The Web Developer joins the existing IT team to initiate, implement and maintain the websites for C&C’s primary client, the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS), a not-for-profit community organization co-founded by Microsoft and CA Technologies to focus on creating learning and networking opportunities for database administration and business intelligence professionals.
Working closely with the IT Team Lead, the position participates in PASS web development with the main focus on developing C#/.NET web applications.
Web Development & Infrastructure
- Function as the lead developer to revamp existing .NET website (www.SQLSaturday.com)
- Work with IT, Marketing and Community teams to develop and support SQLSaturday website
- Serve as secondary developer for DNN-based websites (i.e. www.sqlpass.org)
- Develop and support other PASS owned websites and applications independently or as part of a team
- Suggest and implement improvements on PASS owned websites
- Serve as the escalation point of contact to the Systems Administrator to provide site administration including the following, but not limited to:
- Content management & enhancements
- User administrations
- Content & code maintenance
- Plan, organize and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives using AtTask project management system or any other tool designated by IT Team Lead
Required Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this position must possess:
- 3-5 years of experience in developing and testing code for reports and other enhancements to systems using the following technologies: ASP.NET, C#, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, HTML, jQuery, Backbone.js, WebAPI
- 2-3 years of experience in the following systems: Windows 2008/2012, SQL Server 2008/2012, IIS, Windows Azure (Amazon EC2 experience will be considered as well)
- Experience in gathering and documenting requirements and functional specifications from project stakeholders for the enhancements of web based systems and reports
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving, risk and compliance analysis, and decision making capabilities
- Experience in dealing with multiple teams representing various areas in delivering the project
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- A team player with a track record for meeting strict deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with DotNetNuke (DNN) is not required but an aptitude to learn is essential
- Experience with SharePoint such as implementation, customization policy, branding and training is a plus
Compensation & Benefit
- Competitive starting salary: $65,000 - $75,000 DOE
- 3 week vacation
- Medical/vision/dental benefit
- Great office location - in the heart of Vancouver Downtown/Gastown
Christianson & Company would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Specializing in non-profit and professional associations, the boutique firm of Christianson & Company (C&C) delivers a full range of...