Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Great Place to work for highschool students
Assistant Game Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 May 2017
I would go in and clean all the games, organize the maintenance office and carts and help out in the kitchen or where ever else was needed. I would dress up as the mascot and dance for the kids.
Pros
Constantly changing environment, free lunches
Cons
limited career growth oppertunities
Great first job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 May 2017
This was my first job. At the time I was in high school and this was a great way to have fun and meet other people my age. The hours were not long and management was understanding of school being a priority. My shifts were typically weekend shifts where I would work anywhere between 5-8 hours. However, I did not have to work during the week days which allowed me the ability to get my work done during the week.
Pros
meeting people my age
Cons
management
1st job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2017
perfect job if you're just staring out but be aware if you get put on merch(merchandise) you will guaranteed run into impatient parents that give tons of attitude.
Pros
fair hours
Cons
inconsiderate and rude customers.
Good workplace with flexible hours
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2017
Good work environment that allowed for flexible hours and let me work around my schedule. Work may go beyond scheduled hours but managers are supportive and accommodating.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 April 2017
Chuck E. Cheese was a fun part time job that I had the opportunity to experience in high school. It helped me understand the concept of businesses and how to manage different types of people. I enjoyed my time there as it helped me improve my problem solving skills as well as my interpersonal skills.
Pros
Short commute, good hours, helpful management
Lack of training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Willowdale, ON23 April 2017
Chuck E Cheese was a great learning environment until moving up in the ranks. Once you've reached a management position the training drops and youre expected to learn on the go without assistance. Time off even when booked months in advance is generally refused. Unprofessional work environment
Pros
free lunch, fun environment
Cons
work every single weekend 9-13 hour shifts
Good place to get yourself started
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 March 2017
Overall Chuck. E Cheese was a good work place because they got me started from a young age and allowed me to work my way up. I do have my complaints about some of the organization of the headquarters, and the importance of certain issues compared others. However, it gave me the opportunity to gain experience managing which I'm very grateful.
The culture is kind of your regular restaurant, however most of the employees are high school students.
Hardest part of the job was keeping patience, because it is a loud, crazy environment. Lots of lights, screaming, vomit, you definitely need to a calm person who can handle the chaos.
Most enjoyable part, was the people I worked with.
Pros
Free food ( team 2 and managers only)
Cons
Headquarters is slightly disorganized
It's a good place to start off work
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 March 2017
I love working with the great mangers and how easy it is to start and get the hang out the job! I work with many great people and everything is a great experience. My personal favourite part is being chuck e
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough hours
Staff was like a family
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 February 2017
My two years at Chuck E. Cheese were some of the greatest I have experienced. There was nothing but positive environment among the coworkers. It was very unfortunate that the location had closed down and I know for certain it wasn't because of a poor production by the staff.
It's not the greatest
Game room Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2017
Honestly this wasn't the best job I've ever had. I was working with the games technician manager working on the games. The manager was very rude. He would call me stupid and talk down on me. I've complained numerous times and eventually went to HR. Working here wasn't too bad except for that manager. The other employees were kind and I've built some friendships. The other managers were also kind. I left this job because I got a different job and I was very stressed working here because of how I was treated so I had no choice but to leave.
Pros
some friendly staff
Cons
not the greatest environment
Great place to help people with their needs.
Games Attendant, Kitchen Staff, and kid check (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2017
I learned working here that you as long as you work hard and do what you are supposed to do you will get more hours. I as well learned that if you make yourself more available to work that eventually they will take advantage of that and will have you on call so you can't make plans that day. They as well mess up your pay checks and vacation pays and force you to wait to figure things out and end up paying you in cash from the safe, and the next pay check you get they will "give you more money than you made" so that they can put that money back into the safe. When they finally offer you a raise it would probably be a month or so until the minimum wage goes up.
Pros
50% off all items
Cons
Managers expect you to work hard, while they just stand around texting or even talk to other managers.
Its okay
Kitchen Staff/ party host (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2017
It's not a bad place to wprk but there's lots of kids running around and the manager is strict. Just by doing your job and not taking anything personal it will be fine .
Pros
You get hours
Cons
Kids and ots messy
Efficient and fun work placement
Party Hostess (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON20 November 2016
Management is very efficient and good at running all operations. Worked with children parties and was responsible for ensuring all their needs were met in the span of a 2 hour party. Overall, fun working atmosphere and would recommend to any young individual who would need a part time job.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Only scheduled when needed for booked parties
Very fun and fast pace environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2016
Working at a children's entertainment place teaches everyone to enjoy what you do! This means making sure that families are having a memorable time all the while ensuring that complaints and issues are constantly being addressed.
Productive and fun
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 September 2016
I learned how to be more understanding and patient with both the adults and children. It also taught me great multitasking skills while completing a given task
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Below Minimum wage
productive
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2016
a typical day at work is making every child happy and making sure they enjoy they're birthday. I've learned not to be shy while talking the the parents.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
very long hours
Good place
Cashier/Kitchen/Kid Check/Party host (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 August 2016
This job gave me an opportunity to start my first part time job, loved it. Given it was not all too busy in this location still helped me learn at a fast pace, managers were all too kind, knew how to push you to get work done without being pushy about it. Loved the co-workers as they are relatively your age (High school kids mostly.) Hardest part is the closing as it is the only time you will ever get a manager to constantly nit pick little stuff that shouldn't be a problem. It's an okay job, I just hated being the mascot (as it seems to wreak a bad smell) and short shifts (as they are only 3-8 hours.)
Pros
Friendly Half-priced food, occasionally free reward food
Cons
Short-Hours dealing with kids
Fun
Game Room Attendant/ Kitchen Worker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 July 2016
CEC was an enjoyable place to work. Management was understanding and found great ways to push the staff without out being harsh or punishing. The atmosphere was great.
Great Work Experience
Birthday Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 May 2016
A typical day is 5 - 8 parties.

Helps you learn to work at a fast pace, while learning to multi- task.

Breaks everyone out of their shy shell.

Mangement is strong, hard working and caring .

Co- workers are all around student ages which helps make you lots of life time friendships.

Regular guest are my favourite part about this job.
Pros
Confinent booster.
Cons
Long days
amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2016
it was an amazing experience> I learned a lot about myself and what I can accomplish at a job while getting paid thank you!
Pros
created a fun environment
Cons
did not have enough shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9