Chrysalis Employee Reviews

Community disability service practitioner
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
Not enough staff support, staff tend to be over worked,
Clients are wonderful and were eager to try new skills. Supporting clients in their community volunteer sites.
Pros
over worked staff, not enough support
Able to enjoy all aspects of the individuals lives and interested
Community Disability Service Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
A typical day at work would be to greet the individuals as they came in in the morning and put away there personal belongings in a cubby.
We were assigned groups if we were to stay on the floor and we would do crafts, go to computer room, music therapy, or art room.
We would assist those who needed with their lunch and if they were going out for the afternoon, get them ready for the DATS.
Certain days were assigned PC, and helped the individuals who needed with bathroom duties.
Some days we were assigned sites, e.g., swimming, dances, volunteer work.
Co-workers worked as a team to ensure excellent quality of life for our individuals, not one person worked more or less than the other, I enjoyed working with all the co-workers I worked with.
Hardert part of the job was when we found out that an individual was leaving the program or had passed away.
Most enjoyable part of the day was listening to stories and laughing with individuals and co-workers
One of the best companies
Community Disabilities Services Provider (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2015
One of the best companies I have worked for in my career, opportunities of advancement are few and far in between as people don't generally quit this company. They are very supportive of the individuals that work there in their roles and they were sad to hear that I was moving.
Allowing clients to assist and volunteer in their community
Case Manager, Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta3 May 2014
I enjoyed working with non verbal individuals and severe disabilities.
Pros
community involvement
Cons
working one one in community while doing personal care
Great concept of what the job is fun.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  edmonton alberta4 November 2013
A typical day here changes day to day. One day you could be in the office doing paper work and office work. Another day you are out in the field visiting and checking in on your clients and how they are doing in there place of employment or volunteer placement. Another day you could just be out in the community meeting with companies marketing for your clients and helping them find a job. The next day I could be running a training site at a wear house helping clients learn the responsibility of holding a job and to learn different skills in a wear house setting. Doing laundry, washing trucks, weighing and packaging product for that company. Each day is different and your current day could change on the spot on what you are doing depending if staff is away or not. Time management is a huge part of the job making sure paper work and proper documents are up to date. It was a team setting always helping each other out. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you were successful with finding your client a job that they truly wanted and watching them become succeed. I learned how to market for other people. I learned more about team work. Most of how to handle reject and how to help my clients handle and deal with rejection from companies who were willing to open there door to someone with a disability.
Pros
making your own scheduale.
Cons
the constant changing sheduale.
productive
Personal Support Worker (Placement) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 August 2013
i had a good experience working with people who have had brain surgery. You need to be very understanding and patient to work with them. my co workers were very patient with me, i have to be patient to work with them. Being able to understand their talking was the heardest part.
Peaceful place to work
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2012
After working there for more than 4 years, I have learned a lot about the company and the ways we conduct business. I enjoy the relationships I have developed with the management and co-workers including our clients who were disabled and witnessed how they grow into a better person. My job gave me the opportunity to develop my leadership skills by placing me in charge in most aspects of the Accounting department and supervising co-workers whom we trained to do the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. I believe it is time for me to move to a more progressive organization with more opportunities and challenges that can offer me continued professional growth.