The Human Resources Representative assists with the administration of day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties at Royal Oak Manor. The HR Representative will provide support and counsel regarding the interpretation and implementation of some or all of the following areas: recruiting and staffing logistics, employee relations, training and development, benefits and executive administration.
Areas of Accountability
- Provide counsel and assistance to employees at all levels in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures as well as relevant legislation
- Coordinate the resolution of specific HR policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Assist managers, supervisors and staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems.
- Work closely with supervisors and managers to determine staffing needs; post ads, screen resumes, conduct interviews, reference checks, and matters of confidentiality
- Provide advisory support to the management team in all areas of employee relations including, hiring, interpretation of the collective agreement, performance management and terminations.
- Perform a wide variety of responsible clerical, technical, administrative, and office support duties in support of the Nurse Administrator & Contracts Manager
- Provide customer service, both in-person and by telephone; screen and direct telephone calls, answer inquiries from employees and the general public regarding human resources issues, policies and procedures; respond to various requests for information
- Store, update and retrieve confidential personnel related data; process staffing and other personnel documents
- Assist with employee orientation
- Responsible for the scheduling of care team personnel. This includes replacing sick calls, vacation requests and notifying management
- Enter employee payroll hours on bi-weekly basis
- Ensure accurate completion of benefits/pension documentation
- Coordinate annual performance reviews
- Assist with the completion of Worker’s Compensation reports
- Prepare reports, memos, letters and other documents as necessary
- Perform a variety of general office support duties; make copies; maintain a calendar of activities, meetings, and various events for assigned staff; process mail including receiving, sorting and time-stamping, logging and distributing incoming and outgoing correspondence and packages; order supplies
The core competencies of the HR Representative’s role consist of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized post-secondary education with a focus in HR Completion
- Minimum of 6 months – 1 year progressive work experience Recruitment, preferably in Healthcare
- Minimum of 6 months – 2 years progressive work experience in Human Resources
- Experience working in a unionized environment considered an asset
- Intention to pursue CHRP designation considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage competing demands, manage your own workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills and administrative experience
- Good judgment and ability to exercise discretion
- Ability to self-initiate and also work well as a team member
- Compassionate, courteous and respectful
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check
Indeed - 19 months ago