Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, personal growth driven, culture based.
Restaurant Crew (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 April 2017
A typical day at work would include greeting your coworkers and feel that positive vibe flow through the restaurant as well as the feeling of enthusiasm of willing to provide the best towards guests. Working hard and constantly keeping the restaurant in perfect shape allowing guests to enjoy their experience. I learned a lot from people skills, professionalism, leadership and ownership skills, as well as culinary skills. The management has improved such that we learn every day to improve output. The hardest part of the job would be trying to be 100% perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting and working with coworkers as well as having laid back conversations while maintaining professionalism. The positivity that surrounds the restaurant also gives guests the impression of the enjoyment of serving them. If you're interested in hospitality careers, chipotle is a good way to start off.
Pros
Free meal when working, 50% off the clock meal, paid break, amazing coworkers and management
Cons
difficult to maintain staff capacity - possibility of inflexible scheduling
A Fun place to work for best customer service experience
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 April 2017
A great environment to work.
Friendly management
Free meal on the day of work
Rotation is done among stations to train employees on all areas.
Benefits are great.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Insufficient shifts
Waste of Time
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario6 March 2017
Has to be the the most unprofessional workplace I have ever worked at. Management chooses favourites and gives them all the shifts, while if you are not liked you will get 2 shifts a week and in my case fired after only 2 weeks of employment. Even during my 2 weeks of employment I wasn't given the full time work i was guaranteed. Don't waste your time here
Pros
Paid breaks, free food on breaks, above minimum wage pay
Cons
Little to no job security, 20 hours or less a week even at full time
Long work days, very fast paced
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto19 February 2017
Chipotle has a very corporate environment, youre constantly told to change procedures to things that take way more time but at the same time pressured into being faster. Everything is about saving labour and saving costs.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long days
Nice environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 February 2017
Free lunch everyday. Very friendly workplace. The environment is empowering - after just a few weeks you feel confident enough to help other employees with their work.
Pros
free burritos
Cons
the work can be hard, especially when opening or closing the restaurant.
Positive fast paced working enviornment
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Stockyards8 November 2016
I learned the importance of team work the hardest part is nailing those time expectations the people who work there are highly motivated and truly love what they do they are by far the best group of people I have ever worked with and are very well managed
Pros
free food during work if you eat it inside the store
Cons
time expectations
Not idealistic
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
Terrible management. Horrible hours, very stressful work environment. Always getting criticized for everything you do even though you do it to their "standards". Management is very childish. As id being in high school.
Excelent job
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2016
Great job, great facilities, great opportunity to develop customer service skills.
Fast-paced environment, you can improve management of time and duties.
You always learn something new
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Closing times
Felt like I had to dedicate my whole life to the company.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2016
It's weird how they get crew members to interview you and then collectively agree to hire you..

Most of the managing team talked behind my back and wouldn't let me use the bathroom. Very two faced. Would treat other employees better - they were hired around the same time as me.

I would get a an hour's list of work to be done when my 8 hour shift was coming to an end.
Pros
Cut short on breaks
Amazing workplace with the best team of co workers
Prep Cook/Line Cook & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2015
I loved working at Chipotle. A typical day at work would be getting straight on to the line, or cash. It was a very very fast pace working environment but I was in love with the job, So everything would always flow amazingly.
My whole team were a bunch of caring and big hearted group of people and I loved working and seeing them everyday
The hardest part about the job was nothing to me really, I caught onto everything on my first day and I loved it all
I enjoyed everything
Pros
Free food and really good pay
Cons
They over worked me, as a part time I would be working full time hours.
fun yet hardworking
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Great growing along side with my colleagues and develop while learning new skills.
hfgh
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 September 2015
very good workers. good management, good work days. nothign hard. fun all around. enviroment is very fun and good. pay is alright
Pros
fg
Cons
fhj
Ambiente de trabajo
Administrativo, Seguridad y medio ambiente (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2015
El ambiente de trabajo es agradable se tiene confianza para preguntar cualquier duda y se motiva para ascender en la empresa. Existe apoyo laboral de rápido crecimiento.
Pros
crecimiento rápido
Cons
Horas de trabajo determinado cada semana
Fun Workplace
Anything Available (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke10 September 2015
After reading all these negative reviews on this company, this place sounds like a gem to work for, and you people have never worked for Cara Operations(eg.Swiss Chalet) ..."Don't Even Think About Applying to Them?!!"
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Awesome place to work if managers are good
Kitchen Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2015
It all depends on the managers. I had great and bad times there. The work is hard and you have excellent opportunities to grow in the company. Sometimes it loses its balance between your personal life and your job.
One of the worst jobs I l've ever had- way too much drama
Tortilla press, on the line, throughput (Former Employee) –  Sqaureone, Mississauga14 June 2015
Hmm.. What can I say about Chipotle perhaps maybe it was the worst place I have yet to worked, the amount of politics that goes on here is ridiculous, managers favoritism others and seriously screw the new hires, I've worked 3 weeks here and was let go because of how I didn't fit the 'Chipotle vision' instead of helping you improve on your flaws they'll just fire you expecting that to help, yes I can see that definitely making me a better employee, working at a place with zero job security and also being expected to kill yourself in the amount of work for minimum to nothing is beyond my comprehension, my advice is stay away from here, also to note if you work under 5 hours you're not allowed to get a free meal or nothing not even a break.
Pros
Free lunches if you worked 5+ hours, amazing Co-worker's, pre-planned schedules
Cons
Favoritism, zero job security, minimum wage, managers, terrible environment
Productive and fun place to work, love the culture.
Grill and prep. (Former Employee) –  donmills and lawrence11 May 2015
coming to work here everyday is very exciting for me, the managers and the company doesn't only make the crew as a team , they build you as a family that always helping each other to make the job more easier for everybody. i make a lots of friends from different store location in this company.
Pros
paid break, free lunches
fun workplace
manager in training (Former Employee) –  Temple, NB14 April 2014
great job, fun co workers nice managers, had fun every day at work hardest thing was the paper work I did daily to become manager
A nice and fun place to work
Line cook (Former Employee) –  123 Front Street10 April 2014
There are two shift's 7.00a.m to 5p.m. and 5p.m to 11.30p.m I was
in-charge of the prep area so I used to prep the for the daily consumption of food for the day. According to the sheet set by the manager. During peak hours I worked at the grill and served food according to Chipotle's standards. The management is friendly and the managers are always willing to help you when you need them. The co-workers are friendly and nice to work with. The hardest part of the job I don't remember. The enjoyable part of the job was everyday coming to work
Pros
Lunch Break
fun place, amazing people
Cashier/server (Current Employee) –  square one center , Mississauga27 January 2014
I would say Chipotle was is my first job here since I came to Canada I didn't have any Canadian experience but they believed in me and gave me the chance to give the best of me.
any typical day at Chipotle is a challenge of providing customers with the best food and with the amazing customer service any one could ask for. But it doesn't mean we don't have fun, Actually we do have fun while working all the time.
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedules
Cons
not so much money