CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,124 reviews matching the search
Great Place to Work - Very Diverse Group of People
Manager of Client Experience (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2016
- Friendly Environments, working with others from different backgrounds is fun as you learn from each other.
- Enjoyable part for me is handling the paperwork or jumping cash (if need be) as the day goes by faster but you learn a lot and develop those everyday skills
-Hardest Part was managing your team in terms of coaching, doing huddles in the morning, mostly because of the unfamiliarity in how to approach it and make things positive for everyone to get motivated on a certain basis.
Excellent work environment with accommodating management.
Credit Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 6, 2016
-Overall, an excellent place to work
-CIBC tried hard to keep employees happy through events, contests, recognition, and were often quite accommodating when it came to balancing work/life issues
-Salary was appropriate for an entry level position, and commission was moderate
-Advancement was possible and encouraged, but requires maximum effort and proven statistics - opportunities are presented often
-Management was excellent, encouraging employees to do their best and supplying the assistance/coaching/tools necessary to achieve personal goals
Pros
excellent training/coaching/support
Cons
late hours, inflexible schedule at beginning of employment
Fun workplace with nothing but support by coworkers and managers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
A typical day at CIBC consists of having the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment while being able to work alone and others. It is being able to work for the better of the company by creating and maintaining good working relationships with clients and being able to meet individual goals. There is a lot of opportunity to grow and build skills. There is a lot of teamwork in working as a CSR, being able to learn from coworkers and have help by managers. The only truly hard part about work is being able to work with long lines and customers that may be frustrated
Pros
feeling of teamwork, meeting new people
Cons
no overtime pay if needed to stay longer
Fun place to work at in a friendly environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2016
CIBC is a very diversified company that hires from different cultures and backgrounds. They hold many fun events to ensure all the employees meet and greet each other to become a unit when working on certain projects. Managers are very experienced that staff are able to learn so much from them.
I've learned to use many different software such as Wall Street, COINS, IWS and many more. Most of which are used to create/edit accounts for foreign exchange deals to help customers make a smooth transaction.
It has been a great experience working for CIBC.
Environment is not condusive to personal success
Senior IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
* Expected to carry out the roles of 3 individuals due to downsizing.
* Very difficult to meet deadlines and objectives when deadlines are intentionally ignored by both VP's and PM's.
*Contractors are treated as second class citizens.

Would not recommend staying long term (beyond 1 year) at this bank. It is a good stepping stone.
Pros
Able to use my professional experience
Cons
Overworked, poor team environment, information sharing does not exist, upper management not concerened with contractual staff
productive day at work
National Intraday Analyst, Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
National Intraday Analyst- Performance and workforce Management.
I have learned Customer Relationship Management on a workforce management and performance management aspect and what is expected of me as an intraday analyst. My co-workers were very supportive and enjoyed working with them. the hardest part of my job was not being able to approve time offs for agents that wanted to leave work early due to the daily SLA that was expected
A great place to work overall!
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 13, 2016
I had great variety over my years of service as a Client Service Manager. Worked for fantastic General Managers and many different geographic locations as well as different segments of the bank. I specialized in leading a team of highly productive Sales Associates who worked directly for Financial Advisors. I gained great knowledge of the financial industry including wealth management and small business. The most rewarding part of my role was seeing my team grow and reach their full potential while driving business results. I recruited, coached, mentored and lead a variety of teams with great success. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye when the company restructured.
Pros
Fantastic People
Cons
Company Restructure
only concerned about the bottom line
Senior CSR (Head Teller) (Current Employee) –  OntarioMay 7, 2016
This is a company who is only concerned about the bottom line. They say they care, but they really just don't. They are extremely understaffed and expect staff to do more than they have the time for. They hire management off of the street who know very little about what needs to be done and promote those who don't know how to do the duties their staff are expected to perform. It's sell, sell, sell. Push clients to use electronic banking options so they need less staff.

I could go on and on and on about how you shouldn't work for this company.
Pros
free service charges
Cons
they just don't care
Good management, culture, and work environment
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Generally, CIBC is a nice place to work as a developer. Your needs are supported, and generally management listen to new ideas about technology.

The people are good, and the management is fairly easy-going. The work can be hard, but for this you must challenge yourself and always keep asking and looking for new things to do.
Pros
Management, people, work-life balance
Cons
Not the newest technology, typical red-tape overhead
Minimum 80 hour work week expected to meet goals
Mobile Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  OntarioJune 27, 2016
The Mortgage Advisor Role: Very little support given to new hires. Negatives are highlighted, while positives are down-played. Zero work/life balance.

CIBC as a whole: Making great strides technologically, branch climate is generally happy.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Complicated compensation structure, unrealistic hours to be worked
Stable job but a place for no or slow advancement
Retail Card Settlement Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto OntarioApril 10, 2016
The work culture is a comfortable and job tasks are generally pretty simple and not strenuous. The salaries are pretty low and there is very slow to no vertical room for growth at all with the company looking to cut costs and jobs as much as possible. A huge portion of the employees are only contractual without benefits or stable hours.
Pros
Easy job tasks, basic, good work culture
Cons
Low salary, no room for growth, no benefits, unconsistent weekly hours
Excellent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 12, 2016
Enjoyed servicing customers and dealing with their banking needs. A great place to work and a good experience.

I handled Bank deposits and withdrawls also U S transactions money orders and drafts

Servicing customers was always enjoyable helping people was the nature of banking.
Pros
Clean work and good hours
Cons
Only part time
Management is determined on seniority, not knowledge
Customer/Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 7, 2016
The compensation is terrible for what is expected. Annual bonuses for CSRs are a joke given the sales targets. Teller managers know less that the tellers in most cases and are typically lazy. Three of my teller managers would go out for at least 10 cigarette breaks per day, regardless of volume in branch or customer needs.
Pros
Nice co workers, decent hours and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Excellent place to work.
Small Business Officer (Former Employee) –  Freeport BahamasApril 6, 2016
Busy work place as there was only one branch on the island of Grand Bahama.
Excellent learning opportunities (I learned to analyze financial statements; business plans; net worth statements; write credit applications and basically be a financial consultant to small business customers).
Very nice co-workers and we all worked as a team.
Pros
Working at an island destination for a global bank.
Cons
Long hours. Outdated computer equipment.
Productive and peaceful place to work
Processing Clerk (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2016
My typical day at work start at 11.00 PM. I've learnt to be productive and accurate. Learned to achieve the target, it would be change day by day maximum 38 deposit per hour. I learned to identify counterfeit. My team is very helpful and friendly. It's positive and long work experience at Intria.
Pros
Learning experience
Great Company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
Over my 3+ years at CIBC, I was successfully able to transition to different roles and get the support I needed to advance. I love the fast-paced environment and the aggressive sales approach at the call centre. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and little recognition for the extra work that was put in.
Cons
Productive and good relationships within team members
Applications Consultants (Former Employee) –  33 Yonge street, Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2016
I had been working at CIBC for 22 years. It was a very good working experience for me. It was a very good environment with a lot of opportunities. I had learned a lot and enjoyed a lot working there with very good relationships with Business partners and team members.
Fun Crdial Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2016
I come in greet and engage my colleagues, if there are any follow up calls to clients I need to make from the day before I do so, get ready to process client requests while trying to find products that we have that might be beneficial to the client of help save them money if they are using a product (eg a particular bank account) that's is not beneficial to them.
Pros
short work hours, vague communication in terms of advancement
Cons
great place to work, great training, great work environment
Senior sales financial services representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
great company to work for; they take care of their employees. Good opportunities for growth. no complaints.
CIBC also has a very diverse network for all its employees and a lot of opportunities to be affiliated with different volunteer groups.
Pros
great team.
Cons
long hours.
Fun Work place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
As a investors Edge inside sales account manager the goal is to bring new clients into Investors Edge and manage their relationship with the brokerage.

a typical day involves speaking to potential clients, bring assets over from other FIs and ensure all regulatory requirements are met.