Christenson Communities Ltd. is a rapidly growing, dynamic provider of services for Seniors Independent and Assisted Living Communities. We are currently seeking a Certified General Accountant to join our team as a Property Accountant. This is a permanent full-time position, Monday - Friday.
The Property Accountant performs full-cycle accounting functions for multiple properties as assigned and ensures timely and accurate financial reporting to investors for those properties. The candidate is required to work closely with various internal clients within the organization including Community Administrators, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and the Director of Finance.
Responsible to and work under the direction of:
Director of Finance and Corporate Strategy, Christenson Communities Ltd
Areas of Accountability
- Maintain full cycle accounting records on assigned legal entities.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Perform monthly general ledger to subledger reconciliations.
- Preparation of GST returns where applicable.
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations (e.g. security deposits).
- Review the coding of revenues and expenses to the correct accounts and segments and make adjusting entries when required.
- Ensure proper accounting and segregation of site operating revenues and expenses.
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of monthly/annual financial statements, summaries, and financial management reports.
- Prepare quarterly investor reports.
- Prepare complete and accurate year end working papers and reconcile balance sheet accounts for external accounting company.
- Work closely with various internal and external stakeholders regarding, but not limited to, payroll, Alberta Health Services funding, accounts payable and receivable, site operating activity, budgeting/variance analysis, etc.
- Take initiative to continually identify areas of improvement with accounting systems, processes, and procedures.
Education and Experience
- A recognized accounting designation as CGA is required.
- Minimum five years of progressive property management accounting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software would be a definite asset.
- Makes effective use of database, spreadsheet, and word-processing software to prepare statistical and written reports for management.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles and the complete accounting cycle.
- Knowledge of intercompany accounting.
- Must speak, read, and write English fluently.
Skills and Abilities
- Superior organizational skills; keeps files and work area organized.
- Maintains a comprehensive library of reference and historical data.
- Can be trusted to handle extremely confidential and sensitive information.
- Self motivated, able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Exhibits attention to detail and is committed to producing accurate and high-quality work.
- Excellent communication ability, written and verbal.
- Is team-oriented and works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
- Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations.
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of Property Accountant. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- be honest and trustworthy
- be respectful
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- be flexible
- demonstrate sound work ethics
Indeed - 18 months ago