Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Good place
Cashier/Kitchen/Kid Check/Party host (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 August 2016
This job gave me an opportunity to start my first part time job, loved it. Given it was not all too busy in this location still helped me learn at a fast pace, managers were all too kind, knew how to push you to get work done without being pushy about it. Loved the co-workers as they are relatively your age (High school kids mostly.) Hardest part is the closing as it is the only time you will ever get a manager to constantly nit pick little stuff that shouldn't be a problem. It's an okay job, I just hated being the mascot (as it seems to wreak a bad smell) and short shifts (as they are only 3-8 hours.)
Pros
Friendly Half-priced food, occasionally free reward food
Cons
Short-Hours dealing with kids
Very fun and fast pace environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2016
Working at a children's entertainment place teaches everyone to enjoy what you do! This means making sure that families are having a memorable time all the while ensuring that complaints and issues are constantly being addressed.
Great Work Experience
Birthday Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 May 2016
A typical day is 5 - 8 parties.

Helps you learn to work at a fast pace, while learning to multi- task.

Breaks everyone out of their shy shell.

Mangement is strong, hard working and caring .

Co- workers are all around student ages which helps make you lots of life time friendships.

Regular guest are my favourite part about this job.
Pros
Confinent booster.
Cons
Long days
Productive and fun
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 September 2016
I learned how to be more understanding and patient with both the adults and children. It also taught me great multitasking skills while completing a given task
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Below Minimum wage
Fun Workplace with lots of games and good food
Kid Check (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 April 2016
A typical day at work would be socializing with customers and wearing the chuck e costume. I learned how to better my teamwork skills and how to quickly fix unexpected issues. My assistant managers were wonderful and were positive but knew how to be stern on busier days. My co-workers were really nice and supporting and were very helpful when I first got started. the hardest part of the job is being yelled at by irritable birthday parents the most enjoyable part of the job is dressing up as chuck e and playing games or taking pictures with the birthday parties.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
Long Hours, Lots Of Standing and Dancing
Productive and fun workplace and you get along easily with you other co-workers.
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2016
A typical day at Chuck E Cheese was fun and enjoyable,you worked with kids around your age,so you got along easily with everyone. Great place to work if you enjoy being around children.
Pros
You would get half price on foods
Cons
Didn't really give you days off on special occasions
productive
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2016
a typical day at work is making every child happy and making sure they enjoy they're birthday. I've learned not to be shy while talking the the parents.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
very long hours
Fun
Game Room Attendant/ Kitchen Worker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 July 2016
CEC was an enjoyable place to work. Management was understanding and found great ways to push the staff without out being harsh or punishing. The atmosphere was great.
Fun and great learning expierence
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 February 2016
I loved working there for just over a year doing, cash, hosting parties, and kid check, everyone I work with is always fun my management is super nice and understanding, never had any issues with my fellow employees because we were kind of alike. I learned so much from hosting parties, dealing with annoying parents and nice parents, how to handle busy busy days, how to get tips and how to win the most tickets.
Benefits: My managers were very chill, we got free soft drinks, 50% off food and seeing regular customers!
Pros
50% off food, sometimes reward meals, free soft drinks, friendly work family
Cons
Hours vary by the busy or not busy season, some parents are too extra..
amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2016
it was an amazing experience> I learned a lot about myself and what I can accomplish at a job while getting paid thank you!
Pros
created a fun environment
Cons
did not have enough shifts
Fun, safe place for children
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2016
Typical day includes providing service and hospitality to guests.
Coworkers and management are all friendly.
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
one big happy family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV29 February 2016
Here at chuck e cheese all the employees and managers were very close. I never had an issue with needed assistance with training or was ever given a hard time when i needed a day off.
Pros
discount food
consistent work, easy job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2015
Chuck E. Cheese incorporated was my first part time job and i eventually became a crew leader, being responsible for training new employees. That being said, the treatment of kitchen staff in terms of payment and tip out is extremely unfair and unsupervised by the management. Besides that, Chuck E. Cheese has an extremely enjoyable work environment and a well polished guideline for workplace productivity
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unfair tip out system
Not my cup of tea
Game room attendee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2016
Fun workplace, nice area, repetitive music and the lighting in the restaurant, coupled with the noise of the games, i would constantly have headaches, but that's just one person.
A great workplace with always smiling staff
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 September 2015
Fun place with the greatest management always smiling and encouraging the staff. Really care about your work development and if you need to work you will get hours. Most enjoyable part is being a hostess and letting the kids have an awesome time with their friends hardest part is keeping the party on track seeing as sometimes guests are late
Workplace with entertainment and happy surrounding
Electronic Gameroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
Maintaining job standards and polices in fast paced environment with heavy crowd everyday. Many helping and supporting staff to help develop the business
Pros
Free lunches
CEC work
top up seller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2015
Working at chuckecheese is a rewarding job, with an amazing team and a very positive working environment . A typical day can be a lot as I work as positions and switch mid shift as well do a cleaning shift where I detail clean the whole store. I've learn all sorts of things from fixing games, to making dough. The hardest part of my job is remaining calm when customers fight for your attention in every position you work but its so rewarding seeing kids leave happy.
amazing place to throw parties for kids
Hostess (Former Employee) –  edmonton, AB20 June 2015
you have to have patience and always be energetic and make sure you enjoy what you are doing. It taught me to make time for everything and how to actually deal with people and also having a positive attitude towards everything that comes your way. there is a problem ? easy because there is always a solution
Pros
discount on food
Very fun work place.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge ON14 July 2015
Usually get very busy after lunch. Iv gained alot of interacting skills there since i did parties so i met alot of families. The managers were very laid back, and the co-workers were all my age or around it so we all got along. The best thing about this job was playing with the kids.
Pros
Half off on food
Cons
No hours
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Party Hostess/Kitchen attendee (Former Employee) –  North York, ON31 March 2015
I loved working for CEC, my GM was the best manager ever and the overall experience and staff are great. It's fast paced and filled with smiles for the most part due to rude customers who are pushy and impatient. My DM could've been more friendly, besides that everyone's like family. Hardest part was maintaining the salad bar on busy weekends, having to take it down after long days and sleepily setting it up at 9am the next morning to prepping garden vegetables and fruit salads. I loved everything from my regulars and new faces, to the staff and of course all the cute kids I get to work with daily.
Pros
"Like family" work environment, Great General Manager, Conveniently placed

2.9