CHS Inc. Employee Reviews

It was a good place to work
IT Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MN25 January 2018
Culture was similar to a small town and everyone was friendly. There were some tough managers that were old school and very financially driven and worried more about their own career rather than helping others around them grow. Besides those managers the employees were great to work with and the company treats their employees well.
Chs
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MN25 January 2018
Good company to work for with good corporate culture. Benefits and work life balance are good. Could use better career development programs. Past management made some mistakes but the company is on a better path now.
Try is out!
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TN20 January 2018
I would recommend working here! Good place to work and grow, the people you work with are amazing and the environment is great. I just felt it was somewhere I wouldn't spend a lifetime career.
Working with fertilizer
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN4 January 2018
A typical day consisted of off loading barges of fertilizer and storing it in warehouses and to load rail cars and trucks for shipment through out the US.
Productive and nice workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Livingston, MT3 January 2018
I really liked working there, but they wouldn't be flexible with my schedule, I wouldn't have the schedule I applied for, the manager was flighty and forgot she didn't schedule anyone for night shift, I was poorly treated by employer, and when I put in my two weeks the employees treated me poorly too.
Pros
Free soda, discount.
Cons
No break.
Accounting Internship
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MT2 January 2018
I loved working here. It was fast paced, but I was able to get help if I needed it most of the time. I know a lot of people there too. I enjoyed my time spent here.
Not good to work for
outside grain operations (Former Employee) –  Colorado29 December 2017
Management is unorganized which creates chaos. I have spent several 30 hour days there on the clock without lunch breaks. This company only cares about itself and not the employees.
Pros
Benefits and job security for the first month
Cons
everything else tied to this business
Company culture has taken a turn for the worse.....
Selection Services Manager - Central Region (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MN28 December 2017
CHS, Inc. has the ability to be a wonderful company to work for; however, because individuals are hired into positions of power and then given the authority to make business decisions that have a negative impact on the company, the morale and culture are compromised as a result.
Pros
Benefits, remote working locations, direct supervisors
Cons
Senior leadership, company culture, customer relationships compromised
Overall a good place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  South Sioux City, NE27 December 2017
CHS was a good place to work. The plant in South Sioux City was state of the art and offered good wages for the area. I'm going to miss working there.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Loud, hot work environment in certain places
Review
QA/QC Department (Current Employee) –  South Sioux City, NE20 December 2017
I did appreciate my time working with CHS. I learned a lot of valuable information which will help me further my career. I really enjoyed the people i worked with.
Poor Management
Propane Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mandan, ND11 December 2017
Hauled every type of refined fuel there is.Also pulled a pressure bottle Trl.all over ND,SD,MT. Like the work and the drivers worked with.Had a very poor safety rating Management was cut throat.
Pros
Pay
A good place to work.
Grains technician (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, IL5 December 2017
It's a good job to have. You have days where everything goes right and it's smooth sailing. When things go wrong though it can be very fast paced and stressful
Do not trust anyone in management.
A laid off employee (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KS4 December 2017
Our plant was closed this past Friday. We had no idea that it was happening a few of us felt like it was going to happen eventually but not right at the moment. It appears they had been trying to sell the plant for a year with no luck yet they continually told us they were out pursuing more business/contracts to keep producing our product. The plant manager was quite possibly the most inept person I have ever met at disseminating information. The plant manager was a gutless worm to not let his employees know what was happening and continually saying he didn't know what was happening which is just an outright lie. 3 plants closed this Friday under similar conditions just shameful on this coproation operates.
Pros
Benefits and fellow employees
Cons
Upper management won't/cant make a decision.
Everyone hates being there.
Process operator (Current Employee) –  Annawan, IL21 November 2017
CHS Inc in Annawan nine-year-old plant ran in the ground like a fifty-year-old plant. Management claims to have great training for its employees yet you can't ask more than two people a question about how to do a task and get the same answer. Management will even go low enough to blame a new employee who hasn't finished training for equipment failures. Millions of dollars spent in a biodiesel plant that can only produce garbage while the main ethanol plant deteriorates and falls apart. Safety is third on the list after production of course and Management's ability to blame employees for equipment failures. Nobody here likes their job nor would they tell their worst enemy if we were hiring believe me when I say you'd be better off working at McDonald's
Benefits
Cons
Chs is a place that can be useful for getting some work experience
Truck Driver Class A, and general labor (Current Employee) –  Chs sgri service center location in overton ne.8 November 2017
I have been working at chs in all locations in the agri service centers 10 locations. My main location was in Overton nebraska. But have gotten good reviews from all the managers that I have had dealings with. They can depend on me to get things done with very little supervising.
Decent pay, chill place to work
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Polson, MT8 November 2017
Decent pay for the area, chill place to work, sometimes was boring, sometimes was super stressful, sometimes unsafe. Overall was a pretty good experience.
Pros
Boss bought lunch sometimes, decent pay, boss let us off early sometimes, fun crew
Cons
hard work physically, had to work in the cold, asphalt smells horrible and sticks to you, boring job
Great company but unfortunate change in job culture
Financial Reporting & Consolidations Accountant (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove, MN7 November 2017
Great company that offers wonderful pay and benefits with employee recognition but too many changes that have unfortunately affected the culture and has added extreme stress to most employees.
VMware Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA1 November 2017
Good place to work, Managers encourage to have a work-life balance. Colleagues are supportive and working hours are flexible.
Workplace culture is also good
Hazmat drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN23 October 2017
Was a awesome place to work in the early 2000s but now under the new management is very poorly ran. Way to top heavy.. now the took away alot of our benefits and vacation pay. Not a good place to work. Hopefully someday it's comes around again
Pros
Use to be lots of Pros
Cons
Lot more cons than pros
management needs improvement
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OR20 October 2017
The management needed improvement at this location as they did not give annual raises and really didn't know how to treat people and employees in general respectfully

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.