Do you possess strong nursing leadership qualities and have an excellent understanding of the clinical needs of the geriatric population? We are looking for a dynamic Registered Nurse who can lead and support the Clinical Quality Program, Clinical Improvement Processes and Clinical Education Program for Christenson Communities. If you are self-directed, motivated and possess an excellent understanding of adult education then this position is for you.
This position is a 15 month Maternity Leave contract, Monday - Friday: 37.5 hours per week.
Manager of Clinical Quality and Education
The Manager of Clinical Quality and Education manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of Nursing Standards, Quality Assessment Monitors and Performance Improvement Activities. Ensures compliance with regulatory and professional standards and recommendations that guide practice. Responsible for managing and coordinating clinical education for all sites acting as a resource and mentor for healthcare staff including Wellness Managers, LPNs and HCAs. Works as an integral part of CCLs leadership team to monitor and improve the quality of patient care.
- Recognized by our clinical partners as the organizational expert on policy and care services
- Chairs Best Practice committee
- Leads Best Practice communication and integration
- Provides ongoing clinical feedback, clinical support, clinical mentoring to Wellness Managers, Team Leads and all healthcare staff
- Serves as key point person for nursing and clinical best practice; preparing/providing organizational updates and data analysis i.e. resident falls, wound management, medication errors
- Responsible for researching models of nursing care and making recommendations to enhance quality services to our customers
- Makes recommendations on new business initiatives and equipment purchases relating to clinical best practices and customer service
- Liaise with Alberta Health Services clinical specialists
- Provide support to Physicians; coordinate quarterly Physician meeting
- Audits clinical processes
- Responsible for operating within approved budget
- Maintains visibility and acts as role model in the clinical setting through participation in resident care activities
- Participates in provision of direct/indirect care of residents for the purpose of education staff
- Evaluates effectiveness of resident care delivered and provides follow up to issues identified
- Respects and acknowledges skill levels and contributions of all staff
- Supports staff morale and team building activities
- Promotes evidence based practice being integrated into the Supportive Living setting
- Collaborates in the development of best practice and evidence based standards
- Demonstrates respect for others and the cultural diversity of others by using tact, diplomacy and courtesy in all interactions
- Maintains own competence in nursing practice
- Acts as a liaison between AHS and organization in ensuring that clinical benchmarks are met
- Develops annual education plan with goals and objectives to meet educational needs of employees, patients and families. Responsible for the overall curricula planning, educational activities design, content development, implementation and evaluation of education/orientation programs
- Develops continuing education programs. Remains current on information and knowledge regarding changes in health care practices and when necessary responds to changes with educational programs for care giving personnel; organizes industry experts to provide in-services as necessary.
- Coordinates with Wellness Managers, Community Administrators and HR to implement competency based training including new hire orientation, annual competencies and skills, and clinical certifications as applicable
- Contributes to nursing management education and professional development of staff, students, and colleagues in an environment of mutual respect and understanding.
- Develops and implements recruitment and retention programs for staff.
- Provides weekly in-services for staff, residents, and families
- Participates in the development and communication of new or revised policies and procedures
- Seeks opportunities for professional development and continued education
- Promotes and integrates evidence based practice into the clinical area
- Recognizes value of relationship building in recruitment and retention with development of education and staff satisfaction
- Participates in creating an environment of learning conducive to staff needs
- Take responsibility for own learning needs
- Participates in the administration of informal and formal performance appraisals to nursing staff
- Communicates and distributes information to staff as required
- Participates in quality assurance activities
- Provides leadership and role modeling while participating in program planning and delivery planning/changes
- Drafts/updates documents pertinent to the job
The core competencies of the Manager of Clinical Quality and Education role consist of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements
- Current RN licensure required
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a educators role planning, designing and implementing curricula and arranging matter for nursing courses
- Management experience an asset
- Expertise in Clinical Quality Standards, Clinical Quality Measures, Regulatory updates, and Accreditation
- Demonstrated experience of providing a climate of learning and encouraging the development of the professional nursing skills including an understanding of Principles of Adult Learning
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office, Power Point, e-mail and internet
- Current active clinical experience in Geriatrics
- Certificate in Geriatrics an asset
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume outlining salary expectations and relevant work and professional experience.
Indeed - 2 years ago