CHS Inc. Employee Reviews

management sucks
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA2 July 2017
if I knew then what I know now I would never refer this company to anyone as a place to work at manager and assistant manager at the store were just awful be mindful of them but I would never recommend this place to anyone looking for employment my advice steer clear of this company
Cons
it sucked
Good job, good benefits, good people.
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Annawan, IL1 July 2017
This is a good job that keeps you thinking and learning every day. They pay based on what you know and what you can do which is nice. We changed our shift to have every other weekend off which helped with the family time and work balance. Management is willing to listen and make some changes but with shift work not everyone can be pleased. The workplace is team based and most get along well. The hardest part of the job is there is a lot to learn but they have a good training program but it could be longer. Time off coverage is more of a trade with the amount of people so you get a lot of overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and things always change, you don't do the same thing over and over working both indoors and outdoors.
Pros
People, benefits and never boring
Cons
Shift work can be challenging but days off mid week are nice
This company don't deserve good people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MN24 June 2017
No time to live, working long hours for little pay. I found management to be clueless and in the dark. They don't hesitate to stab you in the back. All you have to do is tell them you are not going to break any law for the company and they will find a way to terminate you. This company has a lot of money but kicks back very little to the work force. They would rather spend it all in company growth while creating a sweat box for their workers in the field. Office people will be either rude, or if they seem nice, they are gathering info to use against you.
Pros
Work close to home
Cons
everything else
Great place
Medical Coder II (Current Employee) –  Remote20 June 2017
I loved my years with this company I would still be there if my hospital wasnt sold I enjoyed my boss she was amazing and caring and very supportive to see me do better
Changing Work Environment
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MN19 June 2017
Ability to cross train in jobs to allow for movement.

Flexible working Environment.

Enjoyable co-workers.

Upgrade to current systems in process, job functions are changing.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Changing job functions
Great Place to work
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TX13 June 2017
This is a great place to work. You have limited direction and you are responsible for your area. It gives you a chance to grow within yourself. You travel frequently
Many bosses no worker's
Grain tech (Current Employee) –  Bladen, NE6 June 2017
Not a good place to work for treat you like a dog don't care about you or your family. As long as they get their bonuses and salaries dosent matter about the grunt workers
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great place and clean!!
Assistant scale operator (Current Employee) –  Morris il3 June 2017
Great place to work. Nice environment with the drivers and other company employees. Outside weather is great to work in. Overall a nice place to work at!!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
The drive time before work
very good
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, ID31 May 2017
I love working here but I just did nt want to watch rk in the retail business, they are very freindly and awesome to work for, they work around your schedule very well and if you need help with anything they are willing to do what ever is needed to help you
great work place.
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MT29 May 2017
Small Town refinery. Good place to work, but nepotism slides in more often than not. Quality safety environment. Based in MT. Has been around for a long time. Worked there for a long time in different positions. Had no qualms with any supervisor. Overall good.
Pros
awarded for being safe.
Cons
nepotism
Fun working
Data Architect (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MN26 May 2017
Fun working, good culture, life work balanced. Nice place to work, Great people to work with and great management. Nice environment, promoting style leaders.
not available
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  KS23 May 2017
A corporate business first ag business second. Always in need of truck drivers to move grains liquids or dry products. Safety first always. In need of more customers.Management subpar at best. you are expected to put company first even for the meager wages,family second. lack of customers,lack of business lack of pay raise.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TX21 May 2017
A typical day at work includes performing preventative maintenance on facility equipment and monitoring all facility operations. facility operations include trans-loading bulk cargo from ships to railcars. Management is great, and really willing to work with you on any issues.
Pros
Co-workers and management
Cons
Erratic work schedule
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FL18 May 2017
I enjoyed my time here. I will return if asked to. Management was very open and helpful. As long as you were an outstanding employee they were flexible and listened to what you had to say. The culture was great, I had my dream job with great bosses and good coworkers. I left because the contract ended. I applied for corporate and awaiting for the position opening.
Poor Management and getting worse
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MN11 May 2017
It's one thing to have poor managers with little managing skills, but they keep hiring even worse managers with NO managing skills. Typical day would be nothing but negative feedback from those that make more money than I.
Pros
some nice folks, none managers
Cons
white people are not treated as well as other races
An Eye Opening Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  United States10 May 2017
What have I learned - that your job is never safe or secure
Workplace Culture - Workplaces are Cliquish and promote within those
The hardest part of my job - to respect the unreasonable because your job may depend on it
Most enjoyable part of my job - the customers

Don't get me wrong CHS is a wonderful company to work for if you can keep your head down and mouth shut.
Pros
Vacation, Family focused, 401K
Cons
Hire & Advancement quicker if in certian Clique
Productive, and challenging place to work with a family like atmosphere.
Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright (Current Employee) –  Othello, WA2 May 2017
Always doing something different. A typical day I could be loading/unloading trucks, operating machines, or working in packaging as needed. Most of my time however was spent maintaining, repairing, installing, removing, or even fabricating equipment.
Pros
Small plant with a family like atmosphere.
Cons
Few Opportunities for advancement.
Good place to work, fun place, and very accessible from all directions.
Regional Director of Employee Reltions (Former Employee) –  Minnesota27 April 2017
Great place to work with great office spaces. Fun place to work with a lot of opportunity for growth. Most enjoyable part of my job was being able to travel to other facilities to train and develop the employees.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Some of management lacked a lot of leadership skills.
Productive and outstanding
Youth Care Worker/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homestead Air Force Base, FL18 April 2017
Very helpful and energetic workplace. Everyone approaches you kindly and very respectfully. Everyone works together as a team. Plenty of positive workers.
Unpleasant experience
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FL17 April 2017
On March 1st, at 7am the company, through the shift manager, informed us that everything was going very well, that same day at 5pm, they sent us e-mail to let us know that we were not going to work until further notice. Today is April 17 and we are still waiting for the notice.
Pros
Cons
Lack of seriousness with the worker

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.