Christenson Communities Ltd. is a rapidly growing, dynamic provider of services for Seniors Independent and Assisted Living Communities. We are currently seeking a workforce champion and seasoned HR professional to join our team as a Human Resources Generalist. This position is a one year maternity contract with the possiblity of becoming a permanent position.
This position is responsible for developing and delivering cutting-edge people processes and best practices for our Seniors Independent and Assisted Living Communities in Edmonton and area. The successful candidate must have well-developed leadership and consultative skills. Enthusiastic, commitment to ongoing learning, and ability to offer creative solutions to complex workplace issues is a must. The successful candidate must be committed to providing Human Resources practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Work with management to develop strategic initiatives to achieve business objectives;
- Collaborate with management to translate strategies and plans into the desired operational outcomes;
- Develop relevant programs that are applicable, cost effective, practical and appropriate;
- Develop and maintain external relations appropriate to achieve business goals.
- Coach and support management through the recruitment and selection process for hourly, salaried staff and Temporary Foreign Workers (TFW);
- Support training function through the identification, sourcing and execution of training initiatives and strategies;
- Develop and execute retention strategies ensuring that Christenson Communities remains an Employer of Choice;
- Accountable to track, measure and report employment metrics to Corporate group and Christenson Communities’ Management Team;
Employee and Labour Relations
- Coach and advise front-line managers in the interpretation and application of the Collective Agreement and other related policies;
- Coach and support managers and Human Resource team regarding employee performance concerns and terminations;
- Facilitate resolution of employee behavioral concerns such as progressive discipline/corrective action, conflict resolution, and code of conduct complaints by working with managers and employees;
- Providing guidance and support in regard to compensation decisions as per company guidelines;
- Support Human Resource team regarding employee administration details/activities such as Benefit administration, salary exceptions, Payroll interfacing etc.
Organizational Development and Effectiveness
- Assess the need for various organizational development services;
- Coach management through the Performance Management process ensuring timely, accurate and effective performance review delivery;
- Oversee the Rewards and recognition programs;
- Post-secondary education with a focus in HR
- CHRP designated or working towards CHRP an asset
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience in Human Resources
- Labour relations and negotiations an asset
Please forward your cover letter and resume.