Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and great learning expierence
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 18, 2016
I loved working there for just over a year doing, cash, hosting parties, and kid check, everyone I work with is always fun my management is super nice and understanding, never had any issues with my fellow employees because we were kind of alike. I learned so much from hosting parties, dealing with annoying parents and nice parents, how to handle busy busy days, how to get tips and how to win the most tickets.
Benefits: My managers were very chill, we got free soft drinks, 50% off food and seeing regular customers!
Pros
50% off food, sometimes reward meals, free soft drinks, friendly work family
Cons
Hours vary by the busy or not busy season, some parents are too extra..
Fun Workplace with lots of games and good food
Kid Check (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 14, 2016
A typical day at work would be socializing with customers and wearing the chuck e costume. I learned how to better my teamwork skills and how to quickly fix unexpected issues. My assistant managers were wonderful and were positive but knew how to be stern on busier days. My co-workers were really nice and supporting and were very helpful when I first got started. the hardest part of the job is being yelled at by irritable birthday parents the most enjoyable part of the job is dressing up as chuck e and playing games or taking pictures with the birthday parties.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
Long Hours, Lots Of Standing and Dancing
one big happy family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 29, 2016
Here at chuck e cheese all the employees and managers were very close. I never had an issue with needed assistance with training or was ever given a hard time when i needed a day off.
Pros
discount food
Great Work Experience
Birthday Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 22, 2016
A typical day is 5 - 8 parties.

Helps you learn to work at a fast pace, while learning to multi- task.

Breaks everyone out of their shy shell.

Mangement is strong, hard working and caring .

Co- workers are all around student ages which helps make you lots of life time friendships.

Regular guest are my favourite part about this job.
Pros
Confinent booster.
Cons
Long days
Productive and fun workplace and you get along easily with you other co-workers.
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
A typical day at Chuck E Cheese was fun and enjoyable,you worked with kids around your age,so you got along easily with everyone. Great place to work if you enjoy being around children.
Pros
You would get half price on foods
Cons
Didn't really give you days off on special occasions
consistent work, easy job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 26, 2015
Chuck E. Cheese incorporated was my first part time job and i eventually became a crew leader, being responsible for training new employees. That being said, the treatment of kitchen staff in terms of payment and tip out is extremely unfair and unsupervised by the management. Besides that, Chuck E. Cheese has an extremely enjoyable work environment and a well polished guideline for workplace productivity
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unfair tip out system
amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2016
it was an amazing experience> I learned a lot about myself and what I can accomplish at a job while getting paid thank you!
Pros
created a fun environment
Cons
did not have enough shifts
Fun, safe place for children
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2016
Typical day includes providing service and hospitality to guests.
Coworkers and management are all friendly.
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
A great workplace with always smiling staff
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  North York, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Fun place with the greatest management always smiling and encouraging the staff. Really care about your work development and if you need to work you will get hours. Most enjoyable part is being a hostess and letting the kids have an awesome time with their friends hardest part is keeping the party on track seeing as sometimes guests are late
Not my cup of tea
Game room attendee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Fun workplace, nice area, repetitive music and the lighting in the restaurant, coupled with the noise of the games, i would constantly have headaches, but that's just one person.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Party Hostess/Kitchen attendee (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 31, 2015
I loved working for CEC, my GM was the best manager ever and the overall experience and staff are great. It's fast paced and filled with smiles for the most part due to rude customers who are pushy and impatient. My DM could've been more friendly, besides that everyone's like family. Hardest part was maintaining the salad bar on busy weekends, having to take it down after long days and sleepily setting it up at 9am the next morning to prepping garden vegetables and fruit salads. I loved everything from my regulars and new faces, to the staff and of course all the cute kids I get to work with daily.
Pros
"Like family" work environment, Great General Manager, Conveniently placed
Cons
amazing place to throw parties for kids
Hostess (Former Employee) –  edmonton, ABJune 20, 2015
you have to have patience and always be energetic and make sure you enjoy what you are doing. It taught me to make time for everything and how to actually deal with people and also having a positive attitude towards everything that comes your way. there is a problem ? easy because there is always a solution
Pros
discount on food
Cons
Workplace with entertainment and happy surrounding
Electronic Gameroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Maintaining job standards and polices in fast paced environment with heavy crowd everyday. Many helping and supporting staff to help develop the business
Pros
Free lunches
Chuck E Cheese
Kid Check/Merchandising (Current Employee) –  ScarboroughApril 16, 2015
I absolutely love my job here, currently I'm still employed here. I have gained a large amount of customer service skills, I love dealing with all sorts of people. Management gives us amazing hours, unfortunately they're only on weekends, that is why i'm looking for another job. I love my co-workers were a family.
Pros
free food
Cons
cleaning the store
The employees made it worth while, other than that not that great of a gig
PM/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 5, 2013
Worked there for over a year.. met lots of great people that worked with me. Work was only bearable because of all the good company.. Aside for a select few the management didn't respect the workers like they should have. Which caused lots of good staff to quit. Weekends were ridiculous and sometimes overwhelming but work during the week was not very demanding at all. Worst part of the job was having to go into the suit and dancing, hands down.. or cleaning up after kids that had thrown up, peed.. etc.
Pros
50% off food, decent schedule if you're not in school
Cons
lack of respect from manager, very busy weekends, dancing in a giant mouse-suit
Fun workplace with games
Assistant Technician & Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  mississaugaMarch 23, 2015
As a assistant technician i learned how to fix the games and maintain them.
The co-workers and management are very nice and enjoyable to work it.
Pros
free food if team 2 member
Cons
not enough hours or pay
Very fun work place.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge ONJuly 14, 2015
Usually get very busy after lunch. Iv gained alot of interacting skills there since i did parties so i met alot of families. The managers were very laid back, and the co-workers were all my age or around it so we all got along. The best thing about this job was playing with the kids.
Pros
Half off on food
Cons
No hours
Good job to have while attending school
Kid check (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKAugust 5, 2015
I worked here while I was going to school. I learned to deal with the public. I made some friends while working here. It was a good working experience.
Pros
work experience
Cons
dealing with screaming children
CEC work
top up seller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2015
Working at chuckecheese is a rewarding job, with an amazing team and a very positive working environment . A typical day can be a lot as I work as positions and switch mid shift as well do a cleaning shift where I detail clean the whole store. I've learn all sorts of things from fixing games, to making dough. The hardest part of my job is remaining calm when customers fight for your attention in every position you work but its so rewarding seeing kids leave happy.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  REGINAJune 26, 2015
love it. lots of new things to learn. Love interacting with customers there. Games are just fantastic. friendly working atmosphere, not much burden.
Pros
Food
Cons
Chuckee Head

2.9