Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Fun and great learning expierence
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 February 2016
I loved working there for just over a year doing, cash, hosting parties, and kid check, everyone I work with is always fun my management is super nice and understanding, never had any issues with my fellow employees because we were kind of alike. I learned so much from hosting parties, dealing with annoying parents and nice parents, how to handle busy busy days, how to get tips and how to win the most tickets.
Benefits: My managers were very chill, we got free soft drinks, 50% off food and seeing regular customers!
Pros
50% off food, sometimes reward meals, free soft drinks, friendly work family
Cons
Hours vary by the busy or not busy season, some parents are too extra..
Not my cup of tea
Game room attendee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2016
Fun workplace, nice area, repetitive music and the lighting in the restaurant, coupled with the noise of the games, i would constantly have headaches, but that's just one person.
consistent work, easy job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2015
Chuck E. Cheese incorporated was my first part time job and i eventually became a crew leader, being responsible for training new employees. That being said, the treatment of kitchen staff in terms of payment and tip out is extremely unfair and unsupervised by the management. Besides that, Chuck E. Cheese has an extremely enjoyable work environment and a well polished guideline for workplace productivity
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unfair tip out system
Workplace with entertainment and happy surrounding
Electronic Gameroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
Maintaining job standards and polices in fast paced environment with heavy crowd everyday. Many helping and supporting staff to help develop the business
Pros
Free lunches
A great workplace with always smiling staff
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 September 2015
Fun place with the greatest management always smiling and encouraging the staff. Really care about your work development and if you need to work you will get hours. Most enjoyable part is being a hostess and letting the kids have an awesome time with their friends hardest part is keeping the party on track seeing as sometimes guests are late
Good job to have while attending school
Kid check (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 August 2015
I worked here while I was going to school. I learned to deal with the public. I made some friends while working here. It was a good working experience.
Pros
work experience
Cons
dealing with screaming children
Very fun work place.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge ON14 July 2015
Usually get very busy after lunch. Iv gained alot of interacting skills there since i did parties so i met alot of families. The managers were very laid back, and the co-workers were all my age or around it so we all got along. The best thing about this job was playing with the kids.
Pros
Half off on food
Cons
No hours
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North York, ON8 July 2015
A typical day at Chuck E Cheese is a very fun, safe and productive day. Ive learned more about people and have strengthened my customer service skills.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  REGINA26 June 2015
love it. lots of new things to learn. Love interacting with customers there. Games are just fantastic. friendly working atmosphere, not much burden.
Pros
Food
Cons
Chuckee Head
amazing place to throw parties for kids
Hostess (Former Employee) –  edmonton, AB20 June 2015
you have to have patience and always be energetic and make sure you enjoy what you are doing. It taught me to make time for everything and how to actually deal with people and also having a positive attitude towards everything that comes your way. there is a problem ? easy because there is always a solution
Pros
discount on food
Cons
productive and sometimes really fun
Game Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 June 2015
Got a lot of work experience especially since it was my first job. A fun environment to work in but can be very stressful at the same time.
CEC work
top up seller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2015
Working at chuckecheese is a rewarding job, with an amazing team and a very positive working environment . A typical day can be a lot as I work as positions and switch mid shift as well do a cleaning shift where I detail clean the whole store. I've learn all sorts of things from fixing games, to making dough. The hardest part of my job is remaining calm when customers fight for your attention in every position you work but its so rewarding seeing kids leave happy.
Chuck E Cheese
Kid Check/Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Scarborough16 April 2015
I absolutely love my job here, currently I'm still employed here. I have gained a large amount of customer service skills, I love dealing with all sorts of people. Management gives us amazing hours, unfortunately they're only on weekends, that is why i'm looking for another job. I love my co-workers were a family.
Pros
free food
Cons
cleaning the store
Much Need Skills
Birthday party hostess (Former Employee) –  Vaughn Mills11 April 2015
While working at Chuck E. Cheese I gained the necessary skills required to keep oneself composed in a chaotic environment as well as deal with a large amount of stress. Chuck E. Cheese gave me the necessary skills to deal with irate customers as well as multitask.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Party Hostess/Kitchen attendee (Former Employee) –  North York, ON31 March 2015
I loved working for CEC, my GM was the best manager ever and the overall experience and staff are great. It's fast paced and filled with smiles for the most part due to rude customers who are pushy and impatient. My DM could've been more friendly, besides that everyone's like family. Hardest part was maintaining the salad bar on busy weekends, having to take it down after long days and sleepily setting it up at 9am the next morning to prepping garden vegetables and fruit salads. I loved everything from my regulars and new faces, to the staff and of course all the cute kids I get to work with daily.
Pros
"Like family" work environment, Great General Manager, Conveniently placed
Fun workplace with games
Assistant Technician & Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  mississauga23 March 2015
As a assistant technician i learned how to fix the games and maintain them.
The co-workers and management are very nice and enjoyable to work it.
Pros
free food if Team 2 member
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
Productive and amazing as a first job
Cashier/ Party Planner (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB8 October 2014
Cashiering
Party Planning
dancing around as Chuck.E
playing with the kids
meeting parents needs
Having a second childhood was the best part of the job
Productive and fun
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 June 2014
You get to work with your hands! A fun and interesting experience.
Pros
Play games and work with hands
Cons
Rude customers
fun exciting place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 June 2014
I enjoyed working at chuck e cheese everyone was very nice always had lots of fun interactions throughout my day and learnt how to handle lots of stuff at once
Pros
free stuff
Cons
Late nights
great employer, horrible management
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2014
the job itself was amazing, lots to do, always busy, but management was ball-busting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9