Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun place to work!
Crew member ( Part time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2018
It was a great start for me and helped me develop my personal and professional skills. The whole process system was genuine and well integrated. The staff are welcoming and motivational at every stage.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Excessive workload during peak hours
Completely Unprofessional
Burrito Roller (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2018
They never respected my availability.The managers would make inappropriate comments.I was treated with disrespect on a daily basis.Worst job I have ever had.
Fun but the attitude on most of the managers were horrible.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Dixie, ON3 January 2018
In the beginning it was nice until peoole started to get really comfortable. The manager expected for you to.come.jnto work even if you were sick and injured and I don't do well with that. The girls that worked there were very rude
Fun place to work and I learned a lot
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2017
The job culture was very friendly an encouraging and the team is like a family. I enjoyed the interactions with customers, the fast paced environment, and the food perks!
Pros
Free food, learn a lot about food prep and service.
Cons
Tiring, sometimes early or late working hours.
A Typical Day At Work
Cashier/Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
My typical day at Chipotle involves prepping multiple salsas for the entire day. This includes, making roughly 16 deep pans of each, mild salsa (pico de gallo) and corn salsa. Around 4-5 1/6th pans for hot salsa and medium salsa (salsa verde). As well as shredding around 12+ deep pans of cheese. There is also sour cream and vinaigrette to prepare as well. Once completed, preparation for lunch rush is done and the start of the opening the store and serving customers until you need to prep extra food for the evening.
Pros
Paid breaks, free uniform, free food at the end of your shift or during your break.
It is a great start
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 October 2017
Chipotle sets you up with life skills that are going to be useful in your daily life such as; cleaning, cooking, and being responsible. You might be asked to do various activities to show that you are a top-performer. Environment is great. if it is your first job you will love it. You will make tons of friends and even sharing time with them at movies.
Great workplace with reasonable pay and hours
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 October 2017
It's a fun workplace with great management team and amazing coworkers, they allow everyone to have a say on whom to hire which is great. A review occurs every 6 months to see if you deserve a raise, more improvements = higher raise. It's great at first, but the longer you work the more annoying the job gets which you tend to lose passion with their standards but if you work with people you love, they make you want to not quit.
Pros
Paid break, free meal
Cons
Repetitive, High standards
Fun workplace with great management & crew
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
My experience at Chipotle was a very good one. The workplace culture was amazing as I got along and made a lot of good friends at Chipotle. The work itself is quite physically demanding but also rewarding. My multi-tasking and time management skills improved a lot thanks to Chipotle.
Productive workplace with integrity and filled with friendly staff that loves to work.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  yonge and dundas31 August 2017
A workplace filled with guest that is satisfied when being served. Every guest that comes in the restaurant is ensured to leave the store with a happy heart and a happy stomach. Everyday there is always something new to learn and adapt in working at chipotle. Each crew member looks out for one another and makes sure no team member is left out on doing a task thats supposed to be for two and ofcourse when doing something thats may not meet work standard, each team member is to take intiative in correcting what was done wrong.

Cihpotle management ensures that guest are served with no harm, with that said they make sure that managers check each members wellness to work in order to supply customers food that may not cause them to be ill. The management also makes sure that not only do they take care of their guest but most importantly their staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to serve guests and meeting their satisfaction when coming into our store. As well as being a part of a team that always have a happy heart and carries a smile on their faces at work.
Pros
Free lunch and tuition reimbursement after a year of working at chipotle.
terrible
TEAM MEMBER / PREP CREW (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 August 2017
Terrible experience, they make you feel like you are not useful, most of the managers always tell you that you are doing everything wrong, they always tell you to work faster and faster... they never congrats when you make a good job
Poorly managed location, considering how busy it gets.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 August 2017
90% of the time management only places one person as cook. Regardless of how many people are working, they insist they have more people working the line. This puts strain on the person working as cook because as more people are getting served their food, it is entirely up to the cook the keep up with the demand.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor management
It taught me a lot
Prep Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 July 2017
Chipotle was a job that I really enjoyed doing. The lines were full of customers and the workplace culture was always positive. There was no easy part on the job and there was no hard part on the job. In the end it was a job that all the employees really enjoyed. Whether it be preparing food for the grillers or grilling the food for the front to serve; everyone there enjoyed learning new things.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unpredictable Shifts
Working at Chipotle. Managers perspective
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 July 2017
Working at Chipotle has been an absolute pleasure. I have worked there for over 2 years. Started off as a crew member and made my way up to management within a year. Got promoted to a Service manager before my two year mark. Chipotle has the right culture and attracts the right people with good work ethic.
Pros
Free employee meal, benefits for management, flexible schedule
Cons
Hiring outside hires who do not understand Chipotle's concept and culture.
This is the place for you if you are willing to put in work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
This was my first job in the fast food industry and I will never again work with food. Honestly, I did enjoy my time here but there is so much work that goes on behind the scenes and theres no time to slow down. If you are looking for many hours, better than minimum wage pay then this is the place for you. But be ready to work your butt off.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Great Concept, too fast expansion to keep up with original vision
Apprentice General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2017
Always Busy
Constant Procedure changes and updates
Lots of attention to food safety
Many types of audits to ensure efficiency
Goal is create empowering environment where we can each become our best selves, but sometimes can feel like groups and cliques form.
It is productive and fun. Everybody is so cheerful and warming
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 June 2017
I liked working there because it provided a nice environment to work in. It is so welcoming and managers try their best to help you out.
The best thing about it is its management and work culture.
Pros
free lunches and other benefits
Cons
late closing hours
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PA29 May 2017
Working at Chipotle was very fun because you get to interact with so many people everyday. The food is also healthier than the average fast food joint. The managers always push you to do better and help you work your way up in the chain.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Fast paced
Fun place, but is not something I am going to do for my life
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2017
It was a physically difficult job, but people there were amazing.
It reminds me of a one big family. Managers were always happy to share their experience.
Level of sanitary was high, I was surprised that a fast-food place has such strict food safety rules.
The hardest part of the job for me was physical part: I cannot carry heavy boxes and stand for 8 hours.
I got a good experience of earning money as a student, but not something I want to continue.
Fun workplace, personal growth driven, culture based.
Restaurant Crew (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 April 2017
A typical day at work would include greeting your coworkers and feel that positive vibe flow through the restaurant as well as the feeling of enthusiasm of willing to provide the best towards guests. Working hard and constantly keeping the restaurant in perfect shape allowing guests to enjoy their experience. I learned a lot from people skills, professionalism, leadership and ownership skills, as well as culinary skills. The management has improved such that we learn every day to improve output. The hardest part of the job would be trying to be 100% perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting and working with coworkers as well as having laid back conversations while maintaining professionalism. The positivity that surrounds the restaurant also gives guests the impression of the enjoyment of serving them. If you're interested in hospitality careers, chipotle is a good way to start off.
Pros
Free meal when working, 50% off the clock meal, paid break, amazing coworkers and management
Cons
difficult to maintain staff capacity - possibility of inflexible scheduling
A Fun place to work for best customer service experience
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 April 2017
A great environment to work.
Friendly management
Free meal on the day of work
Rotation is done among stations to train employees on all areas.
Benefits are great.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Insufficient shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Chipotle Mexican Grill Reviews by Location