Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Staff was like a family
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 February 2017
My two years at Chuck E. Cheese were some of the greatest I have experienced. There was nothing but positive environment among the coworkers. It was very unfortunate that the location had closed down and I know for certain it wasn't because of a poor production by the staff.
It's not the greatest
Game room Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2017
Honestly this wasn't the best job I've ever had. I was working with the games technician manager working on the games. The manager was very rude. He would call me stupid and talk down on me. I've complained numerous times and eventually went to HR. Working here wasn't too bad except for that manager. The other employees were kind and I've built some friendships. The other managers were also kind. I left this job because I got a different job and I was very stressed working here because of how I was treated so I had no choice but to leave.
Pros
some friendly staff
Cons
not the greatest environment
Great place to help people with their needs.
Games Attendant, Kitchen Staff, and kid check (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2017
I learned working here that you as long as you work hard and do what you are supposed to do you will get more hours. I as well learned that if you make yourself more available to work that eventually they will take advantage of that and will have you on call so you can't make plans that day. They as well mess up your pay checks and vacation pays and force you to wait to figure things out and end up paying you in cash from the safe, and the next pay check you get they will "give you more money than you made" so that they can put that money back into the safe. When they finally offer you a raise it would probably be a month or so until the minimum wage goes up.
Pros
50% off all items
Cons
Managers expect you to work hard, while they just stand around texting or even talk to other managers.
Its okay
Kitchen Staff/ party host (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2017
It's not a bad place to wprk but there's lots of kids running around and the manager is strict. Just by doing your job and not taking anything personal it will be fine .
Pros
You get hours
Cons
Kids and ots messy
Efficient and fun work placement
Party Hostess (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON20 November 2016
Management is very efficient and good at running all operations. Worked with children parties and was responsible for ensuring all their needs were met in the span of a 2 hour party. Overall, fun working atmosphere and would recommend to any young individual who would need a part time job.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Only scheduled when needed for booked parties
Very fun and fast pace environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2016
Working at a children's entertainment place teaches everyone to enjoy what you do! This means making sure that families are having a memorable time all the while ensuring that complaints and issues are constantly being addressed.
Productive and fun
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 September 2016
I learned how to be more understanding and patient with both the adults and children. It also taught me great multitasking skills while completing a given task
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Below Minimum wage
productive
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2016
a typical day at work is making every child happy and making sure they enjoy they're birthday. I've learned not to be shy while talking the the parents.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
very long hours
Good place
Cashier/Kitchen/Kid Check/Party host (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 August 2016
This job gave me an opportunity to start my first part time job, loved it. Given it was not all too busy in this location still helped me learn at a fast pace, managers were all too kind, knew how to push you to get work done without being pushy about it. Loved the co-workers as they are relatively your age (High school kids mostly.) Hardest part is the closing as it is the only time you will ever get a manager to constantly nit pick little stuff that shouldn't be a problem. It's an okay job, I just hated being the mascot (as it seems to wreak a bad smell) and short shifts (as they are only 3-8 hours.)
Pros
Friendly Half-priced food, occasionally free reward food
Cons
Short-Hours dealing with kids
Fun
Game Room Attendant/ Kitchen Worker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 July 2016
CEC was an enjoyable place to work. Management was understanding and found great ways to push the staff without out being harsh or punishing. The atmosphere was great.

Want to know more about Chuck E. Cheese?

Ask a question
Great Work Experience
Birthday Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 May 2016
A typical day is 5 - 8 parties.

Helps you learn to work at a fast pace, while learning to multi- task.

Breaks everyone out of their shy shell.

Mangement is strong, hard working and caring .

Co- workers are all around student ages which helps make you lots of life time friendships.

Regular guest are my favourite part about this job.
Pros
Confinent booster.
Cons
Long days
amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2016
it was an amazing experience> I learned a lot about myself and what I can accomplish at a job while getting paid thank you!
Pros
created a fun environment
Cons
did not have enough shifts
Fun, safe place for children
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2016
Typical day includes providing service and hospitality to guests.
Coworkers and management are all friendly.
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Productive and fun workplace and you get along easily with you other co-workers.
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2016
A typical day at Chuck E Cheese was fun and enjoyable,you worked with kids around your age,so you got along easily with everyone. Great place to work if you enjoy being around children.
Pros
You would get half price on foods
Cons
Didn't really give you days off on special occasions
Fun Workplace with lots of games and good food
Kid Check (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 April 2016
A typical day at work would be socializing with customers and wearing the chuck e costume. I learned how to better my teamwork skills and how to quickly fix unexpected issues. My assistant managers were wonderful and were positive but knew how to be stern on busier days. My co-workers were really nice and supporting and were very helpful when I first got started. the hardest part of the job is being yelled at by irritable birthday parents the most enjoyable part of the job is dressing up as chuck e and playing games or taking pictures with the birthday parties.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
Long Hours, Lots Of Standing and Dancing
one big happy family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV29 February 2016
Here at chuck e cheese all the employees and managers were very close. I never had an issue with needed assistance with training or was ever given a hard time when i needed a day off.
Pros
discount food
Cons
Fun and great learning expierence
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 February 2016
I loved working there for just over a year doing, cash, hosting parties, and kid check, everyone I work with is always fun my management is super nice and understanding, never had any issues with my fellow employees because we were kind of alike. I learned so much from hosting parties, dealing with annoying parents and nice parents, how to handle busy busy days, how to get tips and how to win the most tickets.
Benefits: My managers were very chill, we got free soft drinks, 50% off food and seeing regular customers!
Pros
50% off food, sometimes reward meals, free soft drinks, friendly work family
Cons
Hours vary by the busy or not busy season, some parents are too extra..
Not my cup of tea
Game room attendee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2016
Fun workplace, nice area, repetitive music and the lighting in the restaurant, coupled with the noise of the games, i would constantly have headaches, but that's just one person.
consistent work, easy job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2015
Chuck E. Cheese incorporated was my first part time job and i eventually became a crew leader, being responsible for training new employees. That being said, the treatment of kitchen staff in terms of payment and tip out is extremely unfair and unsupervised by the management. Besides that, Chuck E. Cheese has an extremely enjoyable work environment and a well polished guideline for workplace productivity
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unfair tip out system
Workplace with entertainment and happy surrounding
Electronic Gameroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
Maintaining job standards and polices in fast paced environment with heavy crowd everyday. Many helping and supporting staff to help develop the business
Pros
Free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9