CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,162 reviews matching the search
great 9 to 5 if thats all you want in life
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCSeptember 25, 2016
if you are looking for a stable 9 to 5 job with good benefits CIBC is great , but with a confused corporate culture and a highschool work environment have lead me to seek a more professional culture that is client focused and believes in ethical practices
Pros
9 to 5 job
Cons
poor culture
Demanding and motivating work environment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OnSeptember 25, 2016
Working in a fast pace environment to meet client needs is demanding but it creates motivation to learn how to accept these challenges as learning tools. This role teaches one to multi task while making minimal errors with transactions and showing clients multiple channels to do their banking. The management is always supportive and there to motivate their staff to always give 100%.
Productive and fun company to work at
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  40 Dundas St. WestSeptember 21, 2016
- When it's busy, it gets very busy. Otherwise there can be downtime between projects
- Great people to work with, a strong cohesive team that accomplishes much together and finishes work ahead of deadlines
Pros
Great people, interesting work, foosball table in the lunch room
Great environment to work, there is is always a room to grow within the company with great support from the management. Great benefits too!
Senior Clerk Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2016
I had a great great experience working with CIBC. We ordinarily love to come a bit early and prepare our breakfast to talk about the life in and out of the office.

I learned so much about the banking process of Records Management and other Banking Processes plus Self development Training like: Code of Conduct, Client Workshop, Employee Training and Development and others to help advance my career.

The management acknowledged all my hard works and contribution to the company.

I have a good relationship with my co-workers and we share our ideas together and help each other and this is the reason for us to achieve awards.

The hardest part of my job was when people in my team called in sick at the same time. Its hard to meet the deadline without enough people to do the job, but was able to make necessary solutions with the help of the management.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are recognized of our hard work and everybody is helping each other to reach our goal.
Pros
Bonuses/Christmas Party/Professional Training/a lot of opportunities
Cons
Very busy, long hours
targets were difficult to reach
Ontario - Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Although the salary was very good (almost 40k) and the work opportunity for commission was there, it was a very difficult job to enjoy, many clients would just be angry that you're calling them are 8pm to sell them a credit card
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life until you quit
Team Collaboration and productivity
Sr Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 19, 2016
As ECCO project is an ongoing project there was lot of dependencies with various teams. I learnt the good collaboration between teams would lead to Team's success through out the project. I enjoyed the whole tenure by learning different things like making IVR calls, Swipe card testing and receiving response from the contact center applications which is pretty new stuff for me.
busy and productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 16, 2016
co-workers are very understanding and help our with any problem.
I mostly interact with customers the whole day and teach them about digital banking as well as serve them. I help them with any bank transactions such as (withdrawal,deposits, making drafts, money orders, replace debit cards) I have taught many clients about online banking and how to have an easy access to banking even at home. the best part is when customers love my service and rate my service a 10 out of 10. The hardest part is when clients come in the bank with an angry mood. Even though it is tough with those specific clients,it helps me to practice my patience and my skills in order to talk to them respectfully in that scenario.
Pros
free snacks and sometimes lunches
Cons
extra random long hours
Friendly project management team, mentored by Manager
Project Coordinator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2016
Expanding my knowledge and experience in managing projects
Co-workers are friendly to work with
Hardest part of the job is dealing with conflicting management styles
Most enjoyable part of the job is having a loyal, trustworthy manager that is willing to mentor me
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Worked OT on the weekends
Short stint but great experience
Express Queue Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ONSeptember 13, 2016
It is a contract position that i have been hired for. The work culture is very good with people being friendly and courteous. Manager is the most enthusiastic person i have ever met.
Productive and fun
MS SQL SERVER SSRS/SSAS/SSIS (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 12, 2016
I have learned a lot working at CIBC and gets a more chance to grow with in the company. The team was very friendly and we get a chance to work with a very professional team.
Productive Work place
Sr. Manager Perf,Infra,CCR & SCM Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2016
Lots of Learning , More productive work place, Learned & received great work experience.More Vendor co-ordination required.
Credit Counsellor
Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 10, 2016
Developed my management skills which are transferable to the legal field. Working as a credit counselor for CIBC gave me great exposure to the client oriented service. I have been passionate about the operational excellence and client experience leading to profitable growth. Client account management, conflict resolution, and negotiated settlements are some of my strong assets. Solutions included referring clients for in-house debt-consolidation based on their financial capacity assessment. This had a manifold impact, both to the bank and to their clients: bank losses were reduced, clients were retained within the bank, and client-credit was rehabilitated.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Sitting job 8 hours long
Wonderful place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Fraser Lake, BCSeptember 9, 2016
I really enjoyed working at CIBC. The management and staff were all good to work with. I only left due to relocating back to Ontario from BC. I had quite a lot of responsibility there. I ran several fund raising campaigns, was responsible for the balancing and care of the ATM machine, handled mutilated and all foreign cash, did deposits, cash withdrawals, bill payments, wires, cables, supply ordering for the branch, etc. The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers. However, this can be turned into the easiest part of the job if handled in a caring and professional manner.
Pros
The Customers
Cons
Hour cut back
fun place to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2016
I had some fun to work there but the work load was too much
to be handled by a small group of people.
The co workers are great but the management is not that great
The hardest part was to be always running short of staff
Pros
Free lunch
Friendly and Easy working environment
Processing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2016
Working with CIBC is very pleasing. The training and work is very easy to understand and the rules and regulation are simple to follow.
Pros
Easy Hours, Good Management, Friendly Environment
Focused on underwriting and adjudicating commercial real estate mortgage applications.
Senior Director, Real Estate Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2016
 Project manage Real Estate Risk Management initiatives
 New origination and renewal adjudication
 Perform annual reviews
Pros
Many different learning opportunities due to variety of transactions
Great work culture
Information Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2016
Good work life balance
Team is very co-operative
Good team environment
Flexible hours
Work from home option
Good vacation policy
Team meetings and town hall meetings are fun
Overall A Good Place to Work
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 5, 2016
CIBC was a fast-paced and sometimes stressful location with many of the sales employees walking off the floor in tears from the stress of meeting quotas. I didn't have such quotas but was still under a great deal of pressure to get my duties done in a timely manner. I work well under pressure and time constraints but sometimes it was too much.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stress from Time Constraints
Good place to work.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2016
A typical day at work is a morning meeting, checking messages, prepping for meetings, meeting with clients, putting clients plan into place and following up. You're on the phone a lot calling clients to get them to come in to review their financial situation. There's a lot to lean. You report to the branch manager, some are great. You are not too involved with anybody higher up than the branch manager. Co-workers depend on the branch. There's very high targets. Very fulfilling job if you are driven to succeed and enjoy helping people.
the job creativity
FSR (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 30, 2016
It was always about the sales and target i know it was important but there's no employee satisfaction. We were motivated by our works people came as a part time job and leave when they found better jobs
Pros
own desk
Cons
management was not the best