SEEKING EXPERIENCED, MOTIVATED LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE WHO IS LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE.
Christenson Communities provides seniors with opportunities to live life to the fullest by operating Seniors Independent and Assisted Living Communities in the Edmonton area. We are currently seeking a NURSE MANAGER for our Glastonbury Village location. Our newest community that opened the doors in the Spring of 2011, Glastonbury Village offers a regal and sophisticated living space in the west end of Edmonton. We invite you to apply for this position and continue to support an exceptional supportive living team that understands all aspects of assisted living in Edmonton.
As an experienced manager, team builder and leader, you will be familiar with the complexities of managing a staff of support living professionals. You also understand the importance of establishing a strong relationship with staff and residents. Managing a variety of challenging tasks simultaneously, having a passion for residents needs and mentoring others is what motivates you. You have solid expertise in clinical practice as a nurse and are looking to take your career to the next level.
The Nurse Manager reports to the Community Administrator and is responsible for all aspects of the care provided for the residents, including providing overall leadership and direction to a staff of Licensed Practical Nurses and Health Care Aides. They will be directly responsible for ensuring residents’ comfort, satisfaction, confidentiality of services provided to them, and attention to detail that is the best of the best. This is top of the line assisted living. The Wellness Manager is responsible for ensuring optimum care for residents by ensuring assignment of appropriate staffing levels to ensure nursing requirements are met. They will also provide assessments of medical background and care requirements of potential residents. The Wellness Manager will work with senior management to develop and ensure the care and services provided are top of line.
This position is mainly Monday-Friday and offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
- Current license to practice as an LPN in the Province of Alberta.
- Two years (minimum) experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Top notch organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- The ability to relate well to people, and to approach work with confidence, integrity, professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Previous experience in the area of Gerontology and Supportive Living an asset.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong PC skills e.g. Microsoft Office.
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check including Vulnerable Sector Search.