CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,360 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun work place
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2017
The management is always finding creative ways to acknowledge the people and their achievements. Eg pot lucks,birthday breakfast, fun days awards for most improved and as well achievements .
Worst place to work, ever.
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
Everything was wonderful, until they changed the management and management had no clue of the job to be done. Cibc has no sympathy for those with children and never take responsibility for their own actions and mistakes. I would never recommend cibc to those that want to work in the banking insdustry, employees are not important the profits are.
Pros
N/A
Cons
MANAGEMENT DOES NOT KNOW THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF EMPLOYEES***
Good overall rating.
Development DBA - Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
Good place to work.
Learned so much here.
Hardest part of DBA job was after-hours or weekend long hours of work.
Been here for 4 years. Overall management is good.
Cons
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
i am glad to work with cibc. its a place where in you have lots of opportunities to grow higher in terms of your career. lots of opportunities to learn how to work in professional environment. good team work.
Not a great place to work
Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
I worked in a cash room so I was forced to take breaks. Work hours were ridiculous too. Two nights and three days.

Training was pathetic too. I couldn't understand the person trying to teach me how to do my job lol...
Pros
Cons
Management abuses power, pay also sucked.
Awesome company
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
CIBC provides very good working benefits. Also the learning environment at workplace is very good. The hard worker will be recognized with rewards. very positive culture in the company.
Employees are not well treated
Data Management and Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
A lot of internal politics, rather than working people harass each other, and the management doesn't do a good job keeping it under control. Not just internal, but also they try to bring in diversity, yet the whole place feels unprofessional, people screaming very unprofessionally, team leaders yell at group members trying to emberass in front of everyone when mistakes are made. Oh and training programs are the worst.
Pros
Cons
Not professional
Professional environment with challenges and room to grow
Investment Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 March 2017
Great workplace with many challenges and lots to learn. New challenges every day, learning to work with a variety of people and problems to solve. Striving for Customer Service at all times.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Monday-Friday work schedule
Cons
The only way to advance in my previous role was to complete the CSC course
My work day in CIBC
Advisory Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
During the period of time working in CIBC I learned working is not just about getting work done, work can be done in many different ways, how to get work done is not only self accomplishment, but also about acknowledge and appreciate everyone involved.
Lots of learning!
Information Technology Jr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
A very fun place to work! The environment is great, where everyone is willing to help you learn and grow. Great work-life balance and support from senior staff.
Wouldn't recommend working in any bank branch's
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
Micro managed without the managers comprehending how the long term effect will take its toll and have no customers trust what the bank's are doing. The recent TD article comes to mind.
Pros
Promoted quickly if you are good
Cons
No flexibility
nice team and good management
Account Administrator, Trust and settlement (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
Have a good life work balance; nice team and good management.
You will have a lot of fun working in Trust Team of CIBC Mellon and managers are kind and considerate. Though salary will not be that high.
Fantastic opportunities to gain additional skill set as a leader.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON18 March 2017
Managed 10 direct reports. Advanced my skill set in managing not only financial aspects of business but also risk, operations, HR and business development.
Good work and Positive Environment
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2017
A typical day at work:

start at designated time
swipe in
check emails
heavy work load - can be handled, good coordination skills needed, and task tracking skills,
talks to multiple stakeholders to get things done.
repeated and planned followup is needed to see things through
the good thing is they provide the tools to do so.

Extremely security oriented so initially things like no in-office pics seem strange but I got adapted soon to the culture.

And process change is tough due to the security rigidity, trying out things on software side is a big no no. So if you are an IT geek wanting to drive change, - changes are mostly top down so you may not enjoy it. The pros of this is that changes are handled well and least amount of stress across organization.

But if you love operations then it is the place to be, lots of interaction with people and work. And when you are done for the day you go home satisfied and sleep well without worrying about the next day.
Pros
Good systems and procedures are in place
Cons
Salary & Advancement opportunities
Culture is very friendly and nice
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
If you excel in your skillset for your job. The culture at CIBC allows you to grow. Also the management is very friendly and accomodating. I would recommend working at cibc.
It's alright.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Crossfield, AB14 March 2017
I love my job here. The clients are amazing, and so is my manager. The benefits package is also really great. However, I cannot give a higher rating due to the fact that the salary is so low. I can barely afford to eat, but it takes up just enough of my time that having another job is hardly an option. In addition to this, it really feels like the higher management (other than my two direct managers) really do not care about their employees. There is no option for more hours at the branch I work at (without getting in trouble). Overall, it's an amazing place to work if you don't actually need the money.
Not so much fun working with this company as the increase per year is only a dime. no kidding
Branch Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 March 2017
With the fast inflation of living expense, wage increase is pitiful with a dime increase, how can you save any penny for my retirement. I might have been more aggressive with my sale tactics if the increase is not that low, can't even buy me a lollipop.
Pros
Free lunches every now and then
Cons
less break
Fun Place
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 March 2017
Working at the Bank will attract you with lots of good people.
I loved working for CIBC the salary and benefits wasn't very attractive when I was working there, hopefully it has been improved.
Pros
Discount on the service charges
Enjoyed the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
This is where I learned a lot of my skills in the Banking aspect when I started.I was there full time. Unfortunately I had to leave sooner from here as there was a manager conflict going on with numerous employees.
Pros
Learning Process
Cons
Management not good
Excellent place and great company to work for
Field Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
Great mentors and excellent company to work for .
Lending skills, customer skills and how to come up with flying colours were the skills that gets into you , without any efforts being made .