Sole practitioner looking for a full-time Litigation Legal Assistant.
Great office location on the Bow River minutes from downtown and easy access to Crowchild Trail, Shaganappi Trail, 16th Avenue and Deerfoot Trail.
The successful candidate will have completed a Legal Administration course and have
previous legal experience. We are looking for a bright, hardworking, trustworthy person to become a valuable part of our firm.
- Completion of a college-level Legal Assistant, Paralegal or related course
- Relevant office experience
- High level of organization and the ability to effectively manage time sensitive matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook and Excel
- Proficiency in EsiLaw or PC Law
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Client service orientation
- Professional demeanor, sound telephone skills
Details of the position's duties are as follows:
- RECEPTION DUTIES:
- Handle reception/administrative duties – phone calls, copying, faxes, greeting clients and visitors as necessary
- Preparing correspondence and attachments for mail and courier
- CLIENT SERVICES
- Communications with clients, registries and other law firms on an ongoing basis with regard to client file matters
- Providing administrative and advocacy support to the lawyers and staff within our office
- Data entry (file-related information, client and opposing counsel contact information) on firm's database
- Document preparation as required
- Drafting correspondence
- Managing calendar, arranging and confirming appointments
Please send resume and cover letter by fax to 403-685-4224