Chrysalis

Chrysalis Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great concept of what the job is fun.
Team Member (Current Employee), edmonton albertaNovember 4, 2013
Pros: making your own scheduale.
Cons: the constant changing sheduale.
A typical day here changes day to day. One day you could be in the office doing paper work and office work. Another day you are out in the field visiting and checking in on your clients and how they are doing in there place of employment or volunteer placement. Another day you could just be out in the community meeting with companies marketing for your clients and helping them find a job. The next day I could be running a training site at a wear house helping clients learn the responsibility of holding a job and to learn different skills in a wear house setting. Doing laundry, washing trucks, weighing and packaging product for that company. Each day is different and your current day could change on the spot on what you are doing depending if staff is away or not. Time management is a huge part of the job making sure paper work and proper documents are up to date. It was a team setting always helping each other out. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you were successful with finding your client a job that they truly wanted and watching them become succeed. I learned how to market for other people. I learned more about team work. Most of how to handle reject and how to help my clients handle and deal with rejection from companies who were willing to open there door to someone with a disability.
productive
Personal Support Worker (Placement) (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 8, 2013
i had a good experience working with people who have had brain surgery. You need to be very understanding and patient to work with them. my co workers were very patient with me, i have to be patient to work with them. Being able to understand their talking was the heardest part.
Peaceful place to work
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2012
After working there for more than 4 years, I have learned a lot about the company and the ways we conduct business. I enjoy the relationships I have developed with the management and co-workers including our clients who were disabled and witnessed how they grow into a better person. My job gave me the opportunity to develop my leadership skills by placing me in charge in most aspects of the Accounting department and supervising co-workers whom we trained to do the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. I believe it is time for me to move to a more progressive organization with more opportunities and challenges that can offer me continued professional growth.
Compassionate about the individuals they support
Disabilities Practitioner (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 11, 2012
Pros: accessing employment for individuals
Cons: employees not liking management decisions
A typical day at work would be in the relaxation room with clients after a long day out in the community with clients (snoozlen).
What I learned was that when clients come in from a long ride on the handi-bus, they enjoy their relaxation before their work day begins.
Management always wiling to sit down and listen, always made sure the staff had all requirements to ensure success in their job. Co-workers were knowledgeable and and caring. The hardest part of the job was working with behavioural individuals and very little advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the faces of the individuals when they were in music class happy and having fun.
Unpredictable environments with unpredictable people that can sometimes be strangely rewarding.
Direct Support Provider (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: watching movies, playing games
Cons: very poor pay, high level of responsibility
Chrysalis expects a lot out of its employees, and pays them very little. I worked there for 2 years, got bit in the face, successfully used the trained restraining techniques, spent over a month working 60-80 hour weeks, never made a medical or paperwork error, helped train a new manager and acted as manager during a transitional period, and never received a raise. The management is by far the hardest part of the job. And the totally inflexible hours. All that aside, however, this is either the best or worst job depending on the individuals you serve. Some individuals are fun and nice, and love chilling out and watching movies. Some individuals require more attention than infants, and constantly nag and even threaten physical harm upon you. Sometimes clients escape and run down the street, and suddenly a hundred safety concerns are placed upon your shoulders. But it's nothing $8/hr can't fix (sarcasm). Typically those things don't happen, but once you've worked a couple years you will have seen it all.
Direct Care Staff
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Provo, UtahJanuary 25, 2015
Assisted clients with everyday activities
Cooking, Cleaning, Laundry
great work place
House manager (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 21, 2015
Loved working with my clients and being able to help them learn and grow.
Great company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: scheduling for students
Cons: working holidays
Working here enabled me to get through college. My schedule was easy to rearrange according to my classes each semester.
I have been able to develop my management skills and overall professionalism.
I would recommend anyone to work for Chrysalis.
Laid back enviornment helping individuals in everyday life situations
Direct support staff (Current Employee), las vegas, nvDecember 28, 2014
Pros: helping individuals learn skills, free movies weekly, weekends off
Cons: salary, benefits
Help mentally challenged men learn day to day skills such as but not limited to cooking, cleaning, self medicating, personal hygiene, and performing in society.
The hardest part of the job is growing close to the guys and them being transferred to different areas and companies.
The most enjoyable part is teaching the guys skills and seeing them put it into daily routine.
This place opened my heart.
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2014
I worked with adults with special needs and really cared for my clients. Their day to day concerns became my day to day concerns. I learned to listen more and to have compassion for people in a way I felt I already had.
Easy and fun work environment
carevgiver (Current Employee), Provo, UTNovember 8, 2014
Pros: easy, friendly clients, etc.
Cons: not the best pay, sometimes boring.
Chrysalis is a fun environment to work in if you can handle taking care of individuals with disabilities.
Caregiver is the best
Caregiver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2014
I love to be a blessing. Being helpful is great in this world. I've learned how to take care of patients so when I have my own child is will be more comfortable. It made me a better man.
Supportive environment, great training structure but very low pay
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Carson City, NVOctober 27, 2014
Chrysalis was an incredible environment to work in. My manager was amazing as were the majority of my coworkers. We were usually very understaffed though and a lot of shifts needed to be covered. There was the perfect amount of training before and in the work environment and always room to improve.

My only complaint would be the pay. The amount of work that was done in the home I worked in, in Carson City, Nevada was worth a lot more than the starting rate of $8.50 an hour.

Other than that I would do this job again in a heartbeat. The only reason I left the company was to relocate to Portland, OR.
nice employees, horrible clients,terrible management
Home Care (Current Employee), Provo, UTOctober 21, 2014
Pros: home work time, lost of hours avalible
Cons: violence, low pay
this is a nice place to work for a while if you are going to school, otherwise steer clear the pay is low the benefits are a joke, and the people served by the company are violent and unpredictable, it has actually sapped my compassion out of me.
Management sucks.
Residential Staff (Former Employee), Ogden, UTOctober 19, 2014
Pros: making a difference...but only if management lets you.
Cons: low pay. no benefits. management couldn't care less about you.
This has to be one of the worst places I have ever worked. The management is an absolute joke. They beg you to apply for management positions even though they already have someone in mind for the job. Sometimes they don't even post the openings; they just give it to whoever they want to. We never have enough staff which is understandable considering the $8/hr that they pay. But if you suck up enough to management, you'll get a Chrysalis Buck that you can spend at a company auction that will most likely occur when you're taking a final. No one cares.

And you'll probably get hurt. Have fun!
Fun
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: n.a
This was my first job out of high school. At the time is was very rewarding for me to just be able to gain experience in a new field of work. During this time I assisted customers with greets and answered any questions needed. I also was a cashier and gained cash handling experience
Unorganized, poor mangement
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Park City UtahjSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: client interaction
Cons: poor mangement
There is hardly ever a manager in the home. Those of us who have been there longer then the new staff have been asked to apply for the manager position and have been denied.

They say one thing and do another. I now have a clear sense of their false advertisement when it comes to working for them.
I love working here.
Direct Support Staff/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Ogden, UTSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: relax time
Cons: outburts from clients
I love working here. if you get along with your manager its 100 times better. i love my clients and my co workers.
Productive workplace
Counsellor / case manager /clinical (Current Employee), Geraldton, WASeptember 17, 2014
Challenging work but enjoyable
I have learnt much about drug & alcohol, personality disorders.
Enjoy working with mental health, they refer to me as I do to them.
I enjoy working with clients with disabilities and connected very well.
We have an encouraging CEO
Staff all support each other.
Safety is important because we do crime related incidents, which include working with the justice system, which I enjoy.
Rewarding place to work
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Riverdale, UTSeptember 3, 2014
Helping clients on a daily basis is a very difficult, but rewarding job. Patience is definitely required to work in this type of environment.

1 2 3 4