Chipotle Mexican Grill

Chipotle Mexican Grill Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace
manager in training (Former Employee), Temple, NBApril 14, 2014
great job, fun co workers nice managers, had fun every day at work hardest thing was the paper work I did daily to become manager
A nice and fun place to work
Line cook (Former Employee), 123 Front StreetApril 10, 2014
Pros: lunch break
There are two shift's 7.00a.m to 5p.m. and 5p.m to 11.30p.m I was
in-charge of the prep area so I used to prep the for the daily consumption of food for the day. According to the sheet set by the manager. During peak hours I worked at the grill and served food according to Chipotle's standards. The management is friendly and the managers are always – more... willing to help you when you need them. The co-workers are friendly and nice to work with. The hardest part of the job I don't remember. The enjoyable part of the job was everyday coming to work – less
i always had fun
Food Prep (Former Employee), Independence, OHJuly 21, 2014
Chipotles was a very upbeat job. there never a dual moment working there.
okay place
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: management
Everything was great but the Management. It need more diversity within the management.
Productive and fun workplace with delicious food
Line Staff (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 16, 2014
-great co-workers, fun and friendly
-learned great customer service and teamwork skills
-management was very understanding and friendly
-hardest part of the job was the juggling between speed and accuracy; also requires a lot of physical strength
-most enjoyable part was the great friends made through co-workers and customers alike; also delicious free – more... food! ;) – less
Messy and fun at times
Cashier (Former Employee), Edgewater, NJJuly 15, 2014
Hungry customers will make you think twice about working at a fast food chain/restaurant. That was the hard part.
Fast and busy restaurant
Crew Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: employment lunches
Cons: no breaks, short hours
A typical day at work was getting ready to make customers feel welcomed at the restaurant and provide them with food they enjoyed. My co-workers were mostly not nice and the hardest part of the job was having the rest of the crew members tell me to more than 3 things at once only because i was a new hire and i thought it was unfair.
working for the a great team makes all the difference
Crew Member (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOJuly 15, 2014
Not all Chipotes Restaurants have a great team that you enjoy to work with but my experience in the one I was at was a good one. Having a great leader makes a big difference and I was lucky enough to have a one of a kind General Manager. There for our team was one of a kind had a good experience working for Anzelmo.
Met a lot of awesome people here
Team Member (Lead) (Former Employee), Mission ValleyJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free employee meal, my coworkers were awesome, flexible schedule
Cons: hourly sucks
If you're hardworker and looking for somewhere to get on your feet, this is the place for you. I was an Assistant Manager for many years and was looking for a company that was loyal as I was. They were super flexible (don't abuse it though) with scheduling while I was going to vocational school and even after getting a job in my field of study, I continued – more... to work here because of my awesome coworkers. There was a high turnover because they only hire the best but if you are top performer with a good attitude you will have no problem staying here. A typical day would consist of cashier functions, prep, working the line, serving and rolling fat burritos ( I was an expert :) ) I loved my job I just hated the pay. However, you gotta start somewhere and this is a place I wish I would've started. Music is always bumping, good vibes and a lot of the managers there now are people I trained. It's not like any other place you will ever work, nothing but great experiences working for many years with Chipotle. – less
Friendly coworkers
Crew Worker/ Cashier (Former Employee), Sante Fe Springs/CaliforniaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: stacked burritos
Cons: 10 min breaks
I would clock in, figure out what my position for that day, & hop right to it. If I was on tortilla I would greet all the customers & handle their food orders. If I was cashier I would welcome all guests, maintain lobby, & handle all cash transactions. Hardest part about my job was the lack of communication between coworkers & the most enjoyable part – more... was knowing you got the job done right. – less
Fast paced work environment with friendly coworkers and great managers.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Webster TX 77058July 14, 2014
Pros: free meals.
Cons: breaks at the beginning of the shift.
My typical day at work begins with checking all that I have on the line and restocking what needs to be refilled based on demand from customers. Then I must serve customers with a friendly up-beat attitude and at a timely matter. Finally at the end of the shift I must clean and restock everything for next shift of people to come in a timely matter.
I – more... learned how to work efficiently and quickly while having a positive attitude.
The management helps you learn and shows you how to do the job correctly and helps you out if the team is behind. They also are top performers and do what needs to be done and they set a good example to follow/
My coworkers are friendly and I can relate to them, and we all work well together and have great communication.
The hardest part of the job is working around some negative people.
The most enjoyable part of the job making people happy with the product you serve them. – less
It was a great company to work for very nice work environment
Cashier/ Line server (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2014
It was a great company to work for very nice work environment
Chipotle is a nice place to work
cashier (Current Employee), 1045 5th stJuly 13, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: breaks
I enjoyed working and a restaurant with high standards on food process
Fun place to work at if you're a student going into college
Customer service (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free food on the clock, 50% discount off the clock
Cons: never get your break during your shift, managers break you before you clock out
There really isn't a typical when you work at Chipotle. Come in not knowing what you may do that day as you're constantly doing something different or being cross-trained. Most times the co-workers are awesome but management is not really to great.
Stressful environment due to poor management
Kitchen Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: 1 complemetary meal during shift. holidays off
Cons: stressful environment. pointed out everything that was done wrong, never compliment the good things done.
Assisted cooks in preparation and service of various foods in assigned work situations including pantry items, and with pre preparation of ingredients for entrees.
Assisted cooks in the preparation of basic items.
Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen and back of the house.
Stock the hot station unit for meal service.
Remove all food from the serving – more... lines and stock with new and fresh consistently.
Store and properly handle raw or prepared foods and non-food supplies.
Wash dishes and pots.
Operate dish washing equipment.
Distribute and store clean pots, dishes and utensils.
Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
Empty trash containers as required.
Maintain assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition.
Handle food in a manner that is consistent with local health department guidelines.
Follow proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of time, material and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense.
Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene.
Comply with department’s dress code.
Follow safety regulations, reporting injuries or any unsafe conditions and work practices to the supervisor.
Attend in service training and education sessions as assigned. – less
great food, poor management skills
Cashier (Former Employee), Pinole, CAJuly 10, 2014
it is hard to advance in chipotle, but they have no problem in having you train new employees when your not equipped to do so
most days are fast because of the high amount of cliental chipotle receives
very clean environment
co-workers friendly
Unique team!
Front of House, (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJuly 10, 2014
Fast-paced, easy to get along with coworkers, amazing opportunities for advancement to management.
Amazing quality food
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free food!!
Cons: n/a
Great Culinary aspects, company has great potential and has grown tremendously due to sticking with what they know Great job Chipotle!!
Fun and Fast Work Environment
Chipotle Mexican Grill (Former Employee), MOJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free meal/shift
Cons: unqualified managers
Opening and closing the store were the hardest things to because you were on a time limit. Yet it really taught you how to manage your time.

Chipotle only sells great and healthy food product in a fast manner. No added bi-products in the meats, no antibiotics, or added hormones.

I liked that Chipotle was a company who strive to develop managers, but – more... I think that they focused on expanding too quickly which then resulted in hiring managers who weren't quite ready.

My coworkers were mostly young, in and out of school, so everyone got along well.
I learned how to cut meats, make salsa, and a lot about lordship. – less
Productive and friendly environment
Cashier and cook (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: we had paid lunch and free lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was coming in early, seeing what food stations I was on for the day. Then set up my station and get to work. When done I may be assigned to a cleaning task or help one of my co-workers out if they needed help. The management team was pretty fair and co-workers were awesome. The hardest part of my job was nothing really, but the – more... most enjoyable part was seeing customer smiling because the food was great quality. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Chipotle Mexican Grill

When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: show that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. – Read more

Chipotle Mexican Grill Photos