, high demand, stress, management is hit or miss.
targets were difficult to reach
Ontario - Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 September 2016
Although the salary was very good (almost 40k) and the work opportunity for commission was there, it was a very difficult job to enjoy, many clients would just be angry that you're calling them are 8pm to sell them a credit card
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life until you quit
Not a lot to say positive
Financial Service Associate (FSA) (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK and Regina, Sk16 October 2016
Built some great customer relationships and also with some fellow co-workers
Management not supportive
wage poor
benefits good
Pros
Customers
Cons
Expectations
Lots to do and learn
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCi1 November 2016
Make sure to keep personal separate from people you work with !! Experienced lots of different ways to do things as well as picked up many software experience.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Cons
High work load
Solid Company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Anonymous4 October 2016
My only real complaint is that the technology is pretty weak. It makes it difficult to quickly know everything you want about a client. There's a different system for almost every type of sale.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Technology
great training and learning experience
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
You need to work really hard to grow fast within the bank. Has great opportunities and great training centre. I also met great managers and co workers
Pros
You can grow within the organization
Cons
Low salary
Great Company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2016
Over my 3+ years at CIBC, I was successfully able to transition to different roles and get the support I needed to advance. I love the fast-paced environment and the aggressive sales approach at the call centre. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and little recognition for the extra work that was put in.
Cons
Great environment to work, there is is always a room to grow within the company with great support from the management. Great benefits too!
Senior Clerk Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
I had a great great experience working with CIBC. We ordinarily love to come a bit early and prepare our breakfast to talk about the life in and out of the office.

I learned so much about the banking process of Records Management and other Banking Processes plus Self development Training like: Code of Conduct, Client Workshop, Employee Training and Development and others to help advance my career.

The management acknowledged all my hard works and contribution to the company.

I have a good relationship with my co-workers and we share our ideas together and help each other and this is the reason for us to achieve awards.

The hardest part of my job was when people in my team called in sick at the same time. Its hard to meet the deadline without enough people to do the job, but was able to make necessary solutions with the help of the management.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are recognized of our hard work and everybody is helping each other to reach our goal.
Pros
Bonuses/Christmas Party/Professional Training/a lot of opportunities
Cons
Very busy, long hours
typical day at work
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
days starts at 12pm - 8pm
start with doing setup for daily testing, after setup is complete then deal with various admin activities and project meetings
lunch time whenever you are free (no meetings and setup is complete)
daily testing cycles starts around 4:30 till end of day.

Learn to do user acceptance testing for the bank's business initiatives in the perspective of mainframe programs and codes. supporting up to 6 different environments for different projects (max workload would be 2 environments at any given time.)

We have a small team, management and coworkers are nice and helpful.

the most enjoyable part of the job is there's always something new to learn, as new projects come and go there will always be new issues to fix, work hour is ok but i personally like it, work flexibility is also very good.
Pros
flexible, good work life balance, work from home
Cons
advancment is limited in this particular line of business
sales and card products
Bilingual Credit Analyst/Client Care (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 July 2016
taking 100 income calls per day with focus on client solutions by linking benefits with offers. work life was flexible depending on manager.
great company to work for
Developer/TechLead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2016
Fun to work , understand employee problems , satisfactory salary and positive atmosphere that bring out great ideas , focussed on process and implementation