Chop Steakhouse and Bar Employee Reviews

Great place to work and a great company
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2017
Chop is an absolutely wonderful place to work. It has a great culture and really cares about their teams. There are tons of room for advancement and all problems are resolved very well and quickly.
Pros
discounts on food, friendly people.
great environment and an upbeat vibe from all the workers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2017
I like working at Chop, on an average day I call reservations to confirm, do a few bathroom checks and potentially deal with a homeless person or two throughout the day. Unfortunately it is a larger problem than average due to the location. iI earned how to be more assertive during my time with Chop. The environment is great but just because of my co-workers loved their jobs and it truly showed. They are a great bunch of people, almost like a family and almost everyone hangs out after work. Sadly there isn't much room there for advancement within they unfortunately are constantly hiring outside of the work place even though many of us are looking to be advanced.
Pros
great environment
Cons
Short hours
Friendly co-workers with common goal of achieving efficiency while still maintaining an exceptional level of hospitality
Busser/Room Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 January 2017
- Surrounded by experienced staff
- Friendly and approachable management
- Must be able to maintain a high level of stamina and energy for atleast 6 hours to keep up with the pace of a dinner rush
- Have to deal with dirty dishes; scrape off food into garbage which isnt that bad after a while if you just deal with it
- Rude guests are never fun to deal with
- Hotel guests who order Room Service often tip generously (provided that they receive exceptional customer service and are presented to with smiles).
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Often no time for breaks during shift, scheduled outside of availability
good first serving job
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
chop is a very good place to work and learn about culinary and front of house. i learned everything from drinks to how to be a more efficient server. hours get cut in the summer which is lame but other than that its a great environtment
Fun restaurant with good team
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 August 2016
Good workspace with lots of good people. Learn many things and a chance at advancement. No benefits and varying hours. Good management and very understanding.
Great Place to Work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2016
Good place to work, strong training program and identity as a restaurant. This is by far where my skills as a server and bartender were grown exponentially by their commitment to training and monitoring staff abilities.
Fast Paced work environment with friendly staff
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2015
In a typical day I would initially ensure that the mass starches such as mashed potatoes and rice are portioned in 5 lb bags which I would then vacuum seal. Also after any usage of a station I am responsible of cleaning up. On of the most crucial responsibilities is working on the line , in that being able to put together our Garde Manger (cold side) options as well as desserts.
Pros
valuable work experience
Cons
Extensive stress level to meet time requirements
Stressful job with managers that need a lot of work to be done on them.
Server / Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2015
Get to work, stock up, start running food, stay past your designated closing time, take out the garbage run dishes to the dishwasher, sweep up dish area.
Treat everyone equally.
Management needs a lot of work and i mean a lot.
Awesome co-workers.
Running dirty dishes and taking out the garbage.
Interacting with customers.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Disregard for lower staff positions.
Great environment
Lounge Server (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 February 2015
Chop is a great company that I would love to progress in as their philosophies, environment, and culture really make them an employer of choice.
Fun workplace
Lounge server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2014
-Been at CHOP for 3 years
-One of the best places i've worked
-Like one big family
-helped develop my time management and communication skills
-developed many friendships with not just co-workers, but with regular guests as well
Pros
close to home and enjoyable work place
Cons
work hours inconsistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chop Steakhouse and Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

Chop Steakhouse and Bar Reviews by Location