CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
poor Management
SENIOR ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2016
CIBC is a company where you invest so much of your time but not a good Return. The company Management politics is so much that there is no way for you to get a promotion that easily. It doesn't how hard you work, it is about how much you butter the management to stay on the spot light.
Great Organization. undesirable management style.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Athabasca, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: training
Cons: stress
while i found the role to be a tremendous opportunity, it was not the right fit for me and my family. the role came with stress and involved after work hours dedication that infringed on my home life. I found the management style of the team leader left little to be desired.
Productive & fun work place
Desktop Publisher / Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
A regular 9-5 environment with flexible working hours and a supportive management staff.

Great exposure to different types of projects in support of different CIBC line of businesses.

Coworkers in both the evening and morning shifts are supportive in helping one another improve individual technical skills.
Cibc bank
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: multiculture oriented
Cons: long hours
I work at CIBC Bank at Downtown toronto location and its a great company to work for. I have enjoyed my time alot. thank you
Good
Mutual Funds/Financial Services Representative II (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
ITS NOT A BAD ORGANIZATION TO WORK WITH, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER BANK. I've realized the culture and everything is the same with all the big 5 banks, it just depends on which department you work at.
great workplace you meet new people everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2016
a typical day would start of dealing with various clients face to face and over the phone. i learned alot about my clients to the point of a relationship is built and not just because of work and true relationship is built. my co-workers are great we go out sometimes after a hard days work. the hardest part of my job is not being able to help a client. the most enjoyable part is knowing a made a difference in someone's life.
Diversity
Business support officer (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Data Entry, Review,Process.
Our clients were the tellers and branchs
Friendly, helpfull
Dead line for certain process
Flexible time
Fast Paced
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), North York, ONFebruary 1, 2016
The level of calls you take would vary from 30 - 80 depending on how busy it is. I learned to multi-task through various of internal operations for clients as well as found out which calls you should just service them and which calls you would give them advise.
Applications
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Technology
Cons: More focus needed on customer service
CIBC is technologically advanced and as I am new to the company still learning a lot. Much oriented in educating the clients about all channels available for banking.
Professional co-workers with ambitions to reach higher positions made for a great enviroment to hep eachother succeed as a team and as individuals.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Relaxing room with TV and downtown location gives access to many restaurants
Cons: breaks were 30 mins long whcih is not bad if you bring your own lunch
Great work enviroment. Everybody had the ability to help and teach their own methods towards other co-workers in order to be a great team.
Hardest part was not having a liable "coach/team leader" to guide me with the proper way of using the systems proved and handle calls.
A very Fun place to work
Incident Response Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
The whole management is great, very helpful and encouraging. I have learned a lot in the training and when you go out live after training everyone is there to help you out
Fun Place and secured job
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: TTC VIP metro Pass
Cons: so far everything good.
each day you can learn more, nice team and work culture is really nice. Stress free. management will understand your pressure and act according to it.
a great place to work, irrespective of the work role/position
QA - Project/Delivery Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: More challenges
Cons: no opportunity to train
My day starts with status updates from the outsourced team and discussing about impacts on deliverable or on assignments for each team and/or team member. Discussing the needs of the team to the client and the dependencies of other LOBs and solving issues for the team for their next day's work based on the discussion with Dev Team, Business users. I summarize or share a quick update to whom i report, send replies to offshore team if there was any dependency.
Nice place to work
Application Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I was working as a Software Developer. Team is very nice and helpful. I gain so much knowledge about whole development process. Worked on many different application.
Good experience
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: training provided
Cons: ?
good place to work and make connections.Nice working environment and enjoyable co-workers. The locations is great as well
Not recommended to anyone
Directeur de centre bancaire (Former Employee), Laval, QCJanuary 20, 2016
A place where you are always under pressure by performing and where you should not take your job as granted. The bank that pay the less in all in the Canadian bank.The only good thing that is bad at the same time is that you learn to do everything. Your are not specialized in any type of services so it's good for people in their beginning of career.
great benefits, pay higher than minimum wag, must have product knowledge and be able to sell
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), Campbell River, BCJanuary 19, 2016
great benefits, pay higher than minimum wage, must have product knowledge and be able to sell. always room to grow within the company
Good experience
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 17, 2016
I had a great experience form working at one of Canadian largest bank CIBC. Good team, great management, great job to do.
Very professional environment....
Systems Analyst(Designer/Sr. Developer) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Very supportive management and team
The management at CIBC was extremely professional. The team I was working with was very helpful. The product was extremely complex in nature but was well documented. We were using latest technologies for cheque clearing. The hardest part of the Job was to keep the documentation upto with changes. I was doing a lot of UML and designing and learnt a lot as a result.
Best Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Parksville, BCJanuary 11, 2016
At CIBC we were like family. Our team worked extremely well together. If anyone needed help others were there to help. There was no gossip among the co-workers. Management was terrific to talk to. Extremely flexible with children's needs (if they were sick). The hardest part of my job was up-selling. If the client says "No I'm not interested" than I don't like to push. My Favorite part of the job was interacting with clients. Getting to know them, help with their banking needs and solving any problems they may have. I enjoy working with the public.
Headquarters