CIBC

CIBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place
Credit Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2014
great place to work,, friendly environment***********************************************************************************************************************************
Positive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: little room for advancement in the company.
CIBC offers excellent benefits. There were set schedules with the ability to adjust any shifts for emergencies or appointments outside of work. However, there we little room for growth in the company and it is very difficult to relocate to a location that best fits the employees need.
Overall, management and co-workers made the job excited. The job – more... consisted on making sales, and through the use of incentives, the job atmosphere was more of a friendly competition. – less
Good workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 25, 2014
Always a good place to work. Fun environment if you get into a branch with enjoyable people.
CIBC
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2014
It's an average place to work. CIBC does not excel in any particular area. However it's decent place to obtain experience, although there are very few opportunities for advancment. Unless your related to a Director/Manager.
fun environment with team players
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCAugust 20, 2014
I work with a group of people that are all willing to help each other. if you do not know that answer to a question you can ask anyone and they are willing to help you.
ex-employee (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Gained additional knowledge and skills
Good Pay
Good Benefits
employment at cibc
Financial Sales representative (Current Employee), torontoAugust 18, 2014
i have only been employed by CIBc for a couple months. Overall the company is a great place to work for. fair salary and great benefits.
not as great as I though. They unfair to disabled individuals
Mortgage Clerk Processor (Former Employee), 33 yonge st Toronto, OntarioAugust 18, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: read artivle above
poor, Working very hard to be laid of us their thanks
I tyied every typical day and they never appreciated it
I learned how they really treat people unfairly
Co-workers were good management poor
being unjustly laid off
no important part they are bad
Great company to work for, in general.
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 16, 2014
Pros: location close to home, benefits, like the job in general
Cons: extended hours, working saturdays
Good benefits, close to home, nice people and professional management, however recent changes to the position do not let to maintain life/work balance: extended hours and working Saturdays were introduced, and I would be fine with that if I was not a single parent - constant challenge whom to leave my child with when I have to work extra hours or on – more... Saturday.
Overall I'm very greateful to CIBC for granting me the job anyway. – less
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
Pros: financially stable
Cons: not a whole lot.
Check your email and make sure that all tasks are done for that day
Learned alot about Mortgages
Management cares and want to help you grow
The people you work with male the day go better on a bad day
Enjoyable part has to be making sure you finish all your goals for the day
Motivating and Energetic
Project Control Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2014
Love my workplace and co-workers. Always a good day on job but the work load sometimes quite heavy!
No growth within the company
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: easy repetitive work.
Cons: no growth within the company. very long hours on occasion.
Repetitive work. High chance of being pigeon-holed. Good starting job for new graduates. No growth within the company.
Great place to work with fabulous benefits
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Penticton, BCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits and paid holidays
Cons: rate of pay could be higher
typical day would consist of preparing for appointments booked and making calls for renewals or followups and booking new client in for new products or services. Meeting clients on regular basis or meeting new clients for the first time as walkins. Continuation of credit application input on system and informing client if approved or not approved. I – more... help out in all areas of the Branch including helping fellow coworkers if they experience problems as they arise. – less
Nice place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2014
It offers a lot of opportunities to undergraduates, graduates and professionals alike, with a lot of options for advancement.
Great Place to work
Test and Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2014
I had an excellent time working with my managers and colleagues. CIBC was one of my best experience during work.
Productive and fun place to work
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2014
The management was good.Nice place to work.
learned lot of thing which was useful for the next job
Good Place to work
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee), Belleville, OntarioJuly 30, 2014
Company closed down and no longer operating in Canada so do nto feel a review is necessary
typical bank employer
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: nation wide -ageism not an issue
Cons: they don't have the same loyalty to employees as they do for the company.
was over all a good place to work . I did for many years.
I felt a sense of loyalty to them .
How ever they don't have the same sentiment for their employees as the person's making the decisions about positions do not know you or the environment you work in .
Professional Place
Business Consultant (Former Employee), 55 yonge StreetJuly 29, 2014
Word during work time. Professional working environment and make opportunities to progress
Great open concept enviornment with friendly colleagues
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2014
Pros: sales incentives
Cons: a lot of learning in small amount of time
CIBC is a great company to work for because there is always an opportunity for employees to advance and grow within the company. They also do a great job of picking who they hire; even with all the diversity, everyone met on the common ground of "friendly". The only negative I can say was that there was a lot of pressure to make sales and stay on quota; – more... otherwise, going to work was a fulfilling experience daily. I would like to work for the company again (as to I was on a 6 month contract) but probably in a different department. I personally had a great manager who always went the extra mile to ensure you as a new employee are getting the tools and answers necessary to fulfill tasks. All-in-all, my time there was a good one and it taught me a lot about the "office environment" and even politics that have become a part of who I am outside of work. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more