CIBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,104 reviews matching the search
DBA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2016
it was a very good experience to wok in CIBC. great place to work .
but work load sometimes was very heavy .
watch out for the knives
Communications (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
A horrible environment where managers are not held to account. If you wish to work in an environment that supports you and treats you like a member of the team then apply elsewhere.
Minimum 80 hour work week expected to meet goals
Mobile Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  OntarioJune 27, 2016
The Mortgage Advisor Role: Very little support given to new hires. Negatives are highlighted, while positives are down-played. Zero work/life balance.

CIBC as a whole: Making great strides technologically, branch climate is generally happy.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Complicated compensation structure, unrealistic hours to be worked
Fun workplace with nothing but support by coworkers and managers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
A typical day at CIBC consists of having the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment while being able to work alone and others. It is being able to work for the better of the company by creating and maintaining good working relationships with clients and being able to meet individual goals. There is a lot of opportunity to grow and build skills. There is a lot of teamwork in working as a CSR, being able to learn from coworkers and have help by managers. The only truly hard part about work is being able to work with long lines and customers that may be frustrated
Pros
feeling of teamwork, meeting new people
Cons
no overtime pay if needed to stay longer
I have learnt team work is a way to go so far working with CIBC
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
I have learnt team work so far working with CIBC

I have learnt team work is a way to go so far working with CIBC

I have learnt team work so far working with CIBC
CIBC is a great company that ensure the needs of all their clients are fulfilled.
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 22, 2016
A Financial Service Representative is responsible for creating a great experience for both new and existing clients by identifying their needs through utilization of CIBC Financial tools. Throughout the day
we are responsible for proactively initiating phone calls to book appointments with clients to discuss their needs and to offer financial solutions. This requires probing and using different tools to ensure we are providing something suitable for the client.

As FSR's we have weekly sales, service and referral targets for personal and small business clients. We are still responsible for achieving our sale targets. This position requires individuals to have a strong code of ethics while adhering to and protecting client privacy. This is due to the confidential information and documents we receive from clients such as credit bureau, various forms of income confirmation, investment documents. Hence it is important for FSR's to accurately capture and validate clients’ personal and financial information, ensuring all documentation is complete in accordance with CIBC policies and procedures.

In this position individuals learn interpersonal, commmunication and problem solving skills due to the various day to day interactions with clients. Interactions vary from clients losing a love one to experiencing fraud on their account to a client hence being empathetic is very important. This is one of the challenges that a FSR will experience since we cannot control the emotions of a client however what we can control is how the client will feel after interacting with you. Another
  more... challenge is achieving sale targets during slower months/seasons. An example of these slow period is the Christmas/New year season, many clients travel and others are not interested in coming to the bank.

Being able to interact with individuals, identify their needs and help them is a great satisfaction. As finances is the number one priority in every home it is satisfying to know we have put our clients at ease. Along with working as a team it ensures a positive environment that produces great results. Working with a company that ensures clients needs as prority is always plus!
Another number
Senior Settlements Officer, FX (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
Worked the night shift. It was terrible and the way was not great. I complained about my work partner to management, but nothing got done.
Pros
Cons
Too long to list
Seems good on the surface, but no value of employees.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ONJune 21, 2016
I was so excited when I was offered the job at CIBC in 2015. The training was simple enough, and within a short amount of time working my own wicket, I felt comfortable with the job requirements. A typical day involved opening my cash, serving clients with varying financial needs from simple deposits or withdrawals, to more complex transactions involving lines of credit, or foreign exchange. At the end of the day we had to balance our cash, and that was the most difficult part for me, though I found with more focus on each transaction I was able to improve and master this task. I learned a lot about the financial sector, and I really enjoyed working there. Although it did feel like the company as a whole has very little value for their employees, in a small town I felt connected with my coworkers and our clients. I honestly loved my job. I was going to take on additional responsibilities within the branch. However I have never worked in this industry before, so I was unfamiliar with some of the red tape. As I approached my one year with the company, in a misguided attempt to do something nice for my coworkers, I unintentionally violated a privacy section of the code of conduct. In my disciplinary interview, the district manager came into the branch, whom I had never met before, and did not believe my innocence when I explained what had happened and I was immediately terminated. I felt completely helpless. I had worked so hard for this company, consistently improving my performance and familiarity with their systems only to be disbelieved and terminated with no recourse. There  more... was frequent changes in management within the branch, and at the time of my dismissal the manager in the branch had only known me for a week. I felt that if there had been a manager in the branch who actually knew me, had actually worked with me, they could have given their opinion in this situation that I would not have deliberately done this. That is not the type of person that I am, and I have no doubt if my coworkers had been asked, they would have vouched that they did not feel their privacy had been violated by me. All in all, while I felt like each person I interacted with in my branch enjoyed their jobs, there was a lot of stress involved with keeping your job. I was often told that people get fired all of the time for ridiculous reasons, and I guess I should have taken that more seriously. If you have worked in the financial sector before, and are prepared to be consistently undermined in your job and feel constantly like your job is at risk, then by all means apply at CIBC. If you want to have a job where you can learn and improve yourself over time, don't bother.  less
Pros
employee banking, excellent hours of operation
Cons
frequent management changes, high turnover, understaffed, do not value employees.
No freedom
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jasper, ABJune 19, 2016
Worst part about it is that there are too many restrictions. There is no scope of putting forward your own creativity. Just following orders
Changing environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2016
fast changing environment with good co-workers, chance to learn new things everyday. flexible working schedule allows Work From Home
My first job, good start
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 16, 2016
Not a bad place to work for your first job, I was 16 and the management was good and the hours were flexible. The co-workers were great people also
Great company
Branch Support (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NTJune 14, 2016
I would work for this company again. Cares about their employees. Wages and benefits were fair, and fellow employees were great to work with. All around great company.
Best Company I've Ever Worked For
Corporate Trust Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2016
The people were like family to me. Fun workplace, great duties, great manager. I miss it very much. Too bad they're not here in Hamilton.
Pros
Family like workplace
Cons
Fun place to work at in a friendly environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2016
CIBC is a very diversified company that hires from different cultures and backgrounds. They hold many fun events to ensure all the employees meet and greet each other to become a unit when working on certain projects. Managers are very experienced that staff are able to learn so much from them.
I've learned to use many different software such as Wall Street, COINS, IWS and many more. Most of which are used to create/edit accounts for foreign exchange deals to help customers make a smooth transaction.
It has been a great experience working for CIBC.
Excellent work culture.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2016
Daily scrum meeting
Planning, esitmation and scheduling
application development
Release management
Post implementation review.
Retail Lending Officer
Summer Student - Retail Lending Operations (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 13, 2016
The job does not allow you to work at your full potential. Very mundane tasks that can be easily done within a few hours.
high energy and fun place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2016
Prospect to further your career and fun place to work for. equal opportunity and a leader in technology,
Would recommend to any one to start a career.
Good stepping stone
Financial Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 10, 2016
First full time job, just graduated school last June. Gained a lot of experience with clients and built relationships. Learned a lot of mortgages and stuff
Environment is not condusive to personal success
Senior IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
* Expected to carry out the roles of 3 individuals due to downsizing.
* Very difficult to meet deadlines and objectives when deadlines are intentionally ignored by both VP's and PM's.
*Contractors are treated as second class citizens.

Would not recommend staying long term (beyond 1 year) at this bank. It is a good stepping stone.
Pros
Able to use my professional experience
Cons
Overworked, poor team environment, information sharing does not exist, upper management not concerened with contractual staff
Relaxed Work Environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
I work in a very relaxed 8-4 work environment. Dress code is business casual. There are a lot of people working through agency. CIBC is working towards a very customer oriented environment which is good.