CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work hard play hard
EQUITY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2015
Worked at CIBC for over 3 years in Calgary. The culture of the office was a very work hard play hard type. We did not really hand out after work hours. Everyone got along very well.
Mortgage specialist
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Work form nome
Cons: Pay
Not the best company to work for, minimum pay compared to other FI. Other companies offer better assistance for leads and better pay
CIBC is an excellent organisation to work with
Public Banking Representative (Current Employee), BramptonJuly 27, 2015
Pros: provides you with mental stability
Cons: work stress
Gives all employees equal oppourtunity to prove themselves and encouges all emoloyees to work hard.
very good platform for establishing one's career.
Great if you belong to the right click
Call Center Specialist III (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Wonderful atmosphere to work in - wide variety of cultures -oportunities to try different areas
Cons: Coming back from an illness - good luck -like me they try to get you to quit !!
Inituially enjoyed working with a great manager who was professional,encouraging and wonderful to work with !! Typical day greeted fellow workers -set up apps to do jobs -learned so much about professionalism ,adapting to different situations and customer needs . Intially was expected to put in time after work to complete files -do call backs -later when changed to express queue was no longer required !!
Growth Opportunity
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee), Chilliack bcJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Incentives- free lunches, bonuses
Cons: Did not like 100% commission role as a Mtg advisor
Experience working independently as well as a large team where employees assist one another.

Ability to self teach to enhance skills and possibility for growth within the company.
Working within the financial system.
FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 20, 2015
On a daily basis, I would provide customers with in-depth insight on their financial situation, on possible opportunities regarding investments, credit loans of all sorts and present mortgages when appropriate.
Good Company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Kenora, Ontario.July 14, 2015
Good wages and culture. I enjoyed my time there in Kenora. Very supportive staff, and a great learning experience. Would recommend to friends and family as a place of work.
practive day
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
a typical day is checking email meeting with client on status of project. Learned interacting with client in effective manner. Co workers are helpful. Hardest part of job is to communicate with clients status of projects. Enjoyed going out to parts.
Good Work culture
UAT Test Analyst/Software Tester (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
Good team members

I gained a lot of knowledge on Fund Accounting and different types of securities and Corporate Actions and researching on Bloomberg and also learned about the QA processes and testing methodologies different types of testing.
Good place to work where employees can excel in their career
Associate IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Employee benefits, management is good, corporate culture is nice (friendly people)
Cons: Compared to other banks CIBC salaries are lower
CIBC is overall a good place to work...

- Typical day at work:
35% meetings, 30% emails, 20% project management
documentation/processes, 15% change management

- CIBC encourages and invests in training

- Overall processes/procedures are organized

- Infrastructure Projects are typically small-medium sized

- Corporate culture is nice, people are helping and friendly
Great place
Developer (Former Employee), 18 Wellington Street WestJuly 6, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: inconsistent workload
CIBC has a very welcoming and motivating work environment. Good place to work for in the IT field, though challenging due the large scale of the company and the projects being developed.
Opportunity of growth
People Manager/ Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Dealing & helping other departments
Cons: Micro Management
Big organization, growth opportunities with limited training & development opportunities. Different culture with the very limited communication and interaction.
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers and managers
Account Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Lots of work social events
Cons: Long Hours
CIBC is an excellent financial institution to work with. There are many different departments that you can be a part of and the management structure is professional and cohesive. Everyone gets along well and the atmosphere is great for networking and learning while on the job.
Okay Employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 29, 2015
Pros: great training, great benefit options, great stock share plan options, great people working in and around you everywhere, prepares you with an unmatched skill-set in customer-service, interpersonal skills, communication, multi-tasking, prioritizing, performance goals
Cons: lack of sufficient parking, unenjoyable commute if you dont live nearby, unethical and quetionable business practices you have to defend or you are penalized, self-serving upper management at head office, knowing you are working for the bad guy instead of the good guy
The previous CEO McCaughy had mass layoffs so he could get a ten million dollar bonus and short-term pseudo-gains to report to shareholders, so job security is an illusion here for sure, but during my time there the training was effective, and transferable to any job. The Team Managers were amazing people, the workers were great too, the customers were usually pretty awesome too, the major problems usually came up when the higher ups made bad decisions and forced their own profiteering agendas onto customers and workers, and used deception and fine-print methods to snake their way by to their benefit and the detriment to employees and their customers on the front lines.Ethically, those in charge make the decision to work for this employer a moral one.
A people person passionate about building efficiency in all areas of job functions by synergizing the processes and systems aligned to goals
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 20, 2015
entails achieving the organization's goal " to deepen client relationships". The most rewarding part of the job is building relationships based on trust; with clients, coworkers, and other support functions and departments.
Great people and a great place for employment
Director, Application Operations AS400 (Former Employee), TorontoJune 18, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: annual incentive increases to small
Work from home a bonus
learned daily, banking and technologies
management very helpful and supportive
excellent people and environment
forcing folks to work overtime
A bank with excellent banking service
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2015
CIBC is a good place to work at. I learned a lot from my work and coworkers. The coworkers are good and helpful. CIBC values Trust, Team work and accountability.
It was okay
QA- Test Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Not as productive or busy as I would have liked. The culture was amazing and the people were awesome. The work wasn't as busy so it left a lot of time to socialize. I made some great friendships and everyone was always there to help you when you needed it.
Achieving dream one step at a time
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2015
Before I joined my current company, I was working for a small firm on Front west street. I told myself that one day I will work for large corporation and move to Bay street. Now I'm working right on Bay and realized that as long as I set an achievable goal and work hard toward my dream, it's possible to make it happen.

For the past three years, I was focusing to get my designation done therefore – more... I wasn't looking for any jobs. Now I'm fully ready to advance myself and develop my career to the next level.

My current work environment is very relaxing and it's a good stepping stone for a young individual to start off his or her career. However I'm looking for more exposures and challenges and current position will not bring me more after 4 years of working.

From my current role I have learnt so much about capital markets and investment banking. The benefit of working in a small team is that I get to learn different aspects from my co-workers when business is getting busier and when I provide coverage during their absence. I enjoy contacting different groups of people including internal and external and problem solving on time.

Multi-tasking and time management allow me to solve issues and works efficiently and effectively.

After our restructure, I'm no longer doing reporting therefore I have decided to move on for opportunity that allows me to do more reporting, analysis to balance with accounting functions. – less
A fast paced busy place to work
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Elliot Lake, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits, challenging work
CIBC is a good company to work for. I have learnt a lot from starting on the front line then moving back into the loans office. I have had the opportunity to help young couples get their first mortgage which was pretty amazing, to helping parents save for their child's education through the use of Registered Education Savings Plans .

1 2 3 4 5

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more