CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,429 reviews matching the search
Productive and intense workdays
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Company offers lots of perks, like working from home, employee share purchase plan and benefits. Lots of career advancement and personal development opportunities, sometimes days can get very intense, but overtime not required, unless it is voluntary and pre-approved in advance
Pros
work from home
Cons
intense workdays
Nice place to work and good benefits. Supportive and understanding team leads.
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
A great place to learn and grow. Supportive team leads and managers help make the environment less stressful. You do face lots of challenges though and are expected to deliver. For the right person this results in lots of avenues for learning and growing.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Productivity, fun, learning culture
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
investigates forgery and theft within customers’ accounts and transactions on behalf of a bank or a financial institution. tracking and monitoring the bank’s transactions and activity that comes through the customers’ accounts. I identify and trace any suspicious or high-risk transactions, determine if there is improper activity involved, and determine if there is any risk to the bank or its customers.
Good Company but hard to get in.
ProofReader (FRENCH) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
I don't know what to do to be hired. I have tried everything. What should I do; give up or continue? Working with CIBC was good. I am willing to go back as a new employee.
Pros
In Toronto
work summary
Data Analytics and Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2017
Work and life are balanced at CIBC wood Gundy. therefore, it is not stressful and It can be challenging because I did risk analysis for share holder and and data analytics for the company. It was productive and very educational.
Pros
the security is excellent and I felt safe.
Cons
It can be very relaxed and too distracting if the manager is away from office.
Great Office Environment, Supportive staff, Great and Fun training, community events.
Universal Banker/ FSR II (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 May 2017
Day start with routine activities and safety and security procedures. Following by staff meeting int he morning where we have to discuss about how the day should look like also how the previous day was.

countless things to learn. Interest with clients on daily basis where you understand what client is facing on their financial life. Different culture and different language gives little insight of different parts of the world.

The best thing is, CIBC provides you with great knowledge and experience in such short time which would give you enough strength to help clients to improve their financial situation.
Supportive team leads
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 May 2017
Great learning environment. This position helps acquire vast knowledge in the field of Banking and finance. Supportive team leads. Understanding team.
good benefit, three weeks vacation
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2017
compare to other FI not the highest paid in the industry but in terms of job advancement, they give you opportunities to try different role...........
Overall good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
As a customer service representative I worked as a front-line associate serving customers with transactions. Considering the size of the company, they provide their associates with fair benefits and compensation (even to part time associates).
always learning new things every day
Customer and Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON9 May 2017
excellent place to work
always learning
never a dull day
meeting new people
a lot of opprotunities to move up with in the company
always ingaging with the community
Great environment and good place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
People there are good to work with
Everyone is friendly and compassionate
Full-time workers work overtime without pay
Training provided does not apply to the job
Job is confusing at first but then you get the hang of it.
Pros
stock benefits
Cons
changing procedures constantly on the fly
Friendly Environment
Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2017
Easy to communicate with the management hierarchy
Good work life balance
flexible working environment
Financial support for education

comparatively low salary
Fun work place!
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Smithers, BC6 May 2017
CIBC is not just a bank but a wonderful environment to learn and work in!
The staff is super friendly and willing to help me learn and the customer always come first!
Fun workplace
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North york6 May 2017
Great company - they are very employee centric. I have worked here for many years and find that it has great potential. They reward according to your performance
good work place
Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
good work place good people,magement is good,taking care of their employee.good multicultural enviorment,,management helps to encourage in work..having great time with cibc...
Family Orientated
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 May 2017
Very friendly staff and management teams.
Customer service driven
There was a great support system in place for employees, need it be fellow employees, management or help desk lines.
Pros
Twice a month breakfast meetings, to keep on same page
Cons
Time Volunteering at RSP time with no pay to make individual quotas.
Excellent job opportunity.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
Excellent job opportunity. CIBC allowed me to move from Toronto, Ontario as a Online Telephone Service Rep. to Fort McMurray, Alberta as a Financial Service Representative. It was a great job opportunity and taught me an abundance of knowledge.
Not great
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON3 May 2017
Not a great place to work. benefits are good but pay is poor, advancement is poor and management is hit and miss. If you are lucky, your manager will know operations side. If not, they will wash their hands and leave you high and dry to figure things out on your own and then blame you for issues that arise. Sales are a HUGE part of this business so unless you are a really good saleperson, don't bother. Teller are being phased out and sales is in.
Pros
3 weeks vacation, benefits after 3 months, pension plan
n/a
PERSONAL BANKING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
working at cibc is wonderful, we are like a small family. the hours could be a little better and also the pay. some times it can be stressful with the sales targets.
Fun & great environemnt
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  NL2 May 2017
A typical day at my workplace. I enjoy getting up and going to work for CIBC. We have a great team. Learns something new every minute of the day. Culture is outstanding, hardest part of the job is leaving my kids for a daycare. and most enjoyable part is the amount of respect we get from our manager, and all the activites she plan outside of work for us.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
some daily activities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.