CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,438 reviews matching the search
My day at CIBC
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 May 2017
Actually I learned a lot through working at CIBC I used to take over 100 calls per day and support customer service and financial advices and recommendations and deal with different clients from different backgrounds,cultures, ages and accents which give me and excellent communication skills and experience to handle and solve problems and answer clients questions and inquiries and achieve my sales target as well.
Pros
1 hour
Cons
8 hours
Strong Team
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC25 May 2017
I loved working at CIBC. The team becomes a second family. Always supporting each other in everything that happens. They provide all the training you need and ensure that you are always on the latest in banking needs.
Pros
Free banking
Amazing place to work
Telephone Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonge and Finch25 May 2017
I love CIBC and I love my job. I have no complaints. They show appreciation for all of their employees. They invest alot of time in employee engagement. We're paid well.
Good culture
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 May 2017
Good Culture, long hours, good bonus.

Average day consists of calling clients, scheduling meeting and offering suitable products for clients. Can be rewarding, but also stressful.
Pros
bonus
Cons
hours
Great Job
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 May 2017
excellent job
many advancing opportunities
flexible hours
lots of responsibility
dealing with cash on a daily basis
referral based as well
CIBC is committed to supporting causes that matter to our clients, our employees and our communities. We aim to make a difference in communities through corporate donations, sponsorship and the volunteer spirit of employees. In 2015, CIBC contributed more than $65 million to over 1,850 community organizations across Canada.
Retail banking
Financial Service Representative II, CIBC (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 May 2017
Most people in retail banking want to get out. It's stressful and you receive mixed messaging from management. You are treated as a client in opposed to a worker. They work hard to sell their staff on the benefits of their products while never talking about what is competitive advantages.
lots of work and lots of fun
teller (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 May 2017
Very good place to work. Fellow pairs work good together. Lots of work but manageable. Love greeting the customers and helping them. Have to be a people person to do this job.
Pros
good benefits and good friends
Cons
long hours at the end of the month
Senior Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
Very hard management (specific to Sr Director) very hard to work for, and really left a very unhappy feeling how you are treated and felt there was no support, very high expectations, and no training process in place.
Pros
Nice working enviroment
Cons
Terrible Sr Director
Amazing place to work
Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 May 2017
Great culture, values of company are of trust, team work and accountability
Great leadership that promotes individual development and growth
Most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in people`s lives. I love matching talent with opportunity.
Low salary comparing to industry average
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
Great entry level starting out your career as a fresh graduate. A place you can build some basic fundamental industry knowledge. However the pay is relatively low comparing to industry average.
Laid back work culture
Senior Mainframe Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Mostly good people to work with, the work culture is laid back. Timelines are not very demanding, there is a lot of cooperative team work with a lot of coaching and mentoring provided.
Productive and intense workdays
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Company offers lots of perks, like working from home, employee share purchase plan and benefits. Lots of career advancement and personal development opportunities, sometimes days can get very intense, but overtime not required, unless it is voluntary and pre-approved in advance
Pros
work from home
Cons
intense workdays
Nice place to work and good benefits. Supportive and understanding team leads.
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
A great place to learn and grow. Supportive team leads and managers help make the environment less stressful. You do face lots of challenges though and are expected to deliver. For the right person this results in lots of avenues for learning and growing.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Productivity, fun, learning culture
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
investigates forgery and theft within customers’ accounts and transactions on behalf of a bank or a financial institution. tracking and monitoring the bank’s transactions and activity that comes through the customers’ accounts. I identify and trace any suspicious or high-risk transactions, determine if there is improper activity involved, and determine if there is any risk to the bank or its customers.
Good Company but hard to get in.
ProofReader (FRENCH) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
I don't know what to do to be hired. I have tried everything. What should I do; give up or continue? Working with CIBC was good. I am willing to go back as a new employee.
Pros
In Toronto
work summary
Data Analytics and Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2017
Work and life are balanced at CIBC wood Gundy. therefore, it is not stressful and It can be challenging because I did risk analysis for share holder and and data analytics for the company. It was productive and very educational.
Pros
the security is excellent and I felt safe.
Cons
It can be very relaxed and too distracting if the manager is away from office.
Great Office Environment, Supportive staff, Great and Fun training, community events.
Universal Banker/ FSR II (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 May 2017
Day start with routine activities and safety and security procedures. Following by staff meeting int he morning where we have to discuss about how the day should look like also how the previous day was.

countless things to learn. Interest with clients on daily basis where you understand what client is facing on their financial life. Different culture and different language gives little insight of different parts of the world.

The best thing is, CIBC provides you with great knowledge and experience in such short time which would give you enough strength to help clients to improve their financial situation.
Supportive team leads
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 May 2017
Great learning environment. This position helps acquire vast knowledge in the field of Banking and finance. Supportive team leads. Understanding team.
good benefit, three weeks vacation
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2017
compare to other FI not the highest paid in the industry but in terms of job advancement, they give you opportunities to try different role...........
Overall good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
As a customer service representative I worked as a front-line associate serving customers with transactions. Considering the size of the company, they provide their associates with fair benefits and compensation (even to part time associates).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.