Chrysler Group LLC

Chrysler Group LLC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Production Operator (Current Employee), Trenton, MIJune 22, 2014
The Typical day last for ten through twelve hours. I think most people that come in here learn how to work well in a fast paced environment with a team. Management is great, and the team members are friendly.
Very beneficial
Production Operator (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJuly 27, 2014
Pros: nice people, lots of hours
Cons: short breaks and its very hot
It was an awesome place to work.You get to meet and work with a very diverse group of people. There's so much room for growth and and many opportunities to help you with your day to day life.
Hard work but very rewarding
Assembler (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2014
Instrumental panels (“IP”) load and secure; Trainer for IP load and secure
Business Unit Leater
Business Unit Leader (Current Employee), Chrysler LLCJuly 11, 2014
Pros: short term employment
Cons: too many to list.
What a joke of an excuse of a company. Management treats the union members with kit gloves and the upper management treats the subordinates rough (Business Unit Leaders) get ready to run like a rickshaw driver because due to the buyouts they are very under staffed and created a (ganged position) that use to be broken up with 3 to 4 people Hence the – more... “Business Unit Leader”. Be ware !!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest that you turn around and run the other way as fast as you can. Chrysler doesn't pay any more than a Tier 1. That being said, you would be much better off working for a much less intense employer for more or perhaps the same compensation with less or no management in fighting.

Case and point this position is one of the worse in the company and if you wondering how horrible it is research how often Chrysler is looking for Business Unit Leaders. That’s the proof ;)

They will tell you it not for everybody, that’s CODE for it’s not for anybody. In addition Chrysler is still in bankruptcy as so far as paying back the loan, it was a refinance through a lender for a lower rate.

Good luck with this one. – less
Lots of travel
Corporate Quality Audit Engineer (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJune 20, 2014
Pros: paid travel
Cons: never settle
Travel to plants every week.
Lack of overall quality.
Management worked together to not worry about bad product.
The culture is not conducive to a hard working individual that is accountable, honest and ambitious.
Supervisor (Former Employee), BelvidereJune 17, 2014
Pros: discounts if you like poor quality vehicles with bad gas mileage.
Cons: no work life balance, no appreciation for hard work and commitment.
Hard work is rewarded with more work and more responsibilities while co-workers that are not qualified get away with skating by, making as much as you do, if not more. Despite their claims, there is no equal employment. Upper management is shifty and back stabbing. Human resource department is rude and worthless in helping you deal with the environment.
Active and different each day
Endurance Test Driver (Former Employee), Chelsea, MIMay 9, 2014
Pros: the driving
Cons: job stability
Assigned a different vehicle to test and evaluate each day. Learned more focus and attention to details. Co-workers were good to work with and helpful. The temporary status was difficult because you could be called off up to a few hours before your shift. Being able to drive pre production and prototype vehicles.
Fast pace working and could be consider as a workout
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Toledo, OhioApril 15, 2014
Pros: discounts on vehicles
Cons: having to put up with some men that thought women should be home taking care of kids.
Fast pace job,you learn lots of things quickly and get to see new models before most customers. I made a lot of life long friends working there. The hardest part of the job, I would have to say would be the heavy lifting of some of the parts.
Very rewarding place to work-great engineering atmosphere
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 29, 2014
Pros: was able to gain & maintain pride in my work ethic
Cons: once chrysler was bought out, many negative changes took place, to the point where many people left the company
Chrysler was a very supportive work place. Everyone had to be responsible for their duties which pleased most of us. Managers and co-workers were very supportive of each other, which helped in this very fast paced career.
great company
Vehicle Cost Engineer (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMarch 27, 2014
many great people and opportunities here.

salary and benefits are excellent.

expect overtime work
Relaxed and enjoyable
Electrical Design Release Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 25, 2014
Great coworkers and culture. Fast paced and enriching work.
Long Hours no Praise
Unit Leader (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: no work/home balance
The pay is good, the hours are long and stressful, the Union has way more say so then Management. The workforce is young and careless. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the various attitudes and motivating the team members.
Excellent Work-Life Balance
Project Chief (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 5, 2014
New work culture with perfect work-life balance
Delivering World Class Products
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 31, 2014
Blooming with activity. Lots of new innovative projects. Challenging targets.
Good opportunities for moving around in the company to gain experience
Fuel Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, management, co-workers
Cons: more program management than real engineering work
I am a Fuel Systems Product Engineer. My job entails coordinating the design of parts from proposed CAD data to suppliers, testing the resulting parts and validating their performance, altering the design of the parts where needed to meet performance and safety specifications, and coordinating between the suppliers and the vehicle assembly plants the – more... assembly of the parts into full vehicles.

I've gained insight into program management and supply control, though my current job has little to do with engineering design. The management and co-workers are competent, knowledgeable, and encourage working together in a team to accomplish tasks.

From my position there is ample opportunity for excellence and advancement, and as Chrysler is a large company there are multiple departments to move around to if I tire of my current responsibilities. – less
A good place if you can work direct
KBE Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2014
nothing special, nothing bad.
just like any other OEM.
Expect no rewards for extra work.
Work environment is ok
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 14, 2014
Managing SCCM environment
Manging Group Policy
Manage/deploy security patches.
A very fast paced environment
Model Controller - Ram Light Duty Truck (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIDecember 27, 2013
Fast paced, always evolving, with new expectations. One has to be flexible and committed to getting a job done
Productive Good people
ASSEMBLER/DOOR-FITTER/TRAINER/REPAIRMAN (Former Employee), Delaware/IllinoisDecember 10, 2013
The hours were kind of hard to get usew to but other than that I loved the job.
Great people and great company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILDecember 9, 2013
Pros: the benefits package was awesome.
Cons: none that i can think of
I learned to operate a forklift in a safe and correct way. I was responsible for unloading and distributing glass to the proper place withing the plant. The managers I was in contact with on a daily basis were great people, very friendly and courteous. There really wasn't a hard part of my job. I thoroughly enjoyed my job each and every day. The people – more... I worked with were wonderful, respectful and great to be around. – less

1 2 3