As a member of the Christenson Communities Management team, the NURSE ADMINISTRATOR will be responsible for the overall clinical and operations at Royal Oak Manor Assisted Living Community in Lacombe Alberta. This position is responsible for providing leadership, staff development, budgeting, and management of key services. Management of services will be in accordance with policies and procedures and current provincial standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern assisted living facilities. The successful candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment and strong leadership skills, to ensure that Best Practices in healthcare within the community continues, that priorities are established, and that goals are met. The Nurse Administrator participates in quality improvement activities and manages fiscal and human resources in order to provide effective and efficient resident care.
The Nurse Administrator acts as a key resource to the healthcare team and other facility staff, to ensure that Royal Oak Manor’s goals and objectives are met while creating an environment that supports the Mission, Vision, Philosophy and Values of Christenson Communities.
- Operates the community to ensure that service and care are provided in conformance with all legislative, regulatory and Christenson Communities and Advantage Assist Group Inc. requirements. Fully understands and practices the management style of “OWNERSHIP,
ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY” for directing all the facility’s operations.
- Selects orients and monitors the performance of departmental managers. Conducts annual performance appraisals.
- Promotes a positive team spirit within the department and the facility, motivates and empowers the team.
- Oversees the co-ordination of move ins/ move outs/ transfers with the Marketing, Management and Nursing departments.
- Participates in the development of the facility annual operating and capital budgets and ensures conformance to approved budgets on an ongoing basis.
- Establishes facility goals and objectives in conjunction with the Director of Seniors Communities and ensures that these are met within available budgetary and fiscal resources; and appropriate time frames.
- Ensures all staff are knowledgeable of Residents Bill of Rights and assist staff to respect and promote the Bill of Rights.
- Attends Residents’ Council / Meetings when requested in order to discuss concerns/ complaints/suggestions or new initiatives the facility is developing.
- Develops a long range strategic plan in collaboration with the CEO of Christenson Communities.
- Reviews all resident admission applications with the Community Wellness Manager/Marketing to ensure that an appropriate placement and level of care can be provided and monitors this aspect on an ongoing basis.
- Regularly monitor and analyzes the effectiveness of all components of care, initiating corrective action as required.
- Co-ordinates the activities of all departments to ensure a balanced emotional and physical environment which is conductive to the provision and practice to therapeutically effective holistic care.
- Develops and institutes a thorough facility safety program which will include updating safe job procedures and provision for a job hazard observation process. Ensures adherence by all staff. Takes an active interest in Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Develop a continuing education and staff development program for all levels of staff.
- Promotes the quality management program which assists the department /service in maintaining and promoting continuous quality service improvement to our customers.
- Meets with residents/family to resolve problems/concerns/complaints and reviews suggestions on a needs be basis and communicates on a regular basis with the residents and their families through the monthly newsletter, or other appropriate meetings.
- Responsible for the overall facility absenteeism/sick day management.
- Administers facility collective agreement on a day to day basis and represents the company in the grievance process up to and including the step prior to arbitration.
- Ensures the fair and equitable treatment of all employees in line with company policies and collective agreement.
- Represents and liaises the facility to various relevant community, professional, civic and service organizations.
- Ensures that all appropriate contacts, including area physicians, are established and maintained within the community in order to maximize the availability of potential tenants/residents and to obtain feedback with regard to the services required.
- Initiates, reviews, and prepares documents, policies and procedures to conform with the standards of Alberta Health Services.
- Responsible for ensuring Best Practices are being adhered to with regards to resident care.
- Assist with marketing/sales as required (touring prospective residents and provide application support and information).
- Prepare weekly occupancy performance reports and other reports as assigned.
- Deals personally with Alberta Health Services, Alberta Seniors and other provincial, municipal legislative authorities.
- Actively promotes the facility by coordinating local media coverage and advertising.
- Ensure residents receive clear, regular and effective communications.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree program in nursing
- Current registration and good standing with CARNA
- Up to five (5) years of relevant experience
- Three (3) years direct resident care experience
- Two (2) years progressive administrative experience in a nursing setting
- Experience managing in an unionized work environment and union negotiations
- Strong and effective leadership skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to organize work and set priorities
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills based upon a broad general knowledge of Assisted Living Facility or Long Term Care
- Knowledge of team dynamics with the ability to work effectively as a team leader and team member
- Demonstrated ability to make appropriate decisions, exercise sound judgment and use considerable initiative
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education
- Ability to work independently and function effectively in a constantly changing work environment
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change quickly and effectively
This is a permanent full-time position that offers a competitive compensation package. Please send a cover letter and resume outlining salary expectations and relevant work and professional experience.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 2 years ago