CIBC Employee Reviews

tres bel environnement de travail
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2017
Bcp davantages sociaux et assurances
si tu performes bien, ton salaire peut etre augmenter
les gens sont toujours la pour taider si tu as des questions
les collegues de travail tres sociables et aimable
productive and fun place to work with
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 December 2017
.workplace culture is good. caring managers, a typical
Continually prospect and network for new business opportunities face to face
Entering businesses and generating conversation by educating the merchant’s on how we can help grow their business.
Identify interest and understand customer needs and requirements
The goal is to gain contact information and merchant statements
Would Have like to work there permanently
Mortgage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
Good Place to work. Was laid off, jobs moved to India. Did not appreciate the way I was laid off. 2 days notice? I would have preferred to have an option to apply for other jobs.
Creative and dynamic environment
Purchasing Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
Providing plan layouts, purchasing materials and implementing installations for CIBC retail branch locations across the GTA. Coordinating the various teams to achieve the outcome and seeing clients enjoy the space was very satisfying. Capturing the most suited contractor at the appropriate time while not infringing on other projects was very challenging. The day to day atmosphere was very enjoyable and the team building was the best I've every seen.
Great security and room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON3 December 2017
A typical day at work is hard as there are a lot of clients to accommodate and each have different needs. As well as hitting your targets and providing the best customer service. I have learnt a lot in the time I have been with CIBC, management has been good.
benefits
Cons
wage
Gud place to work
Sales & Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 December 2017
I loved working there, had a very good peer support & manager. Opportunities to get overtime & extra pay for that. Very friendly team members. Very good benefit plans for employees.
great
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB30 November 2017
was a good experience working at CIBC,I enjoyed carrying out my duties start,end daily balancing cash flow,talking to the costumers and making sure their needs are met.
Pros
working with the costumers
Cons
the compliants
Working at the branch level was a productive and fun atmosphere to be a part of.
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
Working for CIBC has taught me many things over the time spent working for the company. It allowed me to learn and grow within the company environment to meet my personal priorities and objectives. I began my career as a part-time csr and was quickly able to move onto a full time position with the company. Through hard work and initiatives I was able to further my career and balance work and my personal life to become part of the management team. The branch environment is one where the focus is customer service oriented and that was my most enjoyable part of the day to day operations. Meeting and getting to know our clients was an integral part of the workplace culture and finding solutions for our clients gave me a deep personal satisfaction of accomplishment. Our unit worked as a team and our results reflected that team spirit.
Pros
Ability to further your career within the company and balance work and life style.
Cons
Long hours and working short handed with minimal staff at hand to assist in helping the front line.
Fantastic learning experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 November 2017
It was an enjoyable place to work. The products and services offered were appropriate for the majority of clients. Workplace culture became more about profitability rather than the appropriate service to the client
Amazing opportunities and career growth/development
Commercial Mortgage Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2017
CIBC has an amazing platform in which they showcase and focus on employee growth and development. I have literally started from the bottom and have worked my way up in this company. Everyone is like family and are treated with respect. It' an amazing place to start and develop your career and have the opportunity to become whoever you want to be. Thank you CIBC for everything you have done in my life.
Productive and fun workplace
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2017
Productive and fun workplace with great job culture. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with CIBC during the summers of 2016 and 2017. Would love to work there again.
A great place to start your career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2017
Meeting and greeting clients. Helping them with their day to day banking needs. Learning about the Canadian banking system and Government regulations that relates to banking.
Advance at your own pace or as required.
Working in Human Resources is extremely political and, with the amount of restructuring, many are concerned with only their own job security.
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2017
There are good people there but the ones who aren't make life extremely stressful and difficult. If you are lucky to end up in an area with a good manager, then you will love working there.
political - poor management
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
very political work environment. management is lacking! advancement and opportunity is dependent on "toeing the party line". Original thought and challenging of status quo is not encouraged,
High pace job
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 November 2017
Stressful and totally sales focused role. Calling clients everyday and meeting their banking needs. This roles does not focus on just one aspect but covers all the aspects of banking like credit, investment and cash management.
Enjoyed my time
Manager of Client Exp./Operations/FSR II (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 November 2017
Servicing clients by uncovering their individual goals and helping them achieve them along with their day to day banking needs. Learned many things, each and every day...
Training and advancement are available within the company
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
Managed a team of hard workers who are willing to work overtime in order to achieve the deadlines. Enjoyed working with all staff across the company. Able to advance my career with training, but sometimes could not find the time to take the training based on the workload.
Pros
Balance of work and lifestyle. Advancement of career.
Cons
Work load of managing team and HR activities
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
Typical day: prioritizing effectively to meet deadlines, as well as bringing a professional demeanor and positive attitude to work.Overall,great place
Pros
Free yoga classes
Cons
Need more career advancement opportunities
Credit Contact Center Representative
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
zero parking for ccc reps, either your car gets towed of pay 15/day. If your late your scrutinized. Targets were your life line either you achieve them or you loose your job. Pressured us to sell constantly even if it didnt suit the customers needs. My previous manager has zero experience in the banking industry and didn't know any procedures or how vacation hours worked. Micro managed department. Your time is everything if you are 2 mins late back from lunch you are penalized. everything is watched. how you talk how long and what you say in what tone. Mentally you are stressed at the end of your shift you want to go home and be alone.
Pros
free lunch, discounts and persk
Cons
short breaks, no parking, no recognition for work well done
productive
Project Manager Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2017
37.5 hour work week, learned project management, management is very supportive and the work environment is very good. office locations are conveniently located on the subway

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.