Chrysalis

Chrysalis Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great concept of what the job is fun.
Team Member (Current Employee), edmonton albertaNovember 4, 2013
Pros: making your own scheduale.
Cons: the constant changing sheduale.
A typical day here changes day to day. One day you could be in the office doing paper work and office work. Another day you are out in the field visiting and checking in on your clients and how they are doing in there place of employment or volunteer placement. Another day you could just be out in the community meeting with companies marketing for your – more... clients and helping them find a job. The next day I could be running a training site at a wear house helping clients learn the responsibility of holding a job and to learn different skills in a wear house setting. Doing laundry, washing trucks, weighing and packaging product for that company. Each day is different and your current day could change on the spot on what you are doing depending if staff is away or not. Time management is a huge part of the job making sure paper work and proper documents are up to date. It was a team setting always helping each other out. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you were successful with finding your client a job that they truly wanted and watching them become succeed. I learned how to market for other people. I learned more about team work. Most of how to handle reject and how to help my clients handle and deal with rejection from companies who were willing to open there door to someone with a disability. – less
productive
Personal Support Worker (Placement) (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 8, 2013
i had a good experience working with people who have had brain surgery. You need to be very understanding and patient to work with them. my co workers were very patient with me, i have to be patient to work with them. Being able to understand their talking was the heardest part.
Peaceful place to work
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2012
After working there for more than 4 years, I have learned a lot about the company and the ways we conduct business. I enjoy the relationships I have developed with the management and co-workers including our clients who were disabled and witnessed how they grow into a better person. My job gave me the opportunity to develop my leadership skills by placing – more... me in charge in most aspects of the Accounting department and supervising co-workers whom we trained to do the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. I believe it is time for me to move to a more progressive organization with more opportunities and challenges that can offer me continued professional growth. – less
Compassionate about the individuals they support
Disabilities Practitioner (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 11, 2012
Pros: accessing employment for individuals
Cons: employees not liking management decisions
A typical day at work would be in the relaxation room with clients after a long day out in the community with clients (snoozlen).
What I learned was that when clients come in from a long ride on the handi-bus, they enjoy their relaxation before their work day begins.
Management always wiling to sit down and listen, always made sure the staff had all – more... requirements to ensure success in their job. Co-workers were knowledgeable and and caring. The hardest part of the job was working with behavioural individuals and very little advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the faces of the individuals when they were in music class happy and having fun. – less
Easy and fun work environment
carevgiver (Current Employee), Provo, UTNovember 8, 2014
Pros: easy, friendly clients, etc.
Cons: not the best pay, sometimes boring.
Chrysalis is a fun environment to work in if you can handle taking care of individuals with disabilities.
Caregiver is the best
Caregiver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2014
I love to be a blessing. Being helpful is great in this world. I've learned how to take care of patients so when I have my own child is will be more comfortable. It made me a better man.
Supportive environment, great training structure but very low pay
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Carson City, NVOctober 27, 2014
Chrysalis was an incredible environment to work in. My manager was amazing as were the majority of my coworkers. We were usually very understaffed though and a lot of shifts needed to be covered. There was the perfect amount of training before and in the work environment and always room to improve.

My only complaint would be the pay. The amount of – more... work that was done in the home I worked in, in Carson City, Nevada was worth a lot more than the starting rate of $8.50 an hour.

Other than that I would do this job again in a heartbeat. The only reason I left the company was to relocate to Portland, OR. – less
nice employees, horrible clients,terrible management
Home Care (Current Employee), Provo, UTOctober 21, 2014
Pros: home work time, lost of hours avalible
Cons: violence, low pay
this is a nice place to work for a while if you are going to school, otherwise steer clear the pay is low the benefits are a joke, and the people served by the company are violent and unpredictable, it has actually sapped my compassion out of me.
Management sucks.
Residential Staff (Former Employee), Ogden, UTOctober 19, 2014
Pros: making a difference...but only if management lets you.
Cons: low pay. no benefits. management couldn't care less about you.
This has to be one of the worst places I have ever worked. The management is an absolute joke. They beg you to apply for management positions even though they already have someone in mind for the job. Sometimes they don't even post the openings; they just give it to whoever they want to. We never have enough staff which is understandable considering – more... the $8/hr that they pay. But if you suck up enough to management, you'll get a Chrysalis Buck that you can spend at a company auction that will most likely occur when you're taking a final. No one cares.

And you'll probably get hurt. Have fun! – less
Fun
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: n.a
This was my first job out of high school. At the time is was very rewarding for me to just be able to gain experience in a new field of work. During this time I assisted customers with greets and answered any questions needed. I also was a cashier and gained cash handling experience
Unorganized, poor mangement
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Park City UtahjSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: client interaction
Cons: poor mangement
There is hardly ever a manager in the home. Those of us who have been there longer then the new staff have been asked to apply for the manager position and have been denied.

They say one thing and do another. I now have a clear sense of their false advertisement when it comes to working for them.
I love working here.
Direct Support Staff/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Ogden, UTSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: relax time
Cons: outburts from clients
I love working here. if you get along with your manager its 100 times better. i love my clients and my co workers.
Productive workplace
Counsellor / case manager /clinical (Current Employee), Geraldton, WASeptember 17, 2014
Challenging work but enjoyable
I have learnt much about drug & alcohol, personality disorders.
Enjoy working with mental health, they refer to me as I do to them.
I enjoy working with clients with disabilities and connected very well.
We have an encouraging CEO
Staff all support each other.
Safety is important because we do crime related incidents, – more... which include working with the justice system, which I enjoy. – less
Rewarding place to work
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Riverdale, UTSeptember 3, 2014
Helping clients on a daily basis is a very difficult, but rewarding job. Patience is definitely required to work in this type of environment.
It is alright place to work
Care Giver (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: clients you work with
Cons: don't pay enough, deal with a lot of clients that are mean, the management is not good, and there is no way to advancement unless your a favorite.
This place is good place to work if you love to assist people with becoming independent.
Stressful but can be rewarding.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTAugust 3, 2014
Pros: fun to go on outings with the clients.
Cons: sucks if you're the one the clients are mad at.
This can be a fun job at times. But it can also be very stressful. It's great when your clients are well behaved. But it can become a nightmare when they get upset. Pays to keep a cool head.
Overall good company they had some issues of having enough people to work for them but the benefits of this job made it better
DSP/Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTJuly 5, 2014
Pros: the fun events that i attended with the clients
Cons: the behaviors of the clients
I would have to say that they have the resources available for training and the skills to to train people very well but sometimes certain locations have certain set of skills that aren't taught in training that have to learned at the location of each house. At Chrysalis they sometimes seem desperate which makes it hard to know what their real desires – more... are or exceptions are. They treated their employees very well and made their clients their number one priority. I learned a lot of about how to work hard to keep up with 3 special means adults, 5 employees, directors, parents, doctors, support staff, coordinators, and behaviorist. Co- workers were often one of the good reasons to go to work and have a desire to stay when times were hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I could make a difference in these 3 clients lives and see how they changed while I was in charge of their care. – less
Challenging and stimulating environment to work
Massage Therapist, Owner/Operator (Current Employee), Chesterton, INJune 11, 2014
Pros: able to set my own hours.
Cons: sometimes not having the time to schedule an appointment for every client that called.
Managing my own business was a daily adventure. No two days were ever the same. It was always a pleasure and privilege to administer to every client I had the opportunity to work with. The hardest part of the job would sometimes maintain a balance between work and play but all the time spent working with clients always made my time in the office enjoyable – more... and satisfying. – less
Productive working with each individual.
Support Staff (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTJune 4, 2014
Every day was different from previous, each client is cool, loved working with each co-working, the most enjoyable day is that you get to go outside and enjoy each day that goes by, do not have to do the same job every day.
Very Unprofessional
Direct Support (Former Employee), Provo, UTJune 3, 2014
I would not tell my friends to work there. The company itself was set out to do great things. BUT the management and HR were not good. They did not seem to care about their employees or their individuals at all.

1 2 3 4