CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,394 reviews matching the search
work space
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 April 2017
a lot of calls great people . However it was hard to move up and better training could have helped and possibly encoraged me to want to stay there longer
CIBC Manpower
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
It was a nice environment. I enjoyed a lot while working there. It was a friendly work environment. I really enjoyed a lot and also learned many things.
mid road, nothing flashy, sales driven
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 April 2017
Though I was told to find solutions for customers, the main focus was sales. If you don't hit targets, you get pushed out. I was good at sales so I did well, hit my targets, and such... Others weren't so lucky.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
more stick than carrot, they only focus on the negative
Highly tense environment
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2017
i don't like them. That's it.

No work life balance.
No remuneration commesurate to the job
Poor working conditions.

Location too far from my home.

Sub-marginalzation at work
Slavery work...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2017
No opportunity for advancement, they expect you forever be CSR, management ignores your feelings and present you as miserable to clients as possible (up to extent that over a year several clients were commenting that to supervisors regarding their staff treatment).

Management expects sales but actual sales training is not provided as much as needed (noone is gonna sit down with you for even 30 min to get you advanced, all I learned all by myself or used previous experience, but hoped to learn from bank as well). I felt that I was facing wall without motivation or direction to achieve more.
They just want you be as regular and manageable as possible using whatever it takes - even fear...
There are could've been more positive and less stressful approach

Hope senior management could restructure it all
Pros
Cons
No opportunity for advancement, salary
Best People at work
Customer Service Representative (Head Teller) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 April 2017
I've learned a lot working at CIBC. Its not just the operations I've learned, it is the official relationships I've formed, the different positions and duties. Cibc is a company where I believe, you dont need to work really hard. do your job and look out for career advancements, there are many there by the way.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Training is shadowing while most of it can be done in an in class training in a shorter time span
Professional environment
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
As a Senior QA Analys, I have learned a lot. We had stand up meeting everyday where we discussed our work what we did yesterday? what are we going to do today?
Great work-life balance.
Senior Learning Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2017
CIBC offers great opportunities for contract work. The management is effective and collaborative as well as are all of the team members on the project that I worked.
Great Environment
Financial Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2017
Great and secure job! Very nice people to work with. Solid work place environment to learn and grow. CIBC has a great benefit program and has been a very good place to learn both Finance and more.
Pros
Amazing benefits and employees
Cons
Hard to get promoted
Character
FINANCIAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2017
It amazes me that people who are so rude to others can still hold down a job. There was no accountability here. As long as you were fine with upper management, they did not care how you treated your peers.
Pros
Cons
People
Excellent Experience
Summer Associate, Investment Banking (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
I learned so much by working at CIBC over the summer. The culture in the group was great and I had an opportunity to work on high-impact projects for key clients.
bad
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
really bad. worst bad bad bad bad bad. not good to employee. take advantage of them. People manager discriminate against colored people. no support poor training....
Stress full with a lot of pressure of Sales Numbers
Financial services representative (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 April 2017
In the morning when we come in we will have a common meeting for updates, do's and dont's.

Then settle down open the system, open outlook at check mails, look at out calendar for the day. Prepare for the schedule meetings for the, manage the lobby, make calls, do paper work etc.

Learnt time-management, Better communication skills, more detailed oriented. Also learned about policies procedures, rules and regulations, gathered knowledge about all financial products.

Good Management, things a very well laid out for a new come to the company, his learning, his progress and guidance.

good culture, very co-operative colleagues and seniors (managers).

Very stress full, to much pressure of achieving the sales number, unrealistic targets, Impatient clients and bugging software gaffes.

Well manager and colleagues guidance.
It requires a lot of discipline.
Customed Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
It was a learning experience and I enjoyed it.Grest have to work and grow.Very aggressive business always learning and upgrading skills and practice. Friendly work environment.
Pros
Always learning new things about thr business.
Cons
Very aggressive, sales orientated a lot of talking.
fun workplace to work for
Residential Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
fun workplace to work for , lots of opportunity for advancement, job stability, however dinosaur systems , no work life balance with opportunity to work from home.
Pros
free lunches
Technology is terrible
Senior Director, Distribution Technology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
Technology groups at CIBC are extremely siloed. All new development is done by contractors. Very political management with very little technical knowledge or judgement.
Pros
all bank holidays
Cons
bad culture no chance to do anything innovative
hard working and competitive environment.
Wealth Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 April 2017
work hard to be as the top performer. Environment was friendly and supervisors were helpful. Got proper training support from a trained worker with multi language.
Typical call centre environment, evaluated by metrics.
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
The most enjoyable part are the people. Management and workplace culture recently improved. The hardest part of the job would be the monotonous routine of your typical day, and trying to pitch credit card insurance which is expensive.
High Stress
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 April 2017
There is no work life balance. Shifts until midnight even on weekends. You face anything from people threatening committing suicide to people begging for money because they're starving, yet receive no training on how to handle the situations
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work/life balance
Great Place
Records Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
Though they were contract job the environment was amazing, especially the working co workers. Management was great always had positive with the workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.