CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Place
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee), Surrey, BCApril 27, 2016
Pros: benifits
Cons: comensation
Start my work at 6 AM as EST factor, start communication with Underwriters. Respond emails. Talk to co workers . It is really fun to work from home office having all the corporate benefits.
CIBC is a very good company to work for.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
Pros: good benefits; profit sharing entitlements; 5 weeks vacation with pay
Cons: long hours
I had more than 27 years of experience at CIBC. This company is like a family to me, the people I worked with is like a member of my family.
I will always treasure my experience with the bank.
nice working environment, flexible
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
Nice working environment, give employees flexibility to work from home 2 days a week, a lot of work during month end period, overtime is a must during month end
Excellent Place to Build a Career
Manager, Commercial Banking (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Tedious work flow.
CIBC provides a challenging work environment, recent changes in Commercial Banking have revived a once neglected sector of the bank. However, systems and processes need updating to enable better efficiencies.
Great place
Freelance Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Very much enjoyed it here. Great work-life balance. Strong management. I enjoyed working with my team and my managers. Very friendly atmosphere.
Great Place to Work
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
Opportunity for advancement . On going training support . Too much pressure . unrealistic expectations towards achieving sales targets
Good workplace with perfect atmosphere to work and learn
Technical Systems Analyst - Co-op (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
I worked at CIBC for a year and it was a great journey.
Being an intern I wasn't ever treated as one, had support of all team members and everyone helped in making me learn something new.
a lot of chances
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Regina, SKApril 24, 2016
Pros: stable
Cons: no change
you know a lot of people and have chances to improve your interpersonal communication skill. And learn to put your feet in clinets' shoes.
Good salary and hard work
BI Administrator for Cognos/SAS/SSRS/SSAS/Tableau (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
Good salary
hard work and long work hours
security is not good
management is ok
multi-culture
more training opportunities for employees
most co-workers are excellent
Good
Analyst, Business Intelligence Group (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
I liked the work and work life balance. The pay was decent but didnt get too much help from HR. Overall, enjoyable experience.
Good Experience
Targeted Sales Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 21, 2016
CIBC can be a good employer, however, not too much room for advancement, management is inexperienced and the environment is very stressful. The things they do well: Pay well, Great benefits, Stock purchase plan and training is one of the best i've been through at any company.
Challenging Environment
Information Security Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Formal Environment
CIBC offers a challenging environment that allows for continuous skill development. The major advantage of working at CIBC is the benefits packages they offer to employees.
Great culture
Consultant, Enterprise Project Management Office (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
the best when it comes to diversity, good management and work environment. Hard to stick to guidelines and everything is done last minute
Fast paced organisation with lots of growth opportunity
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCApril 19, 2016
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Pressure of work..late hours, lots of unnecessarry emails and conference calls
Great place to work...growth opportunity but lots of annoying micro-management, too much pressure to sell which does not make it fun for people who truly love sales and want to build a career out of it.

The focus on sales is a little too much and perhaps management can shift focus on advice and doing what is best for the clients as against focusing on shoving products on them...

Emails are good for communication but i receive more emails in a month than i receive in a year for other top banks i have worked. Most of the emails from management are completely unnecessary but it is the Management and leadership style of increasing the pressure in addition to the excessive conference calls.

The pay is descent and though there is high turnover it also creates growth opportunity. But on the other hand, the fact you have lots of people resigning tells you something about the company. I have had more colleagues resign in CIBC than most places i have worked.
Great workplace
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 18, 2016
There are a lot of opportunities to learn and advance your career. The company cares about their employees and there is a lot of potential for earning extra income. The hardest part is the routine of answering incoming calls daily when working in the telephone banking industry.
Enterprise wide architecture with knowledge
Senior Network Engineer-Telecom Engineer (Current Employee), 483 Bay streetApril 18, 2016
Pros: process oriented organization with results
Cons: 20 projects in deployments at any given time
Network and security infrastructure with all advanced technologies and standards, expand and experience knowledge and career developments.
Productive and work culture
Foreign Exchange Program - Sr. QA Tester (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
Working in CIBC was itself a great opportunity to explore new challenging project. co-workers were very friendly and helpful. we always celebrated our co-workers birthdays or any other occation
Chargeback Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: None
Supportive co workers and reporting manager. Good work atmosphere and good learning. Proper allocation of job, work clarity. System updation is some time concern
Cibc
Customer Service Rep / Head Teller (Former Employee), Durham, ONApril 13, 2016
Friendly staff which helped get threw the slow days, too much cold calling and product pushing for my sales liking. The management wasn't overly easy to accommodate family and life style.
loved working with the public
Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Mission, BCApril 13, 2016
appointments with clients
various financial needs for clients
enjoyed working with co-workers and public
I have always enjoyed working with the public
Headquarters