The Test Engineer will set up and conduct the steering system, components performance measurements & durability tests; understand testing sample working behavior, assess their performance, durability life & supply technical reports; interface with design, release engineers & other lab team members for overall process consensus & products continuous improvement and work with technicians for tests set up & equipment maintenance. Responsibilities will include: managing testing sample logistics; setting up tests, design fixture & supervising fabrication; developing drive file or block testing programs; programing the testing machine; conducting tests, analyzing data & generating reports; developing measurement loops to identify issues; and maintaining testing equipment.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in testing
- Knowledge of Vector Calculus, Kinematics, Forces & Torque forces, Static and Dynamic Calculus
- Understanding of Design, GD&T, Machining, and Strength of materials
- Well rounded automotive knowledge
- Experience working with instrumentation, transducers, different type of transducers, their calibration and maintenance
- Calibration and maintenance of Transducers & measurement loops
- Data Acquisition and instrumentation
- Data processing of data acquired with transducers, accelerometers, strain gauges, LVD, RVIT, pressure sensors, & inclinometers
- Proficiency in Excel and Visual basic programming, Motion control, PLC, LabView programming, FlexTest and AutoCAD
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Master's degree in related field
Please apply on-line at:
if you are interested.
Chrysler hopes its crisis remains in its rearview mirror. After engineering an automotive resurrection by choosing a back-to-basics...