CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,482 reviews matching the search
ok place to work.
Manager Technology Fields Services (Current Employee) –  Montreal28 June 2017
ok place to work. Salaries are lower than competitors. Flexibility in managing your work. The hardest part of the job is following processes to get the work completed.
A fun workplace that ultimately makes positive impacts on clients
Mortgage Processing Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2017
Office environment but not just all serious; its fun, collaborative and meaningful. Everybody is very friendly and helpful, workload is lenient and manageable. You deal with complicated insurance cases but it gives you real sense of accomplishment once solved. Great environment, always something happening every week to keep you entertained and involved. Workplace is big and clutter less.
Helplessly Dysfunctional Call Centre
Pre-Outside Agency Credit Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2017
Overbearing management with little to no idea of what the actual job consists of. Constant high turnover. Constantly changing metrics and objectives to the point of ridicule.
Chill place to work in
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
Good team culture, five to ten team members, always have team lunch with manager's treat.
Co workers help each other a lot and no overtime working, easy to balance the work and life
Excellent place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2017
I've been with CIBC for many years and I'm very happy with what I do everyday and what I have accomplished over the years.
We focus on satisfying client's need and thrive and keep a long lasting impression. CIBC rally to be #1 bank in Canada and they do their best to come up with all the advanced and innovative technology to achieve that goal.
A Great place to work and be a team player
Financial Services Representative. (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 June 2017
A typical day of work for me work be a 8 to 10 hr work day, where I would greet my co worker every day by saying. And even eaten lunch with my co workers .
I have learned that our co worker are like family to us, and it is better to work has a team. It is nice to know that even if you have a busy or even a little of a stressful day, that you will pull together.

And work/life balance is a very important part of my day. I enjoy to stay upbeat, positive and that will always put a smile of yourself, co-worker or client face.

I enjoy a work environment that is busy and have to involve working the public,

I mean every job will have it ups and downs, but it is what and how I conduct myself that will always lead to a uplifting outcome.
Pros
working with people, sucess
Cons
long days
Underpay and overworked
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2017
What you read in the media news are all true. They just care about sales sales sales , ###. In order to be promoted , you have to have above and beyond your targets and kiss managers butt.
Pros
3 weeks vacay to start
Cons
Low pay, expect to work like a slave
Fun workplace
Data Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
The team I worked with was awesome. It had a very nice work and personal life balance. The managers were always backing the team members. I enjoyed working here
Good job security
Technical Lead - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
Even for contractors, job security is good should they like you.
There is not much to wiggle with rates.
Depending on team or department you belong, life balance is a minimal. For me, am a believer of Work-from-Home scheme. CIBC does not much advocate this scheme.
It is a great place to work.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
the individual branches need to be able to set their own targets and expectations. Not every branch is going to be successful at all targets, not every branch has the ability or access to new clients.

I fully enjoyed dealing with customers and helping them with their banking issues.
Pros
lots of customer contact
Cons
too much selling
Nice place to work on and good time given to do fun activities
Oracle DBA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
good place to work on and have lot of opportunities to excel , given . more time to get knowledge and attended lot of courses related to my work . management is mediocre
Pros
health time given i . order to balance the life and work
Cons
i couldn't find any
Too much work for little pay.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2017
No chance for advancement. Very little pay. No help when it comes to management. Forced to use obsolete equipment. Shift work. Untrained employees and management.
Cibc
Manager, Commercial Banking (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON21 June 2017
CIBC has a great work culture and environment. There is alot of team building and the most important is the flexible work environment. I was able to grow alot within the company.
Plenty of growth opportunities
Internet Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Management actively inquires about your goals and plans for the future. They will intermittently meet with you to work towards them and help facilitate your growth in any way they can.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Great benefit package. Work life balance and gear discounts. Everyone is happy and pumped to be part of the organization. They hire great people and it shows.
excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
respond to inbound and outbound calls and was to complete correspondence for customer regarding all credit card inquiries. Was to work under a lot of pressure.
good organization
FINANCIAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 June 2017
well was a good opportunity, great people to work for and gain good knowledge about banking. hours were good, pay was not that good. great training process learnt allot.
Pros
good experiance
Cons
pay
CIBC is a good company
Senior Test Consultant & Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
CIBC has great multi culture base that people from different background and religion are working together. You may sense a general respect between coworkers. It also has a good life and work balance.
it is okay
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON19 June 2017
its okay but could be better. management is terrible however encourage you to move forward. promises are not always delivered. a lot of room for advancement.
Working for CIBC Mellon - different than CIBC
Institutional Portfolio Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
Good work/life balance. Every one is very sociable. Pay is almost minimum wage. Since minimum wage is now $15/hour...CIBC pays fund accountants $20/hour. Good talents are walking out the door very frequently...
Pros
Good sociable people
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval