CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,264 reviews matching the search
Leading Canadian bank in innovation
Director, Service Managment Governance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
Open to creative thinking and innovation by managers and employees. Has great employee benefits and highly values teamwork and trust. People are valued for what they contribute.
great company to work for
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
CIBC has great corporate culture with great managers.

In my time there I have learned time management, working cooperatively with my branch partners to complete tasks and achieve goals.

The hardest part of current job is that my pay is not consistent as I'm on 100% commisioned.
Pros
flexibility, great management, benefits
Cons
inconsistent pay
fast paced, high demand working environment
Senior Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Analyzed escalations received from approximately 80 global, front line support agents, investigated all tickets, resolved complex clients’ problems and escalated issues to Tier III. Provided feedback on any identified resolution gaps in the front line process.
Pros
Team Environment
Great starting bank to work at
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 January 2017
Something is missing with the training and motivation of new staff and actually old staff

Otherwise great staff that motivate each other
Pros
Lots of them
Cons
Some managers didn't lead by example
Productive & Informative Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 January 2017
Typically, I deal with over 100 clients on a daily basis
I learned much about interpersonal relations & finances
My co-workers are dependable and knowledgeable
Hardest part of the job is sales
Pros
Good clientele
Cons
Poor management
poor work/life balance
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON12 January 2017
Long hours and 7 days a week work limits the work/life balance.
The aggressive sales culture is overwhelming.
Friendly culture.
Very competitive environment.
Pros
friendly culture
good work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2017
It is a pretty good experience especially for new grads who want to build career in banking. However, the cibc system is old so it is far harder with cibc than other banking if you are the teller. The balancing process will make you crazy when you are new.
Banking experience
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sharbrooke9 January 2017
Long banking experience .Technology advancement .large network .Huge system and big number of Employees. Many products and services and many offers .
Overall a friendly place to be.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 January 2017
A typical day at work started with opening my wicket and helping regular and new customers with all of their banking transactions and any new inquiries they may have. My co-workers were very supportive and encouraging, however I experienced some unique challenges with regards to management during my time with CIBC specifically related to a re-organization that occurred during my training. The hardest part of the job was when my customer service talents were put to the task when dealing with particularly disgruntled customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the day-to-day interactions with customers and getting to know different people.
Pros
Love helping customers with their day to day banking and questions they may have.
Cons
Challenges with management and lack of sufficient training.
i would give cibc a 5 out of 10
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 January 2017
high pressure sales job. too many targets and responsibilities for little pay. only a 30 min break. all management cares about is selling. no appreciation for day to day work that helps clients.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
low pay for the amount of work and responsibility
Wonderful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 January 2017
I loved working there. The general mood, and benefits were wonderful. The hours were flexible, and our superiors very kind and understanding. There were many possibilities for advancement. All and all, a great work environment.
Good
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
Good bank to work and have wonderful team to complete the project, which is was engaged. I have gathered knowledge of various Registered Products and the process in experience .
Over this is good company to work.
Pros
Good team
fun workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
sorting mail, working on machines for sorting mail, hardest part of the job clocking in and out everywhere you go. So enjoyable were my co workers. Management was fair.
Good career start
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2017
CIBC provides their employees with a work environment that is comfortable and pleasurable to work in. A lot to learn and take away and many opportunities to grow
productive and fun workplace
Business Consultant - Retail Operations (Current Employee) –  Adelaide, ON4 January 2017
great place to work.
great team environment.
CIBC makes a lot of effort to ensue that you are aligned with the right teams and managers. this makes CIBC a great place to work
Fun
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
Great place to work, good environment. Money is not a lot, but is a good place to work. I would say that I had good times over there.
cibc experience
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 January 2017
it is definitely a rich customer service experience . I learned so much about dealing with different types of customers. I have helped my co-workers get passed a work obstacle. but unfortunately the management team was not the best . Hours kept changing and it was almost impossible taking a day off.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
long hours and low salary
It's an okay place to work.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2017
I'm only speaking for the branch that I worked for. It's a very busy branch which is no problem if they do a proper scheduling.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
poor scheduling
Creates an atmospehere of Inclusiveness
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Moosonee, ON2 January 2017
CIBC is a good place to kickstart one's career. The learning and positive work environment helps create a good work-life balance for families and even for single individuals
Pros
Conducive to Learning
Cons
May sometimes overlook in chair promotion
Biased Management
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC2 January 2017
I had a big challenge with this position. I was in recovery situation after my surgery. Unfortunately it was ignored. I felt I am not a special person for them to be taken care of. I didnt feel at home. That was sad.