Chrysler Group LLC

Chrysler Group LLC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great company
Vehicle Cost Engineer (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMarch 27, 2014
many great people and opportunities here.

salary and benefits are excellent.

expect overtime work
Relaxed and enjoyable
Electrical Design Release Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 25, 2014
Great coworkers and culture. Fast paced and enriching work.
Long Hours no Praise
Unit Leader (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: no work/home balance
The pay is good, the hours are long and stressful, the Union has way more say so then Management. The workforce is young and careless. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the various attitudes and motivating the team members.
Excellent Work-Life Balance
Project Chief (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 5, 2014
New work culture with perfect work-life balance
Delivering World Class Products
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 31, 2014
Blooming with activity. Lots of new innovative projects. Challenging targets.
Good opportunities for moving around in the company to gain experience
Fuel Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, management, co-workers
Cons: more program management than real engineering work
I am a Fuel Systems Product Engineer. My job entails coordinating the design of parts from proposed CAD data to suppliers, testing the resulting parts and validating their performance, altering the design of the parts where needed to meet performance and safety specifications, and coordinating between the suppliers and the vehicle assembly plants the – more... assembly of the parts into full vehicles.

I've gained insight into program management and supply control, though my current job has little to do with engineering design. The management and co-workers are competent, knowledgeable, and encourage working together in a team to accomplish tasks.

From my position there is ample opportunity for excellence and advancement, and as Chrysler is a large company there are multiple departments to move around to if I tire of my current responsibilities. – less
A good place if you can work direct
KBE Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2014
nothing special, nothing bad.
just like any other OEM.
Expect no rewards for extra work.
Work environment is ok
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 14, 2014
Managing SCCM environment
Manging Group Policy
Manage/deploy security patches.
A very fast paced environment
Model Controller - Ram Light Duty Truck (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIDecember 27, 2013
Fast paced, always evolving, with new expectations. One has to be flexible and committed to getting a job done
Productive Good people
ASSEMBLER/DOOR-FITTER/TRAINER/REPAIRMAN (Former Employee), Delaware/IllinoisDecember 10, 2013
The hours were kind of hard to get usew to but other than that I loved the job.
Great people and great company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILDecember 9, 2013
Pros: the benefits package was awesome.
Cons: none that i can think of
I learned to operate a forklift in a safe and correct way. I was responsible for unloading and distributing glass to the proper place withing the plant. The managers I was in contact with on a daily basis were great people, very friendly and courteous. There really wasn't a hard part of my job. I thoroughly enjoyed my job each and every day. The people – more... I worked with were wonderful, respectful and great to be around. – less
Challenging and fast pace engineering work.
Aerothermal Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MINovember 18, 2013
Pros: freedom, challenges, and all the prototype cars available to drive.
A typical day at work involves root causing various issues from feedback vehicles, implementing the engineering changes and understanding the change processes. Often, travel is necessary to the assembly plants and suppliers.
I've learned so much, especially how a product starts from concept and ends up at the dealership.
I've been fortunate to get much – more... management experience, my position requires that I take responsibility of a product (Jeep Cherokee), and manage the suppliers for my parts.
The most difficult part of the job is also the most fun, having to deal with a problem and am given no guidance on how to solve it. It really has improved my ability to get answers and provide solutions.
The most enjoyable part of the job is how much freedom I have at work. I am able to be creative and create my own methods to finishing my responsibilities. – less
Typical Corporate Culture
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIOctober 31, 2013
Pros: good first job
Cons: bad management
Typical corporate culture and lifestyle. If you do not make cars in this business then you fall to the bottom of the priority list for promotions and benefits, therefore, this makes it difficult to advance as management seems to be more concerned about their own self-advancement instead.

Overall a good place to work and learn, just difficult for any – more... sort of growth. – less
Great Communications Internship
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIOctober 1, 2013
Pros: great work environment, fun, challenging projects
If you're a Corporate Communications intern be prepared to work hard and learn a lot! If you get to the point of having the position you will probably have previous internships and other great experiences. However, this experience will challenge you and force you to become a stronger professional, PR pro and writer. I loved it.
No Work/Life Balance
Low Level Professional at Headquarters (Former Employee), Auburn HillsAugust 28, 2013
Pros: pay is high
Cons: everything else....long hours, environment, people, expectations.
Pay is very good, but management expects that your job is your life. Working hours are extremely long and you are always expected to be available. Very difficult to have a personal life/family and be successful at Chrysler. Work environment is stressful, negative...many overworked people.
Executive Referrals Manager (Customer Care) (Former Employee), CTCAugust 28, 2013
Chrysler Group is a good starting place for new-hire hopefuls that are interested in developing a strong base for district or territory management. I thoroughly enjoyed the people that I worked with and embraced the challenge of working in many markets and the overall dedication to customer retention.
Exciting place to work, good environment
Electrical Systems Validation Engineer (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 27, 2013
Pros: management (vehicle validation group)
Cons: pay (contract)
Contract through Smart Resource / BrightWing.

Low salary and very expensive insurance ($180 per week). But this was likely due to supply and demand. I was happy to take this interesting job after my layoff.
Has no interest in your future
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland OhioAugust 3, 2013
Cons: pay, management, no job security.
They ( HR) was rude and could care less about having a career or a future. Not even remotely interested in what you have accomplished at previous jobs. Well qualified individuals are disposed of.
Compensation and benefits are very good.
Impact Lab Technician (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 25, 2013
Job security, compensation and benefits have been very good for me. However, those being employed now are 2 tier workers and do not receive the same compensation and this results in an imbalance of pay and benefits for the same job.
Great Job to learn new skills at
Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee), Warren, MIJuly 15, 2013
I learned alot of new skills at this job. Different things like how to properly inspect a vehicle, Riding in convoys, Learning how to lead a group of drivers.