CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,164 reviews matching the search
Good place to work.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2016
A typical day at work is a morning meeting, checking messages, prepping for meetings, meeting with clients, putting clients plan into place and following up. You're on the phone a lot calling clients to get them to come in to review their financial situation. There's a lot to lean. You report to the branch manager, some are great. You are not too involved with anybody higher up than the branch manager. Co-workers depend on the branch. There's very high targets. Very fulfilling job if you are driven to succeed and enjoy helping people.
Wonderful place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Fraser Lake, BCSeptember 9, 2016
I really enjoyed working at CIBC. The management and staff were all good to work with. I only left due to relocating back to Ontario from BC. I had quite a lot of responsibility there. I ran several fund raising campaigns, was responsible for the balancing and care of the ATM machine, handled mutilated and all foreign cash, did deposits, cash withdrawals, bill payments, wires, cables, supply ordering for the branch, etc. The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers. However, this can be turned into the easiest part of the job if handled in a caring and professional manner.
Pros
The Customers
Cons
Hour cut back
team enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONAugust 25, 2016
There have been many changes and challenges since my time here at CIBC. Over all a good place to work. More support from upper management for leaders is needed. team environment is adjusting as all positions have recently become "one team" so this is being worked on daily. Job descriptions have changed frequently as positions are being eliminated however, I take on whatever is needed on a day to day basis. Most of staff specially lending team are great and very hard workers. High value seperates themselves from rest , but as leaders we are working on this. We have another new GM so this is a positive change for the team.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
more support for leaders
Credit Counsellor
Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 10, 2016
Developed my management skills which are transferable to the legal field. Working as a credit counselor for CIBC gave me great exposure to the client oriented service. I have been passionate about the operational excellence and client experience leading to profitable growth. Client account management, conflict resolution, and negotiated settlements are some of my strong assets. Solutions included referring clients for in-house debt-consolidation based on their financial capacity assessment. This had a manifold impact, both to the bank and to their clients: bank losses were reduced, clients were retained within the bank, and client-credit was rehabilitated.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Sitting job 8 hours long
Demanding and motivating work environment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OnSeptember 25, 2016
Working in a fast pace environment to meet client needs is demanding but it creates motivation to learn how to accept these challenges as learning tools. This role teaches one to multi task while making minimal errors with transactions and showing clients multiple channels to do their banking. The management is always supportive and there to motivate their staff to always give 100%.
Needs Improvement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ONAugust 9, 2016
Anyone who is interested in running and managing a successful company can recognize that people management is first and foremost the top priority. The CIBC branch that I worked for failed in the department of people management. Each individual person is an asset to the company. Their skills and knowledge base are what the company needs in order to succeed. Fostering skills on an individual basis and promoting growth and forward movement are integral to advancement and company success. CIBC was moving backwards in relation to fostering the growth of the individuals that worked for them.
Team Collaboration and productivity
Sr Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 19, 2016
As ECCO project is an ongoing project there was lot of dependencies with various teams. I learnt the good collaboration between teams would lead to Team's success through out the project. I enjoyed the whole tenure by learning different things like making IVR calls, Swipe card testing and receiving response from the contact center applications which is pretty new stuff for me.
busy and productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 16, 2016
co-workers are very understanding and help our with any problem.
I mostly interact with customers the whole day and teach them about digital banking as well as serve them. I help them with any bank transactions such as (withdrawal,deposits, making drafts, money orders, replace debit cards) I have taught many clients about online banking and how to have an easy access to banking even at home. the best part is when customers love my service and rate my service a 10 out of 10. The hardest part is when clients come in the bank with an angry mood. Even though it is tough with those specific clients,it helps me to practice my patience and my skills in order to talk to them respectfully in that scenario.
Pros
free snacks and sometimes lunches
Cons
extra random long hours
Overall A Good Place to Work
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 5, 2016
CIBC was a fast-paced and sometimes stressful location with many of the sales employees walking off the floor in tears from the stress of meeting quotas. I didn't have such quotas but was still under a great deal of pressure to get my duties done in a timely manner. I work well under pressure and time constraints but sometimes it was too much.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stress from Time Constraints
Excellent work environment with accommodating management.
Credit Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 6, 2016
-Overall, an excellent place to work
-CIBC tried hard to keep employees happy through events, contests, recognition, and were often quite accommodating when it came to balancing work/life issues
-Salary was appropriate for an entry level position, and commission was moderate
-Advancement was possible and encouraged, but requires maximum effort and proven statistics - opportunities are presented often
-Management was excellent, encouraging employees to do their best and supplying the assistance/coaching/tools necessary to achieve personal goals
Pros
excellent training/coaching/support
Cons
late hours, inflexible schedule at beginning of employment
A great place to work overall!
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 13, 2016
I had great variety over my years of service as a Client Service Manager. Worked for fantastic General Managers and many different geographic locations as well as different segments of the bank. I specialized in leading a team of highly productive Sales Associates who worked directly for Financial Advisors. I gained great knowledge of the financial industry including wealth management and small business. The most rewarding part of my role was seeing my team grow and reach their full potential while driving business results. I recruited, coached, mentored and lead a variety of teams with great success. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye when the company restructured.
Pros
Fantastic People
Cons
Company Restructure
Great Place to Work - Very Diverse Group of People
Manager of Client Experience (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2016
- Friendly Environments, working with others from different backgrounds is fun as you learn from each other.
- Enjoyable part for me is handling the paperwork or jumping cash (if need be) as the day goes by faster but you learn a lot and develop those everyday skills
-Hardest Part was managing your team in terms of coaching, doing huddles in the morning, mostly because of the unfamiliarity in how to approach it and make things positive for everyone to get motivated on a certain basis.
Friendly project management team, mentored by Manager
Project Coordinator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2016
Expanding my knowledge and experience in managing projects
Co-workers are friendly to work with
Hardest part of the job is dealing with conflicting management styles
Most enjoyable part of the job is having a loyal, trustworthy manager that is willing to mentor me
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Worked OT on the weekends
Fun workplace with nothing but support by coworkers and managers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
A typical day at CIBC consists of having the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment while being able to work alone and others. It is being able to work for the better of the company by creating and maintaining good working relationships with clients and being able to meet individual goals. There is a lot of opportunity to grow and build skills. There is a lot of teamwork in working as a CSR, being able to learn from coworkers and have help by managers. The only truly hard part about work is being able to work with long lines and customers that may be frustrated
Pros
feeling of teamwork, meeting new people
Cons
no overtime pay if needed to stay longer
Fun place to work at in a friendly environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2016
CIBC is a very diversified company that hires from different cultures and backgrounds. They hold many fun events to ensure all the employees meet and greet each other to become a unit when working on certain projects. Managers are very experienced that staff are able to learn so much from them.
I've learned to use many different software such as Wall Street, COINS, IWS and many more. Most of which are used to create/edit accounts for foreign exchange deals to help customers make a smooth transaction.
It has been a great experience working for CIBC.
Environment is not condusive to personal success
Senior IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
* Expected to carry out the roles of 3 individuals due to downsizing.
* Very difficult to meet deadlines and objectives when deadlines are intentionally ignored by both VP's and PM's.
*Contractors are treated as second class citizens.

Would not recommend staying long term (beyond 1 year) at this bank. It is a good stepping stone.
Pros
Able to use my professional experience
Cons
Overworked, poor team environment, information sharing does not exist, upper management not concerened with contractual staff
productive day at work
National Intraday Analyst, Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
National Intraday Analyst- Performance and workforce Management.
I have learned Customer Relationship Management on a workforce management and performance management aspect and what is expected of me as an intraday analyst. My co-workers were very supportive and enjoyed working with them. the hardest part of my job was not being able to approve time offs for agents that wanted to leave work early due to the daily SLA that was expected
Minimum 80 hour work week expected to meet goals
Mobile Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  OntarioJune 27, 2016
The Mortgage Advisor Role: Very little support given to new hires. Negatives are highlighted, while positives are down-played. Zero work/life balance.

CIBC as a whole: Making great strides technologically, branch climate is generally happy.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Complicated compensation structure, unrealistic hours to be worked
Excellent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 12, 2016
Enjoyed servicing customers and dealing with their banking needs. A great place to work and a good experience.

I handled Bank deposits and withdrawls also U S transactions money orders and drafts

Servicing customers was always enjoyable helping people was the nature of banking.
Pros
Clean work and good hours
Cons
Only part time
great 9 to 5 if thats all you want in life
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCSeptember 25, 2016
if you are looking for a stable 9 to 5 job with good benefits CIBC is great , but with a confused corporate culture and a highschool work environment have lead me to seek a more professional culture that is client focused and believes in ethical practices
Pros
9 to 5 job
Cons
poor culture