Chris Mechanical Services is seeking an outstanding “hands-on” Technical Sales Representative to join our team.
Under the direction of the President, the Technical Sales Representative supports customer accounts and develops key business relationships. The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with existing customers, ensuring customer satisfaction, as well as developing opportunities with new customers to achieve sales and growth targets. This position is required to have a high degree of collaboration with the President and Senior Management (Coordinators) to ensure client expectations are managed appropriately and commitments made on projects can be fulfilled.
- Develop strong client relationships; maintain key customer accounts, ensure high level of service, including maintaining regular contact with clients, negotiating contracts, resolving issues and providing technical advice for customers.
- Work closely with customers’ identified technical representatives, cultivating and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Make recommendations on business development activities or strategies, which may include preparing comprehensive business proposals, identifying strategies to further develop major customer accounts or identifying and developing strategic industry partnerships.
- Develop sales prospects, following up on leads or referrals.
- Drive revenue and sales targets to meet monthly, quarterly or annual objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of products, company ‘value proposition’, and provide recommendations in regard to marketing materials.
- Inform the President or Department Coordinators of customer issues, as well as feedback from clients on projects undertaken; provide recommendations for improvement in delivery of products and service.
- Remain current on industry trends and work with internal representatives to identify new product development opportunities.
- Actively participate in using processes as defined by the ISO/QMS, including those required for reporting.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required (occasionally).
- Post-secondary education with a completed certificate or degree in a related technical field such as Business Administration or Marketing.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience preferably in the service sector of the Western Canadian Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience in business development, preferably experience in sales with long sales cycle.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Able to develop relationships, including with senior level employees or employees in key technical roles.
- Excellence in customer service abilities
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and use of customer management system, preference for experience in use of JobBOSS.
- High degree of integrity with ability to persuade and influence others.
- Self-motivated with strong analytical abilities.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to adapt and take on new challenges.
To apply for this position please email a resume and cover letter by replying to this ad or fax to 1-403-279-6997
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Chris Mechanical Services Ltd. has been providing industrial equipment design, maintenance, and manufacturing services in Calgary, Alberta...