CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,358 reviews matching the search
Employees are not well treated
Data Management and Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
A lot of internal politics, rather than working people harass each other, and the management doesn't do a good job keeping it under control. Not just internal, but also they try to bring in diversity, yet the whole place feels unprofessional, people screaming very unprofessionally, team leaders yell at group members trying to emberass in front of everyone when mistakes are made. Oh and training programs are the worst.
Pros
Cons
Not professional
Great opportunities and great collegues
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC10 March 2017
A day as a financial advisor for CIBC is filled with about 3-5 appointments with clients and about 1-2h of calling clients from our list. We also spend time working on pending client files, greeting clients in the lobby and filling out various paper work. The hardest part of my job is the sales part. I'm always close to the weekly sales objective, but never surpass it. The things I like the most is helping out clients in need of advise with their finances. I also enjoy working with my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, salary, client contact, great co-workers
Cons
No overtime, sales objectives, call and talk to 35 clients a week to try and book appointments
Love to overwork the service team(tellers,ABM). OLD System
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 February 2017
Try to turn CSR's into FSR and then have line ups to the door.. if it was more of a team work environment it would be a much better place to work. Instead have to many sales rep and not enough tellers. Very excessive targets. Turn walk in appointments away to make cold calls. Hire inexperienced people causing huge mistakes.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Cons
Overworked, low salary, heavy targets, cuts in staff, old system.
It's alright.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Crossfield, AB14 March 2017
I love my job here. The clients are amazing, and so is my manager. The benefits package is also really great. However, I cannot give a higher rating due to the fact that the salary is so low. I can barely afford to eat, but it takes up just enough of my time that having another job is hardly an option. In addition to this, it really feels like the higher management (other than my two direct managers) really do not care about their employees. There is no option for more hours at the branch I work at (without getting in trouble). Overall, it's an amazing place to work if you don't actually need the money.
Nice place to work and very friendly
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 March 2017
I enjoy working at CIBC. Just like every job there are pros and cons. One of the pros is that the management team is very easy going and is extremely understanding and helpful.

Cons include a lot of rules. For example my office can't print anymore papers? I can't save documents to my computer, I'm forced to email them to myself everyday. Everything is calculated by the minute, wether you are on the phone, off the phone, in the bathroom, getting water, its all calculated in percentages.
Sales and services
Financial Services Representative II July (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 February 2017
In present position I sell mortgages products (secured line of Credit), unsecured products, refinance mortgage and acquire new mortgages. Setting up plan for each client is the most rewarding part of my job, in every meeting I and the client plan and set goals.
Clients are shown projected income for setup a plan for example registered education plan for their children, setting extra funds in their TFSA. Opening a GST account for their business. Documenting sales activities in sales pipeline, making outbound calls and making appointments for financial advice
My present position has helped me to build relation with people from all race I am always willing to take up challenges.
Busy day with set of given targets
Verification Officer (Current Employee) –  Downtown, Toronto6 February 2017
Start my day By reviewing the number of task in the Que.
I get to see almost every day different type of documents and there is always something new to learn. Manager is always ready to help and gets any queries solved immediately by explaining it minutely.
Working environment is multi cultural with a team members who are always ready to help each other.
I don t believe there is any part which is difficult as everything comes with challenges and i personalty like challenges.
Dealing with the files with your judgement is very much enjoyable part as it shows that management believs in your work
Pros
Everyday Learning
Cons
Sometimes tasks are too complicated
A diverse and dynamic working environment and friendly culture.
Senior Software Solution Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
A diverse working environment with very skilled workers. A team oriented and cooperative working culture. I had the opportunities to work in very large scale enterprise projects with very tight deadlines. I really like the business and technical challenges that I need to face and overcome to provide viable and strategic solutions.
Pros
Work flexibility that works best with my personal life schedules
Cons
None I can think of.
Not a great experience
CUSTOMER SERCICE REP (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE17 February 2017
I worked at CIBC a few years ago now and, although the experience with somewhat educational, I still did not enjoy working at this location. I found management was not dedicated to proper training and understanding of their employees when first hired on. I'm sure there are worse places to work then this bank, but I personally wouldn't want to experience it again.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
bad management, grumpy co-workers
Good company with fair pay
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 February 2017
Sales Executive with Experience in Insurance and Healthcare Management
Created and implemented sales strategies to achieve 35% revenue growth per year. Highly effective management skills; able to motivate sales force and design incentive programs to achieve short and long-term sales goals.
Pros
Great office culture, lots of events, fair pay, opportunities to advance
Cons
Call center work
Good company to work for, very helpful management and staff.
Head Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2017
I worked there for 5 years and enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot. Staff and management were helpful and friendly. Had multiple opportunities to do additional duties, including training new staff members which was the most rewarding. They relied heavily on me to run the branch's cash operations, it was definitely a good place to work.
No opportunities for growth within the company
Sr. Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
Although recognized as a strong performer, pay is significantly below market with no opportunity for advancement. Work can be challenging due to personality management and politics if you're working across multiple LOB's.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Long hours, heavy dependency on technology, no opportunity for advancement and pay is significantly below market
This was a productive experience
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 January 2017
• Complete transactions accurately and effectively and protect client privacy
• Initiate quality conversations and introductions resulting in quality referrals and closed sales
• Invest time in self-development by taking the bank as a good learning environment
• Understood all campaign products, services, branch operations, risk compliance and constantly exercised sound judgment, therefore became fluent and professional in client conversation
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Weekend shifts
Leadership culture is not what they preach - job roles and demands ever changing and
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
CIBC tends to have a lot of policies in place but somehow miss out in implementing many of these to their directs. Although the pay is good and so are the benefits and various employee offers( share purchase plan) they tend to be somewhat outweighed by the stressful demands of the job. Poor life/ work balance especially when many areas do not allow working from home while others are not only allowed but encouraged. In today's Y Gen culture seems odd that they have yet to figure out that employee morale and also productivity will go up if people have the ability to strive for a better work balance with all of life's demands ( family , kids , taking care of elders) .
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of working from home / flexible work lifestyle
Professional environment with challenges and room to grow
Investment Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 March 2017
Great workplace with many challenges and lots to learn. New challenges every day, learning to work with a variety of people and problems to solve. Striving for Customer Service at all times.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Monday-Friday work schedule
Cons
The only way to advance in my previous role was to complete the CSC course
Not so much fun working with this company as the increase per year is only a dime. no kidding
Branch Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 March 2017
With the fast inflation of living expense, wage increase is pitiful with a dime increase, how can you save any penny for my retirement. I might have been more aggressive with my sale tactics if the increase is not that low, can't even buy me a lollipop.
Pros
Free lunches every now and then
Cons
less break
productive, fun and great environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
I worked here with one of the Financial advisors, my dad to day would be to make sure deals were closing on time ie. mortgages, Loans and so on. this was a great workplace everyone was friendly and helpful, prior to this position i was a bank teller with CIBC and then got promoted on the Imperial Service side.
Pros
great work was recognized
Cons
too far from home
Great Place to Work
Financial Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 December 2016
Great place to work. Training is always available. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with clients and being able to help them. The gratitude they showed wether it be a mortgage, loan or a problem resolved is the best reward possible. Co-workers were great to work with. Everyone helped everyone. The hardest part of the job was times when we were short staffed.
Pros
Work/Lifestyle
Cons
Late nights
Depending on branch and management, could be a decent place to work
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON, Kekowna BC9 March 2017
I worked in various locations and jobs in my almost 10 years at CIBC. In the end the fit just wasn't right fort me Had a lot of great managers and great staff to work with, but again depending on who your immediate manager is, you could feel lack of support.
Pros
free lunches at times
Cons
politics
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 December 2016
The job itself was great, solid stable hours, challenging and fast-paced environment, and a nice team to work with.
Management at the branch I worked at was lacking a lot. There was a lot of bullying going on, and a lack of guidance at times when it comes to sales tactics and new practices. The way that employees were treated left me disheartened and looking for something else, anywhere else. I'm sure many other branches were great and totally different, but that is my experience.
Pros
Generous with hours, flexible schedule, good team work