The job is on a consultancy basis. Candidates should be under 30 years of age for Visa reasons, must have a valid Canadian Passport, and preferably have 5+ years experience in the oil and gas industry with exposure to CBM.
Responsible for wellsite geological supervision in Australia, including:
- Drill cuttings samples preparation, description and interpretation;
- Mudlogging supervision (total gas supervision and maintenance or chromatography supervision and interpretation);
- MWD and LWD supervision, on-site geo steering;
- Directional wellpath supervision using drill cuttings, MWD/LWD parameters, gas readings, offsetting information;
- Wireline logging supervision and interpretation.
- Coring supervision, testing supervision and interpretation.
- Bachelors degree in Geology;
- Industry certification/training (H2S Alive, First Aid, WHIMS, TDG);
- Valid Alberta Class 5 drivers licence or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin;
- Experience with CBM;
- Familiar with all drilling rig operations;
- Thorough experience with horizontal and deviated wells;
- Good computer skills, including striplog software and Office suite;
Successful candidates will be contacted by phone or email. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to telephone inquires about the status of your application.
Indeed - 8 months ago