CHS Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good paying seasonal job
CDL Driver/Laborer and maintance repair (Former Employee), Brockton, MTNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Seasonal
They treat u good and pay u well in the spring time. They award you for your hard work. They treated well. Fun people to work for and have fun visiting with the farmers and helping them get there crops growing
Fantastic Company to work for
Office Manager/Safety Leader (Former Employee), Tillamook, OROctober 16, 2015
Working for CHS Inc under the Energy Division was a great experience. The company is a large Fortune 100 company but feels more like a family. Safety is the number one priority, and you feel from Corp. that they truly care about you. They offer training and advancement opportunities.
great benefits and management
DRIVER (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNOctober 3, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Great scheduling and very good dispatchers and coworkers. I wish I could have continued working for this company. Family issues brought me back to California.
Fun, but stressful job
Sr. Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Creston, IASeptember 21, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benifits
Cons: Very long hours, and sometimes many days from home
CHS is a wonderful company to work for, especially as a Repair Tech. Heavy work load, but wonderful teamwork. A company that is truly all about the employee. Although I had to leave because I continued to contract lung infections while working in the high dust environment, CHS stood behind me in every way, including the transition back to full time self employment.
fun work place
Quality Assurance Monitor (Current Employee), Hutchinson, KSSeptember 17, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Nice
Truck driver (Former Employee), Laurel, MTAugust 28, 2015
Good environment, excellent benefits, great pay. had a wonderful run with the company, but when I lost the vision in one eye they would not offer me another position

that's all folks
Good job that can offer future positions.
Maintenenace Technician (Former Employee), Galveston, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Local
Cons: benefits
Made sure all equipment was in perfect working condition prior to start up. Routine check ups of the plant. Maintenance conducted on anything that need repair. This included fabricating, replacing, installing, and housekeeping of facility.
decent places to work
Traffic Manager (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 20, 2015
Pros: learn new things worked with decent peoples
Cons: weather if it rains hard you make on money
co workers and managers was cool you would have to be there at 6am ready to go work was m-f and weekends off sometime youd get extra days off due to weather you got to be outside and you meet alot of new people
Not good for a Driver
Driver (Former Employee), EnidMarch 17, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: alot
The hardest part of the job is they don't really care about a driver. they have e-logs but they push you past your time every day. also the trucks are autos...just horrible
People are Numbers
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNOctober 16, 2014
This company, in my opinion, is too big. There are so many people with constant growth and people have become robots.
Very physically demanding job
forklift operator and Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Hutchinsons, KSSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: mentally and physically challenging
Cons: keeping new employees at the job for more then a week.
I enjoyed this job due to the physical requirements. In the warehouse a typical day started with wrapping finished pallets from the day before, setting up all orders to be loaded on trucks. After we started putting products onto pallets. 50lb bags were transferred from a large pallet to a smaller one. Usually 3 bags per tier and 11-12 stacks high. Management was always around making sure safety guidelines were followed. We usually worked in 5 man teams, 4 people doing the lifting and one driving the forklift. The hardest part of the job was keeping trainees motivated enough to want to do the work. We went through so many people it was hard to keep them trained and vigilant. I enjoyed the mental challenge, and I never stopped learning. It kept my attention from the first day until my last.
Great benefits with good management
Petroleum Hazardous Materials Truck Driver (Former Employee), Minot, NDSeptember 2, 2014
Company has a culture of caring for it's employees and providing excellent benefits.
Independent assignment to create a dynamic Excel spreadsheet for domestic property tax accruals
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNAugust 7, 2014
Pros: expanding tax knowledge with property tax exposure and improving excel skills.
Cons: length of time spent researching excel features to accomplish calculation goals.
I arrived each morning before 8 am to prepare for the day. At the beginning of the assignment, I conferred with the tax department on what the information described and the calculations produced on each of the 76 property tax forms. Then, with the appropriate understanding and knowledge gained, I created a complex and dynamic excel spreadsheet for each location that would calculate a monthly property tax accrual to enter in the company's accounting system. Therefore, if you wanted to determine the property tax accrual as of July, you just select the month of July in the calendar drop-down list and the spreadsheet would display the automatic calculations for each location according to that month. I really appreciated the help I received from the employees in the Tax Department and feel the hardest part of the job was learning the Excel features needed to make the data calculate according the tax forms and produce each monthly property tax accrual correctly. Thus, the most enjoyable aspect of the assignment was being able to learn, improve, and use my Excel skills to create a complex yet dynamic spreadsheet to be easily used when simply selecting any month from a drop-down menu.
One of MN's most succesful companies!
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: excellent company, benefits package, challenging career
Cons: work life balance
CHS is an amazing Fortune 100 company! I managed the loaded truck logistics, tracking and tracing movement of Crop Nutrient products across the United States. Very challenging position that required a "can do will do" attitude. The management team was very supportive and I was granted a lot of freedom to implement cost effective programs.
Lawson HR and Payroll Support
Senior Application Developer (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNFebruary 13, 2014
SQL skills were increased here. I had fun learning Trailblazer scripting for FTP file transmission. Managed quarterly Lawson patching. Truly enjoyed attending Midwest Lawson User Group meetings.
Below average work Place
Terminal Opertor (Former Employee), 50 chester Drive St.Paul MNFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: slow times, relax alittle, back to 40 hr work weeks
Cons: no breaks, very very busy twice a year. no raises. bad mangement to employees
I worked At CHS For almost 2 years, Unsafe, Envoriment, Breathing urea,And Other Fertilzers dust in, In Basement pits Shoveling sometimes with Just Given A little dust Mask, Hard to Breath, Had To Shovel In Hard to Breathe Places, Had To Work 17 to 20 hour Days without even A break Days on end. And ur Just a seaonal part time employee without benefits. making 13-14 per hr. I started to get chest Pains And got a hurnia, and they didnt even wanna talk about it, said after busy season, go get it checked out... Got Laid Off, Cause They didnt wat to hear me complain about this terminal... Thats Messed Up..
Bad communication
IT (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: long hours, everyone is stressed out and putting more effort into watching their back then anything else.
Communication between and within departments is very bad. Pay differs a lot between departments. Management does not advertise other jobs within CHS. Watch your back, anything goes wrong and they need to pick someone to blame.
good company with good benifits for workers, Worked with some great people
District Manager (Former Employee), IADecember 4, 2013
Pros: lots of great benifits
Cons: political company inside the main office, to many people wanting their own growth before the company
Good company to work for with a good balance of work and family time, this company had good benefits that fit my life style well.
Good Place To Work Overall
Plant Manager (Current Employee), MnNovember 10, 2013
In general people are good to work with. The company has a range of education levels and personnel from diversified back grounds. The company does have some work to do in the area of re-location and the rate or amount their internal employees circulate between internal divisions.
slow n non professional
Laborer (Former Employee), Myrtle Grove, LAAugust 9, 2013
this was one of the worst jobs ive had the staff was very unprofessional and the management was very unprofessional
Headquarters