Christenson Communities Ltd.
- Associate Community Administrator
In collaboration with the Community Administrator, the Associate Community Administrator provides customer service to residents, potential residents, staff, contractors, investors, corporate office, Alberta Health Services, and other stakeholders. This position ensures the promotion and provision of the highest quality of service to residents and ensures compliance with established standards.
This position has a strong health care element, a large public relations focus with residents, family members, visitors, and external partners. There is strong customer satisfaction accountability to the residents and the organization.
This is an interim position with a strong emphasis on community marketing, community partnerships and community liaison. This position was developed to enhance relationships and branding of Christenson Communities Ltd. within the community and to oversee the Inspired Living Program.
- Responsible to and work under the direction of:
- In collaboration with Community Administrator, assists in supporting the overall operation of the community to ensure that service and care are provided in conformance with all legislative, regulatory and Christenson Communities and Advantage Assist Group Inc. requirements.
- Assists in the co-ordination of move ins/ move outs/ transfers with the Marketing, Management and Nursing departments.
- Under the direction of the Community Administrator, reviews all resident admission applications with the Community Wellness Manager/Marketing to ensure that an appropriate placement and level of care can be provided and monitors this aspect on an ongoing basis.
- Assists in regularly monitoring and analyzes the effectiveness of all components of care, initiating corrective action as directed Community Administrator.
- Assists in promoting the quality management program which assists the department /service in maintaining and promoting continuous quality service improvement to our customers.
- Participates, collaborates and provides follow up in Audit processes up to but not limited to Public Health, AHS Quality Audits, Licensing, CCL Audit processes etc.
- Meets with residents/family to resolve problems/concerns/complaints and reviews suggestions on a needs be basis and communicates on a regular basis with the residents and their families through Resident groups, the monthly newsletter, or other appropriate meetings as directed by the Community Administrator.
- Ensures that all appropriate contacts, including area physicians, are established and maintained within the community in order to maximize the availability of potential tenants/residents and to obtain feedback with regard to the services required.
- Work with residents, staff, stakeholders, agencies and community organizations to explore current opportunities and develop appropriate community development strategies, through partnerships and community coordination which would result in the engagement and inclusion of residents within the broader community.
- Maintain effective relationships with allied agencies, neighbors, social groups, community stakeholders, residents and resident leaders in particular. Participate in community development activities and initiatives and in outreach to relevant groups.
- Facilitate meetings with community organizations, identify issues, and establish strategies to address those issues.
- Prepare and present information as requested to various organizations and groups.
Interact with community organizations and leaders to develop and re-enforce referral sources.
- Create and implement outreach initiatives with the aim of informing community organizations and prospective patients about the full array of services available at Christenson Communities.
- Ensures the administration, delivery and innovation of the Inspired Living Concept this includes partnering with community agencies, residents and all departments.
- Hire, orients, supervise and evaluates the performance of recreation personnel at Devonshire Village. This includes the use of the disciplinary process in conjunction with the Community Administrator and Human Resources.
- Collaborates with Wellness Management team to ensure a strong, cohesive and effective interdisciplinary process with the end result being improved health and wellness of all residents in turn supporting the care team.
- Liaise with residents and provides opportunities and forums for resident feedback by developing evaluation tools and processes.
- Representative for market analysis, competitors to ensure we remain at the forefront as innovative service providers.
- Develops and ensures adherence of policies and procedures in the department and for the Inspired Living concept.
- Responsible for the hiring, supervision and review of all independent service providers for Inspired Living. This includes contract renewals, adherence and service evaluation.
- Develops a continuing education and staff development program for recreation team in partnership with Staff Education and Development Coordinator.
- Management of Inspired Living Budget, review and reporting responsibilities to CEO of Christenson Communities/Director of Operations.
- Partner with Director of Finance for forecasting of Inspired Living budgets, new builds, and strategic planning for growth within communities.
- Partners with Food Services and reviews contracts, negotiates terms and oversees the catering provided by Nova for Inspired Living and Recreation Services.
- Provides a thorough knowledge of Christenson Communities Campuses (i.e locations, types, building information).
- Responsible for marketing and supervision of Inspired Living Sales drives within CCL sites.
- Representative for marketing to community for external Inspired Living Clients. Direct result being the growth of clientele base for future residents within CCL communities.
The core competencies of the Associate Community Administrator role consist of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements
- Post-secondary education in business management/administration
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a related role
- Demonstrated knowledge of office administration
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office, e-mail and internet
Equivalencies will be considered
- Outstanding customer service focus
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to respond quickly and appropriately in emergency situations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Trustworthiness and integrity
- Desire to work with the senior population
- Strong organizational skills (ability to multi-task and prioritize)
Other Bona-Fide Occupational Requirements
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check is required for all employees
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends, as required, for emergency calls
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must own and properly register and insure own vehicle
- May work shifts that include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- May be required to help lift immobile patients or lift items that weigh up to 20 kilograms.
- This job description indicates representative responsibilities and specifications of the position only and should not be considered to necessarily represent all responsibilities and specifications of the position. The incumbent may perform other duties as assigned, which are not specified in this description. A review and update of this job description will take place at the yearly performance review.
Indeed - 12 months ago