CHS Inc.

CHS Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great benefits with good management
Petroleum Hazardous Materials Truck Driver (Former Employee), Minot, NDSeptember 2, 2014
Company has a culture of caring for it's employees and providing excellent benefits.
Independent assignment to create a dynamic Excel spreadsheet for domestic property tax accruals
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNAugust 7, 2014
Pros: expanding tax knowledge with property tax exposure and improving excel skills.
Cons: length of time spent researching excel features to accomplish calculation goals.
I arrived each morning before 8 am to prepare for the day. At the beginning of the assignment, I conferred with the tax department on what the information described and the calculations produced on each of the 76 property tax forms. Then, with the appropriate understanding and knowledge gained, I created a complex and dynamic excel spreadsheet for each – more... location that would calculate a monthly property tax accrual to enter in the company's accounting system. Therefore, if you wanted to determine the property tax accrual as of July, you just select the month of July in the calendar drop-down list and the spreadsheet would display the automatic calculations for each location according to that month. I really appreciated the help I received from the employees in the Tax Department and feel the hardest part of the job was learning the Excel features needed to make the data calculate according the tax forms and produce each monthly property tax accrual correctly. Thus, the most enjoyable aspect of the assignment was being able to learn, improve, and use my Excel skills to create a complex yet dynamic spreadsheet to be easily used when simply selecting any month from a drop-down menu. – less
One of MN's most succesful companies!
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: excellent company, benefits package, challenging career
Cons: work life balance
CHS is an amazing Fortune 100 company! I managed the loaded truck logistics, tracking and tracing movement of Crop Nutrient products across the United States. Very challenging position that required a "can do will do" attitude. The management team was very supportive and I was granted a lot of freedom to implement cost effective programs.
Lawson HR and Payroll Support
Senior Application Developer (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNFebruary 13, 2014
SQL skills were increased here. I had fun learning Trailblazer scripting for FTP file transmission. Managed quarterly Lawson patching. Truly enjoyed attending Midwest Lawson User Group meetings.
Below average work Place
Terminal Opertor (Former Employee), 50 chester Drive St.Paul MNFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: slow times, relax alittle, back to 40 hr work weeks
Cons: no breaks, very very busy twice a year. no raises. bad mangement to employees
I worked At CHS For almost 2 years, Unsafe, Envoriment, Breathing urea,And Other Fertilzers dust in, In Basement pits Shoveling sometimes with Just Given A little dust Mask, Hard to Breath, Had To Shovel In Hard to Breathe Places, Had To Work 17 to 20 hour Days without even A break Days on end. And ur Just a seaonal part time employee without benefits. – more... making 13-14 per hr. I started to get chest Pains And got a hurnia, and they didnt even wanna talk about it, said after busy season, go get it checked out... Got Laid Off, Cause They didnt wat to hear me complain about this terminal... Thats Messed Up.. – less
Bad communication
IT (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: long hours, everyone is stressed out and putting more effort into watching their back then anything else.
Communication between and within departments is very bad. Pay differs a lot between departments. Management does not advertise other jobs within CHS. Watch your back, anything goes wrong and they need to pick someone to blame.
good company with good benifits for workers, Worked with some great people
District Manager (Former Employee), IADecember 4, 2013
Pros: lots of great benifits
Cons: political company inside the main office, to many people wanting their own growth before the company
Good company to work for with a good balance of work and family time, this company had good benefits that fit my life style well.
Good Place To Work Overall
Plant Manager (Current Employee), MnNovember 10, 2013
In general people are good to work with. The company has a range of education levels and personnel from diversified back grounds. The company does have some work to do in the area of re-location and the rate or amount their internal employees circulate between internal divisions.
slow n non professional
Laborer (Former Employee), Myrtle Grove, LAAugust 9, 2013
this was one of the worst jobs ive had the staff was very unprofessional and the management was very unprofessional
Not a bad place to work but some of the management need to hone their people skills better.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMay 22, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and decent pay.
Cons: no breaks of any kind, when i was transferred to a different store the manager there was not easy to get along with.
A typical day at work included stocking the cooler, waiting on customers and cleaning the machines (pop machine, cappuccino, as well as various other machines), soaking coffee pots and making fresh coffee, sweeping/mopping, taking out the trash and shift paperwork.

I learned how to manage my time on the graveyard shift to meet my customers needs as – more... well as my fellow employees needs. Management at most stores I worked at was excellent. They always seemed willing to help me learn in order to advance in the company. My co-workers were always helpful and hard-working.

The hardest part of the job was trying to get used to the graveyard shift. I had a hard time sleeping during the day, however, if I had it to do over again I would have stayed on graveyards with this company. The most enjoyable part of the job was my interaction with the customers and seeing to their needs. – less
Interesting line of Work
Foreman / Mechanic / Technician (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDApril 1, 2013
Pros: steady work, nice shop, good management
Cons: some times the weather made it uncomfortable to work on vehicles, but because of types of trailers and if loaded, they could not be brought into shop
Duties involved maintenance of all vehicles and trailers at current site, as was as any of vehicles and trailers from satellite locations that may be hauling in our area.

We also performed annual and five year inspections on our trailers and outside company vehicles and trailers.
BLAST!!!
Elevator Operator-Temporary (Former Employee), Holdrege, NEMarch 19, 2013
Pros: close to home, good people to work with, farmers respectful
Cons: temporary, temperature in bins, asked for long hours to be put in
On a typical day, I would rise and shine at 5:30a. I would get some breakfast in me and then do some chores around the house beforer deciding to head to work. I would arrive at work around 6:30a when it was busy and later than that when it was not busy. If I was there before my boss was, I would do my duties until he showed up to adivse what the tasks – more... were for the day. Once determined what needed to be done, I would go do them throughout the day.

I learned there are ways I do and think through a job and then another individual comes along and he/she does it differently. The key part is we ended up with the same end result.

The management was understanding and considerate about my needs when it come to health and needing time off for certain personal items. I could not have asked for better management to help me through the days I needed off.

The hardest part of this job was keeping a routine of when parts of the elevator would get cleaned. The co-workers I had did not seem to be too enthused in wanting to clean out a boot pit or clean out a moldy grain bin.

The enjoyable part about the job was watching grain be placed in the elevator for storage. It was a fun experience to watch the bins be completely empty and then two/three days they are full. It was nice to tell that I was getting something done at work. – less
fun while it lasted, seasonal
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Quincy, WAMarch 15, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: it ended
the day started early and went late. the work was good. we had a work crew of 4 and we worked well as a team to get the job done.
Hard worker
HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (Current Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: pension plans & benefits
Cons: hourly salery
I have worked with many types of equipment recently have learned all about the maintenance & repair of product hauling trailers and trucks from Anhydruose Amonia, Propane, Fuel, Oil, and all other liquid transports. I work well with others and always looking for a challenge.
Not a friendly place to work
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Corporate OfficeDecember 27, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: management, co-workers
Worked for this company for a number of years and at the beginniing this company was great, but the culture has changed over the past 10 years.

They no longer look out for their employees and most management won't have the employees backs.

Good benefits but overall not a good company anymore. It is a shame..
watch your back, no one else will...
CES (Former Employee), Northeast ColoradoDecember 12, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no support
Don't expect management to support you. Even when you perform, the CES Supervisor sides with the coop
Driver (Former Employee), Rosemount, MNNovember 30, 2012
Pros: on site showers, fuel island for trucks, great benifits
Cons: working outside in bad weather...lol it is mn
You can start for the most part as early as you want. Hard to be away from family if you have them or you don't care. Great dispatchers!!
Job is very satifactory, good people to work for
driver/dry fertilizer spreader (Current Employee), Lockney, TXOctober 29, 2012
Pros: profit sharing and benefits
Cons: pay increases not in line with merit
day to day operations, I learned all aspects of chemical, seed and fertilizer business. management are concerned about the welfare of their employees.
I Liked working For CHS
Blender (Former Employee), Tangent, OROctober 22, 2012
Pros: good work experience, time blows by
Cons: seasonal, weather is felt
Was an Excellent Well Balanced Company To work For
a few Problems where related in Job security Do to the work
Being Seasonal.
good job great co-workers
Transport Driver (Current Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 3, 2012
Pros: new trucks
Cons: no overtime
1 or 2 stops a day A lot mountain Driving management ok Making sure you get your load correct seeing different customers

About CHS Inc.

CHS Inc. is the nation’s leading cooperative, owned by farmers, ranchers and co-ops across the United States. A diversified – Read more