Christenson Communities is dedicated to providing engaging lifestyles in the "Age in Place" seniors campus and has been redefining what it means to age in today's society. With eight luxury facilities in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert and Lacombe with over 1,000 suites, including the award winning Devonshire Village, Citadel Village, Glastonbury Village, and Royal Oak Village, Christenson Communities is the leader in Assisted Living.
It takes a special kind of person to work with Christenson Communities. We look for people who have a passion for engaging with older adults. People who have a real commitment to treating residents with the respect, honor and dignity they deserve. People with the experience, and expertise, to help residents live the lives they envision for themselves. If making a difference in people’s lives is one of the things that make you tick, then you are the right fit for us.
We are currently recruiting for a Lifestyle Consultant to join our team.
The Lifestyle Consultant will oversee the customer relations for prospective customers for life lease and rentals for all of Christenson Communities’ existing, stabilized Luxury Retirement Communities. This position is responsible for building lasting relationships and trust with prospective and existing residents as well as their families and other stakeholders by being the foremost expert on retirement living options and focusing on education and excellence in customer service.
The Lifestyle Consultant is responsible for maximizing the long-term real estate value of specified Luxury Retirement Communities by meeting occupancy targets, achieving reduced vacancy losses, matching residents to appropriate communities and homes, increasing life lease loan amounts, working closely with Community Administrators and their site teams to ensure seamless turnover and releasing of suites, and working with a sales team that promotes cross marketing between various Christenson Communities.
Areas of Accountability
- Be an expert and champion of “life lease”; effectively communicating and educating prospective clients, their family members, and other stakeholders on the benefits of the life lease loan option over conventional renting.
- Understand the needs and wants of seniors vis-à-vis accommodations, hospitality, and care and to properly differentiate between the needs of the various segments in the marketplace (Active Adult, Independent Living, Supportive Living, and Designated Supportive Living).
- Engage in lead management by educating clients on retirement living options and fostering relationships and creating trust with the client and their family throughout the sales cycle.
- Work collaboratively with other Christenson Group staff to cross market in order to meet resident needs, fill vacancies, expedite turnovers, and address customer concerns.
- Build strategic partnerships with external stakeholders, such as physicians, seniors groups, and health clinics, to promote recurring referrals from within the community and beyond.
- Achieve sales and occupancy targets as set forth by investors.
- Manage and work with Sales Hostesses/Receptionists to ensure timely, friendly, and knowledgeable service and to make sure that they are accountable for their performance.
- Maintain Information Centers/Passive Marketing Areas and Show Suites with up-to-date information and marketing material; and to ensure that they are always clean and presentable.
- Attend trade shows and fairs to promote the Christenson brand and develop “grassroots” word of mouth.
- Evaluate the advertising mix for each site in an effort to get the best return on investment on advertising dollars.
- Present the client with upgrading options and pricing for their suite at their cost.
- Possess a well-rounded knowledge of Christenson Group contracts and ensure that clients are aware of their obligations so as to promote transparency.
- Develop Sales and Marketing budgets in cooperation with Head Office and ensure they are met.
- Develop and maintain competition surveys for all active neighborhoods.
- Solicit feedback from clients – How did they hear of us? What convinced them to live in one of our communities? Why did they choose to not live in one of our communities?
- Create and maintain weekly traffic reports and life lease and rental activity.
- Submit monthly reports as required.
- Be well versed on all of the communities that the Christenson Group of Companies markets and familiar with other Christenson Group leasing and sales representatives to refer inquiries to provide prospective customers with accurate information on all projects.
- Follow thru with the client through the sales process and beyond, addressing customer concerns/inquiries collaboratively with the Community Administrator using a solution-based philosophy.
- Streamline processes and systems where possible, with a commitment to “out of the box” thinking towards problem solving.
- Create and maintain relationships with on-site personnel, understanding the uniqueness and diversity across communities to leverage within the sales process and to solicit support as required.
- Lifestyle Consultants are required to take ownership of their site(s). Ensure signage is clean and standing. The overall impression of the site and the sales centre should be excellent.
The core competencies of the Lifestyle Consultant role consist of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Principles and values that match The Christenson Group corporate principles and values.
- A high level of enthusiasm, as well as a high energy level.
- Professional attire and personal grooming.
- A good memory for names, faces, and business details.
- Perseverance and stability.
- An outgoing personality.
Proven Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects on tight time frames.
- Great listening skills and creative problem solving ability.
- Proactive follow-up with prospective customers.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, customer focused, and able to work in a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to talk with different audiences, appropriately adjust technical content to meet different audience knowledge and interest, and can juggle meetings with multiple audience levels.
- Proven closing/negotiating skills.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements
- Proven track-record of managing and directing a highly skilled, motivated, results-orientated, and successful sales and leasing team.
- Five years or more of sales experience in new home sales, MLS real estate, and/or leasing is preferred.
- Be of at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in seniors living would be a major asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and Internet Explorer.
Other Bona-Fide Occupational Requirements
- Must be able to travel locally.
- Must own and properly register and insure own vehicle.
Christenson Communities offers a competitive benefit package.
Indeed - 4 months ago