The Environment Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of standardized EHS programs to ensure compliance with corporate EHS requirements and policies as well as federal, provincial, and local regulations. The successful candidate will impact corporate savings, production efficiency, environmental performance and the safe guarding of all employees through: the elimination of occupational injuries/illnesses; property damage; pollution prevention; waste elimination; energy conservation; water conservation; and assessment of chemical usage. Responsibilities will include the implementation of ISO 14001, OHSAS 18000, and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) systems for lean production processes. The Environment Specialist will implement environmental, health and safety processes and specifications in all operations, materials and equipment within the plant, as well as provide necessary employee training and assist with all facets of the WCM process including meetings, audits, presentations, Kaizen’s and training.
- The successful candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of environmental requirements in a manufacturing environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering field (civil, environmental, chemical, mechanical) or environmental sciences
- Good understanding and ability to interpret and apply Ministry of Environment (MOE); Environment Canada (EC); Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulatory requirements
- Direct involvement in environmental and operational negotiations regarding air compliance/permitting activities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work any shift and additional hours as required
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments and compliance activities
- Work effectively as a team member in a team environment to communicate the message of EHS and EHS metrics
- Professional Engineering License in the province of Ontario; Certified Environmental Professional
Please apply on-line at:
if you are interested.
Indeed - 4 months ago
Chrysler Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chrysler Group LLC, one of the world's leading automotive companies. Chrysler Group LLC, for...