Choices in Community Living Employee Reviews

A very caring company
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH27 September 2016
I enjoyed working for Choices in Community Living. The company really cares about their consumers, needs, wants and health care. Not only did we attend to their basic and health needs, but their are plenty of activities and personal goals that were met, for each consumers
Very client centered
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH17 September 2016
CICL is one of the best companies I've worked for. Compared to their competitors they are among the best. The job is demanding but rewarding and higher management is very supportive. They take care of their employees as well.
Pros
lots of perks, like free food and gatherings and gift cards
Cons
health insurance, low pay
Enjoyable place to work
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH29 February 2016
the typical work day was very routine, it provide a great time for reflection ,management was outstanding very knowledgeable and always willing to help, my coworkers in my opinion were funny and made it a phenomenal place to work
Pros
lots of downtime
Cons
extended hours
Laid back work environment.
RECRUITER / HR GENERALIST (Current Employee) –  Dayton, Ohio10 September 2015
Choices gets the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of Adults with Developmental Disabilities. Since it is a non-profit company, there is a cap on salary potential. They are very flexible though, and that makes up for it.
Need on the job Management
Professional Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Dayton, Oh15 July 2015
You there supervising yourself, employees is pretty much is on there own, management is poor. Employees don't take their job serious.
Pros
trainings
Cons
no breaks
Feel like you're making a difference
Home Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, Ohio19 May 2015
At choices, you always feel like you're making a difference in peoples lives which is very rewarding. There is a very flexible work schedule. You can work as many or as little hours as you would like. Management is very responsive and understanding. Over time you begin to feel like it isn't just work, but a second family. The only downside is the compensation and benefits could be better. I would like to see paid sleep time.
Pros
flexible work schedule
benefits
Respectable place to work treat employees with upmost respect
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH11 May 2015
Working with adults with developmental disabilities. Being an care giver, friend, companion. Helping with independence with in an group home or home like setting. Some supervisors took the title to an extra level and tried to treat employees in an unprofessional way. Report your concerns to human resources and nothing gets resolved.
Caring & Rewarding work environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, Ohio27 February 2015
I love working with this company. Very rewarding company to work for. Co workers are awesome and HR staff is very supporting with clients and their staff that takes care of ther clients.
Pros
Working individually with clients
Cons
Working 24 hour shifts
First Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  dayton, OH6 October 2014
Learn how to become professional in the work place. Learned how to use the phone system and the intercom.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Temporary
good place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DE22 September 2014
I think this is a demanding but very rewarding place to work.
Loved working with all the clients but management wasn't good
Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, OH29 May 2014
my typical day consisted of coming in at 4 . passing afternoon meds then making dinner for the clients. showers, laundry, cleaning, afternoon meds, talk and visit, play games, watch shows of their choice then bedtime.
i learned to look at life in a complete different perspective after working with my clients.
management was not good. never consistent, rude and hateful, no encouraging words for jobs well done. Never there when you need them. just horrible
hardest part of my job was seeing a client sick or unhappy.
most enjoyable part of my job was making my clients smile and making their days better
Pros
i had so much fun
Cons
Management makes the job hard sometimes
Great Work Place
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OH15 January 2014
Awesome place to work with great management. Decent pay, training is provided.
Fun place to work at times
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH15 July 2013
Nice place but had poor Higher Management.
Making clients smile was the most rewarding
Pancakes makes the Day go better
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH14 May 2013
My night starts at 9pm most of the clients are in bed, my night is checking on clients, cleaning and doing paper work.
morning for clients starts at 5am meds, showers, and brefest, enjoyable part is makeing pancakes the clients love pancakes and cant wait till the next morning for them.
Pros
knowing i had a part of makeing the clients morning a good start
Cons
sometimes not enough time to get things done when a client has a behavior
Great place to work wish pay was better.
Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH14 December 2012
I love working with C.I.C.L. i just wish the pay was greater.
A great place to work
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH17 July 2012
A compassionate and dedicated company. Train and employ people who are interested in helping those with disabilities.
My Job
Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OH17 May 2012
The job is fairly easy, meaning not very physically demanding. There is a lot of training before you start the job. It seem the only way to get fired from this company is to yell at your boss, over 5 med errors in a single year, or neglect/ abuse of the client(s). Most of the Program Administrators (PA) are very nice and easy to work for, even the director of human resources is very nice and easy to talk to. The only problem I have really seen with this company is that in the main office in Dayton, Ohio, they don't seem to be on top of any paper work. By this I mean they lose or misplace a lot of paper work then it falls back on whoever was supposed to have turned it in to find or replace it, and a lot of things get pushed from one person to the next and nothing gets done. The best part of the job is that most of the co-workers and superiors are very friendly, and most of the clients are sweet and easy to care for. The hardest part is dealing with the main office and the responsibilities of passing the clients medication.
Pros
vacation time, sick time, insurance, mileage, and flexible work schedule
Cons
not a lot of pay raises
LOVE WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY
RESIDENT SPEACIALIST (Current Employee) –  DAYTON, OHIO29 January 2012
THIS COMPANY HAS ALL OF THERE CLIENTS INTEREST IN HEART. THEY MAKE SURE ALL OF THEIR NEEDS ARE MEET. THEY KEEP STABILITY IN THE CLIENTS LIVES. THERE IS RARLEY ANY CHANGES. THEY MAKE SURE ALL EMPLOYEES ARE TRAINED PROPERLY.
Pros
able to take client out on outings
Cons
i dont feel this company has any cons