CIBC

CIBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), 750 Lawrence Ave WJuly 21, 2014
Typical day at work was great. I learnt how to deal better with co-workers as well as clients.Management could have been better. Hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to all the lovely people I met. Every single part of the job was enjoyable
fun workplace and great co-workers
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJuly 20, 2014
fun workplace and great co-workers.
Own time/task management
its oe of the best working enviroment
Deposit Processing Officer (Current Employee), Noh York, ONJuly 17, 2014
Nice supervisors, no pressure as long as you meet their expectations on every shifts. 30 min pad and 30 min non paid breaks.
Worst place to be if you are a contract employee
Retail Accounts Processing Officer (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 16, 2014
Cons: having to report every single detail to management ie. what question that person just asked me
The co-workers were great to work with, but that was as good as it got. Being a contract worker through Manpower, we were treated as disposable people who were paid to produce work and do nothing else. Management would prevent contractors from communicating with anybody and restricted flexibility with breaks and workloads. Contractors were used and – more... abused, then discarded when no longer needed. we would constantly be forced to work extra time and were not able to track the extra time, or if we did work overtime hours, we would be told to leave early the next day to balance out the difference. if you ran into commuting issues which caused lateness it would be a problem, even if just 2-3 minutes late, yet would try to force you to take on extra work at the end of your shift after you've already signed off and not get paid for any extra time (15-20 mins extra time). – less
such an experience
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Tehran, IranJuly 13, 2014
working in an Expert environment, with expert people, in a technical subject was really great
bad management
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Langley, BCJuly 10, 2014
The management is very bad. Current manager comes in late, leaves early, does not provide coaching. There is a lot of pressure on sales, with no consideration on the best interests of the client. Financial services representatives fudge the #'s to make themselves look good. There is no training in place, you need to be self taught.
Fair working environment; great for someone early on in their career
Associate (Graduates Matter Rotational Program) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2014
Pros: work life balance, culture of giving back to the community, develops breadth of experience
Cons: few creative outlets, very process driven, does not allow enough time for associates to build expertise in any one area
People were friendly and rotational associates are generally given good opportunities to work on significant projects and to gain visibility from senior management. However, the rotations now span across several business units, which does not allow for much building of expertise in the short (i.e. 4 month) rotations.
Great Employee Culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2014
CIBC is constantly bettering their employee experience and the employees are greatly engaged in their respective work environments.
Cool place to work
Mobile QA Analyst (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 2, 2014
Testing tools need to be updated.
Don't always outsource everything.
Management is awesome
Excellent cultural diversity
Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
This company have excellent cultural diversity. Very micro managed
A company that tries hard to make employees feel like a team!
Supervisor II (Former Employee), VancouverJune 30, 2014
Pros: staff appreciation day, ice cream day, run for the cure and many more.
Cons: job security out west(never know when your position will relocate to toronto)
When working with CIBC, I enjoyed going to work everyday. My co-workers were friendly, my managers were very approachable and I liked my job! I was lucky to have a steady 9-5 M-F schedule and should something come up, it was flexible to change.
Hardest part of the job was to apply changes to procedures that would make sense within the line of business – more... and the most enjoyable part was the changes being applied & successfully utilized. – less
They exploit you
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2014
Always increase your sales targets, but do not adjust your salary. Lots of pressure. Because people are very dissatisfied with the company, there is a high turnover rate.
Fun activities
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJune 24, 2014
Pros: there was always overtime for extra money
Cons: shift schedules
There would ofton be numerous parties an organized events to departments that exceed all quotes as a reward for accomplishing our goals.
I feel that my creative process will benefit both QA and BA team
BA / QA Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 21, 2014
I am a BA /QA Analyst with extensive experience in Business Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Feasibility and Gap analysis, Documentation, Use cases and UML for CIBC. I have 5+ years of experience in Developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects and actively participated in – more... project status meeting and Involved in all phases of the SDLC from Requirements analysis, Test Strategy development, Test case development, Test case execution, Defect Management for System testing ,UAT Testing.

I feel that my creative process will benefit both QA team and BA team

Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to have the opportunity to discuss the opening with you in person. – less
High volume hectic work place
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Thomas OntarioJune 15, 2014
Dealing with lineups from open to close, cash handling, face to face customer service
Gained work experience regarding market data
Market Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
- Gained significant experience performing market data QA
- Organized the solving over 100 data issues on the RSI project. Especially in commodities, interest rates, and credit spreads
- Gained a great understanding of data structures and issues as a result of conducting ad-hoc analyses and cleansing historical data
fair working environment. good people to work with
Mortgage Servicing Specialist, TB Mortgages (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: encourage to move within firm to different position
Cons: internal competition only is still very high
telephone banking mortgages of CIBC located in 100 University Ave, Toronto. currently working as mortgage servicing specialist. Good position in terms of getting into the company, but expected turnover rate of this position by management itself is 1-2 years where even managements are actually encourage to move to different areas of the organization. – more... not a job that we will enjoy day to day as it is eventually customer contact center but good place to find a better position within firm – less
a productive and fun place to work in
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
CIBC is a very fun place to work in. It has a good family atmosphere in the workplace.
i'd recommend working in CIBC to any of my peers in the industry.
Excellent company
Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 8, 2014
Cons
Dated systems
Difficult balance between sales expectations and servicing appointments- which do not generate sales
Micromanagement is very common
Pay is low for the work expectations
Difficult to compete for business with mortgage brokers and top competitors.

Pros
Great community partner
Management maintains that they're willing to get you to – more... where you need to be in your career- it may not happen in the time you want it to, however.
Overall good company. – less
Productive workplace
Senior HR Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoJune 4, 2014
Great place to advance in your career

good management
great co-workers

1 2 3 4 5

About CIBC

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered – Read more