Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work at
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me clearing tables and serving food for most of the shift. I learned how to treat customers with respect. Management would change a lot and got confusing sometimes when they both expected different things.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
Didn't receive enough shifts
Role/Job at Work
Party Hostess / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
• Making sure everything is set up for a birthday part on time.
• Salad bar and condiment station has to be stocked up.
• Washrooms are neat and tidy.
• Making sure our guests is satisfied with their visit.
awful work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley British Columbia Canada12 August 2017
I never felt welcome at work, the management was terrible and the coworkers weren't respected. I did enjoy talking to customers. that's what helped me get through my day. if I've learnt anything is work somewhere where your managers respect you as a person and coworker
Pros
free food
Cons
not treated well
Gameroom Activities
Gameroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2017
When working at Gameroom it may become hectic. But when things die in the store it is always fun to play with other kids and host friendly events for prizes.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 July 2017
Definitely a fun-loving place but people of all age groups. The work environment is very friendly as you get to interact with many old and new customers on a daily basis and develop your customer service and interpersonal skills. The best part is assisting kids and their parents with different kinds of purchase at the food area and the toy section. In sum, a great place to work!
Pros
Discount meals and lots of games
Cons
Music is always loud!
Great
Manager (Current Employee) –  edmonton ab28 June 2017
Worked for CEC for a while, it's a great family-like work place, keeps you very busy with cleaning and staying organized, but its an enjoyable time and job.
Pros
Fast paced, good people
Cons
Sometimes rude guests
Great Management, Bad Pay
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 June 2017
No chance of getting a raise. You work extremely hard for minimum wage. Other than that 3 out of 4 managers are amazing. One is an idiot who does not know what he's doing, the rest are there to help you.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Hard work, bad pay
Loud and very busy
Front Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 June 2017
Was very busy on weekends. Management was slacking and didn't help employees much during busy hours. You were expected to do many duties and multitask.
amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2017
this job was the best job ever, everyone that worked there were so nice and polite to the customers. very welcoming good place to work. management was by far the best.
great place to build social skills
Cashier and party host (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 June 2017
Its a great environment and you meet many amazing people while building strong social skills but the management is quite unfair and you wont get many shifts if you are not Favorited by managers
Pros
meet great people, really builds socials skills
Cons
rude parents, unfair management
easy and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 June 2017
One of my favourite jobs super fun and easy the fact that its so much fun makes the time go faster employees are super friendly and easy going male manager though is very strict
overall a decent-ish place to work
Kitchen worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2017
Very low hours at this location, the hours are not that flexible, and managment is very strict, intense enviroment with some fun times once in a blue moon
Cons
short hours
Great Place to work for highschool students
Assistant Game Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 May 2017
I would go in and clean all the games, organize the maintenance office and carts and help out in the kitchen or where ever else was needed. I would dress up as the mascot and dance for the kids.
Pros
Constantly changing environment, free lunches
Cons
limited career growth oppertunities
Great first job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 May 2017
This was my first job. At the time I was in high school and this was a great way to have fun and meet other people my age. The hours were not long and management was understanding of school being a priority. My shifts were typically weekend shifts where I would work anywhere between 5-8 hours. However, I did not have to work during the week days which allowed me the ability to get my work done during the week.
Pros
meeting people my age
Cons
management
1st job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2017
perfect job if you're just staring out but be aware if you get put on merch(merchandise) you will guaranteed run into impatient parents that give tons of attitude.
Pros
fair hours
Cons
inconsiderate and rude customers.
Good workplace with flexible hours
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2017
Good work environment that allowed for flexible hours and let me work around my schedule. Work may go beyond scheduled hours but managers are supportive and accommodating.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 April 2017
Chuck E. Cheese was a fun part time job that I had the opportunity to experience in high school. It helped me understand the concept of businesses and how to manage different types of people. I enjoyed my time there as it helped me improve my problem solving skills as well as my interpersonal skills.
Pros
Short commute, good hours, helpful management
Lack of training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Willowdale, ON23 April 2017
Chuck E Cheese was a great learning environment until moving up in the ranks. Once you've reached a management position the training drops and youre expected to learn on the go without assistance. Time off even when booked months in advance is generally refused. Unprofessional work environment
Pros
free lunch, fun environment
Cons
work every single weekend 9-13 hour shifts
Good place to get yourself started
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 March 2017
Overall Chuck. E Cheese was a good work place because they got me started from a young age and allowed me to work my way up. I do have my complaints about some of the organization of the headquarters, and the importance of certain issues compared others. However, it gave me the opportunity to gain experience managing which I'm very grateful.
The culture is kind of your regular restaurant, however most of the employees are high school students.
Hardest part of the job was keeping patience, because it is a loud, crazy environment. Lots of lights, screaming, vomit, you definitely need to a calm person who can handle the chaos.
Most enjoyable part, was the people I worked with.
Pros
Free food ( team 2 and managers only)
Cons
Headquarters is slightly disorganized
It's a good place to start off work
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 March 2017
I love working with the great mangers and how easy it is to start and get the hang out the job! I work with many great people and everything is a great experience. My personal favourite part is being chuck e
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9