CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great place to work, great company parties, feel appreciated
Cons: Difficult to move up in customer service roles in this company
I only worked as a teller for a short time but the culture was great, good compensation and great training programs. Processes are simple, easy to follow and have the customer in mind.
experience
Customer Service Excellence (Former Employee), montrealMay 20, 2015
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: if sick not excepting doctors notes
taking high volume of calls
learned about financial field
great environment and sociability
nothing hard just patients and understanding of clients
coming to work at a positive environment
Working for a major bank in a call center
Call Centre Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), TorontoMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good people, good base pay.
Cons: Hours, bonus/commission structure, Large disconnect between departments.
Hard hours, no time to breath between calls and the commission structure does not adequately compensate employees for the amount of work/sales they put in. Hard workers will be able to advance within the company and make a great career for
themselves. Strong base pay.
Leader in Client Relations
Senior Financial Analyst - Governance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: The townhalls
Cons: None
CIBC its one of the most international banks and a great financial institution.

A melting pot of diversity promoted under one umbrella.

Hardest part would be year end marathon but the most enjoyable as well....since we all came together as one fluid unit.
Exciting place to work
QA Tester (Former Employee), TorontoMay 19, 2015
Worked with multiple banking system applications and business analysis. Opportunities to learn new skills. Very convenient location and visits to downtown Toronto.
great place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
excellent place to work. management provides excellent support for your career aspirations. Co-workers are team players
Great workplace
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to develop relationships with clients in helping them to achieve personal goals.
fast paced, high energy
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
he company is growing fast and keeps reaching its goals quarter-after-quarter, year-after-year. It's truly inspiring to be part of a company that has experienced exceptional success in the online recruitment industry.
Great Company
Senior Financial Service Associate (Former Employee), VariousMay 14, 2015
Really enjoyed my time with CIBC. Lots of room for working up the corporate ladder if you so choose. Great benefits and hours as well as the branch makes you feel like part of the team.
not enough hours
sales agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 13, 2015
The job was on point, but somehow it ran out of business and the new comers had their hours cut-off.Sometimes we wee rushed to make sales
Great Opportunity.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2015
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: Wages are not good.
Great management. Great workplace to work and fun employees to be around. Wages are not good compared to other financial insitutions.
CIBC was a good experience
Transaction Processing Officer (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: Pool table
Cons: Repetitive
The management and employees at CIBC were excellent. The company allowed for self improvement. It was repetitive but I made the most and helped to increase productivity and service to both the employers and the customers of CIBC. CIBC had events for cultural and employee appreciation. It was a great experience and would love to a have a job that help me improve my skills and grow.
Fast paced environment with friendly and loyal customer base
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2015
Fast paced environment with friendly and loyal customer base. A company where you have to put more extra hours in order to excel.
It is fun place to work
Senior Financial Service Account Manager (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCApril 29, 2015
Pros: give opportunity for employees to grow
Cons: System is out-dated
Our colleagues are really nice, we becomes real life time friends, we could get enough support from backup office. Managers are able to coaching. CIBC is my first official place to work, it educate me a lot and give myself opportunity to reach my career goals. I have learn lots from customer service to senior account manager as branch manager backup.My branch is like a family everyone is so so nice. The hardest part of my job is distance from home to work now,long commute
Not Required
CSR/BSR/Head CSR (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 26, 2015
I am looking to leave the company as I am personally not satisfied and look for career alternatives. Job stability, advancements, and satisfaction are not meeting my needs.
Awesome workplace with lot of knowledge sharing and stable job and career uliftment
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2015
Run batches and troubleshoot production issues and create feeds for file transfer and also create script for autosys jobs
Highly detail oriented and Multi-tasking skills. Customer Service Focused, Trustworthy and dependable Mathematical aptitude Sound decision making a
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
I really enjoy my job. love working with people, best part of my job is to help clients with their financial needs.
Most enjoyable part of my job is to meet new people on daily basis and get to know them and build relationship.
Great bank to work for.
Trading Control Investment Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Large bank with many opportunities within the organization
Cons: Large banks continually restructure.
CIBC was a great bank to work for. I started with Wood Gundy and was promoted to a position with CIBC as Trading Control Investment analyst.
further steps
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 16, 2015
Pros: enjoyable, teamwork, challenge, achievement.
Cons: routine
To work in Mortgage department one has to have a global background of the general situation at a time and good projections for the future in accordance with the fluctuation of the ongoing markets. I faced a very particular issue, for instance I had a call from an attorney asking why the bank is taking him to court. After debating the issue with my superior who had no answer to such query I , personally took the initiative asking the attorney for his personal phone number in order to follow up with the legal department to take action.
On the other hand, the happy moments were among the team who can do sales more than the other as a matter of joking in our assignment.
Control officer,Data entry, some Admin, First Aid
Control Officer (Former Employee), calgary ABApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great Benifits
Cons: The 3 hr comute when bulding moved
CIBC was a great place I enjoyed my 16 years there were many new changes over time. So a lot of learning to do which I really enjoyed. The management was great and so were the staff. Worked well as a team and on my own.

1 2 3 4 5

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more