CIBC

CIBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Employee Culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2014
CIBC is constantly bettering their employee experience and the employees are greatly engaged in their respective work environments.
Cool place to work
Mobile QA Analyst (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 2, 2014
Testing tools need to be updated.
Don't always outsource everything.
Management is awesome
Excellent cultural diversity
Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
This company have excellent cultural diversity. Very micro managed
A company that tries hard to make employees feel like a team!
Supervisor II (Former Employee), VancouverJune 30, 2014
Pros: staff appreciation day, ice cream day, run for the cure and many more.
Cons: job security out west(never know when your position will relocate to toronto)
When working with CIBC, I enjoyed going to work everyday. My co-workers were friendly, my managers were very approachable and I liked my job! I was lucky to have a steady 9-5 M-F schedule and should something come up, it was flexible to change.
Hardest part of the job was to apply changes to procedures that would make sense within the line of business – more... and the most enjoyable part was the changes being applied & successfully utilized. – less
They exploit you
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2014
Always increase your sales targets, but do not adjust your salary. Lots of pressure. Because people are very dissatisfied with the company, there is a high turnover rate.
Fun activities
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJune 24, 2014
Pros: there was always overtime for extra money
Cons: shift schedules
There would ofton be numerous parties an organized events to departments that exceed all quotes as a reward for accomplishing our goals.
I feel that my creative process will benefit both QA and BA team
BA / QA Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 21, 2014
I am a BA /QA Analyst with extensive experience in Business Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Feasibility and Gap analysis, Documentation, Use cases and UML for CIBC. I have 5+ years of experience in Developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects and actively participated in – more... project status meeting and Involved in all phases of the SDLC from Requirements analysis, Test Strategy development, Test case development, Test case execution, Defect Management for System testing ,UAT Testing.

I feel that my creative process will benefit both QA team and BA team

Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to have the opportunity to discuss the opening with you in person. – less
High volume hectic work place
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Thomas OntarioJune 15, 2014
Dealing with lineups from open to close, cash handling, face to face customer service
Gained work experience regarding market data
Market Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
- Gained significant experience performing market data QA
- Organized the solving over 100 data issues on the RSI project. Especially in commodities, interest rates, and credit spreads
- Gained a great understanding of data structures and issues as a result of conducting ad-hoc analyses and cleansing historical data
fair working environment. good people to work with
Mortgage Servicing Specialist, TB Mortgages (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: encourage to move within firm to different position
Cons: internal competition only is still very high
telephone banking mortgages of CIBC located in 100 University Ave, Toronto. currently working as mortgage servicing specialist. Good position in terms of getting into the company, but expected turnover rate of this position by management itself is 1-2 years where even managements are actually encourage to move to different areas of the organization. – more... not a job that we will enjoy day to day as it is eventually customer contact center but good place to find a better position within firm – less
a productive and fun place to work in
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
CIBC is a very fun place to work in. It has a good family atmosphere in the workplace.
i'd recommend working in CIBC to any of my peers in the industry.
Excellent company
Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 8, 2014
Cons
Dated systems
Difficult balance between sales expectations and servicing appointments- which do not generate sales
Micromanagement is very common
Pay is low for the work expectations
Difficult to compete for business with mortgage brokers and top competitors.

Pros
Great community partner
Management maintains that they're willing to get you to – more... where you need to be in your career- it may not happen in the time you want it to, however.
Overall good company. – less
Productive workplace
Senior HR Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoJune 4, 2014
Great place to advance in your career

good management
great co-workers
Business Analyst, Investment Fund (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2014
good environment, learned alot about hedge funds. management isn't the best at training.
Friendly and Supportive Culture
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 2, 2014
Probably the most fun I ever had at a job, balanced life. Was part of a great team which was both friendly and supportive.
good people, terrible culture
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Aurora ONMay 28, 2014
you may be lucky to work with some really good people, but upper management and the culture is toxic
CIBC Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kemptville, ONMay 27, 2014
Working with the company was alright. I enjoyed the people at the branch and the manager.
Enjoyed Working with people from different ethnicity under one roof
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: great enviornment and great people to work with.
Cons: you have to give out your best. no excuses!
I did not work for a long time at Cibc due to my studies. But it was great experience for me working in corporate environment as a professional. Learned the norms and values of corporate culture.
Every day at Cibc was a day of joy and experience for me dealing with different valuable customer solving their queries and providing them state of the art – more... customer service experience. – less
Good place to work.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2014
Good place to work, large company very large environment. Technical departments are very compartmentalized to you become very specialized, but have to change roles to learn different skills.
Good company for long term career
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Leamington, ONMay 18, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment.
Cons: can't think of much right now.
CIBC - Current role is a sales role - so the pressure that comes with targets is natural. Other than that - definitely one of the best workplaces in Canada and even the role and the company both have opportunities for advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more