Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Great
Manager (Current Employee) –  edmonton ab28 June 2017
Worked for CEC for a while, it's a great family-like work place, keeps you very busy with cleaning and staying organized, but its an enjoyable time and job.
Pros
Fast paced, good people
Cons
Sometimes rude guests
Great Management, Bad Pay
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 June 2017
No chance of getting a raise. You work extremely hard for minimum wage. Other than that 3 out of 4 managers are amazing. One is an idiot who does not know what he's doing, the rest are there to help you.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Hard work, bad pay
Loud and very busy
Front Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 June 2017
Was very busy on weekends. Management was slacking and didn't help employees much during busy hours. You were expected to do many duties and multitask.
amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2017
this job was the best job ever, everyone that worked there were so nice and polite to the customers. very welcoming good place to work. management was by far the best.
great place to build social skills
Cashier and party host (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 June 2017
Its a great environment and you meet many amazing people while building strong social skills but the management is quite unfair and you wont get many shifts if you are not Favorited by managers
Pros
meet great people, really builds socials skills
Cons
rude parents, unfair management
easy and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 June 2017
One of my favourite jobs super fun and easy the fact that its so much fun makes the time go faster employees are super friendly and easy going male manager though is very strict
overall a decent-ish place to work
Kitchen worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2017
Very low hours at this location, the hours are not that flexible, and managment is very strict, intense enviroment with some fun times once in a blue moon
Cons
short hours
Great Place to work for highschool students
Assistant Game Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 May 2017
I would go in and clean all the games, organize the maintenance office and carts and help out in the kitchen or where ever else was needed. I would dress up as the mascot and dance for the kids.
Pros
Constantly changing environment, free lunches
Cons
limited career growth oppertunities
Great first job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 May 2017
This was my first job. At the time I was in high school and this was a great way to have fun and meet other people my age. The hours were not long and management was understanding of school being a priority. My shifts were typically weekend shifts where I would work anywhere between 5-8 hours. However, I did not have to work during the week days which allowed me the ability to get my work done during the week.
Pros
meeting people my age
Cons
management
1st job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2017
perfect job if you're just staring out but be aware if you get put on merch(merchandise) you will guaranteed run into impatient parents that give tons of attitude.
Pros
fair hours
Cons
inconsiderate and rude customers.
Good workplace with flexible hours
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2017
Good work environment that allowed for flexible hours and let me work around my schedule. Work may go beyond scheduled hours but managers are supportive and accommodating.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 April 2017
Chuck E. Cheese was a fun part time job that I had the opportunity to experience in high school. It helped me understand the concept of businesses and how to manage different types of people. I enjoyed my time there as it helped me improve my problem solving skills as well as my interpersonal skills.
Pros
Short commute, good hours, helpful management
Lack of training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Willowdale, ON23 April 2017
Chuck E Cheese was a great learning environment until moving up in the ranks. Once you've reached a management position the training drops and youre expected to learn on the go without assistance. Time off even when booked months in advance is generally refused. Unprofessional work environment
Pros
free lunch, fun environment
Cons
work every single weekend 9-13 hour shifts
Good place to get yourself started
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 March 2017
Overall Chuck. E Cheese was a good work place because they got me started from a young age and allowed me to work my way up. I do have my complaints about some of the organization of the headquarters, and the importance of certain issues compared others. However, it gave me the opportunity to gain experience managing which I'm very grateful.
The culture is kind of your regular restaurant, however most of the employees are high school students.
Hardest part of the job was keeping patience, because it is a loud, crazy environment. Lots of lights, screaming, vomit, you definitely need to a calm person who can handle the chaos.
Most enjoyable part, was the people I worked with.
Pros
Free food ( team 2 and managers only)
Cons
Headquarters is slightly disorganized
It's a good place to start off work
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 March 2017
I love working with the great mangers and how easy it is to start and get the hang out the job! I work with many great people and everything is a great experience. My personal favourite part is being chuck e
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough hours
Staff was like a family
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 February 2017
My two years at Chuck E. Cheese were some of the greatest I have experienced. There was nothing but positive environment among the coworkers. It was very unfortunate that the location had closed down and I know for certain it wasn't because of a poor production by the staff.
It's not the greatest
Game room Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2017
Honestly this wasn't the best job I've ever had. I was working with the games technician manager working on the games. The manager was very rude. He would call me stupid and talk down on me. I've complained numerous times and eventually went to HR. Working here wasn't too bad except for that manager. The other employees were kind and I've built some friendships. The other managers were also kind. I left this job because I got a different job and I was very stressed working here because of how I was treated so I had no choice but to leave.
Pros
some friendly staff
Cons
not the greatest environment
Great place to help people with their needs.
Games Attendant, Kitchen Staff, and kid check (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2017
I learned working here that you as long as you work hard and do what you are supposed to do you will get more hours. I as well learned that if you make yourself more available to work that eventually they will take advantage of that and will have you on call so you can't make plans that day. They as well mess up your pay checks and vacation pays and force you to wait to figure things out and end up paying you in cash from the safe, and the next pay check you get they will "give you more money than you made" so that they can put that money back into the safe. When they finally offer you a raise it would probably be a month or so until the minimum wage goes up.
Pros
50% off all items
Cons
Managers expect you to work hard, while they just stand around texting or even talk to other managers.
Its okay
Kitchen Staff/ party host (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2017
It's not a bad place to wprk but there's lots of kids running around and the manager is strict. Just by doing your job and not taking anything personal it will be fine .
Pros
You get hours
Cons
Kids and ots messy
Efficient and fun work placement
Party Hostess (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON20 November 2016
Management is very efficient and good at running all operations. Worked with children parties and was responsible for ensuring all their needs were met in the span of a 2 hour party. Overall, fun working atmosphere and would recommend to any young individual who would need a part time job.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Only scheduled when needed for booked parties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9