Chris Mechanical Services Ltd is a well established manufacturing/service company in a brand new facility in the East Lake industrial area in southeast Calgary. We have immediate openings for Journeyman Machinists who are experienced, personable, self starters. Ideally a candidate will have the ability to multitask while understanding the inherent pressures of manufacturing timelines. Effective communication and problem-solving skills are required on a daily basis.
- Following company procedures to machine parts for customer orders
- Operating various CNC and manual machines, mills and lathes
- Working at a sustained pace while producing quality work
- Determining dimensions and tolerances appropriate for specific situations
- Contributing to the project completion by working on tight manufacturing timelines
- Preparing working sketches and/or working from engineering drawings
- Operating overhead cranes
- Maintaining equipment and tooling in peak condition including keeping work area clean
- Understanding of the work order traveler job information process
- Mentoring apprentices
- Working with minimal supervision
- Journeyman machinist certification (Alberta or Inter-provincial)
- Proficiency in Gibbs will be considered an asset
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to mentor apprentices
- Experience with Job Boss will be considered an asset
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable based upon education and experience
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package and profit sharing plan for employees.
All resumes are held in confidence. Please email resumes and cover letters by responding to this ad, or fax to 203-279-6997. We thank all those who apply but will be contacting only those applicants who are shortlisted for interviews for this position.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Chris Mechanical Services Ltd. has been providing industrial equipment design, maintenance, and manufacturing services in Calgary, Alberta...