Chris Mechanical Services Ltd is growing again. We have an immediate opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is an experienced, personable, self starter with a sense of urgency. The ideal candidate has the ability to multitask while understanding the confluence of priorities with a variety of projects.
- Design and create drawings for manufacturing of coil tubing equipment
- Provide support for manufacturing and service departments
- Solve complex technical problems using engineering principles, creative thinking and ingenuity.
- Use Autocad Inventor to create models, drawings and associated documentation for manufacturing of products.
- Determine proper material selection and manufacturing tolerances necessary to ensure proper fit and function of parts and assemblies.
- Perform engineering calculations to create solid designs of equipment and processes.
- Support and maintain the engineering documentation, including CAD models, drawings, engineering change orders, test procedures and test reports along with specific customer requested documentation as required.
- Be a mentor to the Junior Engineers.
- 8 or more years design experience in a manufacturing environment
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Accreditation as a professional engineer
- Advanced knowledge in mechanical engineering and design.
- Familiar with applicable codes, standards and acceptable industry practices
- Ability to take broad conceptual frameworks to create viable products in collaboration with the team
- Experience with CAD drafting and 3-D Solid modeling. Preference will be given to those with experience using Inventor software
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Intermediate experience with ERP or MRP systems. Preference will be given to those with Job BOSS exposure.
- Experience in project management
- Preference will be given to those with experience with hydraulic components and systems
- Preference will be given to those with design and manufacturing of coil tubing equipment experience
- Able to work from verbal instructions, rough sketches or general conceptual ideas and come up with meaningful designs of equipment or processes.
Salary and benefits Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable based upon education and experience
- We also offer an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and profit sharing plan for employees
Chris Mechanical Services Limited is a well established engineering, manufacturing and associated services company providing a comprehensive array of specialized or customized products, equipment and services for the oil & gas focused on the coiled tubing sector, agricultural and food processing industries.
All resumes are held in confidence. Email resumes with cover letter by responding to this ad, or fax to 403-279-6997. We thank all those who apply but will be contacting only those applicants who are short listed for interviews for this position.
Chris Mechanical Services Ltd. has been providing industrial equipment design, maintenance, and manufacturing services in Calgary, Alberta...